user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I dunno.

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:38 PM Edited by The Unvirginiser, 06 January 2008 - 11:41 PM.

user posted image

Didn' take it but thought that it looked good

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

This thread is for pictures you take yourselff.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Goodfella. @ Jan 6 2008, 18:22)

user posted image

Holy hell, you look like a zombie there. Nice.

I wish I had a decent camera. Or money to afford one. sad.gif

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

Alright, so I have about $250 right now left over from christmas. I want to get a good zoom telephoto lens, and I have no clue what to get. maddog suggested a Sigma and I'm looking at that one currently, but if anyone has suggestions, please share. smile.gif

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:10 AM

quick people, I need an opinion, and before tuesday.

So my friendly neighborhood slinger who I'm good buds with has a brand new Panasonic DMC - FZ18 camera and he says he'd sell it to me for 100 bucks. Now from what I'm seeing online, price wise, this is a total steal for me. But I'm not sure if it is a good start off camera or what. I'd like a camera I can do things like people here seem to do, like messing with exposure times, shutter speed, etc etc. But I'm clueless as to if this camera can do these things well or even at all. blush.gif

I'm really wanting to get into photography, but don't know much about cameras yet. He showed me a nice DMC L10 he has, but he isn't selling it and that is like a grand or whatever anyways. Before he showed me this one I was wanting a Canon EOS 350D like zak has I think, but it seems price wise it is about equal to this camera. Should I snatch up this camera for this super low price while I can? Or should I put in some extra money and get something better to start off and be able to do extra stuff later down the line? Please give me some advice.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (uni @ Jan 6 2008, 19:37)
user posted image

Wow that looks amazing. Great photo wow.gif

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:36 AM

Might as well share these with the world;

user posted image , user posted image , user posted image , user posted image , and photoshopped, user posted image .

On a related note, my camera is haunted.
On another related note, my camera is for sale: speak to my manager.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:28 AM

@TOGA, this site gives great reviews on cameras, here's their's for that camera.
http://www.dcresourc...iew/index.shtml

Basically, the worst negative, imo, they posted (at the bottom) was it's not USB 2.0.
What I like about it is that it:

can take conversion lenses and filters
it's 8.1 MP's
supports RAW mode (which gives tons of control on editing w/ programs like Photoshop)
has optical (as opposed to digital) image stabilization, supports SD HC cards (which I'd suggest getting if he doesn't have one)
3fps, not bad at all
60 second to 1/2000 of a second exposures (so yes, you can do long exposures, and adjust it as you'd like in manual mode)

You can adjust the aperture in manual mode, this helps meter the light amount taken in (higher numbers = less light taken in).

Over all, i'd say it's a pretty good camera. I'm stumped by the lack of USB 2.0 connection, this doesn't seem like too old of a camera. For $100, and being a starter camera, I'd say go for it. The thing is, it's a "bridge" camera, which basically is halfway from a point and shoot to a DSLR. Meaning it has functions like a DSLR does, but it's not as customizable, and the quality might be a little less. You can shoot movies with it though, 848x480 (which is bigger than most camera's), which is a point and shoot function, so that's a plus as well. You won't be able to put on true lenses, although you can use filters and conversion lenses (which I believe multiplies the zoom range), but the camera has a range of 28mm - 504mm, which is damn good, imo. My 350D only goes to 55mm, which is the kit lens.
The best thing about it I'd say is that it can shoot in RAW format, so you can edit the files properly, that's a big plus. You'll have lots of control when editing, if you'd like to. Also, 8.1 MP's isn't anything to shake a stick at, it'll take some big pictures.

Again, for $100, if you've got the cash and it won't hurt your wallet, I'd definitely say go for it. If you don't like it or want more out of a camera, you can always get a better one. It is only $100, which isn't too much, especially when it comes to a camera (350D's are going for about $450 right now).

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

From the HSBC Arena (Buffalo, NY, USA) "House Party", during the NHL Winter Classic on Jan 1, 2008:

user posted image

user posted image

Got mom's old el-cheapo Kodak Easy Share (ugh) as a gift, but it DOES take decent pictures under the right lighting, and it's a good starter to see if I want to do anything serious with it. Gotta remember to start taking it with me when I go out.

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

user posted image

One of the many toke spots for when I'm home. I had my camera in the car so after the toke sech I brought it out.

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Brazil

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

About time I posted here.

The only reason I never did was because nearly all my good works are on my DeviantArt page. But now I have some little things that I didn't upload there:

This is a merge between two photos, it was reduced to 25% of the original size because, well, the image is THAT big, which is the reason I'm posting a link and not the image itself, it would stretch the page a bit. The story behind this is the following: the light company workers were changing the lamps of a pole on my street, so the lights went off only on my block while they were doing that. This resulted in a lack of things to do, so I took some long exposure photos, including of them doing their job (I could kinda see them from my window), but I didn't like the pictures enough. Should I post one of them here?

This one has the colors tweaked a bit, and it's not that big this time:
user posted image
Also 25% of the original.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

Very nice, I like the sunrays!

raresh_r
  • raresh_r

raresh_r

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

my best photos .. i think ...
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Jan 7 2008, 00:28)
@TOGA, this site gives great reviews on cameras, here's their's for that camera.
http://www.dcresourc...iew/index.shtml

Basically, the worst negative, imo, they posted (at the bottom) was it's not USB 2.0.
What I like about it is that it:

can take conversion lenses and filters
it's 8.1 MP's
supports RAW mode (which gives tons of control on editing w/ programs like Photoshop)
has optical (as opposed to digital) image stabilization, supports SD HC cards (which I'd suggest getting if he doesn't have one)
3fps, not bad at all
60 second to 1/2000 of a second exposures (so yes, you can do long exposures, and adjust it as you'd like in manual mode)

You can adjust the aperture in manual mode, this helps meter the light amount taken in (higher numbers = less light taken in).

Over all, i'd say it's a pretty good camera. I'm stumped by the lack of USB 2.0 connection, this doesn't seem like too old of a camera. For $100, and being a starter camera, I'd say go for it. The thing is, it's a "bridge" camera, which basically is halfway from a point and shoot to a DSLR. Meaning it has functions like a DSLR does, but it's not as customizable, and the quality might be a little less. You can shoot movies with it though, 848x480 (which is bigger than most camera's), which is a point and shoot function, so that's a plus as well. You won't be able to put on true lenses, although you can use filters and conversion lenses (which I believe multiplies the zoom range), but the camera has a range of 28mm - 504mm, which is damn good, imo. My 350D only goes to 55mm, which is the kit lens.
The best thing about it I'd say is that it can shoot in RAW format, so you can edit the files properly, that's a big plus. You'll have lots of control when editing, if you'd like to. Also, 8.1 MP's isn't anything to shake a stick at, it'll take some big pictures.

Again, for $100, if you've got the cash and it won't hurt your wallet, I'd definitely say go for it. If you don't like it or want more out of a camera, you can always get a better one. It is only $100, which isn't too much, especially when it comes to a camera (350D's are going for about $450 right now).

sweet dude. you just convinced me to buy that camera. I was reading through that site and it seems to be able to do everything I'd like to do plus more. I've got a spare 100, im going to see if the guy will take 50 now, and 50 later. I'm excited for this now. I just hope he has the box, power cord, and other sh*t it came with still...

CharisL
  • CharisL

<3 S.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

http://www.isarapix..../1199745416.jpg
http://www.isarapix..../1199745583.jpg

Just from my phone, nothing quite spectacular but I really need a camera for this sort of thing.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

@raresh, nice pictures! The first 3 would be my favorites out of those.

@Charis, nice pictures, but yes, some better equipment would help tounge.gif

Here's my first for '08, hopefully many more to come.
I went for the old, damaged photo look. Do you guys think I did it well? And do you like it?
Oh, and first attempt at a border...

user posted image

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:40 AM

man I'm so excited right now.

I called my friend, and I'm picking the camera up tomorrow

So all included it comes with;
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Camera
Strap
Case
Software - (has like 4 programs on it)
charging cable
usb cable

and he is throwing in a 2GB memory stick for it and an xbox 360 messenger kit for free.

how much am i paying? $50 tomorrow, and another $50 next payday later this month. God damn it I'm stoked. World of photography here I come!

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Jan 7 2008, 22:40)
man I'm so excited right now.

I called my friend, and I'm picking the camera up tomorrow

So all included it comes with;
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Camera
Strap
Case
Software - (has like 4 programs on it)
charging cable
usb cable

and he is throwing in a 2GB memory stick for it and an xbox 360 messenger kit for free.

how much am i paying? $50 tomorrow, and another $50 next payday later this month. God damn it I'm stoked. World of photography here I come!

Haha, congrats my friend.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

Sounds good Toga icon14.gif icon14.gif
It does come with a hood when you buy it I think, but it shouldn't be too much trouble not having it. It'd be useful for shooting in the rain or in situations where you want to block out light flashing in from the sides and stuff, but it's not necessary. Definitely a nice start camera, especially for the price. Hope it all works out well!

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Jan 7 2008, 19:47)
Sounds good Toga icon14.gif icon14.gif
It does come with a hood when you buy it I think, but it shouldn't be too much trouble not having it. It'd be useful for shooting in the rain or in situations where you want to block out light flashing in from the sides and stuff, but it's not necessary. Definitely a nice start camera, especially for the price. Hope it all works out well!

a hood? what does that look like exactly? If it was on that page you posted then I think I know what you are talking about...

If it did come with it, I'll ask him tomorrow about it. But for $50 dollars, I can't really complain right? haha.

next on my buy list, a guitar. Probably get one tomorrow too lol.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:01 AM

A hood screws over the lens and extends out. It helps block the hood from stray light, dust, rain/water/snow, etc. It's not a must have thing, and yeah for what you're getting the camera for I wouldn't complain. I'm sure you can get one on ebay for like $15-$25 if you really needed it.

disco
  • disco

science!

• The Precinct

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

abstract! wow.gif

user posted image

raresh_r
  • raresh_r

raresh_r

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

don't know from what country that guy is but i toked a photo of him and his bike. biggrin.gif i like it
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
the photo above is from the old part of the town. lots of old cool buildings to look at but my friend (the one in red) has a expensive camera and he doesn't want to go there because of the gypsies. i will go and make some photos biggrin.gif

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:10 PM Edited by [CTD]LaBan, 08 January 2008 - 04:17 PM.

I'm in the middle of the picture tounge.gif ( that can be called as photographic?)

user posted image

I made this one in spring, that was eaten by a dog:

user posted image

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

@Sagat - I LOVE the sunrays one!

@raresh - Those first few are outstanding. icon14.gif

@Picollini - Looks good; I like the scratches.

This topic is very inspiring; here's a few I took while at the Laundromat (gawd I hate the way this thing chugs batteries):

I like clouds. I have a bunch more, but those are for bringing into Antics for my skydome, and would probably bore you. But I think this one is nice.

user posted image

This is in the same area; I dig view screens in a camera - no burning retinas!

user posted image

A stumpy, yellow pole. I don't know why, but it looked interesting, all small and stumpy and yellow.

user posted image

This really says a lot about Niagara Falls. People who live here would probably get it. wink.gif

user posted image

Must get better batteries; it takes two AA's or a Kodak pack. Any suggestions?

raresh_r
  • raresh_r

raresh_r

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

@[CTD]LaBan i think the first one is called Photo Manipulation.
@ceedj i like clouds to but when is sunny biggrin.gif and the stop sign i like it. i don't understand your question :|
@all who likes to make very closeup photos ?
i like cranes smile.gif
user posted image
X marks the spot
user posted image
user posted image

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

user posted image

CharisL
  • CharisL

<3 S.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Jan 7 2008, 23:51)

@Charis, nice pictures, but yes, some better equipment would help tounge.gif

Well on a nice day it seems to wield better results:

http://www.isarapix..../1199833723.jpg
http://www.isarapix..../1199833817.jpg
http://www.isarapix..../1199834160.jpg
http://www.isarapix..../1199834270.jpg

Same phone camera, better conditions I think, Summer 07.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users