Photo

Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage

187 replies to this topic
Ghost glendale fan 4 live
  • Ghost glendale fan 4 live

Libby-Ketchup city!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

Is there any way of getting the Ghost Glendale from Back o Beyond into the Impound lot?

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:36 AM Edited by rubregg, 05 December 2008 - 09:46 AM.

QUOTE (Ghost glendale fan 4 live @ Dec 5 2008, 08:43)
Is there any way of getting the Ghost Glendale from Back o Beyond into the Impound lot?

If you can get into it and drive around, then yeah, should work. But I don't know about this specific vehicle, esp. the "Ghost" bit in Ghost Glendale - why "ghost"?

Edit:
Did a little search and it seems that "Ghost" Glendale is just a normal spawn with the vehicle rolling down a slope due to gravity. So it should be impoundable like other cars.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:36 AM Edited by !!GameCH33TA!!, 05 December 2008 - 09:40 AM.

@Ghost glendale fan 4 live: Have you read the first two posts?
If not, do it.
It'll help.

(Also, is that a mistake in your name? Was Ghost glendale fan 4 life already taken or did you completely misspell it?)

Ghost glendale fan 4 live
  • Ghost glendale fan 4 live

Libby-Ketchup city!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Dec 5 2008, 09:36)
@Ghost glendale fan 4 live: Have you read the first two posts?
If not, do it.
It'll help.

(Also, is that a mistake in your name? Was Ghost glendale fan 4 life already taken or did you completely misspell it?)

Yeah I misspelled it thanks.

frank_ktcv
  • frank_ktcv

The Man of Danger in San Andreas

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Can I store a Raindance or Leviathan in the Los Santos impound garage?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

I doubt it. I've only tested the Cargobob though, - it spawns in the floor (and eventually blows up).
But News choppers, police and regular Mavericks does work and also the Stuntplane.
They're also fairly easy to retrieve with the aid of a Towtruck.

I've also got a save with a Hunter impounded (no idea where it came from). That spawns ok too, but I haven't attempted retrieval.

laezy
  • laezy

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:34 PM Edited by laezy, 09 April 2009 - 04:04 PM.

Hey guys i wanted to test the impound garage and flew a dodo from LV to SF and triggered the Beefy Baron mission. Then went to the SF police hq jacking a police bike on the way and you know what the dodo was there parked for my use repaired & shining colgate.gif (I had actually damaged it when i had landed on the rail tracks.

I also managed to impound a raindance chopper at the LS police HQ after triggering the pimping mission, its another matter that i couldn't manage to get it out of there. dontgetit.gif

Update:It also works with beagle & of course the maverick.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:09 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 09 October 2009 - 02:01 AM.

user posted image

Yeah its possible to get the Raindance and Leviathan on a master save. Also the police Maverik that you guys had trouble with, it can be garraged in Santa Maria Beach and towed out. I guess i just got a lucky angle, it came out instantly no problems. The Leviathan is easy, go to LV airport and steal it from there. The Raindance is much harder, you must tow it from the SF airport to the Doherty garrage to unlock it, then fly it back to LS with the Hydra on you. Took me awhile but finally did it.

So looking at the collection, anything you guys would recommend i get rid of? Im thinking of getting the news chopper but its the same as the police maverik in a way and i would have to ditch a chopper

Anyway i heard SF is good for impounding aircraft, can anyone confirm that you can manually impound a crop duster in the SF garrage? or even better, a Beagle?

Edit: Ok dont even bother with the Leviathan. i can get the Raindance and Police Maverik out fine, but the tail of the Leviathan is in the wall, towing it, pushing it or flying it dont budge it. Guess il have to jack a news helicopter somehow. Also i does the Emerald Isle carpark work for impounding on the PS2? I finally found a tourismo and i made it dissapear by jumping out the window trick, i went to the LV impound for the first time and couldnt find it anywhere, although i could have entered it wrong. When i try it again, where do I enter the LV impound from? Is it the garrage door that doesnt have a side door you use to walk through?

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:22 AM Edited by pomor, 21 January 2010 - 08:07 PM.

It seems it is not always necessary for CJ to drive vehicle to impound it.

I got impounded two Marquises, and I'm quite sure I have never, during this playthrough, driven Marquis.

user posted image

I think they got impounded during Boat School, but I neither drove Marquis to the Byside Marina (it was Speeder) nor any Marquis is used at Boat School's tests. If I found some Coastguard or Vortex (Vortex would be nice) in the Impound I wouldn't be surprised.
Some Marquises only swim, as obstacles, during tests. As I understand, these should not be impounded.

UPDATE, after testing at Bike School:

1. I fly, by Maverick, to the Bike School, still on the 4-star territory.
2. At the last moment I remember about some unique vehicles at LV impound (EP/FP Sanking; EP/FP Pony with off road tires; EP Mule) so I explode Maverick before entering Bike School.
3. After geting all gold (and saving) I check LV impound, just for the peace of mind.
3. There is EP/FP Pony, Maverick (well, I did not waited till wreck disappeared) and BF 400 (??? - that was my original reason to check SF impound, when I found Marquises, I hoped for Vortex)
4. After reload, I take EP/FP Sandking to SF, it has hydraulics so it is easy.
5. I save, then go to the AirCarier to acquire Police Maverick, this one should not be impounded, then I fly it to the Bike School.
6. After geting Golds, I check LV Impound: EP/FP Pony and two (!!!) BF-400s. Damn.
7. Reload, get Police Maverick go to Bike School. Complete it but not bother with golds. Save. Check LV impound: EP/FP Pony, EP Mule. So far so good.
8. Get Police Maverick. Go to Bike School. Get all golds. Save.Check impound.
9. EP/FP Pony, EP Mule and Washington (WTF? Washington?? never touched any Washington after the last save!) Checked three times, it is no random spawn, there is always Washington.
10. What the big deal, you'll ask? Well, somehow it can be the way to aquire Hydra on Master Save, now cant it.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:09 AM Edited by Diego "DM" Mendez, 19 February 2010 - 02:08 PM.

QUOTE (pomor @ Jan 21 2010, 12:22)
It seems it is not always necessary for CJ to drive vehicle to impound it.

I got impounded two Marquises, and I'm quite sure I have never, during this playthrough, driven Marquis.

user posted image

I think they got impounded during Boat School, but I neither drove Marquis to the Byside Marina (it was Speeder) nor any Marquis is used at Boat School's tests. If I found  some Coastguard or Vortex (Vortex would be nice)  in the Impound I wouldn't be surprised.
Some Marquises only swim, as obstacles, during tests. As I understand, these should not be impounded.

UPDATE, after testing at Bike School:

1. I fly, by Maverick, to the Bike School, still on the 4-star territory.
2. At the last moment I remember about some unique vehicles at LV impound (EP/FP Sanking; EP/FP Pony with off road tires; EP Mule) so I explode Maverick before entering Bike School.
3. After geting all gold (and saving) I check LV impound, just for the peace of mind.
3. There is EP/FP Pony, Maverick (well, I did not waited till wreck disappeared) and BF 400 (??? - that was my original reason to check SF impound, when I found Marquises, I hoped for Vortex)
4. After reload, I take EP/FP Sandking to SF, it has hydraulics so it is easy.
5. I save, then go to the AirCarier to acquire Police Maverick, this one should not be impounded, then I fly it to the Bike School.
6. After geting Golds, I check LV Impound: EP/FP Pony and two (!!!) BF-400s. Damn.
7. Reload, get Police Maverick go to Bike School. Complete it but not bother with golds. Save. Check LV impound: EP/FP Pony, EP Mule. So far so good.
8. Get Police Maverick. Go to Bike School. Get all golds. Save.Check impound.
9. EP/FP Pony, EP Mule and Washington (WTF? Washington?? never touched any Washington after the last save!) Checked three times, it is no random spawn, there is always Washington.
10. What the big deal, you'll ask? Well, somehow it can be the way to aquire Hydra on Master Save, now cant it.

How can I push a Hydra out of an impound ??? You can't get that babe out of the impound garage because of the crawling police there, and because of the garage's door itself...

You'll most likely get it destroyed, and push it by a vehicle, and police won't leave your vehicle alone... Not that they will ram it, they'll shoot it unless you'll dead... Even tough it's three stars...

But I may think of a way, creative...
The method has been shut down for good...

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Jan 31 2010, 10:09)

How can I push a Hydra out of an impound ??? You can't get that babe out of the impound garage because of the crawling police there, and because of the garage's door itself...

You'll most likely get it destroyed, and push it by a vehicle, and police won't leave your vehicle alone... Not that they will ram it, they'll shoot it unless you'll dead... Even tough it's three stars...

You can tow it out. The cops, they can be killed. They are no real cops, if you can kill them fast, there will be no 3 stars. Is is described somewhere up this topic.

But I may think of a way, creative...

We may bring a Hydra to get dead by 4-stars with the Rustler but  fly above Los Santos... Once we hear one got destroyed, we quickly go to a Pay n' Spray or any wardrobe to lose the heat... We then jack a police car, and try to lose the heat..

If you shoot down Hydra it will explode - and wreck disappear too fast to be of any use.

Go to the impound, wait for some idiot policeman to ride it (and destroy it), or we'll have to ram it.. Then push it, hopefully...

It may not work always, but still good...

I dont understand what you are suggesting.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Jan 31 2010, 18:10)

Go to the impound, wait for some idiot policeman to ride it (and destroy it), or we'll have to ram it.. Then push it, hopefully...

It may not work always, but still good...

I dont understand what you are suggesting.

I mean to wait for a policeman to ride it, then drive it and destroy it by just ramming it in a wall... I swear that I went to the LS impound and seen a Maverick, then I heard an explosion, and found that it's the Maverick which got destroyed...

You can tow it out. The cops, they can be killed. They are no real cops, if you can kill them fast, there will be no 3 stars. Is is described somewhere up this topic.

Due to the fact they call for backup, then get 3 stars when they say so, not when we kill them ?

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Jan 31 2010, 18:25)
Due to the fact they call for backup, then get 3 stars when they say so, not when we kill them ?

After they see CJ there is several seconds delay, before they call for backup. Just kill them, when they see you, preferably, but no necessarily, with silenced pistol, starting with the one at the turnpike. If you get one star wanted level dont go deeper into impound, wait untill the star go off.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Jan 31 2010, 19:48)
QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Jan 31 2010, 18:25)

After they see CJ there is several seconds delay, before they call for backup. Just kill them, when they see you, preferably, but no necessarily, with silenced pistol, starting with the one at the turnpike. If you get one star wanted level dont go deeper into impound, wait untill the star go off.

My primary pistol is the silenced pistol, not the Deagle or the normal one, and I always use it in killing the crack dealers, so it's always ready for those jobs...

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

And finally found two impounded cars I rode before...

One was a modded Alpha with a light blue paintjob, 10x Nitrous, Hydraulics, Bass Boost, and Off-Road Wheels... I parked my Alpha near the Motorbike school, started a test.. I found my Alpha lost.. I went to the LV impound, And found the lost modded Alpha, and a Dumper (I was doing the last Quarry mission yesterday)...
Actually I was proving it for people that doesn't want to see the whole page...

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

If I look where the LS impound is supposed to be but see no vehicles, is my impound script broken? This lot is under the police station in commerce/pershing right?
Everything else tells me I am looking where I should, there's guards there, a cop car with its hood up and a woman ped against the wall like they were searching/arresting her.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

From the moment you go down the ramp, your camera must face the place where the impunded cars will spawn. It is somewhat difficult in LS impound. Try to put there ambulance first, it do not disappears that easily.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

I fixed my issue of this garage not working. Conclusion - I had a bad save somewhere early in the storyline. I reloaded a very early save, grabbed a Dodo and landed it near the Gasso/Carwash in Idlewood, hopped in the Broadway, triggered pimping, looked to the side, the plane was gone, went immediately to the impound garage to find the plane parked there. People that park Rustlers and other large vehicles I assume you do so by triggering a "clear" command as the door will not open for said vehicles. For purposes of guide updates I also gather that as long as you don't trigger any more "clear" commands that the vehicles already in there will stay indefinitely ?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

You impounded a Dodo? Aircraft seem to always spawn in the impound regardless of where you are looking.

Anyway i am interested in this Hydra method, although I am confused by what you do. Somehow you are impounding vehicles without getting in them, do you know which vehicles are being impounded and how you are doing it?

Also, is it even possible to tow the Hydra out of the impound in LS? Maybe use a cheat and spawn it there and test it first. Im pretty sure the SF impound has a bigger garage so try there

Anyway I would like to know, can you impound an AT 400 in the LS impound? I wish to do it for fun, I know there would be now way out for it but ti would be a funny sight.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

Here is an observation I made: the LV impound only gets vehicles that get impounded by the pilot school or the Emerald isle carpark. So much for wasting time going there only to find nothing. confused.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

The LV impound also receives vehicles impounded by bike school and the quarry missions. Depending on where the vehicle is abandoned the LV impound can also receive vehicle impounded by the Fisher's Lagoon triathlon.

However, frequently the problem is that the vehicles are discarded as CJ enters the impound garage. It takes a bit of practice to be confident that there was nothing in the garage before it was entered. BTW, the Japanese save game editor can display what is in the impound garages.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

Here is a fact I discovered: the odd plane and helicopter spawns are actually triggered by a glitch.
I'm not sure how to get the glitch to work, but I have confirmed that's what the spawns are triggered by.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

Could you be a little more clear on what you mean? Do you mean the planes and helicopters inside the impounds? I dont think they are spawned by a glitch, I think they are harder for the game to discard from its memory when you go to the impound so most people can see them. Every aircraft I have intentionally impounded has spawned in the impounds, I have never had something in there I didnt mean to put in there.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

@ Jack Reacher
I'm saying that the aircraft and unusual vehicles that end up in there are triggered by a glitch according to a Neoseeker member

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

yea but what glitch? for some aircraft like the police chopper i manually pushed it into the impound early in the game as I had no room in my garages, and when I came back ti was still there. I dont see how it is a glitch for aircraft but not a glitch for normal cars. Im interested in impounding boats now on my starter save, just to show that I could get them from 4 star territory. I guess I will beach it, change clothes to get rid of wanted level and push it to the broadway, but it might even be easier pushing it directly into the impound zone

buginafug
  • buginafug

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jun 8 2010, 00:39)
yea but what glitch? for some aircraft like the police chopper i manually pushed it into the impound early in the game as I had no room in my garages, and when I came back ti was still there. I dont see how it is a glitch for aircraft but not a glitch for normal cars. Im interested in impounding boats now on my starter save, just to show that I could get them from 4 star territory. I guess I will beach it, change clothes to get rid of wanted level and push it to the broadway, but it might even be easier pushing it directly into the impound zone

What I'm saying is that planes and unusual vehicles spawn when the shouldn't like one time where there was an AT 400 in San Fierro's Impound.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

Hey a question about garages in general, you once told me to store that random staircase thing from the SF airport into the doherty garage and see what happens, i never did that. Can stuff like that be stored in garages? Same with those things the Tankers haul, those big containers can they be saved in an impound lot? No use at all just curious, you would have to manually impound it i suppose

buginafug
  • buginafug

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if you could.
However, I've never tried it so I don't know. confused.gif

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jun 12 2010, 01:28)
Hey a question about garages in general, you once told me to store that random staircase thing from the SF airport into the doherty garage and see what happens, i never did that. Can stuff like that be stored in garages? Same with those things the Tankers haul, those big containers can they be saved in an impound lot? No use at all just curious, you would have to manually impound it i suppose

Yes, it can be stored. In fact, I have kept there BP/EP/FP/DP Tanker Trailer all the time from "Tanker Comander" mission till the hangar could be bought. First in SF impound then, after "Are you going to SF" mission, I moved it to LS impound. You have to put it there manually, of course.

SF impound can be glichy, more times then not Tanker Trailer spawns half inside the floor. But, as it is DP, it will not explode and after CJ jumps on top of it, it usualy gets unstuck, sometimes just to get stuck in the celing confused.gif Also turning ON and OFF the frame limiter can unglue it. All in all, more trouble then it was worth, to have it finally stored in the hangar, but fun nevertheless.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

Has anyone got a Beagle or a Cropduster in the Los Santos impound? I tried with the Beagle, but failed. mad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users