Photo

Mission Builder VS Sanny Builder

17 replies to this topic
Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

In 2005 I started to write scripts for the GTAVC, now for the GTASA and always used the Mission Builder from Barton and this year was that I knew the Sanny Builder and I would like to know what I can do the most with this editor in relation of the Mission Builder? viddy_pirate.gif

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:53 PM Edited by ZAZ, 09 January 2008 - 09:59 PM.

The CLEO projekt is the really advantage.
The IF- statements and math coding are made easier
The search funktion and the kind of marking lines or words is still a deficit

Doomed_Space_Marine
  • Doomed_Space_Marine

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

Sanny builder if much faster. I remember when I decompiled main.scm with mission builder first time. I had to wait a few minutes. When I tried sanny builder, it looked very fast for me. SB decompiled main.scm in a few seconds smile.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:31 PM

The biggest advantage (in addition to the ones mentioned already) of Sannybuilder is that it is still actively maintained by it's author. While mission-builder is abandoned. This means that problems found in sannybuilder will be fixed, and new functionality is likely in future releases and not so for Mission-Builder.

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

GMAS TEAM LEADER(FANGTA SECONDARY ACCOUNT)

• Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Rapier @ Jan 9 2008, 21:30)
In 2005 I started to write scripts for the GTAVC, now for the GTASA and always used the Mission Builder from Barton and this year was that I knew the Sanny Builder and I would like to know what I can do the most with this editor in relation of the Mission Builder? viddy_pirate.gif

maybe but the sanny builder have in the not long time interested updates??(for example new opcodes to cleo library etc.) and more:).

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:29 PM

How often do you want updates ? cry.gif

The last update of sanny builder is dated 17 nov 2007, less than 2 months ago. You don't find bug fixing updates useful ?

May I remind you that the last update for MB dates back to before the release of SA for PC ?

gtaragemachine
  • gtaragemachine

Livin on the Edge...of my chair

• Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

I'm not a programmer but I have assembled and integrated into my game all of the mods that I have wanted. Through that process, I had come across a couple of mods that were written in Sanny that I couldn't figure out how to convert to MB.

So, with much fear, I finally took the plunge and switched to Sanny. And since most people are writing in Sanny these days, I have no regrets. I also love adding Cleo mods on the fly (if nothing more than to just test a mod), plus I have maxed out the thread limit. lol.gif

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

The code syntax of Sanny Builder is similar to the code syntax of Borland Delphi, that I already know.

Offtopic:
While mission-builder is abandoned.
Because Barton left the forum and its work? Someone knows?

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Rapier @ Jan 10 2008, 21:05)
The code syntax of Sanny Builder is similar to the code syntax of Borland Delphi, that I already know.

Offtopic:
While mission-builder is abandoned.
Because Barton left the forum and its work? Someone knows?

Yes, barton has left the forums, his work and in fact the whole GTA modding scene, some time before the release of SA for the PC. That's the reason why there aren't any updates for MB, and the reason that there won't be any in the future.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (gtaragemachine @ Jan 10 2008, 15:01)
I'm not a programmer but I have assembled and integrated into my game all of the mods that I have wanted. Through that process, I had come across a couple of mods that were written in Sanny that I couldn't figure out how to convert to MB.

So, with much fear, I finally took the plunge and switched to Sanny. And since most people are writing in Sanny these days, I have no regrets. I also love adding Cleo mods on the fly (if nothing more than to just test a mod), plus I have maxed out the thread limit. lol.gif

I find Cleo very useful for testing out code as well, its a great feature.
Good for adding small working codes for mods as well with out disrupting gamesaves.

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

Problem: If you try to open a file (. SCM) that recorded in a CD / DVD-ROM, the program displays an error message.

user posted image

Solution: Place a Save Dialog window for the user can select the folder where you want to save the decompiled file.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Rapier @ Jan 20 2008, 06:21)
Problem: If you try to open a file (. SCM) that recorded in a CD / DVD-ROM, the program displays an error message.

user posted image

Solution: Place a Save Dialog window for the user can select the folder where you want to save the decompiled file.

I like the current solution, to always keep the txt en scm file side by side.

In your case, just copy the scm file to where you want the project to reside, and open the file from there.

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:25 AM

In your case, just copy the scm file to where you want the project to reside, and open the file from there.

You are right, but if you find an error in the program and you can fix, then, why not fix? I think this way... Place a Save Dialog as the Mission Builder is nothing complicated. smile.gif

tomworld10
  • tomworld10

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:54 AM Edited by tomworld10, 27 March 2008 - 07:24 PM.

Hi,

Sanny Builder is the best of the best !!!!!!!!!!

It :
- Is faster
- Is updated every two or three months
- Has CLEO (and if Sanny only had that it would be the best anyway)
- Is Multi language (English, French, German, Polish, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and of course Russian)
- Is Well documentated (See Sanny's help and CODING BIBLE Part I :: Part II -BTW, it's now included in Sanny's help too-)
- Has new features (Coords Manager, Opcode search, add and parameter external apps -"User tools..."-, see Editor/Features in Sanny's help )
- Handles maths in a much more simple way
- Handles the IF statements better
- Use color code highlighter
- Supports high-level constructions (see old sanny readme for more)
- Has new coding method with classes (see Sanny's help)
- Has much more options for everything
- Has a converter from MB syntax
- Can decompile from GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA LCS, GTA VCS
- Can compile in a few clicks in GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA
- Has a console (mostly for better decompiling)
- Adds extra info to SCM, such as Sanny version, SASCM.INI version, etc... used for compiling
- It's author is still around here, you can actualy talk to him, he'll answer !!!!! (BTW Hi, mate !! Sorry the bible isn't finish and Sanny's help isn't yet translated in french)
- Some other things I've forgotten, please tell me I'll add them

All those things SAMB doesn't have... and will never have....
So yes it's not perfect yet, that's true, but first, never ever anything is, and then it's quite bloody close to perfection !!!!!! Yes help is only in English and Russian, yes there is little errors sometimes when you push it, yes there is so much that could be better but remember that people do it for free (nobody gets money from modding, at least not directly -Well Seeman and his friend does it completly for free-) and Sanny is one of the best SDK have seen. Look at the SDK game developers give us !!!!! They're all very often pretty crappy and far not as good as Sanny is. I mean, would R* give us a tool that is as good as Sanny is ? I'm not so sure....

@Rapier : Thank you for starting an essential topic, people need to know that Sanny is much better, it's good having a place to say it. BTW MB Save Dialog isn't that good I remember back then I didn't like it that much I found that it's more annoying than useful...
And you might like to know that at the begining I was scared of SB, I was a newbie and I was trusting MB much better, then one day I've downloaded Sanny, after 5 minutes of using Sanny I thought I could never get back SAMB and guess what : I never did...

Have fun

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

I would like to know if a Custom Script is equal to an External Script?

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:24 AM Edited by derty, 27 March 2008 - 01:26 AM.

QUOTE (Rapier @ Jan 26 2008, 16:57)
I would like to know if a Custom Script is equal to an External Script?

custom script is user created.

While externals can be created by us, they are more than that, they are the Script.IMG. Think HTML file + CSS files and that's how that works, by linking in your main scm document.

These are decompiled with the main.scm to the bottom of the resulting human readable text.

edit: grabbed that for you: http://www.gtamoddin...External_Script

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

Thanks derty, I thought that never again would be answered!

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (PatrickW @ Jan 21 2008, 13:57)
QUOTE (Rapier @ Jan 20 2008, 06:21)

user posted image

I like the current solution, to always keep the txt en scm file side by side.

Could combine the two, give an option to resave the txt file and move the scm there too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users