» «
Photo

GTAF Photography Topic

3,294 replies to this topic
rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by rhyn, 12 March 2013 - 10:43 PM.

A couple more street shots. The light was delicious that day.

user posted image
Waterford, 2012 by rhyn, on Flickr

user posted image
Waterford, 2012 by rhyn, on Flickr

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Pictures from my trip to Hawaii. Hope you guys like them.

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

^Looks like a gorgeous place, especially like the first photo.

Had some wicked fog this morning, of course my camera's battery died about 10 minutes after I went out but I got one keeper I think anyway.

user posted image
Misty Waterford Morning by rhyn, on Flickr

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

LCstuntman and Blitz (and all the others too), those pictures of you guys are

But then without the sarcasm tounge.gif

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Just when I thought it was going to be nice enough to shoot out... We get a blizzard watch for 2 days. Ugh sad.gif

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

user posted image

Totally random, bad quality and not even nice.
Because I can smile.gif

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:37 PM Edited by OverTheBelow, 07 April 2013 - 02:04 AM.

Random question and I didn't really know how to find an answer so I'll just ask you guys.

Which direction do you think is best to rotate the camera to get vertical FOV (in terms of physical posture)? Clockwise or anticlockwise?:
user posted image

I can't seem to figure out which way is better since both stances feel pretty uncomfortable to me.

@LCStuntman: Damn, those photos are top-notch. Nice work!

@Blitz: Those are some sweet looking shots; my favourites are the the last two. tounge.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

@blitz Those pictures are simply beautiful,

I love this one:

user posted image

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:24 AM Edited by LCstuntman, 07 April 2013 - 06:27 AM.

QUOTE (Exxon @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 05:24)
LCstuntman and Blitz (and all the others too), those pictures of you guys are

*B-E-A-Utiful*

But then without the sarcasm tounge.gif

QUOTE (OverTheBelow @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 15:37)
@LCStuntman: Damn, those photos are top-notch. Nice work!

Hahaha, thanks! biggrin.gif And I prefer clockwise for 90% of applications, since your shooting hand stays below the camera and not awkwardly above it. But if I have to get reallllly low to the ground so my camera is basically touching it (like in the only vertical pic below - I couldn't even look through the viewfinder), then I go counterclockwise. Either way is fine smile.gif

Anyways, moarr:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Just realized that almost everything I shoot is car or skateboarding related... confused.gif

Put more pics up everyone! Doesn't matter if they're with an iPhone or a $2,000 DSLR colgate.gif

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

I love this photo just because I was waiting so long for the bird to look at me and I finally got to snap a picture of it. This was in Key West, Florida.

user posted image

The following were just a few of pictures I shot at an old military cemetery in St. Augustine, Florida.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Then I just like these next two. Nothing special about them at all. haha

user posted image

user posted image

These photos are all at least one year old. I haven't touched my camera or gone out to shoot any photos in far too long. I've been so busy with school that I just haven't had time to go and find anywhere worth shooting. That is definitely gonna change soon, however, now that I'm thinking about it.

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (OverTheBelow @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:37)
Random question and I didn't really know how to find an answer so I'll just ask you guys.

Which direction do you think is best to rotate the camera to get vertical FOV (in terms of physical posture)? Clockwise or anticlockwise?:
user posted image

To the left, no stability the other way.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

Worked a night shift last night. Got off at 6am just as the sun was coming up so decided to go for a walk and grab a few pictures. The quality isn't all that great as I only took them with my phone, but I think they turned out well, especially the panorama.

Main Street and low tide.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by shoumic, 08 April 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Took this a while back in Malaysia. But I think it's fairly nice! I'll post more photo's later.

user posted image

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:06 PM Edited by OverTheBelow, 13 April 2013 - 11:36 AM.

QUOTE (Ryan @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 02:02)
Worked a night shift last night. Got off at 6am just as the sun was coming up so decided to go for a walk and grab a few pictures. The quality isn't all that great as I only took them with my phone, but I think they turned out well, especially the panorama.

Main Street and low tide.

Nice pictures. That second one looks like a pretty beautiful area. tounge.gif For some reason the first one reminds me of one of the Alderney hospital respawn in GTA4. monocle.gif

@shoumic: That's a really great shot. Nicely framed. colgate.gif

@rhyn: I dunno, I don't seem to get much stability either way to be honest.

Rescued some of my older photos fairly successfully I think:

user posted image

user posted image

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 15 April 2013 - 11:55 PM.

It's to the left. You should always be holding under your lens with your arm against you body and your palm facing upward. I always spot extras in films during press conferences holding the camera in an amateur way. That's how I know these extras are extras and not really photographers. One little detail about films that bugs me.

So when you are using your left hand to old the lens underneath, it's more intuitive to hold the grip from the top/to the left. Also if you use a grip it will be on the right and the cameras original grip will be at the top.

So, any of you that do it the other way, I'd get in the habit of doing it correctly.

Doing a big photo job right now. It's for a SmartGuide that will be on Aer Lingus.com It's nice because I'll get to travel around the country again, expenses paid. So many businesses to do.

If I'm taking a photo in a business like a cafe or bar, I'll tell people beforehand. However, I had forgot to say it to 2 guys. This asshole started saying I needed to ask him permission first blah blah. I had been working all morning and the woman in the cafe had been telling customers what we were doing except these guys. I was very accommodating and deleted the photos and he still kept yapping on like a real stuck up c*nt. It was a cafe at lunch time. I was taking a wide shot of the cafe from the inside. I don't mind people wanting their privacy, I respect that but to give out to me when I was being very helpful and apologetic and empathetic to him. What a c*nt. I hate people like him. His attitude stank.

EDIT: A photo to illustrate what I was talking about..
user posted image

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 23:50)
Doing a big photo job right now. It's for a SmartGuide that will be on Aer Lingus.com It's nice because I'll get to travel around the country again, expenses paid. So many businesses to do.

Congrats man, sounds like a sweet gig. I need to do some travelling soon, I'm going a bit mad stuck here.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 15:50)
So, any of you that do it the other way, I'd get in the habit of doing it correctly.

I understand and respect your opinion, but why are rules necessary for an artistic hobby? Guidelines are fine, but when it starts becoming "correct" and "incorrect" is when it gets... less independent.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 21:35)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 15:50)

I understand and respect your opinion, but why are rules necessary for an artistic hobby? Guidelines are fine, but when it starts becoming "correct" and "incorrect" is when it gets... less independent.

It's not a rule, it's proper technique. Same way holding a body at the sides like a P&S is incorrect technique for shooting with a (D)SLR. Trigger finger on the right side of the body, left hand supporting the bottom/lens.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 17:50)
It's to the left. You should always be holding under your lens with your arm against you body and your palm facing upward. I always spot extras in films during press conferences holding the camera in an amateur way. That's how I know these extras are extras and not really photographers. One little detail about films that bugs me.

So when you are using your left hand to old the lens underneath, it's more intuitive to hold the grip from the top/to the left. Also if you use a grip it will be on the right and the cameras original grip will be at the top.

If I'm taking a photo in a business like a cafe or bar, I'll tell people beforehand. However, I had forgot to say it to 2 guys. This asshole started saying I needed to ask him permission first blah blah. I had been working all morning and the woman in the cafe had been telling customers what we were doing except these guys. I was very accommodating and deleted the photos and he still kept yapping on like a real stuck up c*nt. It was a cafe at lunch time. I was taking a wide shot of the cafe from the inside. I don't mind people wanting their privacy, I respect that but to give out to me when I was being very helpful and apologetic and empathetic to him. What a c*nt. I hate people like him. His attitude stank.

EDIT: A photo to illustrate what I was talking about..
user posted image

Damn, I'd like to get a gig like that biggrin.gif can you link to anything of yours that has been used?

I'm craving more gear again. :S I'll need a standard zoom for a big trip next month and of course I want to go all out with the 24-70 2.8 II... so spendy though. Anyone want to buy a Canon mount Tokina 11-16? biggrin.gif

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by VF94, 18 April 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Well here is my contribution,do keep in mind that I use a point and shoot and my photography skills are not exactly top notch.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

@rhyn: You are always welcome up here in Dublin man. Unfortunately I can't offer a bed but I can show you around all the sweet spots to shoot, some more hidden and off the track. Let me know if you ever decide to buzz up.

@LCstuntman: Hey man, thanks for your reply. To add what my man Kajun said, the tried and tested way is that your arm/inside of wrist should be tight against your chest and your palm facing up and stabilising the lenses for maximum stability without a tripod. It's almost impossible to do this if you turn the camera the other way - the camera isn't designed to be used that way. Not saying you can't, I have in the past but it's proven and adopted in the photography world, professionally and recreationally as the best practice. I'm all for breaking "rules" when it's right wink.gif

@Nah Tso Gud: I'm in the process of building a web-page and my 7D is broke sad.gif Saving for a Mark III or Mark II. So my photos aren't up to date and I'd consider a lot of them old as I didn't update my flickr so regularly. When my site is done, I'll post it here.

Most published thing I did was for a film called Charlie Casanova. It's premiered in the SWSX festival in Texas.

user posted image

http://www.flickr.com/photos

@VF94: That place looks amazing. Really spooky. Can you post more about the place?

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by VF94, 19 April 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Those shots are from several places.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 11:06)
@rhyn: You are always welcome up here in Dublin man. Unfortunately I can't offer a bed but I can show you around all the sweet spots to shoot, some more hidden and off the track. Let me know if you ever decide to buzz up.

Awesome man, thanks! Might just take you up on that smile.gif

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Took some shots of my new phone, wish they had come out better. Really wanted to snap some photos but I just couldn't get into it. Have a trip to Mont Tremblant in May, hopefully I'll get some nice nature shots between lounging in the hot tub and drinking my face off.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

^ Damnit! Stop making me want to replace my Nexus 4 so prematurely! wink.gif

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

That's how you forget about a topic. When I took the Aston down from England, I also took some pictures around Gaydon, wrote the story send it to my friends magazine (I think the biggest sports-car mag in Poland)

clicky: http://i.imgur.com/CAGBF2X.jpg

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Nice DOF on thos phone shots.

Anyone using Photoshop CS6? Wow. It's a big leap from CS5. The ND filter option is amazing. Bringing highlights down in RAW is powerful. Blur tool doesn't take long to apply. Or maybe it's the newer machine I'm using.

Here's the new oil paint feature. Just messing around but it looks cool.

user posted image

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 10:55)
Nice DOF on thos phone shots.

Anyone using Photoshop CS6? Wow. It's a big leap from CS5. The ND filter option is amazing. Bringing highlights down in RAW is powerful. Blur tool doesn't take long to apply. Or maybe it's the newer machine I'm using.

Here's the new oil paint feature. Just messing around but it looks cool.

[IMG]http://i41.photobuck...zps600c64d2.jpg[IMG]

Yeah I've had CS6 for a while now. Lens blur still takes a few seconds for me on large portions of 18MP photos, not sure if that's better than you would usually get on other versions? I can't really remember anything that amazed me when I first started using CS6 these days. CS5 is a vague memory now, so it's difficult to compare.

That picture looks like a video game with the effect. tounge.gif

--

This picture was ruined a bit by the reflection of the sun in the double-glazed window I think, but meh:

user posted image

ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Went up lake windermere on Saturday, here are my favorite snaps.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Finally got relatively nice out around here for a bit, got the speedlight and Alien Bee out ( should have been 2 ABs but forgot the trigger cord, DOH ). There wasn't much planning to this shot, just walked outside my buddies apartment between rain showers and shot a few frames.. Thought this one turned out OK, I would have liked to work around with the shot a bit more but wasn't able to this time.

user posted image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users