Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage

216 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Hustler

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Is the chance of losing impounded aircrafts greatly reduced if you store only two aircrafts in the impound? I have wanted to store a Raindance as a third aircraft in the SF impound, but I consider not doing it.

About the immunity I mentioned above, I think here is where I got it from:
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Tuesday, Mar 25 2008, 03:59)
Found it. Here are my notes on the vehicles which appear to be immune from the discard radius.

I checked quite a few vehicles hoping to find something useful that wouldn't vanish too quickly - like the Vortex. The best vehicle I could find was the firetruck; the SA version with the hose, not the ladder version. The Ambulance also didn't vanish when CJ didn't watch it. Other than that, just aircraft. I didn't try everything but I came pretty close. I definitely covered all the vehicle classes and couldn't find a reliable pattern. I also tried everything unusual, and everything I like, just to be sure. No luck.

QUOTE (pomor @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2008, 15:17)
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jan 22 2008, 08:08)
I know the Maverick, Rustler and Seasparrow can be towed, but haven't experimented much with other aircraft.

Hydra can be towed by Towtruck, but not by Tractor.

That's an old claim, but I want to remove any doubt. Hydra can indeed be towed by Tractor, I have done it from The Panopticon to Ocean Docks many times and it works well enough.

QUOTE (UbErPwNaGe @ Sunday, Jan 1 2012, 21:30)
i went to do that with a car i went to put a car mannually in it but instead my cam glitched and it never turned when i reversed and in the delete radii and the car i was in vanished so i was driving an invisible car. sereously. it was a car with NO body or NO wheels. and when i pressed enter (to get out) my game crashed!  square    circle    triangle    X    square    circle    triangle    triangle    R1    R2    R1    L2    L1    right    down    select    up    L1

What button code is that? Is it a cheat or what is it supposed to do? I have tried it two times and it seems to do nothing. It's the first time I've seen SELECT used in a code.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Well there is the having just 2 vehicles stored in the impound factor that they shouldn't be replaced for example when you use an exploit to impound a vehicle, ex. the broadway at the gas station in LS. but other than that I don't believe it would influence the how they are randomly replaced by cars as that is mainly caused by the not looking at the right spot when entering and exiting the impounds, but then again I can be wrong.
About the code I have no idea sorry Playstation cheats are not my strong I only know a few by memory for the PC, and even those sometimes I forget them biggrin.gif tounge2.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 14:59)
OrionSR, was it you who said that it is possible to have a look above the ceiling with a Jetpack? I spawned a Jetpack but I don't find a way to the hidden interior.

There's probably a more efficient way to do this, but here's what worked in a quick test.

Travel to the ranch side of car the bridge from Fort Carson. Spawn a jetpack and use it to enter the soft spot to gray hell under the road. Head towards the SF runway and travel into SF (a direct route was a bit too deep and respawned CJ back on the nearest road), then approach the SF impound garage.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

A better option would the roof arc just N of Zero's shop, you can even put a helicopter through there.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

You can use the driving school to impound the AT-400, just park the plane in the large lot around the back and go in. Unfortunately, it may require the vehicle of death cheat, as when I tried to land the jet in the lot the first time, it hit a pole and blew up.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Hustler

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by OG Viking, 29 August 2013 - 03:00 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Mar 29 2008, 11:21)
Okay. I think I finally figured out what the problem could be. Phreak mentioned he had "jacked" the News Chopper but the impound wouldn't take it. It appears to had "mission" properties and can't be towed or impounded until stored in a garage or possibly painted. I couldn't figure out why the jacked choppers were mission related.

The News Choppers, Police Mavericks, and Hydra, Firetrucks, and Ambulances are in response to the wanted level, fires, or injuries. These appear to be triggered by something in the executable, so mission related, but not in the main script. I guess that make sense. To methods used to collect bulletproof vehicles, perhaps destroying it by dunking, might be successful at removing the mission status.

When you say it can't be impounded before it has been stored in a normal garage, is that because you can't tow it, and because the pimping mission won't auto-impound it? I don't depend on any of those methods because I use a car and push the helicopter down to the impound garage. Shouldn't the impound garage accept the "mission flagged" PolMav when I manage to get it inside? I have some problems, but before I work more on finding a solution I would like to know if I'm trying something impossible. My problems could be related to limited RAM on PS2.

I think the "mission" properties for Firetrucks and Ambulances must be different, because I can tow those without storing them in a garage first. I have tested towing on vehicles responding to emergency situations.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 03:57)
When you say it can't be impounded before it has been stored in a normal garage, is that because you can't tow it, and because the pimping mission won't auto-impound it?

Both!

Pushing it directly into the impound garage will store and normalize it.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Bumping due to a new discovery. If you enter and leave the LSPD headquarters in Pershing Square, you can prevent random spawns from spawning in the impound lot. This is especially handy for impounding just a single vehicle in the LSPD garage.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Hustler

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:14 AM Edited by OG Viking, 11 February 2015 - 01:53 PM.

About impounding of vehicles, does it happen while in a mission? I begin to worry that random impounding might perhaps happen after storing an aircrafts in the impounds. I don't think it have happened to me yet, but I would like to have some idea about how big the risk is, if I change cars and leave one behind. I'm usually in the Gray Imports mission when I store the aircrafts.

Anyone remember where this thread originated from, what the parent topic was? Looking at the first post in this thread (by ThatSpecialSomeone), I get the impression that it was not the first post. My memory may play tricks on me, but I think I remember a thread about both early Hydra and early Rustler.
Edit: This post has been moved from "Getting the HYDRA early" so the first post I spoke of is in that thread.

_Douglas_
  • _Douglas_

Douglas

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

Yes, for example, in the Small Town Bank mission, as soon as you enter the red marker at the bank, the vehicle that CJ was driving will be impounded. It happened to me(replaced my BP Tanker in the LS impound). I had to replay the mission, this time i ditched the car in the water before entering the red marker to avoid it being impounded again. My advice is, if you are playing the LS strand of missions , keep your vehicles in the SF impound, if you are at the SF strand, keep your vehicles at the LS/LV impound, etc. That way you should be safe. When i unlocked SF i moved my EP/FP planes from the SF impound to the Hashbury garage. After working so hard to obtain those planes, i could not risk losing them :p

If i remember right, this thread originated from the old Master Save discussion topic.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:41 AM Edited by fnxrak, 10 February 2015 - 01:41 AM.

There are a few missions in San Fierro that impound vehicles, from memory I remeber "Test Drive" and Some of the Driving School challenges and the Boat school challenges, what I did was just keeping a minimal vehicles on the SF impound when doing those missions, ex: I kept the hydra inside the impound and took the rustler to Doherty, as for the Leviathan I took it to LS impound which has proven to be a mistake as it can no longer be usable (gets stuck on the walls of the impound) but I had to loose some vehicle due to garage space so it wasn't too bad and to be honest it's not one of my favourite vehicles, if it had the magnet it would be awesome, since it doesn't for me it's just a bigass helicopter without much maneuverability.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

Ditching in the water might help the vehicle get discarded more quickly, but in general it is not a reliable way to get rid of it as one of CJ's previous vehicles. The distance probably helped more than anything else.

Impounding is done almost exclusively by missions. The exceptions I can think of are the LV carpark which is more of a thread than a mission but same thing really, and putting a vehicle directly into the impound zone which is more of an engine routine.

Most of the mission generated vehicles are immune from being impounded for the duration of the mission - so no special or proofed vehicles get accidentally impounded; I've checked. So it's the stuff CJ brings to or finds during the mission that are the greatest concern.

Most of the clear area commands cover a very small radius of maybe 3 to 30 meters surround a place where a cut-scene or mission staging will occur. Beyond that, you'll need to rely on the experience of other players for which missions present a particular concern, or learn to read the scripts.

Missions with a very large clear area radius, like triathlons (the entire map), schools (200-400 meters, iirc), and Trucking (impounds to LS) have presented some players with a lot of difficulty. Even if CJ has never entered a vehicle there's a reasonably good change that random traffic, police pursuit cars, or vehicles spawned by car generators will get impounded. Sometime two vehicles get impounded at the same time. You might be better off bringing a special vehicle for the mission if you know it's going to get impounded.

• OG Viking likes this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Hustler

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:04 AM Edited by OG Viking, 11 February 2015 - 02:42 PM.

Yes, for example, in the Small Town Bank mission, as soon as you enter the red marker at the bank, the vehicle that CJ was driving will be impounded. It happened to me(replaced my BP Tanker in the LS impound). I had to replay the mission, this time i ditched the car in the water before entering the red marker to avoid it being impounded again. My advice is, if you are playing the LS strand of missions , keep your vehicles in the SF impound, if you are at the SF strand, keep your vehicles at the LS/LV impound, etc. That way you should be safe. When i unlocked SF i moved my EP/FP planes from the SF impound to the Hashbury garage. After working so hard to obtain those planes, i could not risk losing them :p

The LV impound never cause problems as long as you get a vehicle through the doors? It's been so long I'm not sure I recall correctly.
What I do remember is that the SF impound have problems with bikes, and fnxrak just reminded me that the LS impound have problems with the Leviathan.

If i remember right, this thread originated from the old Master Save discussion topic.

So that's where we came from. Possibly this thread once had a subtitle that included other aircrafts than Hydra, before the forum software change.
EDIT: Talking about the "Getting the HYDRA early" thread where this post has been moved from.

There are a few missions in San Fierro that impound vehicles, from memory I remeber "Test Drive" and Some of the Driving School challenges and the Boat school challenges, what I did was just keeping a minimal vehicles on the SF impound when doing those missions, ex: I kept the hydra inside the impound and took the rustler to Doherty, as for the Leviathan I took it to LS impound which has proven to be a mistake as it can no longer be usable (gets stuck on the walls of the impound) but I had to loose some vehicle due to garage space so it wasn't too bad and to be honest it's not one of my favourite vehicles, if it had the magnet it would be awesome, since it doesn't for me it's just a bigass helicopter without much maneuverability.

I know that starting a mission, and probably entering red markers inside a mission carries a big risk, but if a nearby vehicle suddenly is gone you'll likely notice it. It's worse if a vehicle gets "stealth" impounded when you're not near it.
My concern now was impounding while you "free-roam" during a mission, like when you leave the mission (not ending the mission, just leaving your mission task) to arrange or shift stored vehicles. If I abandon a non-mission vehicle somewhere, say during High Stakes Low Rider or Gray Imports, I don't risk it being impounded when I've moved far away right? When the game needs to free up memory to allow new vehicles, it always deletes old unused vehicles from memory without impounding it, this I what I think but I'm not sure.

I was about to ask if the biggest helicopters are too tall for the LS impound, but I see the problem is rather that they're too long, not too tall. That garage is rather short, and the pillar isn't helping. I'm not so interested in a Leviathan, but I do consider a Raindance. Is it too big for LS?

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:53 PM Edited by Militia, 10 February 2015 - 12:56 PM.

Hats off to you guys using Impounds and storing Vehicles.  Take me and _Douglas_ for instance.  His total playing time is OVER 100+ hours when he finished to 100%.  As for me, mine is just over 50 hours.  Where did the extra 50 hours come from?  Two things:  Doing Oysters and certain tedious tasks EARLY while being wanted AND storing those Vehicles in the Impound and running to the mission markers on foot, etc, etc, etc....All that adds up and takes SO much more time.

I'd never want to use the Impounds, not in a million years.  At best, the only thing I'd do differently if I ever did another playthrough, would be to get a Sea Sparrow early and make it EP/FP and store it on the roof of Mulholland.  I'd also get some others like an EP/FP NRG-500, etc, etc...But I'd never go for any Planes/Helicopters to put into Impounds...

Like fnxrak said about the Leviathan....Why does people want this and to make it EP/FP?  To me, like fnxrak already stated, it's just a big bulky Helicopter that has terrible maneuverability.

Want to know something funny?  I don't even know what a Rustler is.  Never seen one in SA....Ever!  Raindance?  What's that?  I literally never saw any of these Helicopters or Planes in SA.  I never used to be a fan of flying and doing things like that in SA, but this topic surely shed some light onto what people are after to convert to EP/FP and Idk what half of them even are or what they look like :p :p

• OG Viking likes this

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

I like making the NRG-500 EP/FP. Fun to ride. Fun to blast others. ;)

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

I can get a FP NRG-500 from a Race, and a FP BF-400, but it's not the same as a EP/FP NRG-500 and EP/FP/EC/Mutant BF-400.

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Rat

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:39 PM

Fnxrak; I have a guide especially made for storing and impounding aircrafts. The Leviathan got a special feature, besides being large and durable; it can land on water. In my game the Leviathan is a MUST :)
And yes , LS is the only impound that doesn't work well with the Leviathan. You can FORCE the back part of the Leviathan out of the wall in the impound zone and then tow it , no problem. The problem is you can't get the Leviathan in and out of the main impound garage door.

Militia ; i know you don't want to hear this; but to have an ultimate collection of vehicles also include aircrafts. The most fun and usable aircrafts are EP Seasparrow , EP Police Maverick and EP Hydra .

Now start collectin' !!! :)

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:39 AM Edited by Militia, 11 February 2015 - 12:41 AM.

I already collected 45 in my current save and I already have an AP/EC Maverick.  What is an EP/FP Police Maverick gonna do for me?  Same thing, but worse than the AP/EC Maverick...

Furthermore, all anyone needs is EP/FP Aircraft that has weapons (Hydra, Sea Sparrow, etc, etc)....I never got into making random EP/FP Vehicles like the Phoenix, Mr. Whoopee, Euros, etc, etc, etc...A lot of people like doing this, but EP/FP is my least favorite of the BP/DP/EP/FP properties.  BP/DP are much better and in my current Save, I got every AP, BP, and DP Vehicle that exists but 3.  DP/EP/FP/MP Police Car, AP Greenwood, and AP Fire Truck.  I got the rest...Good enough :p

And there is more GTA Games other than SA that have Special Vehicles, I've been making multiple Save Files for LCS with 12 Special Vehicles in each Save.  There is gonna be more in that game I obtain than SA, actually...

I got too many other GTA projects to keep replaying SA over and over like our old pal HeroBrineR007 liked to do...

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Rat

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:48 AM Edited by 7 day survivor, 11 February 2015 - 07:54 AM.

Militia; aircrafts and cars/bikes uses different property priorities. In a 6-star mayhem the property priorities should look like this:

Aircraft
1.EP 2.DP 3.BP 4.FP

Cars
1.DP 2.BP 3.EP 4.FP

See? Having an aircraft EP is exactly the same as having a car DP or BP. EP is a superior property to aircraft since no plane or heli can shoot you down.

Yeah an Allproof Maverick is nice but up in the sky it works exactly like my EP/FP Police Maverick. They're equal. Except that I think the Police Maverick is a much cooler aircraft than the Maverick and you can also switch on the searchlights on the PM after 18:00.

I feel ya, so much to do, so little time :/ . Im having the same issues, busy doing Silent Hill runs ATM. But somehow I'll always get back to SA, one way or another :)
  • OG Viking and Militia like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:38 AM Edited by OrionSR, 11 February 2015 - 08:38 AM.

The Rustler has guns too, and is probably the easiest aircraft to use for hunting Hydras, even without any immunities. And it's cool because for the longest time it was on the impossible early list. The Rustler is my favorite planes due to my experience with the Fun With N.O.E. challenge - basically, make a stunt video while completing the N.O.E. mission.

Is it my imagination or did the topics get scrambled again?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:31 AM

Yeap it's off topic again lolololol yeah the rustler is great and also a great challenge to get early and even more challenging on a mastersave, but he he he he to not go off topic aircrafts are the best vehicles to keep on the impounds, they rarely get replaced unless using the exploits or on some glitchy occasions.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:24 AM Edited by OrionSR, 11 February 2015 - 10:25 AM.

It looks like my master save only has an Ambulance in the LS impound. It's a pitiful master save by current standards. The only safehouse I bought was Mulholland. But I didn't have any examples to work with other than notes on a PS2 save someone posted. If I had paid closer attention I might have noticed that the player had used cheats to manage the restricted areas. Whoops.  My master save will be 10 years old this July.

• fnxrak likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:37 AM Edited by fnxrak, 11 February 2015 - 10:37 AM.

You must release a 10th anniversary reboot lolololol

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:57 AM Edited by OrionSR, 11 February 2015 - 11:58 AM.

Reasons for not doing a 10th anniversary master save:

• I could never top some of the master saves I've seen. 10 years of oneupsmanship has left few stones unturned.
  • My save editing skills disqualify me as a credible master saver or collector. I must recuse myself.
  • I could edit a far better master save than I could ever create in-game.
  • I wouldn't want to play a master save without the additional challenges presented by a Chain Game starter save.
  • Master saves are no fun to play on; they are missing all the best challenges.
  • fnxrak likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Having an aircraft EP is exactly the same as having a car DP or BP. EP is a superior property to aircraft since no plane or heli can shoot you down.

Yeah an Allproof Maverick is nice but up in the sky it works exactly like my EP/FP Police Maverick. They're equal.

.....Until you get the pop-in and fly an EP/FP Vehicle into a tree that just appeared out of nowhere or a tall building, etc, etc....This is why I prefer an AP Helicopter to EP/FP.  And like I said, if I would do SA again, but I honestly doubt I would, I'd obtain an EP/FP Sea Sparrow.  Has guns, and doesn't need the Impound, thus it's the only one I'd like.

An EP/FP Hydra is nice for people who enjoy using that but I hate it, actually.  I never understood how to get it out of hover mode.  You know that one Time Trial/Race in Las Venturas?  "Military Service."  Well, that takes like 28 minutes to complete.  Why?  Cuz I never leave hover mode on the Hydra.  I push back, but it doesn't work.  So I just pretend the Hydra doesn't exist and I never use it.  I much prefer Helicopters.  And the only 2 Helicopters I'd want is an AP/EC Maverick and EP/FP Sea Sparrow.  I'd probably also obtain the EC Black Maverick, too.  That's another thing I'd do differently if I replayed SA.  I'd get a handful more EC Vehicles.  I have 45 now, but I skipped like 5 EC Vehicles that are easy to get and I couldn't get the Police Car, Greenwood, or Fire Truck...All which would of bumped my total into the 50's...50 Special Vehicles is easy to get and maintain, but when you reach 60 or greater, that is when it gets ultra hard for storage space.  Most people who have more than 60 use the Impounds, though.  Without Impounds, you can only store around 55-62 or so...

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Hustler

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:28 PM Edited by OG Viking, 11 February 2015 - 04:56 PM.

First, I apologize for being off topic in "Getting the HYDRA early", thanks to lil weasel of whoever moved the posts here. I didn't realize I was off topic when talking about the impound functionality as it's a part of getting and keeping the aircrafts.

I hope somebody can say if a RAINDANCE can be towed through the LS impound gate, and if the garage down there is big enough?
I want one big EP/FP helicopter because they have a beautiful engine sound. Cargobob, Leviathan, Raindance and Hunter got the big engine sound, but the only one I think possibly might fit in the LS impound is Raindance.

Militia; aircrafts and cars/bikes uses different property priorities. In a 6-star mayhem the property priorities should look like this:

Aircraft
1.EP 2.DP 3.BP 4.FP

Cars
1.DP 2.BP 3.EP 4.FP

I agree for the most part, but for helicopters DP is important because the NPC helicopters seems to think they can pass through your helicopter. So an AP Maverick is much more valuable than an EP/FP one.

The Leviathan got a special feature, besides being large and durable; it can land on water. In my game the Leviathan is a MUST :)

I knew it can land on water, but when do you need to land on water? Is it ever useful at all?
  • Militia likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

Actually on the original hydra early topic it wouldn't be offtopic since it was Hydra's and other vehicles LOLOLOLOL but anyway this really is a more suited topic for the discussion.

Anyway the Raindance does fit in the LS impound and even better doesn't need to be towed all you need is to use the broadway trick to make it go there

• OG Viking, King Andreas and Militia like this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Hustler

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:56 AM Edited by OG Viking, 13 February 2015 - 01:00 AM.

Anyway the Raindance does fit in the LS impound and even better doesn't need to be towed all you need is to use the broadway trick to make it go there

I had not enough patience so I tested and found out myself haha. Raindance is no problem in the LS impound.

(I like the fat helicopters but unfortunately they're not very useful because none of them supports more than 1 passenger. All that space and only one passenger! The Leviathan should have roomed a pilot + 7 and the Raindance a pilot + 3.)

When I confirmed the LS impound is no problem for a Raindance, I went on testing the LV impound. I've barely tried LV before and not really used it, so I wanted to see what big objects can be store there.

I wish I hadn't lost my above mentioned Raindance, I didn't get to test it in the LV impound, I think it might fit there too. The only Raindance I know of is locked and takes quite some effort to unlock it. I know of no cheat codes to spawn one.

But I tested a Leviathan in the LV impound, I could tow it down there without big problems (had to enter through the exit gate). But the garage is too small so the tail got stuck in the wall. My Towtruck failed at yanking it out. I spawned a Trashmaster and it could move the Leviathan a little but I didn't manage to knock it loose from the wall. I don't know if it's impossible but it's not worth the trouble.
Leviathans are very tall, so when they can pass through the gate I figure all road vehicles can pass.

Another aircraft that does not fit in LV is Hydra. It's difficult to get it through the main gate, I got it in but not out because it must be pushed through the main exit gate and out is uphill. It also tend to spawn in the garage floor and sometimes blows up.

What ways are there to auto-impound vehicles to LV early in the game? As for SF I know of the Mt. Chiliad race.

OT: Why the hell is it so hard to get a Towtruck in LV? I used the "cars drive on water" cheat and drove from LS with one Towtruck towing a second one (funny on rough sea!), but I lost both Towtrucks before I was done experiementing. One despawned as I turned my back to it, and the spare one was eaten by the LV impound. With no more spare Towtrucks in my other garages, and Mt. Chiliad being too far away, it took ages to get a random Towtruck around LVA Freight Depot.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:23 AM

To easily impound vehicles in LV you can use the emerald isle parking lot exploit. Any car you take there just leave it on a floor and go on foot to another floor the car should be impounded, although I was never able to use it for airplanes or big choppers as they don't fit the main entrance of the parking lot.

• OG Viking and King Andreas like this

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Rat

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

Sorry OG , I just read your comment. I could've helped you earlier.. :/

Yes, Raindance fits everywhere :)
Leviathan fits in SF and LV :)
Hydra fits everywhere.

Ive got Hydra, Leviathan and Police Maverick stored in LV. I can get em all out. You got to work Hydra out as you work the Rustler out of SF. Push the body a bit, push the wing a bit et.c. When you finally unlock LV you can transfer the planes you want to fly regularly to VM Hangar.

And yes, Leviathan and Cargobob has a nasty habit of getting stuck with the tail in the wall. On PS2 i solved it like this: removed all vehicles near Leviathan. Then get in the Leviathan and hold left analog stick down/left while holding X-button (gas) and L2 (turns the chopper) . Now the tail hopefully gets unstuck from the wall.
Good Luck ! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users