GTA 1: Missing Missions?

6 replies to this topic
GTAUserII
  • GTAUserII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

Hey,

I was going back to play some old school Grand Theft Auto 1 (GTA) for PC when I noticed that in the "Classics Collection" of GTA 1 there were some edits to two missions.

1. A mission I remember in Liberty City was some guy asked you to hijack a train and then blew it up while you were in it claiming it was for God. Then when you started back at the hospital the guy apologized saying he was really high and gave you a cash reward.

I checked several gamefaq forums and strategy guide websites and could find no information on this mission.

2. In addition, there was another mission involving assassinating the mayor (or maybe it just had something to with the mayor) I don't exactly remember, but it had something to do with the mayor.

I found no information on this aswell.

I went back and checked an older CD-Image of GTA that I had and found these missions were not there either. I suspect that they must have only been in either the very first release of GTA 1 (PC) for DOS or in the very first windows version of GTA 1. However, I can not even find a version history on this game.

All I was able to find was a note made on a FAQ on www.gamefaqs.com referring to the above two missions being missing on the PSX version of GTA but were on the PC version, here is the quote from the FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs....le/197476/22224),

Vehicle: Counthash
Coordinates: ( 67, 60)

Unfortunately, this mission is not in the Playstation version, although you
still get a message that it's there when you collect the Information Point
on Law Island. According to my PC owning friend, the mission is either the
Blow Up A Train For God Mission or a mission involving the mayor or mayor's
wife (?).

Can anyone at least remember these missions?

And does anyone still have an older version of GTA that actually has these missions?

Thanks,

-GTAUserII

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:34 PM Edited by Sektor, 21 December 2007 - 06:29 PM.

I don't remember it but it has been a long time. This is in my english.fxt (viewed with fxtpad):

[1441]I got a new job for ya if you want it. Otherwise, get the hell outta my car, asshole!
[1370]It is time! We will show the world that I am the one true God! Take the next train from the Island Heights subway station.
[1371]The train is packed with explosives. I bid you farewell...
[1372]The day of judgement is at hand! Streets will run red with the blood of the saved! Stay on the train! Die well!

One of these messages is displayed depending on how you fail:

[1374]Only the righteous shall be saved! You! You are a sh*thead and bound for Hell!
[1375]Cowardice is a mortal SIN! I shall strip thy flesh and cast you down!

GTAUserII
  • GTAUserII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:34 PM Edited by Sektor, 21 December 2007 - 06:23 PM.

Hey,

Yea, that definitely sounds like the mission. Any idea how to get to the mission? Is it a secret car I have to find and get in, if so which?

Also, do you have a version of GTA that actually has this mission in it?

Thanks,

-GTAUserII

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:56 PM Edited by Sektor, 21 December 2007 - 07:53 PM.

It's a parked red car at co-ordinates 168,139 on Liberty City Chapter 2 (North East of level starting location). Enter the porkcharsui as your name, rename to whatever and then push C to display current co-ordinates.

user posted image

You have to lose a life to successfully complete the mission.

[4004]WASTED!
[1373]Sorry about that, kid. I was kinda screwed on sh*t. Impressed you made it, man.

I'm pretty sure I have the http://rockstargames.com/classics downloadable version installed. I have a few other versions of GTA1, I'll compare the mission files sometime.

GTAUserII
  • GTAUserII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:03 PM Edited by GTAUserII, 23 December 2007 - 06:28 PM.

Hey,

Thanks so much for the information, I was able to find the mission at the coordinates you listed (which is in SouthWest Estoria). The mission is indeed on my CD-Image backup of Grand Theft Auto 1 for Windows PC. In addition, I confirmed the mission is also in the rereleased version of Grand Theft Auto 1 for PC (Windows) as part of the "Grand Theft Auto: Classics Collection" (one of the advantages to this release is the compatibility with Windows XP).

I have not confirmed yet this mission is in the freeware downloadable version of Grand Theft Auto 1 available off the Rockstar website, but my guess is that it's in there. When I get around to it I will check it out.

In anycase since the mission is an extra one outside of the listed 12 missions in Liberty City 2 - Heist Almighty--I'll post some images about the mission,

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The text for the mission as pulled from the english.fxt (viewed with fxtpad):

Information on the mission:

[1441]I got a new job for ya if you want it. Otherwise, get the hell outta my car, asshole!
[1370]It is time! We will show the world that I am the one true God! Take the next train from the Island Heights subway station.
[1371]The train is packed with explosives. I bid you farewell...
[1372]The day of judgement is at hand! Streets will run red with the blood of the saved! Stay on the train! Die well!

Depending how you fail:

[1374]Only the righteous shall be saved! You! You are a sh*thead and bound for Hell!
or
[1375]Cowardice is a mortal SIN! I shall strip thy flesh and cast you down!

Completing the Mission:

[4004]WASTED!
[1373]Sorry about that, kid. I was kinda screwed on sh*t. Impressed you made it, man.

Mission Pay: $50,000

Mission Note: You actually have to die on this mission to pass it--so you lose a life completing this mission.

Thanks,

-GTAUserII

jahskillz
  • jahskillz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

I have not confirmed yet this mission is in the freeware downloadable version of Grand Theft Auto 1 available off the Rockstar website, but my guess is that it's in there. When I get around to it I will check it out.

I've just played it via the downloadable one, it can be picked in Liberty City Ch: 2 which is Heist Almighty. xmas.gif

2. In addition, there was another mission involving assassinating the mayor (or maybe it just had something to with the mayor) I don't exactly remember, but it had something to do with the mayor.

hmm that one sounds familiar to me as well. it might be existed on one of the hidden phones in Vice City:Bent Cop Blues part. i'll check this one out.. icon14.gif

Gustavob
  • Gustavob

Martian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

man this topic is like 3 years old :\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users