When posting a problem, be sure to include the following information about your computer:
- Operating system (Windows users: be sure to mention if you have Vista/XP/7/8, and which Service Pack you have)
- Video/Graphics card type + graphics memory
- RAM (random access memory)
- If you have installed mods, search or post a topic in this forum
This will help us to identify the problem.
Please post modding questions in the modding forums!
gta 3 and vista help
Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:39 PM
When i start it up, it goes black and then quits and has a message come up that says "gta3.exe has stopped working".
I have tried everything i have looked up and so for nothing is seeming to work.
Is there any way to fix this?
- ItTy BiTty Dee
Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:03 PM
1. Alright, first you run the game in Windows 98/Me compatibility mode.
2. Since GTAIII crashed, it's almost likely Vista didn't close the process down automatically. So go into Task Manager and remove the "gta3.exe" process out of memory.
3. All you have to do now is to delete the [.set] file and then launch the game.
Note: Always check if there's anything running in memory as if the process hasn't ended, you are not allowed to neither launch the same program again (if it launches then it's bound to crash during the loading screen) nor copy and paste files.
^ You could also restart computer or log out and then back in, but that'll take time when there is a manual way of removing the process already.
Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:37 PM
@ gtamodder: im not sure how
EDIT: nevermind, i got it working thanks to Ring_of_Fire
EDIT2: or it doesnt work again.
EDIT3: it works, there was just a txd curruption i fixed
Edited by ITBTD, 18 December 2007 - 11:08 PM.
Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:04 AM
Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:17 AM
WHEN ALL ALONG I COULDNT GET PAST THE START SCREEN ON GTA 3 IT WAS CAUSE VISTA HAS A HIDDEN ADMINSRATER ACCOUNT THAT IS WHY IT WOULDNT RUN IF U UNHIDE ADDMINSTRATER ACCOUNT AND UNINSTALL GTA 3 THEN LOG ON AS ADMIN AND REINSTALL RUNS LIKE A CHARM http://maximumpcguid...-administrator/
Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:09 AM
Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:35 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users