• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic
Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (VoodooSlumlord @ Dec 10 2007, 00:09)
QUOTE (BoggsforLife @ Dec 9 2007, 17:36)
For the last time I want to hear it English is not our official language! I have a textbook with the title "English" But we don't learn english we learn AMERICAN!!! English is the native language for the United Kingdom (UK) not the USA (America).

By your logic, Mexicans speak Mexican, Brazilians speak Brazilian and BoggsforLife speaks dumbass.

I must say that made me laugh.

Anyway, seems like we've got a narrow minded imbecile on our hands...no point in trying to change his mind for the better.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:29 AM

Haha - sig'd!

Your check's in the mail.

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Brazil

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (VoodooSlumlord @ Dec 9 2007, 22:09)
For the last time I want to hear it English is not our official language! I have a textbook with the title "English" But we don't learn english we learn AMERICAN!!! English is the native language for the United Kingdom (UK) not the USA (America).

By your logic, Mexicans speak Mexican, Brazilians speak Brazilian and BoggsforLife speaks dumbass.

Yeah. If only you could see the differences between the brazillian portuguese and the Portugal portuguese, it's almost like we speak a different language.

When you go to choose a language from a menu, you can see the options "Portuguese" and "Portuguese (Brazil)". Now, you don't see that for english, because you just have different accents, a dozen of different words and that's it.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (VoodooSlumlord @ Dec 9 2007, 18:09)

i had a pretty good chuckle out of this one.

anyway, let's break it on down for our slack jawed retarded friend here.

English is our Language, American is our Nationality, according to the American judical System, America does not have an offical language, that's why you see "Se habla Espanol" on your local Bank, Wal Mart, ect...

Mercie
  • Mercie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Dec 9 2007, 18:40)
QUOTE (VoodooSlumlord @ Dec 9 2007, 18:09)

i had a pretty good chuckle out of this one.

anyway, let's break it on down for our slack jawed retarded friend here.

English is our Language, American is our Nationality, according to the American judical System, America does not have an offical language, that's why you see "Se habla Espanol" on your local Bank, Wal Mart, ect...

Right. America has nothing official anymore as liberal standards have allowed many aspects of America to change. For instance, the American flag no longer must be flown over other nations flags, the Pledge of Allegience may be offensive because it says god, guns are dangerous because too many people fear what they do not understand, English is often an unspoken language of both citizens and non-citizens, every day joe feels he knows more about the motives behind war than the (ill be it lousy) politicians who run the machine etc...

America was a melting pot of cultures. Now the pot is starting to burn.

[/my take]

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:52 AM

I had a Spanish teacher in the 7th grade who was born an raised in Spain, and spoke quite a different dialect than many of the Hispanic children in the class who came from Northern Mexico. In fact, it was apparently so different that the kids and the teachers often argued about subtle things; probably something like the equivalent to the difference between "color" and "colour" in British and American English.

SagaciousKJB beats dead horse

Sixdust
  • Sixdust

April 2nd, V2

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:52 AM Edited by Sixdust, 10 December 2007 - 12:57 AM.

By your logic, we wouldn't be speaking american, America is two continents dumbass. Remember Canada, Mexico and all the other bro's down low? We would speak United States of American or United States of Americish or USAish or USAan. Because two or three words being spelled differently makes a world of difference, and an accent difference? What about North USAer's and South USAer's? And people from Jersey, New York or any other USA owned land? We would need to make a new language for them as well. Topic starter has failed, refrain from hitting the user posted image button.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Dec 10 2007, 01:52)
British and American English.

That's exactly it. Unless the US comes up with a totally new even-more-garbage language than English, it will always be known that Americans speak English, or "American English" to be precise. We had it 1st, you asses.

lol@Voodooslumlord.

We done here? I think so. Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users