GTAF Photography Topic

3,398 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:26 AM

Well I mainly do car photos, and for that I know that a polarizer is an absolute must. And yes I'm trying to shoot in raw because I plan on editing my photos a lot. But this is the kind of look I'm going for:

29512791025_7d33348b16_b.jpg

Car photography is kind of different. Most times I get shocked and kind of have a brain fart and forget how I should capture it. I don't know, angles don't really come natural to me and it sucks. Need to practice on random cars on the street.

• Mister Pink, Alchemist, ceszayers and 1 other like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:03 PM

Also I don't have Photoshop on my computer yet so should I hold off on shooting in RAW?

Ed 
  • Ed 

Puusnofl

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • GTA Series Awards - Best Contribution 2009.
    Excellent GTAForums Contributor (carried over from misc. awards).

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:40 PM

Also I don't have Photoshop on my computer yet so should I hold off on shooting in RAW?

No, because you can still use RAWs later when you do get Photoshop. In the mean time, you can at least open them with IrfanView and a plugin (check the same site). Also, I'd highly recommend Lightroom over Photoshop for photo post-processing.

Apparently, 500px does this event called Global Photo Walk all over the world. Went to the one in Riga today. Took some shots, met some fun people.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
  • Mister Pink, Scaglietti and Alchemist like this

Michael
  • Michael

I laughed and shook his hand and made my way back home.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:09 PM Edited by Michael, 17 September 2016 - 05:09 PM.

Spoiler

I used my old canon compact camera to take pictures at a tropical greenhouse and edited the pictures with VSCO. I can't shoot in RAW though.
  • Mister Pink, Kalvin and Pavle like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

No, because you can still use RAWs later when you do get Photoshop. In the mean time, you can at least open them with IrfanView and a plugin (check the same site). Also, I'd highly recommend Lightroom over Photoshop for photo post-processing.Apparently, 500px does this event called Global Photo Walk all over the world. Went to the one in Riga today. Took some shots, met some fun people.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Thanks. Oh and I did mean Lightroom. Gotta wait til I get the funds for that.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:33 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 02 November 2016 - 12:35 AM.

30630000971_4f73e51039_b.jpg

30089816804_89ee18f815_b.jpg

• Alchemist and ceszayers like this

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Alchemist, 4 weeks ago.

Spoilering b/c they're pretty large. They were actually larger before I worked on them through PS :p

Spoiler

Please feel free to view in a new tab, it'll most likely provide a better viewing experience.
  • Mister Pink, FrikkenZz, Scaglietti and 1 other like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Scaglietti, 3 weeks ago.

So some good things. My polarizer came in a few weeks ago and it's astonishing. The difference it makes it unreal, you can twist it to where there is no affect and then twist it into full affect and it looks like a different photo. Definitely makes editing easier but also removes reflections that editing never could and gives cars that shiny look. Unfortunately I've been very picky with my shots and to make it worse, I haven't been spotting much so I haven't gotten much practice with car photograph and this camera. Every time I take a photo I feel is presentable, like once every two weeks, I edit it and ooze over it. Then I look at it a few days later and hate it and criticize it to death. This sucks for my IG page because I end up deleting the photo when I post a new one and then rinse and repeat. So I'm taking a break from IG until I have at least ten photos that I like, that might take a while unfortunately unless I have a really good spotting day.

In the mean time I have one photo and I took it yesterday. Edited it, thought it looked good but then did a completely new edit (below) and liked it better. Compliments are welcome but I really want to get some critical opinions on what should be improved with this photo:

f6FlqkD.jpg

My personal criticisms are:

- I probably should've shot it at a faster shutter speed so the hood wouldn't be so washed out and then I could up the exposure via editing later.

- I also probably should've shot at a narrower aperture, you can see the rear half of the car getting out of focus.

- Lastly I always have a problem with my angles. I can't for the life of me take a photo that I feel needs no cropping, I always end up cropping. But after tilting the car more and cropping the photo I'm not sure of the angle. I understand rule of thirds is important but with car photography, especially on IG, it's not as important imo.

Your thoughts?

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Congrats on the polarizing filter. Sounds like its really useful for you.

I dont really know what to say about the photo to be honest as im usually photographing people. What I may add its that the head room may or may not be too much. I find the lines and pattern of the windows and bit distracting. Maybe if yoy were shooting at that distance you would show more road/foreground and less store/background.

Other than that, nice photo. You seem to be paying a lot of attention to detail and that sir will get you far.
  • Scaglietti likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users