Photo

[Alpha|Test] SA Gfx

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,109 replies to this topic
morsolo
  • morsolo

The Cake is a lie!!!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:07 AM Edited by morsolo, 07 November 2007 - 01:10 AM.

Yay, the site's back up!
*Downloads the whole Directory* smile.gif

DAMN! Talk about a result! This is what I got from the 'sa_lighting.asi' and 'sa_vehcubemap.asi'.
I used ParoXum's "Hall" cubemap.

These are re-sized images from 1680x1050, If you want a full scale image to be uploaded, just tell me.
My net is VERY slow, So I'm not going to upload 6 big images. If you ask for 1 (or 2) then I will smile.gif

Also I dipped into your SAgfxHack's SpecSync DexX, it gives awesome results biggrin.gif
I was using 1680x1050x32 resolution and 3xAA - That's what I play on, I'm not just making the images nice smile.gif

Custom Car / Rainy Weather / Midnight (00:00)
user posted image
user posted image

Custom Car / Sunny Weather / Midday (12:00)
user posted image
user posted image

Default Car / Sunny Weather / Midday (12:00)
user posted image
user posted image

Looking over my images, is there a way to get detailed car shadows? Or is that controlled in the car models?
And, just a small question, is there a mod or texture edit to remove all 'Burn out' smoke and clouds from the game? I hate them and they just lower my FPS...

maa253
  • maa253

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:09 AM

to get better shadows you can use the d3d9 file from Gostown map mod

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (morsolo @ Nov 7 2007, 04:07)
And, just a small question, is there a mod or texture edit to remove all 'Burn out' smoke and clouds from the game? I hate them and they just lower my FPS...

Try replacing particlesa from prticle.txd to 1x1 pixels image with black alpha (i don't know does SA can support images which are 1x1 pixels).

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:13 PM

ok, i would have posted sooner, but i've been busy making great strides in the development of this mod (i have read all your responses). for the last week or so i've been busy working on replacing as much of the vehicle rendering code as i can. and i've finally succeeded. The old method simply changed a few variables, this code is all new, and my own. What does this mean? i'll show you;
user posted image
Bump mapped vehicles (NOT normal maps! There is a difference.)

user posted image
Wireframe rendering (i've always wanted this, don't ask why. i don't have an answer...)

Unseen:
-explicit alpha control, including source and destination blendmodes, testing and reference values (so alpha channel textures don't have to be rendered the same way as the trees in the game, which destroys a good portion of the image)
-Essentially anything the fixed-function pipeline is capable of doing in d3d9, can be used in my material code.

Problems:
The main problem, as seen with the bump map image, is getting the effect to look right. By default, vehicles were never meant to be bump mapped, and there is no provision (In Kam's material anyway) for adding a bump map. Right now the diffuse texture is also the bump map, and it uses the same UV coordinates. This has mixed results, with more on the negative side than the positive (will add more screens later).
In any case, to make full use of the mod, vehicles will have to be re-exported. i'll include some default stuff so that every vehicle is...'improved', but authors willing to re-export their models will have much better results.

Release? yea i don't know when. every time i set a date, i miss it. however your odds of beta-testing go waaaaaaay up if you see me on irc wink.gif

myster92
  • myster92

The automaster

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:32 AM Edited by myster92, 10 November 2007 - 09:57 AM.

IT IS VERY COOL!! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif
I WANT THIS NOW!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
OR I want to be a beta-tester

Can you apply to water of reflection and bump?

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

wow... you're the best dude... really awesome, we love you all!

morsolo
  • morsolo

The Cake is a lie!!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:05 AM

Hahahaha @ the Wireframe, that would be so funny smile.gif

The bump map looks very promising!
I wish I had the coding skills to help you but I'm no where near as good...

*Gets on IRC and waits for Beta testing chances wink.gif *

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

Alright, great step forward you did here.

For the bump map using the same UVWS as the diffuse, there's no problems. I'd say, the bump need to be a static object feature, more than a vehicle one. But i don't know if it's possible to render it on static instances.

As usual it'll need testing on ATi GFX cards, to check if everything's fine. As for the Kam gta material, maybe we don't need it anymore. Its already possible to uv map and export static objects with default materials(where a bump section is default), i know it works for cars, but never tried it seriously.

Keep up the leet machine wink.gif

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

This really pwns smile.gif I like the wireframe thingy.. Maybe something to speed up the game? tounge.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

For the bump map using the same UVWS as the diffuse, there's no problems.

I'm talking about the default R* vehicles, where that dirty bodymap image is stretched across the surface of the materials, producing ugly-ass results like this (Note the hood);
user posted image
barf8bd.gif
To R*'s credit, all the vehicles that have paintjobs look great, because their UVs aren't stretched to kingdom-com. and how do you spell kingdom-com anyway?
I'd say, the bump need to be a static object feature, more than a vehicle one. But i don't know if it's possible to render it on static instances.

one way or another, it should be possible. but i have 2 major concerns;
1. the static geometry material system is used by nearly every object in the game, except peds and vehicles. which means every object you want a bump map on will have to be re-exported.
2. The method i'm using for vehicles produces a bumpy-looking effect, by combining the bumpmap, with a reflection map. reflection maps require the object to have normals, and every object that has normals in Rw, gets dynamic lighting, and you already know as well as i do how bad that looks for (big) map objects.

Can you apply to water of reflection and bump?

I definitely want to, but the water is handled much differently than the other objects. that might be a ways off until i know more about the water rendering system.

1stgenLX-Turbo
  • 1stgenLX-Turbo

Dude0 Head Crew Mapper

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:01 AM

Just eliminate the dirt from the vehicles.txd so that the dirt doesnt show up on the cars

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:06 AM

read my post about how it works though; the body texture (dirt) is also being used for the bump image. if i clean the dirt image, there won't be any bump effect (on vehicles that use that image anyway).

until a tool or method is publicly available for re-exporting cars with a bumpmap in the material, this will have to do.

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

Edit the dirt image so it shows up better?

1stgenLX-Turbo
  • 1stgenLX-Turbo

Dude0 Head Crew Mapper

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:41 PM Edited by 1stgenLX-Turbo, 11 November 2007 - 08:43 PM.

DexX
Well I have your tweak installed on a modded game with no dirt image so I have no idea what bumps I am missing exactly, so you would probably know best.

ikt
I mean opening up the vehicle.txd and importing a new image for the dirt so that the dirt is eliminated.

JostVice
  • JostVice

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

1stgenLX-Turbo: DexX didnt release yet the bumpmaps tounge.gif

DexX: thats very hard... having to re-export map objects to get bumps on them...

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

Not a problem for TCs such like Gostown. Can be down very quickly.

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (DexX @ Nov 10 2007, 18:36)
"because their UVs aren't stretched to kingdom-com. and how do you spell kingdom-com anyway?

Kingdom Come, it means "until the heavenly Kingdom comes"

A figure of speech used by christians to say "damn, taking long enough!" or "I'll blow you that far into the future wink.gif

I have nothing else contructive to add :x

That wireframe is quite interesting.

-derty

GTAdedan
  • GTAdedan

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:16 PM Edited by DexX, 15 November 2007 - 06:38 PM.

Don't ask for that, and don't ask for a pm to it.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

oh god, now i've really done it. i'm going to hell for sure. shader-based per-pixel lighting?! i think so!
user posted image
The effect is actually best demonstrated on the sidewall of the tire. note the specular hilight that is occuring where there is no vertex.

user posted image
The side of the merit shows off the effect pretty well. keep in mind how smooth the specular hilight is, against the low-poly geometry of the default R* cars.

renderstates, vertex-lighting and other fixed-function atrocities are going right out the window.

JP3
  • JP3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

It is possible to associate the file cull.ipl to cubmap?
If it is, you can create reflections of the environment in the texture of the vehicles as the floor of the Transfender!
Programmers now is with you!
The file cull.ipl!

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:45 AM

You are genious!
Hail for that.

Somebody902
  • Somebody902

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

When is the per-pixel lighting mod going to be released?

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

We've found our God, definatly. Wow, like a noob i'm going to CHEER tounge2.gif

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

Could someone reupload this thing? The link in the first post doesn't work.

JostVice
  • JostVice

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

Awesome!! you're the f*cking god biggrin.gif

Darecki
  • Darecki

a.k.a LinkinDark

• Members

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:15 PM

Yes, you're the God biggrin.gif Please, upload this!! smile.gif

JP3
  • JP3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:20 PM Edited by JP3, 25 November 2007 - 05:29 PM.

Possible solution: transform the cubemap in a file as well as cull.ipl with coordinates of reflexes in the texture.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:39 PM

What are these cubemaps? that means no REAL-TIME reflections in SA?

JP3
  • JP3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

"What are these cubemaps? that means no REAL-TIME reflections in SA?"
>>

Cubemaps are images!
My idea was to transform the file cubemap in a file as the cull.ipl that generates reflexes in coordinates given that the case was always the texture generating a REAL-TIME. As in the transfender!
Ok

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (JP3 @ Nov 25 2007, 17:48)
"What are these cubemaps? that means no REAL-TIME reflections in SA?"
>>

Cubemaps are images!
My idea was to transform the file cubemap in a file as the cull.ipl that generates reflexes in coordinates given that the case was always the texture generating a REAL-TIME. As in the transfender!
Ok

Ah...Transfender has Real-time reflections? I never noticed. But aren't they already coded into the game,in houses,to make it look like polished floors?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users