26 replies to this topic
Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

My girlfriend has an ear piercing and tried to stretch it today with a 2-3mm taper, and after forcing it in (pardon the pun) she heard a crack and now her ear's lumpy. It's scared the sh*t out of her and would love to know what the hell happened. Has her cartilage broken?

Cheers,
MK.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:59 PM

Why the hell is she trying to stretch it? No matter what people have told you, ear sex is not fun. confused.gif

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Dec 10 2007, 12:59)
Why the hell is she trying to stretch it? No matter what people have told you, ear sex is not fun. confused.gif

Amen.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

Amen too, no way am I putting my cock near her ear. God knows why she wants to stretch it, that's her choice.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:14 PM Edited by beavis, 10 December 2007 - 07:20 PM.

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Dec 10 2007, 11:09)
Amen too, no way am I putting my cock near her ear. God knows why she wants to stretch it, that's her choice.

Has she been watching African tribes on the discovery channel? I heard its very popular in remote places of central west Africa.

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Break 'yo self!

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:16 PM

Stop acting like you've got a girlfreind. tounge.gif

Tell her to nip down the doctors soon as.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:37 PM

I doubt if there's a doctor on GTAF, so better take her to one.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:46 PM

Both my ear lobes are stretched to 8mm. I messed my left ear lobe up whilst doing so, and it ended up with a lump. I let it heal and it was fine and I managed to fully stretch my ear again with no problems. However if it's on the cartillage I'm not sure, I'd suggest searching round the web for some piercing sites, they often have advice and information on this stuff.

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

I'm no expert, but she should watch out for infections. Go to a doctor immediately. I found this, might help a bit. From what I understand, stretching piercings is a slow process.

Cartilage: Cartilage is a firm, structural support for the ear and nose. Unlike skin, it does not have its' own blood supply. Cartilage receives almost all of its' blood from the surrounding skin, so stretching cartilage is an extremely slow process. If ear cartilage is stretched too quickly the tissue can become so tight that blood cannot get to the cartilage which can cause necrosis (tissue death). Cartilage can also crack or even shatter like glass. This damage can be irreparable and even dangerous to your health. Slow way down when stretching cartilage, way down...maybe once a year for some. The thicker and more firm the cartilage, the slower you gotta go.

Hope nothing bad becomes of it. icon14.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Dec 10 2007, 19:37)
I doubt if there's a doctor on GTAF, so better take her to one.

I'm sure Candarelli's an aspiring doctor, isn't he?

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Brazil

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Opiteilsm @ Dec 10 2007, 17:46)
Both my ear lobes are stretched to 8mm. I messed my left ear lobe up whilst doing so, and it ended up with a lump. I let it heal and it was fine and I managed to fully stretch my ear again with no problems. However if it's on the cartillage I'm not sure, I'd suggest searching round the web for some piercing sites, they often have advice and information on this stuff.

My friend has 14mm on each earlobe =)
As she says, the trick is to stretch it slowly icon14.gif

Can you actually stretch the cartillage part of the ears? I thought they were too hard for that...

@Masterkraft: Tell her to leave that alone, and clean. It will heal...

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

Sorry, I've got it wrong. It's her lobe she's stretching, but it still went crunch. confused.gif

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Brazil

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Dec 10 2007, 20:51)
Sorry, I've got it wrong. It's her lobe she's stretching, but it still went crunch. confused.gif

What did she use to stretch it?

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:57 PM

A plastic taper, 3 mm I think.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

Why the hell would you even want to pierce? I don't wanna ruin my perfectly formed body biggrin.gif tounge.gif

No,seriously dude,ear sex is not fun rolleyes.gif and take her to a doctor.

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Brazil

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Dec 10 2007, 20:57)
A plastic taper, 3 mm I think.

Tell her to start with 2, but make sure the ear's ok before she starts again. Like I said, the key is to stretch it slowly...

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

I'll pass it on, thanks for all your help. icon14.gif

stretch.
  • stretch.

30% of the time, we deliver all the time!

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

When did she try to stretch it?

The lump can be the culmination of squished skin and the such, Happened to me when I tried to stretch mine, although ...

I then realised stretching was silly and went and got my nippe and eyebrow pierced.

Ahhh I was a crazay 13 year old.

Anyways, you'll find they normally heal after a mild salt and tea tree oil, wrm water mix, do that once or twice, then cut down to a very dilute solution.

tis how I keep all my piercings clean.

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

She heard a crunching noise when doing it to her lobe? That's really wierd...

Shylock
  • Shylock

Gedachtnisse sind genau das.

• The Precinct

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:12 AM

Even your lobes have small bits of cartilage in them. And yes, for the lumps to go away she needs to remove the piercing and let it heal.

And why force it to stretch when you can just barely adjust the gauge of the ring from small (18 gauge) to something larger one step at a time. But then again, stretching it horrifically ugly.

So tell your girlfriend that if she doesn't want to be ugly, to stop being stupid.

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Shylock @ Dec 11 2007, 13:12)
Even your lobes have small bits of cartilage in them. And yes, for the lumps to go away she needs to remove the piercing and let it heal.

And why force it to stretch when you can just barely adjust the gauge of the ring from small (18 gauge) to something larger one step at a time. But then again, stretching it horrifically ugly.

So tell your girlfriend that if she doesn't want to be ugly, to stop being stupid.

I agree icon14.gif

I find them really unattractive, especially on chicks

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:27 AM

It's not even big, probably a little bit smaller than this attractive little guy here: smile.gif

Like I said, her choice.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

Using plastic stretchers isn't a good idea, I used surgical steel stretching tapers, much safer and hygenic. Anyway if it's the lobe, it'll be fine. Just clean it and let it heal and if she feels she wants to start again it should be okay, as I said I did the same.

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Brazil

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Opiteilsm @ Dec 11 2007, 14:53)
Using plastic stretchers isn't a good idea, I used surgical steel stretching tapers, much safer and hygenic. Anyway if it's the lobe, it'll be fine. Just clean it and let it heal and if she feels she wants to start again it should be okay, as I said I did the same.

My friend stretched her earlobes with everything from toothpicks to pens, and she ended up fine oO

Though if you have the money, buy one of those specific stretchers.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:07 PM

One of my friends did the same, though his ear turned out uninfected the actual hole wasn't very well formed and it didn't look very pleasent when there was nothing in the ear. They aren't that expensive, mine was 15, and it's decent.

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Brazil

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Opiteilsm @ Dec 12 2007, 14:07)
One of my friends did the same, though his ear turned out uninfected the actual hole wasn't very well formed and it didn't look very pleasent when there was nothing in the ear. They aren't that expensive, mine was 15, and it's decent.

Same with my friend. It wasn't infected, just really ugly when there was nothing. But she always has something on her earlobes, so most people don't see it =)

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Yh and it'll be difficult when or if she does take them out in the future, they might not heal properly and sh*t which is kinda why you oughta do it properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users