Quantcast

» «
Photo

gta 3 and vista help

8 replies to this topic
Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

Well, recently i have installed gta 3 on windows vista.

When i start it up, it goes black and then quits and has a message come up that says "gta3.exe has stopped working".

I have tried everything i have looked up and so for nothing is seeming to work.

Is there any way to fix this?
wink.gif
THANKS!

- ItTy BiTty Dee

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

Could you please tell us your system specs?

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

A common Vista problem for any GTA game except San Andreas, and very easy to fix:

1. Alright, first you run the game in Windows 98/Me compatibility mode.
2. Since GTAIII crashed, it's almost likely Vista didn't close the process down automatically. So go into Task Manager and remove the "gta3.exe" process out of memory.
3. All you have to do now is to delete the [.set] file and then launch the game.

Note: Always check if there's anything running in memory as if the process hasn't ended, you are not allowed to neither launch the same program again (if it launches then it's bound to crash during the loading screen) nor copy and paste files.

^ You could also restart computer or log out and then back in, but that'll take time when there is a manual way of removing the process already.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:37 PM Edited by ITBTD, 18 December 2007 - 11:08 PM.

@ Ring_of_Fire: i have tried that about 50 times after you said that and also i cant find the .set file confused.gif

@ gtamodder: im not sure how

EDIT: nevermind, i got it working thanks to Ring_of_Fire wink.gif

EDIT2: or it doesnt work again. confused.gif

EDIT3: it works, there was just a txd curruption i fixed lol.gif

Runcorn92
  • Runcorn92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

Can you explain to me how you fixed this problem, because i am experiencing the same thing.
Thanks.

slycaps
  • slycaps

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:17 AM

Problem solved all u vista users yes i said solved from a white trash redneck who was so pissed at microsoft
WHEN ALL ALONG I COULDNT GET PAST THE START SCREEN ON GTA 3 IT WAS CAUSE VISTA HAS A HIDDEN ADMINSRATER ACCOUNT THAT IS WHY IT WOULDNT RUN IF U UNHIDE ADDMINSTRATER ACCOUNT AND UNINSTALL GTA 3 THEN LOG ON AS ADMIN AND REINSTALL RUNS LIKE A CHARM http://maximumpcguid...-administrator/

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

Do you think he care's?

GTATommyVercetti
  • GTATommyVercetti

Hey! .................Do I know you??!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

The same thing happens to me when I start any game. Like my NFS World game, can't even get past the start screen.

slycaps12
  • slycaps12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:35 AM

Problem solved vista users vista has hidden admin account hiden by microsft for spyware protection but u google unhiden vista admin account and unhide it and install gta 3 on that account it will run fine i am on a hp 235 dx laptop nothing special not even a navda video card it still plays fine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users