Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage

187 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Is the chance of losing impounded aircrafts greatly reduced if you store only two aircrafts in the impound? I have wanted to store a Raindance as a third aircraft in the SF impound, but I consider not doing it.

About the immunity I mentioned above, I think here is where I got it from:
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Tuesday, Mar 25 2008, 03:59)
Found it. Here are my notes on the vehicles which appear to be immune from the discard radius.

I checked quite a few vehicles hoping to find something useful that wouldn't vanish too quickly - like the Vortex. The best vehicle I could find was the firetruck; the SA version with the hose, not the ladder version. The Ambulance also didn't vanish when CJ didn't watch it. Other than that, just aircraft. I didn't try everything but I came pretty close. I definitely covered all the vehicle classes and couldn't find a reliable pattern. I also tried everything unusual, and everything I like, just to be sure. No luck.

QUOTE (pomor @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2008, 15:17)
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jan 22 2008, 08:08)
I know the Maverick, Rustler and Seasparrow can be towed, but haven't experimented much with other aircraft.

Hydra can be towed by Towtruck, but not by Tractor.

That's an old claim, but I want to remove any doubt. Hydra can indeed be towed by Tractor, I have done it from The Panopticon to Ocean Docks many times and it works well enough.

QUOTE (UbErPwNaGe @ Sunday, Jan 1 2012, 21:30)
i went to do that with a car i went to put a car mannually in it but instead my cam glitched and it never turned when i reversed and in the delete radii and the car i was in vanished so i was driving an invisible car. sereously. it was a car with NO body or NO wheels. and when i pressed enter (to get out) my game crashed!  square    circle    triangle    X    square    circle    triangle    triangle    R1    R2    R1    L2    L1    right    down    select    up    L1

What button code is that? Is it a cheat or what is it supposed to do? I have tried it two times and it seems to do nothing. It's the first time I've seen SELECT used in a code.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Well there is the having just 2 vehicles stored in the impound factor that they shouldn't be replaced for example when you use an exploit to impound a vehicle, ex. the broadway at the gas station in LS. but other than that I don't believe it would influence the how they are randomly replaced by cars as that is mainly caused by the not looking at the right spot when entering and exiting the impounds, but then again I can be wrong.
About the code I have no idea sorry Playstation cheats are not my strong I only know a few by memory for the PC, and even those sometimes I forget them biggrin.gif tounge2.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 14:59)
OrionSR, was it you who said that it is possible to have a look above the ceiling with a Jetpack? I spawned a Jetpack but I don't find a way to the hidden interior.

There's probably a more efficient way to do this, but here's what worked in a quick test.

Travel to the ranch side of car the bridge from Fort Carson. Spawn a jetpack and use it to enter the soft spot to gray hell under the road. Head towards the SF runway and travel into SF (a direct route was a bit too deep and respawned CJ back on the nearest road), then approach the SF impound garage.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

A better option would the roof arc just N of Zero's shop, you can even put a helicopter through there.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

You can use the driving school to impound the AT-400, just park the plane in the large lot around the back and go in. Unfortunately, it may require the vehicle of death cheat, as when I tried to land the jet in the lot the first time, it hit a pole and blew up.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by OG Viking, 29 August 2013 - 03:00 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Mar 29 2008, 11:21)
Okay. I think I finally figured out what the problem could be. Phreak mentioned he had "jacked" the News Chopper but the impound wouldn't take it. It appears to had "mission" properties and can't be towed or impounded until stored in a garage or possibly painted. I couldn't figure out why the jacked choppers were mission related.

The News Choppers, Police Mavericks, and Hydra, Firetrucks, and Ambulances are in response to the wanted level, fires, or injuries. These appear to be triggered by something in the executable, so mission related, but not in the main script. I guess that make sense. To methods used to collect bulletproof vehicles, perhaps destroying it by dunking, might be successful at removing the mission status.

When you say it can't be impounded before it has been stored in a normal garage, is that because you can't tow it, and because the pimping mission won't auto-impound it? I don't depend on any of those methods because I use a car and push the helicopter down to the impound garage. Shouldn't the impound garage accept the "mission flagged" PolMav when I manage to get it inside? I have some problems, but before I work more on finding a solution I would like to know if I'm trying something impossible. My problems could be related to limited RAM on PS2.

I think the "mission" properties for Firetrucks and Ambulances must be different, because I can tow those without storing them in a garage first. I have tested towing on vehicles responding to emergency situations.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 03:57)
When you say it can't be impounded before it has been stored in a normal garage, is that because you can't tow it, and because the pimping mission won't auto-impound it?

Both!

Pushing it directly into the impound garage will store and normalize it.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Bumping due to a new discovery. If you enter and leave the LSPD headquarters in Pershing Square, you can prevent random spawns from spawning in the impound lot. This is especially handy for impounding just a single vehicle in the LSPD garage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users