I'm going to be a father

71 replies to this topic
guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Dec 13 2007, 20:18)
QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 00:44)
i wish i had a dad

Not sure about your situation, but I'd like to take this chance to put my 2 cents in on the subject of dead beat dads.

They f*cking piss me off. Assholes who can't take responsibility and grow up, and take care of their child (or children). It's ridiculous how often I hear about people who either hate their fathers or that never see their father because he ran off. It's crap. I for one would never run away from such a responsibility, and I damn sure would never be a bad or irresponsible father. I'll do everything I can to make my kid(s) life as good as possible and treat them with the respect they deserve. All these dead beat dads have no excuse, it's all a lack of taking care of what you have to. Most of them are probably drunks who live in the sh*tty part of town in a sh*tty dirty apartment.

/end rant

Will you be my daddy?

Lol... I'm not being wierd and serious

But you get my point... sad.gif

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (G twenty-nine @ Dec 13 2007, 06:09)
Well, I always hear this "my child is out of control, what can I do?" And I believe a solution to this is to go back in time and raise your child right. I firmly believe that a child is not born with evil engraved into their mind, or any of that. I believe they become "evil" as a result of their parent's actions/inactions. A thing I know a lot of children don't have is a parent to be around a lot. I will be spending a lot of time with my son, he will be the most important thing in my life, not my job, not my house.. my son.

I know that most of you say it is impractical to make such assumptions, but I have very flexible work hours working at the ISP I do. This is probably the main reason I took that job.

One thing I hope is that I raise my child better than my aunt raised me (probably a goal of every father), and I have very throughly thought this through, and wrote it down. I promise this isn't a well thought out action. Me and my wife sat down and talked about this and made a general outline of what to do for about 3 months, before trying to get pregnant, and created a fund well before then which already has a very large amount of money in for our child.

Also to note (though some of you may not like this), I am an atheist, and will be raising my child without religion. Not to teach my child that religion is bad and God does not exist, but have my child process the data and make his own choices. This I think is a very important thing, because it gets children thinking logically at a very young age, which I believe will result in logical thinking throughout their lifetime.

One more thing, I will be teaching my child math at a very young age. Lots and lots of math. I love math smile.gif hopefully, he will too. Try and start calculus at age 9 or so.

Thanks for all of the positive replies so far. This is something my wife and I have really wanted to experience and it is becoming reality.

I like what you say.

Try to find a fun way to teach math to your kid, because most of my teachers failed at that, and I ended up hating math since the first time I saw it.

Having a great father around is great, I know that myself. My dad wasn't the kind of dad that changes diappers and stuff, but he gave me and my sister attention, and always cared about us. He was always there for us, and that's what matters =)

About the religion, I agree with you; I'm an atheist too and I plan to raise my kids without any religion, they'll choose one when they're old enough. And I don't care which one it is, as long as they don't become slaves icon14.gif

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Saget @ Dec 13 2007, 23:28)
Well, I always hear this "my child is out of control, what can I do?" And I believe a solution to this is to go back in time and raise your child right. I firmly believe that a child is not born with evil engraved into their mind, or any of that. I believe they become "evil" as a result of their parent's actions/inactions. A thing I know a lot of children don't have is a parent to be around a lot. I will be spending a lot of time with my son, he will be the most important thing in my life, not my job, not my house.. my son.

I know that most of you say it is impractical to make such assumptions, but I have very flexible work hours working at the ISP I do. This is probably the main reason I took that job.

One thing I hope is that I raise my child better than my aunt raised me (probably a goal of every father), and I have very throughly thought this through, and wrote it down. I promise this isn't a well thought out action. Me and my wife sat down and talked about this and made a general outline of what to do for about 3 months, before trying to get pregnant, and created a fund well before then which already has a very large amount of money in for our child.

Also to note (though some of you may not like this), I am an atheist, and will be raising my child without religion. Not to teach my child that religion is bad and God does not exist, but have my child process the data and make his own choices. This I think is a very important thing, because it gets children thinking logically at a very young age, which I believe will result in logical thinking throughout their lifetime.

One more thing, I will be teaching my child math at a very young age. Lots and lots of math. I love math smile.gif hopefully, he will too. Try and start calculus at age 9 or so.

Thanks for all of the positive replies so far. This is something my wife and I have really wanted to experience and it is becoming reality.

I like what you say.

Try to find a fun way to teach math to your kid, because most of my teachers failed at that, and I ended up hating math since the first time I saw it.

Having a great father around is great, I know that myself. My dad wasn't the kind of dad that changes diappers and stuff, but he gave me and my sister attention, and always cared about us. He was always there for us, and that's what matters =)

About the religion, I agree with you; I'm an atheist too and I plan to raise my kids without any religion, they'll choose one when they're old enough. And I don't care which one it is, as long as they don't become slaves icon14.gif

Good words Saget icon14.gif

Same here

And i don't have a dad purely because he never wanted to be one, when my mum told him she was pregnant, he just walked away, he abused all of us (i have a sister) and thinks hes a great dad and we're all horrible people. he's a f*ck i tell you. I was raised by my mum and haven't seen my dad for 10 months. I love my mum and i'm glad she finally got away from him. He's ruined my self worth though, he pushed me so far into the ground with degrading abuse i don't see myself as a good/worthy/beautiful person.

It's sad.. sad.gif

I'll be making sure i have children with the right person

I don't want my children to go through the pain i have

Nixon
  • Nixon

Tricky Dicky

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 11:10)
And i don't have a dad purely because he never wanted to be one, when my mum told him she was pregnant, he just walked away, he abused all of us (i have a sister) and thinks hes a great dad and we're all horrible people. he's a f*ck i tell you. I was raised by my mum and haven't seen my dad for 10 months. I love my mum and i'm glad she finally got away from him. He's ruined my self worth though, he pushed me so far into the ground with degrading abuse i don't see myself as a good/worthy/beautiful person.

It's sad.. sad.gif

If I ever came across a person like that, I would honest to God kill them. Really beat the sh*t out of the prick.

DemonKing
  • DemonKing

There's no love in your violence.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 11:10)
QUOTE (Saget @ Dec 13 2007, 23:28)

I like what you say.

Good words Saget icon14.gif

Same here

It's sad.. sad.gif

sounds like a prick

i dont know if i ever really want kids. when i do see them they get on my nerves

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

Due to my cynical nature, I have to ask this 'Are you in love with her?' 'Do you plan on marrying her?' 'Will you stay be her side no matter what happens?' 'Are you happy with your life?' 'Do you accept all responsibility for the action you have taken?' 'Do you love her?'

Congrats and all, but I think, according to your profile, that you are too young to start a family without first getting married, unless you are married then congratulations.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

Congraths.

After all these RIP and rememberal topics recently, which were pretty sad and they brought back the old memories,this comes and it made my day up(i dont know why but i just feel happy) icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Be a good father.Teach your kid video games and football.

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

Jaska colgate.gif Onneksi olkoon tulevalle isälle smile.gif

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (TheTank @ Dec 13 2007, 14:20)

Yeah, we could understand that.

Congratulations man, and good luck. icon14.gif

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:25 PM Edited by VCHolmes, 13 December 2007 - 02:30 PM.

Congrats. icon14.gif , and good luck.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (G twenty-nine @ Dec 13 2007, 03:09)

That's the Spirit! icon14.gif

I feel where your heart is and I like it.......you need all that, really you do and there is more....much more.

Paternal instinct is every bit as real as maternal instinct for one. Some of the most powerful stuff that has ever tapped me. I say tapped me because it is it that taps you and not vice versa if you have it in you and keep you central self running and it is one wild ride. Oh, sure you can look to the instinct and draw on it in need but for the most part you just happened and that is appearant, Paternal and Maternal instinct has been around for a long time and sometimes you have to let Reason do some of the work and direct the instincts or you will go crazy. I say this as an advisery and a flag for new parents so they can say to themselves with honesty,"These things are normal and I must learn to direct them so they serve our child and therefore us accordingly."

What instincts do such things include?

I have things in relation to this to share if you want them G twenty-niine if you decide you want them. You and your partner will/can become sensitive to each others instincts in regard to parenting by degree.

That first feeling I had when my child was born was not at all what I suspected and it took me over a year to understand why it was there and what it meant and to be thankful for it.

Fatherhood is an awesome experience and I suggest it to good men with repsonsible wives everywhere. It's one thing that will change your perspective and change your life and inspire an indescibable joy that returns again and again. You will never understand cool to the fullest until you hear the word,"daddy" and mother's the same is so with the word,"mommy" as I am assured and those little arms reaching out and grabbing you in confidence.

I think I am going to go look at mine right now while sleeping. Even that is a parental thing and it is neat because it isn't even strange.....every good parent checks on their kid(s) while they sleep. It is more than your right it is your duty.... smile.gif which is kinda funny because it is just so cool......

The freaking out about what you don't know is normal.....in fact that is part of the maternal/paternal instinct which means you need to listen to it and study and work at learning all the things that become neccissary with parenthoood. You have just started a new job and the requirements will test your limits and give you new ones while testing you strength and giving you new ones. This is irrefutable unless you are one of those looser dad's you were talking about earlier and we know your not so I am not even going to tell you to get ready because we know you are instead I am going to tell you,"Get used to it for not always knowing and learning on the fly is something that pertains to you from here on out....Dad." biggrin.gif

Any guess what that emotion I have spoken about was?

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:28 PM

Its nice this topic is going well.. Im being told in another topic that its good i had a miscarrige cause since im almost 17 my child would be deformed. What bullsh*t.. Congrats again dude..

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 09:28)
Its nice this topic is going well.. Im being told in another topic that its good i had a miscarrige cause since im almost 17 my child would be deformed. What bullsh*t.. Congrats again dude..

Wha....That is total BS. You are correct.

Sounds like somebody else had influence from the myth corner to not get pregnant as a teen or to not get anyone else pregnant as a teen....depending.

I feel you distaste and disgust at them....They were probrably lied to as well. confused.gif

Miscarriage is a terrrible thing. xD

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 14 2007, 03:36)
QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 09:28)

Wha....That is total BS. You are correct.

Sounds like somebody else had influence from the myth corner to not get pregnant as a teen or to not get anyone else pregnant as a teen....depending.

I feel you distaste and disgust at them....They were probrably lied to as well. confused.gif

Miscarriage is a terrrible thing. xD

I mean yeah it means i can continue to live as a teen and enjoy being young etc, but that was something i dont want to experience again

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Dec 13 2007, 17:24)

I am pretty sure I said it to G Twenty-nine, not to You. He is finnish like me. I apologize everyone for misunderstandings and if I offended someone.

Yes, congratulations for You again icon14.gif

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:08 PM Edited by guilty.by.association, 13 December 2007 - 03:19 PM.

QUOTE (TheTank @ Dec 14 2007, 04:06)
QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Dec 13 2007, 17:24)

I am pretty sure I said it to G Twenty-nine, not to You. He is finnish like me. I apologize everyone for misunderstandings and if I offended someone.

Yes, congratulations for You again icon14.gif

I hate you purely for the fact that you have In Flames in your country inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif

EDIT: FOR SOME f*ckING REASON THE LINK POPPED UP AGAIN TO THAT PORNO SITE, ITS THE WRONG LINK I TRIED LINKING TO A BAND I LISTEN TO WTF! dont ban me please i didnt know that happened until someone said

Ok here this should work

user posted image

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Saget @ Dec 13 2007, 02:35)
QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 13 2007, 05:19)

----------------------------------

In regards to being a parent.....learn from your parents mistakes and your own if you can and figure out what you want to teach them.  In short, to quote my great grandfather on my mother's side,"If you want your grandchildren to not be raised in some particualar way and rather a different way than you were raised then the chance you have to insure this is with your own children for that is were it begins."

My Great Grandfather was a wise man IMO.  icon14.gif

I agree with your great grandfather. I found that out by myself, by listening to my mom's advices and by seeing other families. There are some things about raising kids that I find REALLY wrong, that I've seen people do and that I would never do to my kids. Some things that even my parents did, which weren't that bad but... I just don't agree. Of course I still have some years ahead and my opinion might change, but that's how I think right now.

Well, that is what parenting is all about. Choices and taking care of the kid(s) and everything else that comes with it.

You get plenty of those and sometimes you may change your mind many times before finding what you find to be the best of your choices.

It is different than anything else I know.

It has the seed in a cup the roots go down, the branches to out and leaves go up feeling and symbolic reference is very accurate. Each person grows differently yet similair to many others after all. The things that separate us are often important yet the things that we share and bring us together that we have in common are often far more important. I know these things about the forest. wink.gif

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 18:08)
I hate you purely for the fact that you have In Flames in your country inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif

You mean they are from our country, or they are visiting our country? If the first one, You are wrong: In Flames is swedish biggrin.gif Sorry for this offtopic... But You hate me because of that sad.gif

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (TheTank @ Dec 14 2007, 04:15)
I hate you purely for the fact that you have In Flames in your country  inlove.gif   inlove.gif   inlove.gif   inlove.gif

You mean they are from our country, or they are visiting our country? If the first one, You are wrong: In Flames is swedish biggrin.gif Sorry for this offtopic... But You hate me because of that sad.gif

Oh yeah my bad i was reading about Children Of Bodom and made a mistake lol. Yes, they're Swedish smile.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (TheTank @ Dec 13 2007, 10:15)
I hate you purely for the fact that you have In Flames in your country  inlove.gif   inlove.gif   inlove.gif   inlove.gif

I still love you TheTank. inlove.gif And I don't care where you are from. lol.gif

@G twenty-nine>....I believe you'll be a great dad. Let me know if you have any questions from my previous posts though.

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 14 2007, 04:23)
QUOTE (TheTank @ Dec 13 2007, 10:15)

I still love you TheTank. inlove.gif And I don't care where you are from. lol.gif

@G twenty-nine>....I believe you'll be a great dad. Let me know if you have any questions from my previous posts though.

Lol i was talking about where the band was from, not the tank lol XD

I still love him inlove.gif

I was just messing around

Finland have some awesome bands too tho

Jealous suicidal.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:30 PM

@guilty.by.association>I caught that. I just had to shout out to TheTank.

---------------------------

On Topic.......(please everybody)

There is a new Dad in the making here!

HolyGrenadeFrenzy holds the applause sign up and guestures to the crowd
rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif

(Don't forget to applaud the mom as well. She has allot to do with this)

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 05:10)

That's exactly how my sister-in-law's dad was. Jerk off would beat up her mom and make all of them feel like they were ugly, useless, pieces of sh*t. I'd kick his ass if I ever saw him, that is of course if my brother didn't get to him first.

Im being told in another topic that its good i had a miscarrige cause since im almost 17 my child would be deformed. What bullsh*t..

Yes, it's total BS. And f*cking mean in the first place. A good friend of mine had a kid when she was 17 and she came out just fine, a beautiful, healthy baby.
That's actually the kid I mentioned I could be a step dad of on the first page in this topic. Her boyfriend is a f*cking dead beat loser who doesn't treat her right (doesn't hit her, but is verbally violent and threatens her by saying he'll cheat on her, etc). I know she'd go out with me, but I'd have to take her, and her child, and I just couldn't take that right now. I feel bad about it... like I'm a dead beat for not taking her away from that prick... sad.gif

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:58 PM Edited by Claude GTA3, 13 December 2007 - 06:00 PM.

Congrats,man,I wish you luck.

I however,never want to be commited to a woman,or a child,it's just too much pressure for me.

Why? Probably because I have a screwed up life. My dad abuses us,he drinks,my mom cheats him with a trucker (I saw it)...I wish I could just go away...

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Dec 13 2007, 23:25)
Im being told in another topic that its good i had a miscarrige cause since im almost 17 my child would be deformed. What bullsh*t..

Yes, it's total BS. And f*cking mean in the first place. A good friend of mine had a kid when she was 17 and she came out just fine, a beautiful, healthy baby.
That's actually the kid I mentioned I could be a step dad of on the first page in this topic. Her boyfriend is a f*cking dead beat loser who doesn't treat her right (doesn't hit her, but is verbally violent and threatens her by saying he'll cheat on her, etc). I know she'd go out with me, but I'd have to take her, and her child, and I just couldn't take that right now. I feel bad about it... like I'm a dead beat for not taking her away from that prick... sad.gif

We reach puberty at the age of 12 and hence, the girl is capable of carrying a healthy baby. Isn't it common sense? dozingoff.gif

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Dec 14 2007, 06:55)
QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 05:10)

That's exactly how my sister-in-law's dad was. Jerk off would beat up her mom and make all of them feel like they were ugly, useless, pieces of sh*t. I'd kick his ass if I ever saw him, that is of course if my brother didn't get to him first.

You sound like a really decent dude, youl do fine in life icon14.gif

@Claude gta3: I know how you feel man sad.gif

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 12:06)
You sound like a really decent dude, youl do fine in life icon14.gif

Thanks, means a lot. smile.gif

@grishb, exactly!
Physically, it's just fine. It's the maturity level that causes the most problems.

Eddie280
  • Eddie280

Slow down, You bitch!

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sh*t.

i feel for you man, i hate it when the condom breaks. cryani.gif cry.gif suicidal.gif

Just kidding tounge.gif . Congratulations. icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Dec 14 2007, 07:20)
QUOTE (guilty.by.association @ Dec 13 2007, 12:06)
You sound like a really decent dude, youl do fine in life  icon14.gif

Thanks, means a lot. smile.gif

@grishb, exactly!
Physically, it's just fine. It's the maturity level that causes the most problems.

Yeah definitely icon14.gif I agree with you there, nobody under 20 at least should have a kid. Personally, i'm waiting til 28-30. I want to live first

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Dec 13 2007, 23:50)
@grishb, exactly!

Agreed. Responsibility comes only with maturity. A 12 year old won't understand what's it like to be a parent.

And what's with everyone missing the 'i' in my name? Welcome to the honoured group of people who have misspelled my name, Picolini. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users