GTASA: Liberty City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,109 replies to this topic
DarthTemplar
  • DarthTemplar

Hail to the King Baby

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:13 AM

Why can't you include the original radio stations? Your not changing them, your not claiming them as your own. Your just porting them to San Andreas. How is that violating a copywrite? You could credit all the artists in a readme file

_F_
  • _F_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:39 AM

is this me or the cops are... suicidal.gif
user posted image

aznrogerazn
  • aznrogerazn

Why so serious??

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:00 AM

Will you guys add TransFender and other mod garages into the city? It will be cool if you can use nitrous in LC.
And another thing, will you make a LCS conversion of this mod??

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (DarthTemplar @ Jan 12 2008, 06:13)
Why can't you include the original radio stations? Your not changing them, your not claiming them as your own. Your just porting them to San Andreas. How is that violating a copywrite?

Because you'd make them available FOR FREE - that's not in the best interest of labels and artists.

And I'm sure that it (replacing the radio stations) could be done through a simple batch file for SAAT - all the radio stations would consist of exactly one large stream instead of all the small ones that are arranged to create a diverse listening experience in SA.

pgtipsp
  • pgtipsp

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

you do know that the gta3 stations arent licensed music tho? it was all made up by rockstar, like they did for the topdowb games - it wasnt til VC they had real world music

bbobik
  • bbobik

LCS PC maker

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (aznrogerazn @ Jan 12 2008, 08:00)

I will make SA:LCS, it is my old idea

Superpowermind
  • Superpowermind

Kill the King

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

cooooooool!!!

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (pgtipsp @ Jan 12 2008, 11:44)
you do know that the gta3 stations arent licensed music tho? it was all made up by rockstar, like they did for the topdowb games - it wasnt til VC they had real world music

Wrong - the content for some stations was produced specifically for the game, but that's not the case for all the songs - I thought at least the music on Double Cleff FM would ring a bell (La Donna E Mobile)... Flashback FM plays the Scarface OST.

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

SA:LC Mod-Lead (200X - 2008)

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:31 PM Edited by GTAfanattic, 12 January 2008 - 02:37 PM.

I guess when it comes down to it, the radio stations are copyrighted material from GTA3. Either we will need a really complex batch file for SAAT for those who have the GTA3 audio disk, or we will leave out the radio stations, which may be an easier alternative as San Andreas splits them all up into seperate files - which would be a nightmare to try and replicate. If anyone knows any one who has successfully replaced an entire San Andreas Radio station, let us know.

Anyway, a little something I've been working on for the 1st mission,

-> higher-detail Kuruma + Prison Outfit + GTA3 Weather v1.1

Give Me Liberty:
user posted image

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:50 PM

GTA Fannatic,maybe you could put more detailed hands from San Andreas onto Claude

user posted image
They're still ingame,Grove members use them to greet each other. (there's a normal hand too,not this symbol one)

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:55 PM

No chance. I have tried using the San Andreas hands, but unfortunately the way they work is hardcoded. The hand models themselves will know to get the texture they use out of the main body part - if you look at any SA player.IMG texture (txd) for the upper body, you can see it has the hands texture. That is why I had to remove the hands for the purpose of Claude's hands.

Graphix14
  • Graphix14

New York

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

So what exactly are the main features for this Lc mod??? (Eating,Interiors,etc.)
sarcasm.gif

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (GTAfanattic @ Jan 12 2008, 14:55)
No chance. I have tried using the San Andreas hands, but unfortunately the way they work is hardcoded. The hand models themselves will know to get the texture they use out of the main body part - if you look at any SA player.IMG texture (txd) for the upper body, you can see it has the hands texture. That is why I had to remove the hands for the purpose of Claude's hands.

You mean like CJ's hands?

No,Why not trying to put those detailed hands I posted earlier.

It'd look cool. simkas has them on his Vic model.

bbobik
  • bbobik

LCS PC maker

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

GTAfanattic
Can you send me prison clothes in pm? I gonna use them in GiveMeTheLiberty till script converting..

I started converting and lokating damaged Callahan Bridge, screens will be tomorrow or today

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Jan 12 2008, 15:04)
You mean like CJ's hands?

No,Why not trying to put those detailed hands I posted earlier.

It'd look cool. simkas has them on his Vic model.

If you want detailed hands, you can do them. I have tried, and can't find a workaround. There's no way I can do more detailed hands so please stop asking for them.

@bbobik: sent you the Prison outfit in a PM - they're a bit rough round the edges, but you'll get the idea.

Therman
  • Therman

The Herman

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

omfg the prison suit looks awesome! biggrin.gif
it should be retextured so it looks like a normal white t-shirt wow.gif
then there would be two casual clothes for claude in this mod tounge.gif

Tornronim
  • Tornronim

Gunsmith

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:23 PM Edited by Tornronim, 12 January 2008 - 05:28 PM.

I haven't posted for a while so Hi again.
I've still trying to get the gta3 heli ingame but no luck(got it into gmax, used polmav hierarchy but it keeps saying something about in invalid integar, which im guessing is something to do with the collision, sicne it exports with no collision model). If you want it you'll probably have to rig it yourself, i've got it in gmax and .z3d format if someone wants to get it ingame.
Ported the rest of the gta3 weapons and gave the m16 handling similiar to gta3's, if you want them to save you the trouble of converting them just ask.
Made a v3 of my icons, they're no longer the san andreas icons recoloured. I've made my own 3dish versions. Only 2 examples so far:
user posted image
Shotgspa/Combat Shotgun
user posted image
I'll probably remake the minigun, its to detailed
user posted image
Original(reference)

I've also started work on the fonts again, for now I've "de-italiced" them so they're easier to position, but when I'm finished I'll change them back.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (aznrogerazn @ Jan 12 2008, 08:00)

There already is:
Look at the docks, it's writed NO TUNNEL!!! This is a reference to the riot on LCS.

Dave_TE
  • Dave_TE

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

Any plans to convert GTA3 sounds?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (GTAfanattic @ Jan 12 2008, 14:31)
I guess when it comes down to it, the radio stations are copyrighted material from GTA3. Either we will need a really complex batch file for SAAT for those who have the GTA3 audio disk, or we will leave out the radio stations, which may be an easier alternative as San Andreas splits them all up into seperate files - which would be a nightmare to try and replicate. If anyone knows any one who has successfully replaced an entire San Andreas Radio station, let us know.

If you could set it up, you could actually replace all the separate files with Blanks ones and have one file as the Full Radio station from GTA3. That way each station would only play one song continuously just like the old engine. All you would have to do is get some blank .ogg files and replace all the songs after track 1 in every stations files and replace all the commercials with blanks ones in the commercial file. All you need to do then is convert the GTA3 stations to .ogg and replace them as the main tracks in the san andreas ones. If you could set it up, it would be best to convert from the PS2 version since they are higher quality than the PC version and you could get a better sounding quality .ogg (VBR 128-160) compared to the actual PC rips.

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:24 PM Edited by B@ND!T, 12 January 2008 - 07:28 PM.

QUOTE (Dave_TE @ Jan 12 2008, 21:05)
Any plans to convert GTA3 sounds?

It is possible to replace all dj voice by empty files and to insert full tracks from OST + to add tracks from LCS OST

Maybe I shall try to make even one station! I shall begin with game fm

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Jan 12 2008, 18:17)
If you could set it up, you could actually replace all the separate files with Blanks ones and have one file as the Full Radio station from GTA3. That way each station would only play one song continuously just like the old engine. All you would have to do is get some blank .ogg files and replace all the songs after track 1 in every stations files and replace all the commercials with blanks ones in the commercial file. All you need to do then is convert the GTA3 stations to .ogg and replace them as the main tracks in the san andreas ones. If you could set it up, it would be best to convert from the PS2 version since they are higher quality than the PC version and you could get a better sounding quality .ogg (VBR 128-160) compared to the actual PC rips.

It's an interesting idea, although I tried it myself a while back, but with no success - I just heard nothing when I selected my modified radio station. I think each split sound file needs to be a certain length. Perhaps if we could modify the parameters of this required length, we could get this theory to work? Ideas anyone?

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:25 PM Edited by B@ND!T, 12 January 2008 - 10:17 PM.

At me it has turned out to replace with radio
Only while there is a defect in the form of that that between songs a huge pause, yet do not know as it to change
Video Proof

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (B@ND!T @ Jan 12 2008, 20:25)
Only while there is a defect in the form of that that between songs a huge pause, yet do not know as it to change
Video Proof

Wow! That's awesome. How'd you get that to work? Did you just replace one song, the whole radio station or several different songs? Did you need to split the files up? This would be really handy for SA:LC to have GTA3 radio stations - giving that really GTA3-feel.

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (GTAfanattic @ Jan 13 2008, 16:40)
QUOTE (B@ND!T @ Jan 12 2008, 20:25)
Video Proof

Wow! That's awesome. How'd you get that to work? Did you just replace one song, the whole radio station or several different songs? Did you need to split the files up? This would be really handy for SA:LC to have GTA3 radio stations - giving that really GTA3-feel.

I have made as have written above, that is have replaced all dj conversations with empty files, and songs on songs, only here can from numbering tracks whether from even that, it turns out that after a song there is a silence and so it is possible to wait very long, or to switch to other radio, and then back - then the following song joins

Here radio game, replaced los santos radio , can can make it without pauses
Game Radio In SA

Here still my works - can are necessary to whom
Here new trees are placed and is added subjects on a scrap
Liberty Tree + Holy Scrap

DarthTemplar
  • DarthTemplar

Hail to the King Baby

• Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

So GTAfanaticc have you managed to include the GTA3 radio stations in SA yet? Or are you focused on other things?

CrAzY_sKaTeR
  • CrAzY_sKaTeR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

Awesome mod!
I love it.
The funny thing is, that Claude speaks like CJ haha colgate.gif
Cant wait until its done inlove.gif

Therman
  • Therman

The Herman

• Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

are you able to convert anims? cause then you should convert claudes walking tounge.gif he look totally awesome when he walks cool.gif

GTAfanattic
  • GTAfanattic

• Members

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Therman @ Jan 15 2008, 20:05)
are you able to convert anims? cause then you should convert claudes walking tounge.gif he look totally awesome when he walks cool.gif

For you Therman, I have converted the walking anims. I have taken the ones from Vice City, but don't worry, as they're exactly the same as GTA3's anims, just a little easier to convert to San Andreas. It's difficult to tell, but you can sort of see in the screenshot below. I'm also using an updated Claude model in the screen below (not yet released). This one looks a little more GTA3-ish and less like CJ from San Andreas.

user posted image

Why the white bit at his belly is still there is a mystery I am yet to figure out. mercie_blink.gif

Therman
  • Therman

The Herman

• Members

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:06 PM Edited by Therman, 17 January 2008 - 07:52 PM.

GTAfanattic, you are awesome! biggrin.gif
Thank you very much! smile.gif

Edit: The only thing missing now is some retextured prison clothes tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users