GTASA: Liberty City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,109 replies to this topic
Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

Love the mod, I may have to convert LC-2010 for it.

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Jan 18 2008, 14:08)

+100 biggrin.gif
On engine Sa your mod Would look even better!!! Moreover in са many destroyed things))))

DarthTemplar
  • DarthTemplar

Hail to the King Baby

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Jan 18 2008, 03:08)

I told my friend about your mod and he asked

"Will you be able to do that 2010 thing on the SA liberty city?" I said no and he was very disappointed

But I am fully supporting you with adapting it to that. Please can you do it One Piece?

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

SA:LC Mod-Lead (200X - 2008)

• Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:34 PM Edited by GTAfanattic, 19 January 2008 - 08:36 PM.

Here's some pictures of progress in the mod, just in case any of you thought nothing was happening sigh.gif . I've been really trying to focus on what people were pointing out as bugs, and things they'd like to be better (besides higher poly models and higher res textures dozingoff.gif ). Here's a preview:

1. Completely revamped weather system:
user posted image

2. New Cop model (GTA3):
user posted image

3. Fixed glass textures:
user posted image

4. Updated Kuruma car model as well as entirely new Claude model:
user posted image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of these will be released as a downloadable update as soon as possible. They will hopefully be released along with bbobik's mission script, currently in progress. By the way, Cursed and I had discussed getting this new release some PR material, such as a promotional Trailer/Gameplay on a video site such as YouTube. If anyone has any material, let us know - screenshots or videos, whatever.

DarthTemplar
  • DarthTemplar

Hail to the King Baby

• Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

What did you do with the hud in the last few pictures Fanattic? It looks so much better.

Also I am loving your updates. It makes the game seem that much more real

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

looks great and all, but I really hope you aren't making this a replica of gta 3, with the ability to change clothing and eat only. I personally think the gta 3 anims suck ^^. But good none the less.

Therman
  • Therman

The Herman

• Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:08 PM Edited by Therman, 19 January 2008 - 10:19 PM.

wow this is awesome! biggrin.gif
the cop model looks great! icon14.gif

Edit: now that you can get models from gta liberty city stories you should take the motorbikes from it to replace the san andreas ones since there is no motorbikes in gta 3 you can convert ph34r.gif

Fredskin
  • Fredskin

New Yorker Forever

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:02 AM

The news Kuruma is really great! Can wait to drive it around LC because is one of my favorite gta'series car !
The glass fixed is a good thinks IMO too, causse the last time i've try to escape police making a stunt jump thought this place i fell into a pillon tounge2.gif !
So, the next release will be so cool with all this things and with the script coding !

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

Glad you like the Kuruma. All we need is bbobik's script and we're good for an update.

Anyway, here's a screen of something I started working on (after watching CSI) - I've started making Liberty's seabed deeper. Would people be interested in exploring the depths of Liberty's seas, like for Oysters etc?

user posted image
(The water was removed for viewing purposes)

Feedback please, as I'd need to know if people would be interested, or couldn't care less.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

It would be awesome if you added in a submarine. I'm all for it!

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (manofpeace @ Jan 19 2008, 22:30)
It would be awesome if you added in a submarine. I'm all for it!

biggrin.gif

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (GTAfanattic @ Jan 19 2008, 23:34)
I've been really trying to focus on what people were pointing out as bugs, and things they'd like to be better

Here are 2 bugs
1) Do not visible in the game crashed cars, the mapper is, but not visible in the game
user posted image
2) A building with bug
user posted image
The solution to the problem - to be a shadow in the depths of the building for this bug

I sentence
It can be a running basketball playground? it would be cool to play
user posted image

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:04 AM

Those bugs will be fixed soon B@NDIT. Thanks for allowing us to use your trees and textures. I can't possibly tell you how great the weather system I've been testing is, totally changes the city. Like GTAfanattic said we are looking for video material, there is an old Beta 3 trailer on YouTube that was made by a fan, but everything has changed so much since then. As for the Prison retexture you want, this has been hanging around the US:LC topic for a few months now, it's made by me.

user posted image

I have made some high res Vehicle and Particle textures you can use GTAfanattic, Ill send you my vehicle.txd and particle.txd on MSN.

The arms may need tweeking if it was to be used. The San Andreas lights look great on the Kuruma, but Ive reverted my Carcols to the San Andreas ones for now. Looking forward to the new updates icon14.gif

Thanks,
James

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:43 PM

OK, So I got the mod yesterday and I love it! Me being me I quickly felt the need to make a video...nothing special. Just be driving about and testing out the planes pulled into some sort of film-ish video.

Therman
  • Therman

The Herman

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

nice video biggrin.gif

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

Wow, the video is amazing, thats the sort of style that would be good for the trailer.

pgtipsp
  • pgtipsp

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

awesome video, nice die hard 3 ref with the music

can anyone tell me all the different files that make up claudes outfit? i replaced a whole bunch of them for a new outfit, using the sa jeans dff to replace the leather trousers, but the claude texture shows up on the bottom half of the leg for some reason i cant work

also there is a collision bug on the grass south of portland police station near where the perennial spawns and right next to the struts holding up the el-tracks - its a big invisible collison file

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:54 PM Edited by xrk, 20 January 2008 - 04:29 PM.

QUOTE (B@ND!T @ Jan 20 2008, 07:19)

1) Do not visible in the game crashed cars, the mapper is, but not visible in the game

here is the fix for that Download

its a TXD, just replace the old one in the gta3.img and the cars will show up in the game

I think I know what the towerblock problem is too.

edit..

This fixes the towers download

add the dff to img
ide and ipl go to data/maps/portland replacing the old two.

@pgtipsp

from the scm
"LEATHER" model "LEATHER" body_part 0
"LEATHERTR" model "LEATHERTR" body_part 2
"SNEAKERBINCBLU" model "SNEAKER" body_part 3
"JHERICURL" model "JHERI" body_part 1

Major_Tom
  • Major_Tom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:47 PM Edited by Major_Tom, 20 January 2008 - 06:05 PM.

First of all great work on the mod, really enjoying it. I've found some things that may need fixing....

* Bolt Burgers (Burger Shot) has too many peds inside. (Just west of torrington) Staunton Island.

* Camera angle not right when storing cars at the Staunton Island safe house.

* Water in the subway near Liberty Campus. Staunton Island.

* No peds in subway in Chinatown

Crashes:

* At the Donald Love building, the game crashes when you take a moterbike into the pickup to go to the roof.

Edit: I'll be sure to update this post if I find any more bugs/errors or crashes. Also if someone would be kind as to tell me how to add a thumbnail pic for screenshots of problems I would be greatful, as I don't want to post a 1280x1024 size img in the forum.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

I want to help as much as I can with this but because I have no knowlege of modding this is the best I can do right now to help..

Mirrors for both mission scripts!

scripjan9.zip

BETA5.1-Manual.zip.html

Major_Tom
  • Major_Tom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:26 PM Edited by Major_Tom, 20 January 2008 - 07:32 PM.

TenaciousD, Good work with the script. I played through 'the thieves' mission and noticed something that needs tweaking. First

when you take the car to get it resprayed, the message that tells you to return the car appears before you enter the pay &

spray. Also the red marker is missing where you are to leave the car at. Very minor things I know, just wanted to point that out.

Edit: Also the cop skins are not displaying correctly with this update

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Major_Tom @ Jan 20 2008, 19:26)
TenaciousD, Good work with the script. I played through 'the thieves' mission and noticed something that needs tweaking. First

when you take the car to get it resprayed, the message that tells you to return the car appears before you enter the pay &

spray. Also the red marker is missing where you are to leave the car at. Very minor things I know, just wanted to point that out.

Those aren't updates, they're just mirrors of previous releases. The scripts are mine, not TenaciousD's. The script and cops willl be fixed in the next update. Check a couple of posts back for pics of the new cop model, which is fixed.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (GTAfanattic @ Jan 20 2008, 19:50)
QUOTE (Major_Tom @ Jan 20 2008, 19:26)

when you take the car to get it resprayed,  the message that tells you to return the car appears before you enter the pay &

Those aren't updates, they're just mirrors of previous releases. The scripts are mine, not TenaciousD's. The script and cops willl be fixed in the next update. Check a couple of posts back for pics of the new cop model, which is fixed.

Hey GTAfannatic,since the new importer is in,how about you put LCS bikes in instead of the SA ones,since they fit the era better.

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (xrk @ Jan 20 2008, 17:54)
QUOTE (B@ND!T @ Jan 20 2008, 07:19)

here is the fix for that Download

its a TXD, just replace the old one in the gta3.img and the cars will show up in the game

I think I know what the towerblock problem is too.

edit..

This fixes the towers download

add the dff to img
ide and ipl go to data/maps/portland replacing the old two.

Thanks man )))

Can you tell which lines corrected in files
industNW.ide
industNW.ipl

Just replace the line I feel better, because I have a lot of facilities already put in mapper tool)))

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

What is this importer you all speak of? I'm pretty sure, actually 100% sure, that I don't have any LCS model importer. To clear things up, I haven't created one, nor am I aware of the existance of one. If there was one it would sure give that LCS TC a much easier time. I get all my models from GTA3, not LCS. I think there has been some severe misunderstanding at some point.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (GTAfanattic @ Jan 20 2008, 21:04)
What is this importer you all speak of? I'm pretty sure, actually 100% sure, that I don't have any LCS model importer. To clear things up, I haven't created one, nor am I aware of the existance of one. If there was one it would sure give that LCS TC a much easier time. I get all my models from GTA3, not LCS. I think there has been some severe misunderstanding at some point.

There is a new importer that just came out,and all the models are gonna be extracted soon,since the LCS motorbikes are from Liberty City,and are closer to the era of your mod,we suggest that you use them,not the SA ones.

Therman
  • Therman

The Herman

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Jan 20 2008, 21:08)
QUOTE (GTAfanattic @ Jan 20 2008, 21:04)

There is a new importer that just came out,and all the models are gonna be extracted soon,since the LCS motorbikes are from Liberty City,and are closer to the era of your mod,we suggest that you use them,not the SA ones.

yeah the lcs bikes would fit so well in this mod smile.gif

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, it would rock!

Importer is posted here

But when imported, half of the faces are flipped.

Major_Tom
  • Major_Tom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

GTAfanattic:

Ah yes, well if I would read the credits in the txt file I wouldn't have mis credited you, sorry for that. blush.gif And I meant fixes not updates. suicidal.gif Anyway I'll say it again, Great work on the mod. You guys (and gals) are a very talented group of ppl. smile.gif

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:21 AM Edited by GTAfanattic, 21 January 2008 - 03:41 AM.

QUOTE (TenaciousD. @ Jan 20 2008, 18:23)
I want to help as much as I can with this but because I have no knowlege of modding this is the best I can do right now to help..

Mirrors for both mission scripts!

scripjan9.zip
BETA5.1-Manual.zip.html

Added your mirrors. Thanks - appreciate it colgate.gif .

Also, I had no idea about the LCS model importer - it looks very interesting. I knew it'd eventually be cracked. However, I'm trying to focus on cleaning up bugs at the minute, so will maybe look into it another time.

Progress Update:
- bbobik's script is unlikely to make this update, as he is currently too busy to finish it.
- I am updating the water from scratch, so that there's no more water in the subways etc (hopefully blush.gif ).
- Next update will also include XRK's recent fixes.
- Will attempt to iron out some of the bugs in the current script - I've been OpCode researching dozingoff.gif
- Might try to get collision for the seafloor done - depends how long the water takes.

EDIT:
If anyone out there has Beta 2 or knows where to get it, either PM me or post the link here.
NM -> I actually found it!

EDIT 2:
Hmm ... beta 2 is even useless-er - there's no seafloor collision here either. Beta 1 didn't even have a seafloor ... but I'm sure I can remember at one time hitting a seafloor in SALC. Guess I'll have to make them myself. sigh.gif

That's it really... sleepy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users