Photo

Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage

187 replies to this topic
jheath
  • jheath

Nameless Redshirt

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

Damn interesting. My first thought on reading OrionSR's original post was "this could help with retriving the Rustler / Hydra early." Nice to see others (pomor, GTA Phreak) thought the same thing. Time for me to do some testing.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:50 AM Edited by OrionSR, 16 January 2008 - 09:47 AM.

San Fierro Impound Garage

This impound is particularly annoying, so I've been making a few notes.

There are 6 random vehicle spawns within the SF impound garage zone. They occupy the 4 southern-most parking stalls, two on one side, and 4 on the other. Since they are packed so tightly together it is very unlikely they will all spawn at the same time. However, 3 can and often do spawn at once, and that is enough to replace each vehicle in the impound lot. From sfe_stream1.ipl:
CODE
-1639.17004, 661.79999, -6.24142, 157.08, -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1
-1639.17004, 657.66602, -6.24142, 157.08, -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1
-1639.17004, 653.53302, -6.24142, 157.08, -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1
-1639.17004, 649.40002, -6.24142, 157.08, -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1
-1622.34998, 649.40002, -6.24142, -157.08, -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1
-1622.34998, 653.64801, -6.24142, -157.08, -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1

It is possible to enter the SF impound lot with a jetpack and prevent the impound zone from opening by skimming along the ceiling of the ramp down into the impound lot. I tried entering with a Dumper, but it either isn't tall enough, or for some reason the game is reading the vehicle or height differently than the jetpack.

I added several missiles (explosive objects on the aircraft carrier) to the area where the vehicles spawn to assist in detecting when the door of the impound zone opens and the vehicles spawn (big boom, hard to miss). It appears that if the impound zone door is allowed to open when CJ is in the discard ring without CJ watching then the vehicles are discarded before they ever spawn.

Bikes impounded at the SF Impound will spawn on top of the ceiling. Lowering the bottom of the impound zone just a tad will restore normal function for the bikes. However, if the lower Z is too low, then aircraft will spawn in or under the floor. The Skimmer spawns inside of the floor with normal settings, but all other small aircraft usually spawns without any problems. The next most difficult aircraft appears to be the Rustler which likes to spawn with it's wheels in the ground, but nudging usually fixes this problem.

IPL Variations: (SFe.ipl)
CODE
#-1652.78, 647.502, -6.04924, -1617.92, 647.502, -1652.78, 671.973, 0.713446, 4, 34, imp_sf // SFPD Impound Garage
#-1652.78, 647.502, -6.13751, -1617.92, 647.502, -1652.78, 671.973, 0.713446, 4, 34, imp_sf  // ^lower floor so bikes (and Rustler) Spawn
#-1652.78, 647.502, -6.13751, -1617.92, 647.502, -1652.78, 666.7, -1.4, 4, 34, imp_sf        // ^doesn't open during entrance
-1630.1, 668.75, -6.13751, -1630.1, 703.95, -1650.5, 668.75, 0.713446, 4, 34, imp_sf         // ^moved a bit - similar to LSPD
#-1618.75, 740.65, -6.13751, -1598.25, 740.65, -1618.75, 760.35, 0.113446, 4, 34, imp_sf     // ^moved a lot - near entrance

VinnyGouveia
  • VinnyGouveia

Back to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (AceOfDeath666 @ Dec 29 2007, 18:28)
've discovered that u can get into the SF garage and kill every cop WITHOUT any Stars
1.kill the guard at the top of the hill w/ a knife
2. kill the guard by the Garage door with a Silenced 9mm
3. kill the farther gate guard
4. kill the othere guards inside w/o any other guards knowledge

Or you can get my method.
1-Buy a Sniper, a Knife and a Silenced 9MM
2-Snipe both gate guards and the one at the garage
3-Make your way through the garage with the knife and the 9mm.

I'll make some videos of it and upload them. Just for the heck of it. wink.gif

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:47 AM

High Noon impounded my Hunter (after I killed Pulaski with it).
So I guess that any mission that forcefully removes your vehicle will place it in an impound?
It ended up in the SF impound, - so it seems that it will end up in the closest regardless of the general area (it got impounded within sight of the Ghost town).

Btw. the SF impound isn't very Hunter friendly, - too little headroom.
I got it out eventually, but I had to push it up the access ramp. Luckily the door opened well before it became an obstacle.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:08 AM

Like many missions, High Noon has several clear area commands. There are several with a 30 meter radius in the area of the cut-scenes at the ghost town. But the one that impounded your Hunter must be the one that has a 100 meter radius around the car path location that is closest to where Polanski's body falls.

When I was experimenting with the Green Sabre mission I planted a satchel charge on the last Balla and took a trip to Angle Pine. Since I was having problems impounding my mission vehicles with this method I also entered the Roadtrain in the area where Tenpenny release CJ, then got out and detonated the satchel. The mission would impound the Roadtrain, but not the proofed Sabre.

I'm fairly certain that the mission vehicles are immune from the clear area command. Otherwise we could clear the Buffaloes from the car park during Misappropriation. Most of the time the random vehicles that CJ grabs or brings to the mission don't have any special mission association. The game has a special place in memory for CJ's 2 most recent vehicles, and everything else is free to vanish when not watched. Sometimes the mission will take control of CJ's vehicle when the mission starts (vigilante, pimping, courier bike, etc) so not every vehicle supplied by CJ will be subject to impounding. I'm still wrestling with this mission vehicle concept. If I apply what I know about the special tricks used to collect proofed vehicles then it make a little sense.

I had a thought on the aircraft that's difficult to maneuver in the impound garages, but haven't had the chance to try it out. The idea is to impound a towtruck so I can drag the aircraft into a more favorable position. I know the Maverick, Rustler and Seasparrow can be towed, but haven't experimented much with other aircraft.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Jan 22 2008, 00:47)
High Noon impounded my Hunter (after I killed Pulaski with it).

For me, High Noon impounds a reealy rare car to impound (I think):
The Pulaski's Buffalo!!!! But the licence plate was different!

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jan 22 2008, 08:08)
I know the Maverick, Rustler and Seasparrow can be towed, but haven't experimented much with other aircraft.

Hydra can be towed by Towtruck, but not by Tractor.

jheath
  • jheath

Nameless Redshirt

• Members

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

I think most aircraft can be towed. The one exception I've come across is the Nevada.

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

I'd love to see proofed vehicles being able to be obtained this way. Might help with some of the harder ones, and might even let us get ones listed as unobtainable. Of course, if the proofing doesn't stay after you retrieve it, it'll be pointless.

On the subject of impounds, a strange thing that happened once when I went into an impound (the Los Santos one) was finding a random Sparrow inside. I use the PS2 version, but at any rate, it still doesn't explain why it was down there, especially considering I had never flown one before (and if I had, it was nowhere near the time I went into the impound and found one down there).

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:39 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 04 February 2008 - 06:41 AM.

No way, this thread cannot die yet.

I hope I don't need a more detailed walk through for this yet I am not getting a take as of yet and may need some video or something because I must be doing something wrong yet I will keep at it.

Thanx for the goal OrionSR. icon14.gif

I am still having some difficulty getting a take on the PS2 version yet it has been a couple days since I have given it a try..... for my PS2 has been dominated by a 4.5yr old whom is mastering another game.....so I must wait.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:18 PM

The LS Impound works well with helicopters, towing them out with a Towtruck is easy.
It worked with a Stuntplane too, got it out with minimal damage.

Armed with that knowledge I loaded up my starting save and tried to add some rare helicopters:

Picked up a Cargobob at area 69 (actually 2, remembering to take out the SAM launcher before making off with the 2nd. sigh.gif ). Successfully impounded it and went to check it out.
It spawned invisible in the floor and simply kept blowing up. - Cargobob's aren't a good idea.

Next I jacked a News Chopper and couldn't impound it! It just sat there next to the Broadway and didn't disappear!
I guess it has some special "mission" property which prevents it from being impounded?
Couldn't tow it in either, - the Towtruck wouldn't hook up.
As a last resort I tried running it through the ft. Carson PnS in case that would reset it to normal. But I blew it when a police rancher pinned me down inside, - unfortunately that PnS isn't off limits for cops.

So for the moment I guess I have to be content with the regular Maverick:

user posted image user posted image

k_jap
  • k_jap

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:32 PM

Interesting stuff, this impound business. One question, if you permit: Is the deal that all vehicles in a certain radius will vanish when you start one of the missions that will trigger this effect, and that your latest vehicle will end up in the impound garage? I've read the thread, BTW, but I'm a little slooooow sometimes...And the news chopper you mention: Were you in it yourself or was it just a chopper that spawned right before you triggered the effect?

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

@OrionSR> I believe a video of controling the unseen door may be very assistive in this process.

Would that be something you could contribute to us OrionSR?

Thank you, HGF

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

Maybe. My computer lags terribly when I try to record video, but I recently installed a new video card and some extra RAM, so perhaps it will behave better for me.

One of the tricks I used to test the opening of the doors was to place IPL objects like missiles and explosive barrels where the cars would spawn then the door opens. If I accidentally opened the door while trying to navigate the entrance I'd know right away.

I was also using explosive barrels to mark the corners of the garage zone, but they stuck through to the street above and the random traffic kept smashing into them. For some reason CJ would sometimes get a wanted level for chain reaction explosions. Ever since then I've been wondering how many missions that people struggle with could be solved with some carefully placed objects. It might make for some interesting races or chases. Let the Andromeda drive through a minefield of missiles, scrape the Vagos of the top of the train, or place explosive barrels where the bad guys will blow themselves up as soon as they take their 1st shot at CJ - that sort of thing.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

Found a little time to work on my "In the Beginning" helicopter collection.

user posted image

Finally managed to impound the News Chopper.
I managed to ram it into the Santa Maria beach garage.
Once the door had closed it could be towed out and impounded.

It ought to work with the Police Maverick as well, - it's a tight squeeze but it should be possible to tow it out of the Santa Maria beach garage before it blows.

Btw. I'm not trying to control the invisible door or keeping things in view, - I simply barge in and run down any guards getting in my way tounge2.gif
I don't think that helicopter and planes are prone to disappearing anyway.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:59 AM

Found it. Here are my notes on the vehicles which appear to be immune from the discard radius.

I checked quite a few vehicles hoping to find something useful that wouldn't vanish too quickly - like the Vortex. The best vehicle I could find was the firetruck; the SA version with the hose, not the ladder version. The Ambulance also didn't vanish when CJ didn't watch it. Other than that, just aircraft. I didn't try everything but I came pretty close. I definitely covered all the vehicle classes and couldn't find a reliable pattern. I also tried everything unusual, and everything I like, just to be sure. No luck.

hooney
  • hooney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Mar 24 2008, 23:31)
It ought to work with the Police Maverick as well, - it's a tight squeeze but it should be possible to tow it out of the Santa Maria beach garage before it blows.

It's a very tight squeeze.

In fact, I've been unsuccessful in storing my Police Maverick there.

So, here I am, pre-storyline mission save loaded up, standing next to my Police Maverick parked atop of the tallest building in Los Santos, wondering what my next course of action should be.

I'm contemplating on just pushing the thing in the impound lot, but I'm wary... and starting to get weary.

Oh, well.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:21 AM Edited by OrionSR, 29 March 2008 - 07:48 PM.

Okay. I think I finally figured out what the problem could be. Phreak mentioned he had "jacked" the News Chopper but the impound wouldn't take it. It appears to had "mission" properties and can't be towed or impounded until stored in a garage or possibly painted. I couldn't figure out why the jacked choppers were mission related.

The News Choppers, Police Mavericks, and Hydra, Firetrucks, and Ambulances are in response to the wanted level, fires, or injuries. These appear to be triggered by something in the executable, so mission related, but not in the main script. I guess that make sense. To methods used to collect bulletproof vehicles, perhaps destroying it by dunking, might be successful at removing the mission status.

Can a destroyed wreck be impounded by the Broadway? I seem to remember some success with destroying the scripted police cars inside the impound, but they tend to vanish very quickly.

Edit: Never mind, I guess the wrecks can't be impounded. That make sense since the helicopter had been drowned and was still refusing to impound.

hooney
  • hooney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:49 AM Edited by hooney, 06 April 2008 - 12:53 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Mar 29 2008, 10:21)
Can a destroyed wreck be impounded by the Broadway? I seem to remember some success with destroying the scripted police cars inside the impound, but they tend to vanish very quickly.

Edit: Never mind, I guess the wrecks can't be impounded. That make sense since the helicopter had been drowned and was still refusing to impound.

I have tried this... thinking that a charred Police Maverick corpse would disappear when I initiated the pimping missions.

A few shotgun blasts later, I see smoke and an explosion... and then, another explosion... and another. I counted ten explosions total before the firetruck arrived and doused the flames.

Funny thing... I was able to enter the Police Maverick and fly it away.

[Many moments and numerous attempts later]

YES!

I would like to report that I have successfully impounded the Police Maverick... and I didn't even have to store it in a safe house garage first.

Upon acquiring the Police Maverick, I went to the Pay 'n' Spray by the parked Broadway to evade those wanted stars. After losing those stars, the tack was to attempt (for the tenth time) to shove the chopper in the Verdant Bluffs garage and remove it with a tow truck before it exploded (for the tenth time). I noticed a vacated police car sitting in the middle of the street and thought, "you know what, 'eff' this... I'm gonna push this sucker to the impound garage as is." And...

Success!

I parked it in the impound zone with relative ease, as my pushing the helicopter with the police car never triggered the three wanted stars.

The only thing arduous about the task was not killing pedestrians accidentally or arbitrarily (that's how I play SA).

Anyway, I loaded the save numerous times to check on the Police Maverick, and it's still there.

The only problem I face is removing it and making that thing EP/FP during "Gray Imports." (It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be... EP/FP'd that thing and my News Chopper with relative ease. A set limit of one wanted star during "Gray Imports" helped tremendously.)

GTA Phreak Posted on Mar 24 2008, 23:31:

"Finally managed to impound the News Chopper.
I managed to ram it into the Santa Maria beach garage.
Once the door had closed it could be towed out and impounded."

GTA Phreak, I thought that I could use your method for the News Chopper, thinking that it's slightly smaller in size, and I'd be able to shove the thing in a garage, but I had no success. I mean, at least with the Police Maverick, I was finally able to get the garage door to close (never had success in removing it from the garage with the Tow Truck), and that thing is ostensibly larger.

I finally got the News Chopper in the impound garage using my method of just pushing it with a police car, and the first few attempts resulted in me losing the Police Maverick. I thought the garage wasn't as temperamental when it came to helicopters, but apparently, it is (Edit - it's not... figured out that I loaded a different save) .

Or, I wasn't mindful enough in keeping the camera angle positioned correctly as I made my descent.

Regardless, I have both now, and that is what matters.

Props to OrionSR for creating this topic and to others for contributing their ideas.

You all rock.

Quick update: I decided to actually progress through the storyline with my refurbished save file and after going through the Big Smoke and OG Loc mission strands, I encountered a problem... the choppers that I worked so hard to acquire have disappeared.

I'm thinking that there are a few "clear area" commands in some of those missions (all of Big Smoke's and OG Loc's "Life's a Beach," maybe), or something.

My last save file before those strands ("Nines and AK's") still has the helicopters in the impound garage, so would my logic be too far off if I were to not take a vehicle to certain destinations (basically, travel by foot) and initiate certain missions?

Update on the quick update: I figured out that it's nearly impossible to progress through the storyline and not lose your impounded vehicles.

That being said, I believe that if you've impounded an aircraft, you can minimize the risk of losing it by constantly checking on it after each and every mission. Upon completing the mission, just go to the impound and try not to keep your vehicles in view. That, in essence, will clear any of the most recently impounded vehicles, leaving only your aircraft...hopefully.

I've had some success doing this (with only one aircraft at the impound), and I just completed the mission "Doberman."

hooney
  • hooney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:52 AM Edited by hooney, 12 April 2008 - 11:25 PM.

The " Care " part of this topic is no joke.

I just progressed the storyline to San Fierro, and I've been able to maintain two aircraft (my EP/FP Police Maverick and EP/FP News Chopper) in the Los Santos impound garage... but what an ordeal.

It seems that you have to "clear the cache" constantly... before, during and after certain missions, as vehicles will be sent to the impound at various points. You may even have to approach mission markers on foot, which can be very tedious and time consuming.

By making frequent (and I mean FREQUENT) visits to the impound and not keeping your stored vehicles in view as you make your descent, you eliminate the last impounded vehicle, leaving space for the next vehicle that is bound to get impounded by some mission command.

If you do not visit frequently, your stored treasures will simply be replaced.

Simply put, the impound garages are unreliable storage places... unless you put in the work. And, that begs the question...

Is it really worth it?

For me, uh, yes. Definitely. I just hope I can make it to "Verdant Meadows" without any mishaps. (Made it sans difficulty.)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

Did you happen you keep any notes on missions that tend to cause trouble, or is it pretty much a constant watch from one mission to the next? I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to try to track the missions to beware of or to look up the radius that needs to be avoided.

hooney
  • hooney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:40 PM Edited by hooney, 13 April 2008 - 10:11 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Apr 8 2008, 09:37)
Did you happen you keep any notes on missions that tend to cause trouble, or is it pretty much a constant watch from one mission to the next? I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to try to track the missions to beware of or to look up the radius that needs to be avoided.

Initially, I started some notation, but after completing "Drive-Thru" where I lost both impounded choppers (probably from doing collectibles and changing vehicles frequently), I thought that it was impossible to maintain vehicles at the impound and just too much of a hassle... traveling by foot to mission markers, checking on my vehicles at the impound, etc. I momentarily lost hope.

Then, I reached "Gray Imports," and thought, "you know, I'm going to reacquire my lost choppers and EP/FP 'em... just to see if it was even possible." (It is.)

From then on, I began making trips to the impound before, during (when possible) and after missions. I noticed that for most missions, one vehicle was always impounded... even when I initiated the mission on foot and utilized no vehicles during the mission.

In fact, there was one particular mission ("Los Sepulcros," if I recall correctly) where I did some safe house garage management (moved my BP/FP Greenwood and a police car) after clearing the cache at the impound, and I found replicas of the vehicles I touched at the impound after completing "Reuniting the Families." (There was a non-proofed Greenwood and a Taxi (shares a platform with the Premier and Police car, I imagine)... weird.)

Oh, and there seems to be a mission command for some missions that will just impound any nearby vehicle parked or passing by, as there was this one instance... I noticed a lime-green Stratum driving by in a cutscene which disappeared after mission completion. Sure enough, it was there at the impound. Another mission had a parked Blista Compact in close proximity, and it appeared at the impound.

It's tedious, just recalling this information.

Yeah, so, I'm thinking that " constant watch " is ideal.

Quick note: I'm at San Fierro, doing some side missions (courier, NRG-500, Bloodring Bowl), and I thought that anything I do in SF will affect the SF impound. I cleared the LS impound of that extra vehicle that was there before I embarked on the SF side missions and went back after completing them. Yeah, so something I did in SF sent a vehicle to the LS impound... at least, that's what I believe.

I'd really like to believe that a car will just spawn in that "empty" space (yes, I realize there's a random spawn to the left of your vehicles in view) just to fill it.

Wait, does that happen normally at the impound?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:46 AM

Yes, there are several random spawns inside of the impound garage zone. One of the garages has something like 6 random spawns, but they are fairly close together so only one or two usually spawn at once. If you let the garage door open and close when you enter the impound lot then any random spawns will be impounded when the door closes; which I think will replace the oldest vehicle.

If you hug the wall of the LSPD impound you can hold the door open all the way to the impound zone. The SF impound is particularly nasty. I can't find a way to hold the door open. The only way I can keep from opening the door while entering is to scrape CJ across the ceiling with a jetpack, which isn't terrible practical. Also, bikes that are impounded at the SF impound spawn in the ceiling were you can't see them, so you won't even know what replaced your vehicles and may not clear enough room for the next impound.

The best option I can find is to edit the garage definitions so on new saves the floor just a tad lower so the bike spawn normally, and the ceiling and wall was moved a little farther from the entrance so it's possible to enter and exit without opening the door.

That's the other thing. Be careful on the way out after checking the cars. If the door opens and CJ isn't watching they'll vanish without even spawning (if they spawned they would have detonated the missiles I installed all over the impound zone).

But I am curious about you duplication trick. Random cars on the road should vanish with the clear area commands, but I'd be surprised if they were impounded if CJ hadn't be driving them. If the cars were duplicated I would expect things like proofing, nos count, mods, rims and paintjobs to also be duplicated. Or, try duping something like a Hotknife, Turismo, or Bullet that never spawn randomly as a parked car.

The impounded vehicles should go to the closest impound. There seems to be a minimum range, but that shouldn't be a factor unless you shuffle the garage assignments around. I'm guessing the strange results can be explained by the "Feeding" part of the topic title.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (hooney @ Mar 30 2008, 02:49)
GTA Phreak, I thought that I could use your method for the News Chopper, thinking that it's slightly smaller in size, and I'd be able to shove the thing in a garage, but I had no success.  I mean, at least with the Police Maverick, I was finally able to get the garage door to close (never had success in removing it from the garage with the Tow Truck), and that thing is ostensibly larger.

I can get them in easily enough.
Push them until the rotor mast is against the garage and then ram them the rest of the way with a car at speed.

The News Chopper came out easily with the Towtruck but my Police Maverick is miserably stuck, the Towtruck is only burning rubber.
Interestingly the rotor can spin inside the garage.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:15 AM

Only "found this" now - great topic, OrionSR. Will check this out.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:22 PM Edited by rubregg, 29 April 2009 - 11:16 AM.

So I finally got round to playing with the impounds a bit.

Has anyone tried placing chipstacks to mark the impound garage boundaries? There's more weirdness there: the chipstacks are partly invisible (confused me an awful lot).

Bottom line:

LS Impound: chipstacks only visible from a long distance (more distance needed than for closing the garage 'door')
user posted image

SF Impound: chipstacks always visible
user posted image

LV Impound: chipstacks always invisible (not enough space for necessary distance?)
I only got these to display by tweaking: I ended the impound thread 'IMPND_L' which (among other things) gets rid of the doors to the impound lots. When I enter the LV impound via the SE door, there's a small spot where I'm getting glitchy graphics but can see the chipstacks.
user posted image

Note: chipstacks in images don't mark the exact borders but have all been moved inwards to avoid in-wall placement.

CODE
# impounds.ipl
# chipstacks marking the CG Impound Garages

inst

# LS Impound garage
# 1523.92 , -1653.23 , 4.72837 , 1556.92 , -1653.23 , 1523.92 , -1633.23 , 12.2284 , 5, 33, imp_la  // LS Impound garage
1877, chip_stack02, 0, 1526.92 , -1650.23 , 6.72837 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1877, chip_stack02, 0, 1553.92 , -1650.23 , 6.72837 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 1526.92 , -1636.23 , 6.72837 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 1553.92 , -1636.23 , 6.72837 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 1526.92 , -1650.23 , 10.2284 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 1553.92 , -1650.23 , 10.2284 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 1526.92 , -1636.23 , 10.2284 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1878, chip_stack03, 0, 1553.92 , -1636.23 , 10.2284 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1880, chip_stack05, 0, 1540.42 , -1643.23 , 8.47839 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1

# SF Impound garage (tweaked)
# -1652.78 , 647.502 ,  -6.04924 , -1617.92 , 647.502 , -1652.78 , 671.973 , 0.713446 , 4, 34, imp_sf  // SF Impound garage (orig.)
# -1652.78 , 647.502 ,  -6.13751 , -1617.92 , 647.502 , -1652.78 , 666.7   , -1.4     , 4, 34, imp_sf  // SF Impound garage (tweaked)
1877, chip_stack02, 0, -1649.78 , 650.502 , -4.13751 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1877, chip_stack02, 0, -1620.92 , 650.502 , -4.13751 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, -1649.78 , 663.7 , -4.13751 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, -1620.92 , 663.7 , -4.13751 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, -1649.78 , 650.502 , -3.4 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, -1620.92 , 650.502 , -3.4 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, -1649.78 , 663.7 , -3.4 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1878, chip_stack03, 0, -1620.92 , 663.7 , -3.4 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1880, chip_stack05, 0, -1635.0  , 657.0 , -4.0 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1

# LV Impound garage
# 2218.06 , 2448.06 , -8.43807 , 2234.47 , 2448.06 , 2218.06 , 2467.56 , -1.5463 , 5, 35, imp_lv
1877, chip_stack02, 0, 2221.06 , 2451.06 , -6.43807 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1877, chip_stack02, 0, 2231.47 , 2451.06 , -6.43807 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 2221.06 , 2464.56 , -6.43807 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 2231.47 , 2464.56 , -6.43807 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 2221.06 , 2451.06 , -3.5463 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 2231.47 , 2451.06 , -3.5463 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1882, chip_stack01, 0, 2221.06 , 2464.56 , -3.5463 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1878, chip_stack03, 0, 2231.47 , 2464.56 , -3.5463 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1
1880, chip_stack05, 0, 2226.0  , 2457.5 , -5.0 , 0, 0, 0, 1, -1

end

Edit: fixed image links

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Dec 31 2007, 01:54)
Impounding Side Missions

• Pimping - radius 30.0 around Idlewood Broadway spawn
  • Lowrider Game - radius 200.0 around Unity? (untested)
  • Export Ship - radius 9.0 imp, 20.0 exp, not the exported vehicle
  • Trucking - radius 30.0/50/100 (different subroutines) at the RS Haul Asset (untested)
  • Driving School - radius 300.0
  • Quarry - radius 1000.0 around quarry asset
  • Boat School - radius 1000.0 around Boat School
  • Bike School - radius 300.0 around school
  • Flight School - radius 300/500 (untested)
  • Triathlons - radius 1000001.0 around... doesn't matter
Other Impounders

• Emerald Isle Car Park (change floors or leave building)

..found another one:
  • Beefy Baron - radius 1000.0 around Zero's Shop

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

LV impound is very usefull during creation the master save.
I sent Turismo there, saved, then started to work on geting it out of the restricted 4 star territory. So I dont have to cruse around LV, waiting for that thing to spawn, after every failure...
And I like to send NRG-500 to LV impound after I stop using it. So the next time I wont have to struggle with that difficult jump, every time I need a good bike up there.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

Does anybody else tried to get Rustler into LS impoud?
For me it always spawns like that:

It killed all my hopes of obtaining EP/FP Rustler...

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (pomor @ Nov 30 2008, 15:07)
Does anybody else tried to get Rustler into LS impoud?
For me it always spawns like that: (...)

I just tried it, and I got the same results as you.
I could fix it by raising the z coordinate of the impound floor from 4.72837 (orig. value) to 5.08. This made the Rustler spawn normally. I haven't tried other planes yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users