• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

Cheats will diminish your "criminal ranking". smile.gif

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:07 PM

And makes the mission Madd dogg, un-passable. Which means you won't be able to save him in time

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Stink_Fist @ Dec 28 2007, 17:07)
And makes the mission Madd dogg, un-passable. Which means you won't be able to save him in time

Only ONE cheat will do that..peds riot.

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 28 2007, 23:26)

No, and if you use over 500 cheats before you get to that mission it will also fail it.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Stink_Fist @ Dec 29 2007, 06:29)

No, and if you use over 500 cheats before you get to that mission it will also fail it.

This is false. The number of cheats that you use has no effect on any mission and does not cause any glitch. It depends on which cheat you have used.

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:02 AM

Yeah cheats can f*ck up your disc but not always. It's not worth the risk. You can try having 2 saves, one for cheats

The Night Fox
  • The Night Fox

I can resist everything but temptation

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 29 2007, 09:02)
Yeah cheats can f*ck up your disc but not always. It's not worth the risk. You can try having 2 saves, one for cheats

you, as always, are right, Cheats do mess up the game, they down the player's stats and can make the game crash. cool.gif

Naseem Srour
  • Naseem Srour

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:21 PM

GTA IV FAN , if you completed the game with cheats .. then now, start from the beginning and complete the game without cheats, and you'll feel the diffirence. Cheats make the game very easy, and maybe they'll crash your game like bagga rabbit , The Night Fox and Stink_Fist said. So don't use cheats, unless you do what I do : I play my completed 100% save game, and I use cheats, BUT, I don't save the game.

GTA VLSA
  • GTA VLSA

Busta, Straight Busta!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Dec 29 2007, 03:05)
QUOTE (Stink_Fist @ Dec 29 2007, 06:29)

This is false. The number of cheats that you use has no effect on any mission and does not cause any glitch. It depends on which cheat you have used.

This is only true for the PC version and a few others. Mine, the peds riot cheat does nothing. It's 500 or more that mess up the game. confused.gif

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (GTA VLSA @ Dec 30 2007, 15:42)
It's 500 or more that mess up the game. confused.gif

Tell us..what happened to YOUR game when you used 500 cheats? Which console was it on?

Naseem Srour
  • Naseem Srour

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (GTA VLSA Posted on Dec 30 2007 @ 20:42 )
Mine, the peds riot cheat does nothing

The peds riot cheat effect in the mission Madd dogg.

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Naseem Srour @ Dec 30 2007, 22:02)
QUOTE (GTA VLSA Posted on Dec 30 2007 @ 20:42 )
Mine, the peds riot cheat does nothing

The peds riot cheat effect in the mission Madd dogg.

And "Burning desire"

AceOfDeath666
  • AceOfDeath666

That's What SHE Said!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:00 PM

on my game (PS2) if i enter 500+ cheats i can't beat the mission

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (AceOfDeath666 @ Dec 30 2007, 23:00)
on my game (PS2) if i enter 500+ cheats i can't beat the mission

That's not true.
Only if you enter the "Peds Riot" cheat, you can't beat mission "Burning Desire" and "Madd Dog"

AceOfDeath666
  • AceOfDeath666

That's What SHE Said!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

i entered it while messing aroudn and then i de-entered it and i stil passed the mission

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

Think :
i entered it while messing aroudn and then i de-entered it and i stil passed the mission

Does the word de-entered ring any bells ?

AceOfDeath666
  • AceOfDeath666

That's What SHE Said!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:20 PM

i mean that i took off the code's effects

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (AceOfDeath666 @ Dec 30 2007, 17:20)

Still counts as a cheat in the stats though.

Naseem Srour
  • Naseem Srour

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (AceOfDeath666 @ Dec 30 2007, 22:20)

Some cheats can be decactivited, but not the riot cheat. And it doesn't matter if you are on PS2 or PC.

spursfan111
  • spursfan111

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

yeah cheats are bad i never ever use them.

ever

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:12 PM

I tried to cause the Madd Dogg glitch with the Peds Riot cheat code , but it doesn't work. If someone is aware of any other permanent affects of the Ped Riot cheat, please let me know, but I suspect this code might be safe. At least, I'm sure it's not causing the Madd Dogg Glitch, but it might do something else; who knows.

The cheat code that causes all the problem with the missions Burning Desire, Tanker Commander, Madd Dogg, and possibly others, is Peds Attack Each Other. You can get immediate cause and effect for this one. Start the mission - everything is fine. Reload, enter the cheat, save/restart/reload, and before you even start the Madd Dogg mission you may notice that the vendors from the nearby carts have started beating on each other or other peds in the area. The peds that have their behavior altered are: CIVMALE, CIVFEMALE, DEALER, MEDIC, FIREMAN, and BUM (not seen in a normal game). We just figured this last part out last night, so I haven't had a chance to look around to see if I can find these peds running amok in various parts of the map. This information was identified by examining the differences between the records in the ped acquaintance block of the save file before and after the cheat was used. All other changes were ignored.

Saved Effects of the Peds Attack Each Other Cheat AJLOJYQY
  • Burning Desire - Denise runs off and fights with peds in the areas instead of entering her house at the end of the mission.
  • Tanker Commander - not sure: something about shooting the peds in the shop, maybe.
  • Madd Dogg - Madd Dogg jumps to his death before CJ can do anything to stop it.
  • Food Vendors fight with anyone (?) they see.

If any skill observers would care to take look around with this new information in mind I would appreciate the feedback. Also, it would be helpful if people could identify any other missions that are influenced by ped cheats. There remains the possibility that other ped behavior cheats can cause similar problems, but I haven't tried a survey of the cheats to see which ones cause permanent damage. If anyone can isolate other ped cheats that cause similar problems, please let me know.

GTA VLSA
  • GTA VLSA

Busta, Straight Busta!

• Members

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Dec 31 2007, 17:12)
I tried to cause the Madd Dogg glitch with the Peds Riot cheat code , but it doesn't work. If someone is aware of any other permanent affects of the Ped Riot cheat, please let me know, but I suspect this code might be safe. At least, I'm sure it's not causing the Madd Dogg Glitch, but it might do something else; who knows.

The cheat code that causes all the problem with the missions Burning Desire, Tanker Commander, Madd Dogg, and possibly others, is Peds Attack Each Other. You can get immediate cause and effect for this one. Start the mission - everything is fine. Reload, enter the cheat, save/restart/reload, and before you even start the Madd Dogg mission you may notice that the vendors from the nearby carts have started beating on each other or other peds in the area. The peds that have their behavior altered are: CIVMALE, CIVFEMALE, DEALER, MEDIC, FIREMAN, and BUM (not seen in a normal game). We just figured this last part out last night, so I haven't had a chance to look around to see if I can find these peds running amok in various parts of the map. This information was identified by examining the differences between the records in the ped acquaintance block of the save file before and after the cheat was used. All other changes were ignored.

Saved Effects of the Peds Attack Each Other Cheat AJLOJYQY
  • Burning Desire - Denise runs off and fights with peds in the areas instead of entering her house at the end of the mission.
  • Tanker Commander - not sure: something about shooting the peds in the shop, maybe.
  • Madd Dogg - Madd Dogg jumps to his death before CJ can do anything to stop it.
  • Food Vendors fight with anyone (?) they see.

If any skill observers would care to take look around with this new information in mind I would appreciate the feedback. Also, it would be helpful if people could identify any other missions that are influenced by ped cheats. There remains the possibility that other ped behavior cheats can cause similar problems, but I haven't tried a survey of the cheats to see which ones cause permanent damage. If anyone can isolate other ped cheats that cause similar problems, please let me know.

You need to specify which version of the game is affected by the peds riot cheat, some versions that cheat does affect all those missions, and other versions that cheat does absolutely nothing to any missions. The PC version i think is the only one that has the peds riot cheat affect those missions, because the PS2 version has a cheat limit before it affects your savegame to where you must make a new savefile.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:38 PM

OrionSR use's version 1 of San Andreas.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (GTA VLSA @ Dec 30 2007, 20:42)

I have 2560 and I don't have the game messed up.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (SA BMX 32 @ Dec 31 2007, 15:44)
QUOTE (GTA VLSA @ Dec 30 2007, 20:42)

I have 2560 and I don't have the game messed up.

Thanks SA BMX 32, I'm glad that distraction got shot down right away. I'm willing to take your testimony as very strong evidence that the cheat count rumor is spread by players who do not know how to conduct a proper glitch investigation. I suggest any discussion of the matter be taken someplace where it can be ignored.

At this point I have no reason to suspect that the game version makes any difference. These glitches have been consistently reported by players for as long as I can remember. The main difference here is I'm being very specific about the cause and effect. Enter the cheat listed above and the missions specified will have the familiar problems. Also, I suspect people can test for this glitch on any save by observing the behavior of the food vendors. Possibly other misbehaving peds will be discovered since we know the peds that are effected.

But to be fair to the question of versions, please report your version if you can enter the Peds Attack Each Other cheat without the observed effects being saved in the gamesave.

Actually, I suspect it is more likely that similar cheats cause similar damage.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:53 AM

Example, that cheats you said Orion, Peds Riot, ect. can corrupt your data and the version doesn't matter, just don't scare to cheat, just don't put the Riot cheat, the people with weapons cheat and the Have a Bounty on your head cheat, that's it. It is so difficult to don't use that cheats and use others?
Is easy, it isn't? It is, I know it, I even don't like that 3 cheats. So I don't put them, and if you like them, don't put them at the same!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users