• Ukraine

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

how 2 fix that?
HFyN862.jpg

RaiL11
  • RaiL11

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:01 AM Edited by RaiL11, 17 May 2017 - 12:04 AM.

It's actually not. The same method doesn't crash the game when this mod is not installed. I just make the crash happen faster this way.

You also missed the part where I said that the game crashes anyway at random, during gameplay or often even if you pause once. So essentially this mod appears to make the game completely unstable.

It's not the mod fault, you messed something in files, as you said(?) or maybe you have some incompatible version(Steam for example). No one had this problem here, you can read whole this thread :p .

You also missed the part where I said that the game crashes anyway at random, during gameplay or often even if you pause once. So essentially this mod appears to make the game completely unstable.

Made 100% with this mod without any random crashes. Used only HQ cars tough not whole mod.

I had no crashes too.

how 2 fix that

Maybe you forgot to replace the line in default.ide?

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:31 AM

Yes your wheel size is too big for the rhino you need to make them smaller through the IDE. Collision files could be the cause of some crashes I remember the coach collision file was a bit over elaborate

• ΣΓ likes this

Ian Hunter
  • Ian Hunter

Erika

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

Talking about that, I was wondering because everytime I use the coach, the game always crash

• ΣΓ likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:49 AM

Yes your wheel size is too big for the rhino you need to make them smaller through the IDE. Collision files could be the cause of some crashes I remember the coach collision file was a bit over elaborate

I may just try using the default cols but it might look weird (I think I used to do this and Claude would clip through certain parts of some vehicles).

spartaque12
  • spartaque12

Trick

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:04 AM Edited by spartaque12, 17 May 2017 - 11:04 AM.

how 2 fix that

Maybe you forgot to replace the line in default.ide?

what kinda line , if i installed car for III on VC ?

i tried 2 change wheel size , didnt helped 

what kinda size i tried everything , nothing fit 

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

obrzygane rzygi

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

BTW, what exactly did you install? Did you also keep the extras from VC? What happens if you spam the escape key 10-20 times? It's a stupid question because you would have noticed a crash by now. My game is extremely unstable but it might be a combination of things perhaps but removing the HD vehicles solves the problem completely.

I used only dffs and txds + VC cars. Maybe try that way or even without the VC cars.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Yep. I distinctly remember doing the same but then I thought about using the collision files and stats from the mod to make the vehicles work as intended. I don't remember experiencing crashes like this initially. I will investigate.

monster875.
  • monster875.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hello OP. when you're done with your Savannah, would it be possible to send me the 3d model in an OBJ or MAX file? :) i'd like to make some renders of it. possibly also other cars from you with similar quality

RaiL11
  • RaiL11

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:20 AM

what kinda line , if i installed car for III on VC ? i tried 2 change wheel size , didnt helped

Dunno, which number was what for, long time i wasn't modding 3 or Vice, so i just don't remember it anymore. You should keep trying modyfing the numbers that are wheels: type(one XXX number if i remember correctly) and size(two numbers XX, and YY, divided by colon(?), if i remember correctly). Search the forum, there is thread somewhere, in which someone made tutorial for modyfing default.ide, there is every number explained.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

Custom cols don't cause the crash I'm experiencing. Pausing the game still crashes my game with these vehicles installed even with the default vehicles.col. I will investigate the matter further in a day or two.

RaiL11
  • RaiL11

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:29 AM Edited by RaiL11, 01 June 2017 - 02:05 PM.

Custom cols don't cause the crash I'm experiencing. Pausing the game still crashes my game with these vehicles installed even with the default vehicles.col. I will investigate the matter further in a day or two.

It could be the Enforcer, that OP made a lot bigger than the original one(IMO it was bad idea, because of all the problems that it made, and actually changing R* vision of the game  ;) ), and there are some problems with this car in game because of that. NPCs cannot get in the back of this car(this one can cause the crash, i guess), and the lights/siren don't fit to the model(this one, i dont think so). Even the bigger size can cause the crash, because collision model don't fit the 3d model then. I would start from here, then i'd check all other cars that are some kind different than the original ones. Maybe at first you should try removing all added cars(if you didn't try this already), in all files, and then check it. These are my ideas, where to start looking from ;) . Good luck.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

Enforcer spawns with no problems. The crashes are seemingly random.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

the enforcer collision file was exactly the same as the original just scaled up. I do remember crashes with the coach occasionally because that collision file was highly modified. I dont even have III installed on my PC anymore, I would suggest replacing the coach collision file with the original and see if the crashes stop.

Ian Hunter
  • Ian Hunter

Erika

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

Well, a month ago I made a new GTA III Collision, the difference is that it has 8 by Onepiece and 4 by GTA Vice CIty.

By Onepiece:

- Landstalker was changed because when hit the bumpers, does are not damaged.

- Fire Truck was changed because in the HD version, when hit in any part of the vehicle, does are not damaged correctly.

- Mr. Whoopee was changed because when hit in any part of the vehicle, does are not damaged.

- BF Injection was changed because when hit the bonnet, does are not damaged.

- Enforcer was changed because in the HD version, is a little bigger than the original.

- Securicar was changed because the same as the Landstalker.

- Rhino was changed because in the HD version, when you drive always stopping against the ground.

- Ztype was agreged as new collision.

Note: Coach collision by Onepiece was removed because the game always crashes.

By GTA Vie City:

- Oceanic was agreged as new collision.

- Hermes was agreged as new collision.

- Sabre Turbo was agreged as new collision.

- Deluxo was agreged as new collision.

RaiL11
  • RaiL11

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:52 AM

the enforcer collision file was exactly the same as the original just scaled up.(...)

And it still made some problems, like not working back doors (NPC's cannot get in the back of this car), so i think it can cause some crashes. OFC that's only my hypothesis, dunno what's the reason of crashes. Could be the Coach for sure, or maybe the BUS that has only one door? :p Like i said, i would start looking from the cars that are different than the original ones.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:57 AM Edited by unopieceo, 06 June 2017 - 11:57 AM.

I dontremember if i made the bus enterable or not but if I did that might have caused problems. III is such a simple game when a collision file is too complex it can cause crashes. Anyways,

INGAME SAVANNA PICS

3wyjnNE.jpg

zAR6RIY.jpg

bIT0fH0.jpg

jks its some random mod I just found using a mashup of my old parts. is that the cabbie interior?

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Ivan1997GTA like this

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

But for real, some guys have been converting my models to GTA4 and they look awesome. I hope to make a fuller collection and release it at some point. I have so many half converted models for IV its a joke.

269098-2015-05-26-00012.jpg

269430-2015-05-28-00004.jpg

261520-GTAIV-2015-04-13-18-17-41-32.jpg

268346-2015-05-21-00003.jpg

269017-2015-05-26-00004.jpg

268347-2015-05-21-00004.jpg

180908-GTAIV-2014-04-23-19-37-40-00.jpg

• yojc, GTAKid667, universetwisters and 1 other like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:24 PM Edited by _CP_, 06 June 2017 - 11:26 PM.

@unopieceo
I could try to have fun with your Savanna and grab it to GTA V.
  • Voit Turyv likes this

RaiL11
  • RaiL11

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:29 PM Edited by RaiL11, 06 June 2017 - 11:35 PM.

I dontremember if i made the bus enterable or not but if I did that might have caused problems. III is such a simple game when a collision file is too complex it can cause crashes.

You wanted to made it one door car(like the real one that BUS was based on), and that ofc its not possible in GTA3, so when you try to enter from the side that doesn't have the door Claude just goes through :p . I have no idea why you kept it like that, but it was ofc your decision. That could make some problems, the door model is missing, so is the damaged door model and things like that.

I have so many half converted models for IV its a joke.

Yeah, AFAIK not even single your car was converted well, all of them: has broken dmg model/weird looking wheels(or even they left some original wheels from IV, without converting the ones you made)/are too glossy/with incorrect shading/missing spec maps, and stuff. Would be nice to have these cars in IV, but converted well, not like that.

I hope to make a fuller collection and release it at some point.

You can convert them all by yourself, we can wait a year, or 20 ;) .

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

I installed the cars to GTA III & the textures were mission, I tried deleting the txd files as instructed in the readme & just as the files started to rebuild on start up it crashed, is there a reason for this, I'm using windows 10 & I also had the ENB mod installed.

Thanks in advance.

~John~

zanesix
  • zanesix

M A L A K A

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by zanesix, 2 days ago.

Extract the vehicle dffs and textures from gta3.img using imgtool and then put them in a modloader folder.

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

Ave, true to Caesar!

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted A day ago

Or use IMG Factory instead, since it has more features than the outdated IMG Tool.

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Thankyou Zanesix & Jinx,

I will give that a try, used to use the IMG tool a lot back in the day :)

• Jinx. likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users