Photo

Saving sent PMs

3 replies to this topic
Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:48 PM

I have a suggestion. When you send a PM to someone, a copy will automatically be sent to your outbox. You can uncheck that, but what if it's unchecked by default? Would save people from going back and sorting and deleting all their sent Pm's. Don't you think sent PMs from people who don't know it's saved automatically, clutter up the database?

And for my second suggestion: If you report a post via the link that's next to it, the one who does that after you gets a denial screen. But now I'm wondering, after a post has been reported, why not replace the link with something like "Already Reported". It's not a problem now, but what if when the server starts mucking up again and we'll have slowness?

Think about it.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Direct! @ Dec 22 2007, 20:18)
I have a suggestion. When you send a PM to someone, a copy will automatically be sent to your outbox. You can uncheck that, but what if it's unchecked by default? Would save people from going back and sorting and deleting all their sent Pm's. Don't you think sent PMs from people who don't know it's saved automatically, clutter up the database?

The fact that only 250 messages can be stored is an indication that even if your inbox is full, it won't clutter up the database. That's why the limit is 250.
I think, earlier, the limit was a lot more. But perhaps, due to the very same reason that you have stated, it was cut down to 250. So, I don't think this suggestion will go anywhere.

And for my second suggestion: If you report a post via the link that's next to it, the one who does that after you gets a denial screen. But now I'm wondering, after a post has been reported, why not replace the link with something like "Already Reported". It's not a problem now, but what if when the server starts mucking up again and we'll have slowness?

This might be a good suggestion, but I don't think that the staff wants a member to know that his topic/post has been reported. I think it's just so that the member whose post has been reported doesn't feel bad about it. sigh.gif

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Dec 22 2007, 16:10)

The fact that only 250 messages can be stored is an indication that even if your inbox is full, it won't clutter up the database. That's why the limit is 250.
I think, earlier, the limit was a lot more. But perhaps, due to the very same reason that you have stated, it was cut down to 250. So, I don't think this suggestion will go anywhere.

This might be a good suggestion, but I don't think that the staff wants a member to know that his topic/post has been reported. I think it's just so that the member whose post has been reported doesn't feel bad about it. sigh.gif

True but still anyone can click the report link and see that it had been reported already.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

I think the only things against the second suggestion are the effort involved in removing it without screwing anything else up, and the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" thing.

As for the first, I don't get so many PMs that it'd really matter, but maybe that's just me. I've been here just over three years and have only had my inbox become filled like three times. The last time I archived and deleted all my PMs was in July of last year, and I've still got like 50% free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users