Photo

THE TYRANNY of EVIL MEN

29 replies to this topic
mista morino
  • mista morino

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

We all know that Niko won't be a saint. But how evil will the bad guys be ? What won't Niko do ? Is there a line that even he won'T cross ? I mentionned organ trafficking in another tread and almost everybody got shivers down their spine and said Niko would never do that sort of things . Any other things he wouldn't do ? Your thoughts please.

Turnip_chair
  • Turnip_chair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

I dunno?Uhm since we havn't played the game we will have to go by what we got..some of the characrters look pretty bad ass and some not so much..

I don't realy know how co*ky niko will be towards these characters tho..

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

The organ trafficing thing was just stupid. And it's for people 'going to NY', not people who just came.
Niko seem's pretty badass, seeing as he's got people running for their lives, cops complaining he is shooting to many people, and Roman going crazy as well.
I think Niko would be worse than the 'bad guys'. Niko seems to have balls. And large ones.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:27 PM Edited by Darrel, 09 January 2008 - 04:33 PM.

He doesn't seem like much bothers him as he has "killed people, smuggled people, sold people" Although i do think he has a heart. Dont know what his limits are though.

Jinamo
  • Jinamo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (ceedot @ Jan 9 2008, 17:25)
I think Niko would be worse than the 'bad guys'. Niko seems to have balls. And large ones.

Larger than Maddox's?
But aye, Niko is obviously one tough bastard. Doesn't really strike me as the "f*cking around"-kind of guy, but neither too much of a heartless ice-cold psychopath. He'll kill when he has to.
And I'm not sure if there'll be any "bad guys", or atleast not anyone badder than Niko. They're probably just some guys who are trying to stop them in whatever Niko and Roman is doing, and probably get a hold of the money Roman owns them.

Eddie280
  • Eddie280

Slow down, You bitch!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

More evil than Hitler, Charles Manson, Stalin, Chairman Mao and Bush combined. nervous.gif

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

I really think that people misunderstood the line "perhaps here, things will be different".
People assume it has to do with gameplay. I think it indicates that Niko
wants to get away from his old lifestyle. Why would the main character be talking about
gameplay from previous games?

mista morino
  • mista morino

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Eddie280 @ Jan 9 2008, 17:02)
More evil than Hitler, Charles Manson, Stalin, Chairman Mao and Bush combined. nervous.gif

PLEASE..NOT BUSH !!! Or else they'll nuke Liberty city !

*C-Note*
  • *C-Note*

Original Gangster

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

Of course Niko's a badass criminal,but every man has his limits. Maybe he will refuse to kill children or women like Scarface...
But I think the bad guys will have no heart at all. Maybe they will sell drugs to children,kill innocent people...

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (fishermanGTA @ Jan 9 2008, 17:06)
I really think that people misunderstood the line "perhaps here, things will be different".
wants to get away from his old lifestyle. Why would the main character be talking about

That's the point 'perhaps' He obviously thought this before he got caught up in all the violence and crime that we have seen in the trailers. He was supposed to be living the 'American Dream'

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Jan 9 2008, 17:22)

That's the point 'perhaps' He obviously thought this before he got caught up in all the violence and crime that we have seen in the trailers. He was supposed to be living the 'American Dream'

Perhaps we will have another scarface on out hands then?
Scarface was all about the way people take the "American Dream" out of
context and use it to justify their own evil deeds, all in the name of freedom.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:28 PM Edited by Darrel, 09 January 2008 - 05:50 PM.

QUOTE (fishermanGTA @ Jan 9 2008, 17:25)

It would be pretty cool if Niko died at the end. Then Rockstar would definitely capture the emotion what movies are capable of.
Although that wouldn't tie in well after you complete the game and want to pony farm. It would be like "Niko died right? "Yeah, but we can still pony farm with him"
wouldn't make much sense.

Edit- I hope this song is in the game. It would be awesome

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

Ever thought that Niko may be evil? That maybe he is the Diaz, Forelli or Tenpenny of this story? A man who makes things a lot worse for his community as a whole? I mean, how many times can they do the "Drugs are bad" angle? Niko looks like a real piece of work. Maybe we'll sympathise with him but I don't expect much commendable behaviour from his end.

Eddie280
  • Eddie280

Slow down, You bitch!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

A man who makes things a lot worse for his community as a whole

Abit like every GTA cahracter ever then?? confused.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Not true. Fido didn't adversely affect his landscape because he was a blunt instrument. A tool. He did nothing wrong because he was a totally empty vessel. CJ got rid of drug dealers in his area and did good work for the US government. Vic Vance saved a woman from being subjected to life as a whore and got rid of a corrupt army official.

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:59 PM Edited by fishermanGTA, 09 January 2008 - 06:02 PM.

QUOTE (Darrel @ Jan 9 2008, 17:28)
QUOTE (fishermanGTA @ Jan 9 2008, 17:25)

It would be pretty cool if Niko died at the end. Then Rockstar would definitely capture the emotion what movies are capable of.
Although that wouldn't tie in well after you complete the game and want to pony farm. It would be like "Niko died right? "Yeah, but we can still pony farm with him"
wouldn't make much sense .

Edit- I hope this song is in the game. It would be awesome

That is the key phrase here.
I wouldn't want to play a game, building up contacts, and
my own life within the game, only to have this looming knowledge that Niko will indeed die.

EDIT:

Typhus I really don't think so. Yeah Niko is a bad ass, but I don't think he will
be evil, he seems to have the basic reasoning for right and wrong.

Eddie280
  • Eddie280

Slow down, You bitch!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Jan 9 2008, 17:55)
Not true. Fido didn't adversely affect his landscape because he was a blunt instrument. A tool. He did nothing wrong because he was a totally empty vessel. CJ got rid of drug dealers in his area and did good work for the US government. Vic Vance saved a woman from being subjected to life as a whore and got rid of a corrupt army official.

and that makes killing thousands of other innocent people ok???

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

Okay, in the storyline what really innocent people did they murder?

Jay-Z is the G.O.A.T.
  • Jay-Z is the G.O.A.T.

Da Roc-Boys In The Building!

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (ceedot @ Jan 9 2008, 12:25)
The organ trafficing thing was just stupid. And it's for people 'going to NY', not people who just came.
Niko seem's pretty badass, seeing as he's got people running for their lives, cops complaining he is shooting to many people, and Roman going crazy as well.

He kinda has that Jason Bourne thing going on, in the sense that you would rather avoid him. I'm looking forward to playing as him.

JeNvEy
  • JeNvEy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Jan 9 2008, 16:27)
He doesn't seem like much bothers him as he has "killed people, smuggled people, sold people" Although i do think he has a heart. Dont know what his limits are though.

haha his limits..il go past his limits dont you worry that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (JeNvEy @ Jan 9 2008, 18:26)
QUOTE (Darrel @ Jan 9 2008, 16:27)

haha his limits..il go past his limits dont you worry that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Im sure you will. As will i sly.gif

mista morino
  • mista morino

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

EXactly , I think that Niko is trying to get away from his shady past and make a more decent, respectable living, but his past will catch up with him pretty fast and he will be obliged to do other people's biding to avoid being either killed or deported or jailed. I was just wondering when ( cause I'm pretty sure it will happen ) he will turn on some of his contacts ( remember that McReary is blackmailing him ) and how it will branch into a different storyline.

Kalasinn
  • Kalasinn

Zomb Thatch™

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

The bad guys will be very evil indeed, just imagine Giant Evil Robot Hitler! devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif (joke)

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (fishermanGTA @ Jan 9 2008, 11:06)

That's the beauty of the line. It's so simple, yet contains so much. It's a warcry for Niko, trying to change his past and move away from his shady dealings (killing, smuggling, selling).

On the other side of the coin, Rockstar put enough emphasis on this line to let you know it's something they believe in, and something they hope to deliver. This is their first next-gen title, so already things are different.

R* likes to be ambiguous, and that hasn't changed.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Jan 9 2008, 17:37)
Ever thought that Niko may be evil? That maybe he is the Diaz, Forelli or Tenpenny of this story? A man who makes things a lot worse for his community as a whole? I mean, how many times can they do the "Drugs are bad" angle? Niko looks like a real piece of work. Maybe we'll sympathise with him but I don't expect much commendable behaviour from his end.

Great idea. Then, things will truely be different. I'd love for him to be the cleaner in an evil corrupt world of organised and high-reaching crime. My favourite GTA character was Cluade in GTA3 - for that very reason - he killed many people just to finish the job. I want Niko to be the same, a hired gun, nothing else.

The story should focus on the consiquences of his actions rather than HIS personal story. I'd love for him to be the ice-cold soul-less assassin who is simply the spectator, as complex and intreguing stories about his employers unfold, while he ruthlessly carries out their deeds.

I don't want to connect with him like a freakin sissy, emotionally and sh*t. Even though both me and Niko arrived in NYC (or LC in GTA4) from a foriegn country, and eight months ago, I too was new just like him, he is still not me and wont be anything like me. So who or what am I kidding with 'connecting with him'. Besides, isn't that exactly the same thing that happens in every f*cking God-foresaken move with the main character goodie - it's just cheesy and unoriginal now.

I want to pity Niko - feel sorry for his situation, but say I would have done it so differently. I don't want an upright cheesy, CJ-like character with a hypocritical moral compass where he is against drugs, but has no remorse dispossing of so many innocents. Things should just evolve on their own - I want to feel that the world would be no different if this poor eastern-European immigrant never existed - someone else would just do the job.

I loved the Marty Chonks missions in GTA3. Claude knew what was going on, but he continued doing it for the money, helping the c*nt dispose of all his enemies in his gruesome manner. Any other GTA hypocritical character would have taken the moral high-ground and eventually killed Marty himself, but Claude just stood by until he got killed by the BF.
Then, when i have just started GTA3, that shocked me with such a grim view of this alternate GTA universe, and how ruthless people (inculding Claude) get for their God - money and greed. Oh, and I loved it!

*C-Note*
  • *C-Note*

Original Gangster

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Jan 9 2008, 18:07)
Okay, in the storyline what really innocent people did they murder?

You're right. CJ for example-he didn't kill innocent people. He killed enemy gangbangers,corrupt cops,drug dealers...He only killed innocents if you wanted to-in pony farm.

EDIT:WTF? I typed fre.e roam and it turned into pony farm??? dontgetit.gif

dragonrock
  • dragonrock

trannies

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

I hope there are evil geniuses out for you that use different technology against you liek satellite controlled car bombs and different stuff.

deerman420
  • deerman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

awesome thread title bro THE TRYANNY OF EVIL MEN AND THOSE THAT WANT TO HARM AND DESTROY MY BROTHERS. YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD WHEN I LAY MY VENGENCE UPON THE

RandomLoser
  • RandomLoser

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:04 PM

Niko dosen't really seem proud of what he did. He moved out of his home country to get away from all that smuggling people thing. He isn't as bad as people think he is.

HAGGIE_GTA
  • HAGGIE_GTA

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:06 PM

Maybe just like the last few games, corrupt cops, etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users