Photography Forum?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic
Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:16 PM Edited by 40ozFreak, 11 January 2008 - 04:16 AM.

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Jan 10 2008, 12:31)
gtaf is about gta releated stuff...

I think gtanet crew should launch new website about general chat, hobby, help and such things...

...why? After five years here, this is what you think they should do? mercie_blink.gif

Vin.
  • Vin.

RD loves me.

• The Connection

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Jan 11 2008, 05:31)
you will get more comments on deviantart dot com and simply post a link to the photo in photography topic that we  already have

gtaf is about gta releated stuff...

I think gtanet crew should launch new website about general chat, hobby, help and such things...

GTAF has GTA specific forums dedicated to GTA. The Community forums are there for a reason. Something to do when the GTA sections don't interest you. We all came here for GTA, however a lot of people stay for reasons other than GTA itself.

Ninja Edit- GTA was said a lot in this post.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:45 AM

I suppose renaming the GFX section to Visual Arts and Design or something like that would work fine.
The thing is, photography isn't necessarily Graphics, so it'd be odd to include it in there (and why the topic probably isn't in there already). If you leave it at something like "Visual Arts and Design Discussion" then it'd be open to graphics design as well as photography and film.

Buuut, the way things are going, it's looking like the staff isn't going to do much about this. sleepy.gif

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:41 AM

I think a film and photopgraphy sub-forum would make sense. Im sure there are lots of amateur film makers scattered around the forum.

Also, i think that there would be a lot of topics discussed among regulars from the photo thread. Its not such bad idea, i can see it taking off to some extent.

disco
  • disco

science!

• The Precinct

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:19 AM Edited by disco, 11 January 2008 - 10:22 AM.

Why is photography being linked with film-making?
Photography probably has more to do with graphics than it does with film-making.

As mentioned a few times, GFX should be renamed to something like;
  • Visual Arts.
  • The Arts.
  • Critques Lounge.
Then all art (digital and none digital), photography, film-making and music compositions would be under one roof, thus making a nice busy forum.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

That makes more sense really, considering GFX isn't actually very active (one post today, 14 hours into the day).

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (disco @ Jan 11 2008, 10:19)
Why is photography being linked with film-making?
Photography probably has more to do with graphics than it does with film-making.

As mentioned a few times, GFX should be renamed to something like;

• Visual Arts.
  • The Arts.
  • Critques Lounge.
Then all art (digital and none digital), photography, film-making and music compositions would be under one roof, thus making a nice busy forum.

A "visual arts" sub-forum sounds more appropriate actually. Much better than just "film and photography".

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

And maybe merge the gfx requests into it as well.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

I definitely think there should be only one forum. There's not enough activity for multiple subsections.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (uni @ Jan 11 2008, 12:04)
And maybe merge the gfx requests into it as well.

Meh, the only problem with that is that unlike GFX Discussion, the Req/tut forum is fairly busy. The topics on the first page are from the last two weeks instead of having topics more than a month old.

That, and I personally like the idea of being able to go into discussion when you want to look at things, and req/tut only when you actually feel like trying to fill something. Having to sift through all the req topics to find the others would suck IMO.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

GFX requests should remain as-is, same name and all as nobody really want to request photographs for films.

So a simple title/description change and it's done.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, Visual Arts sub forum does sound like the best option. Makes sense, as many different arts could make it's way in there.

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:51 AM

Photography is an art(expression if you will) just like painting, writing, bad sigs, ect...
That is assuming that some time is spent in it. If you ask me, photography should be under Graphics. Take a quick gander at the photography section on deviant art(or other top sites) and tell me that there is no graphic desing concepts going on in those shots.

If any of that rambling makes sense yay.
If not, just put your photography in the GFX section.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

This topic is getting as popular as the main photo topic haha. We should hear something soon, atleast....

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

Nice to see the change from, gfx discussion to visual arts. smile.gif

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

This is now officially resolved. If you want something more, better start a PAC. orly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users