» «
Photo

Sign here if you have fired a gun

75 replies to this topic
jelly
  • jelly

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Dec 8 2007, 06:29)
I never have, and unless I embark on a career path which requires me to, I don't think I ever will. Mainly because I am sh*t scared of them and the damage they can do.

I can see how people can feel empowered and liberated when firing one, but to me its always one trigger away from a horrible accident.

Guns can't do anything by themselves, they are not some sort of evil talisman waiting to go off on a rampage; the people that use them decide whether it is used for good or evil. The only thing that can cause an accident is an irresponsible or criminal user. While you state that you are afraid of an inert, dead object for some illogical reason, you are really afraid of yourself with such an object. It can't do any damage just lying there, it has to be used by someone in order to do damage, so what you're really saying is that you can't trust yourself to behave rationally and safely with a firearm. Why is that? By following the four basic safety rules even a preteen child can be safe with a gun, so why can't you? It seems this is some sort of prejudice that you have from long ago.

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Dec 8 2007, 11:00)
QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Dec 8 2007, 18:52)
What kind of self respecting man hasn't fired a gun, you tell me that?

mad.gif

Nothing more masculine than killing sh*t.

Yeah, because guns are only used for 'killing sh*t'. sigh.gif

swolo yaggins
  • swolo yaggins

#bhq

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:55 AM

Yeah, I shot a few bullets at some bowling pins once.

I FELT LIKE I WAS CARL JOHNSON.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (jallar @ Dec 9 2007, 08:37)
<sook>

Guns can't do anything by themselves, they are not some sort of evil talisman waiting to go off on a rampage; the people that use them decide whether it is used for good or evil. The only thing that can cause an accident is an irresponsible or criminal user. While you state that you are afraid of an inert, dead object for some illogical reason, you are really afraid of yourself with such an object. It can't do any damage just lying there, it has to be used by someone in order to do damage, so what you're really saying is that you can't trust yourself to behave rationally and safely with a firearm. Why is that? By following the four basic safety rules even a preteen child can be safe with a gun, so why can't you? It seems this is some sort of prejudice that you have from long ago.

You're implying that it's wrong to not want to touch a gun?

I have never touched or fired one, so I have no reason to think I would be irrational around them. My comment was no an indignation on myself. I am sh*t scared of them because of the damage they can do, and what I have seen been done, and that is in anyone's hands. I am more scared of others, whom I cannot control. In this country, it is not the norm to have a weapon in the home (something like less than 10% do), so I am not of sound mind that people around me are as engrossed in gun safety as the United States.

Is that irrational? Is that prejudicial? I just want to stay away from them, and as long as nobody is forcing one into my hand, I am happy.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Dec 9 2007, 22:04)
QUOTE (jallar @ Dec 9 2007, 08:37)
<sook>

You're implying that it's wrong to not want to touch a gun?

I have never touched or fired one, so I have no reason to think I would be irrational around them. My comment was no an indignation on myself. I am sh*t scared of them because of the damage they can do, and what I have seen been done, and that is in anyone's hands. I am more scared of others, whom I cannot control. In this country, it is not the norm to have a weapon in the home (something like less than 10% do), so I am not of sound mind that people around me are as engrossed in gun safety as the United States.

Is that irrational? Is that prejudicial? I just want to stay away from them, and as long as nobody is forcing one into my hand, I am happy.

You realize it's probably safer to handle a loaded firearm than it is to hold a razor sharp knife? They can do a lot of damage, but so can a car, or a knife, or a large wooden club, a lot of things can do a lot of damage.

I can understand not wanting to touch guns if I had never seen or handled one before. I mean, I know some people that literally don't know if the clip release will fire the weapon, so I can see why they don't f*ck with them.

Fleckz
  • Fleckz

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:30 AM

Guns aren't really a thing in England, however I've owned various BB Guns, I used to go to shoot an Air Rifle when I was in Sea Cadets.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Dec 10 2007, 15:51)
You realize it's probably safer to handle a loaded firearm than it is to hold a razor sharp knife? They can do a lot of damage, but so can a car, or a knife, or a large wooden club, a lot of things can do a lot of damage.

Yes, most definitely. But for me, to drive a car or handle a knife is unavoidable if I want to drive to work or prepare food, and I have been doing those things for years.

It is not imperative that I handle a firearm in life. If I had been shooting firearms for years and know the ins and outs of safety and disengaging then my fears would be quelled. The fact is, they aren't. And what jallar said is true - much the same way someone would have trouble getting into a car after having an accident - it does stem from long ago, but is surely not illogical.

XBOXLOVER
  • XBOXLOVER

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Dec 10 2007, 05:21)

Well you can kill someone with anything and since you can't go your entire life without thouching anything then.............. umm......... I don't know where I'm going with this. confused.gif

drozle
  • drozle

Big D

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:37 PM

From real ones(in military school):
9mm,mp5.
From fakies:
Pneumatic rifle and a toy gun with balls(don't even think about THAT gun devil.gif )

GuerillaForce
  • GuerillaForce

Still Free

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:58 PM Edited by GuerillaForce, 12 December 2007 - 12:08 AM.

i have lots of experience with guns. i got a beretta A303 semi auto shotun, which i use for hunting. i have to say i get one big adrenaline rush when i shoot a rabbit or a pheasant. i know that probably sounds cold blooded, but meh, just a natural instinct nothing you can do about it.

and i was also in the army cadets a few years ago, where we got to use numerous firearms.

(for people who dunno what the army cadets is, its like the scouts but much more hardcore)

toysintheattic
  • toysintheattic

Fortified Hooligan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:39 AM

Hand guns are good fun but you aren't going to be anywhere near as a good of a shot as Hollywood would have everyone believe. Unless you are close or have a lot of practice they can be tricky to get on target. Smaller cal. like a 9 kind of snap in your hand. Lift up and back without much force placed on your palm. A 22 will generally just barely move and you can shoot one all day without being sore the next morning. Larger calibers like 44 45 and 357 magnums kick back so you feel the force of the bullet leaving the barrel they can hurt your palms if you hold them incorrectly or run a lot of ammo through them. If you are indoors the force from a 357 firing can actually change the pressure in the room. You can feel the hair on your head and arms move as the gun goes off even if it being shot from someone else a few lanes over.

Rifles tend to do a quick snap, like your buddy punching you in the shoulder. As others have stated it's quite possible to have a bruised shoulder after firing a few hundred rounds downfield. It's fairly easy to hit a target with a rifle as a beginner, and much easier than being accurate with a pistol.

Shotguns push when fired. Instead of a quick kick that momentarily moves your shoulder, a shotgun can throw you off balance if you are unprepared. With the spread of buckshot you can be a decent skeet shooter within a day.

This all varies upon what caliber gun and even what type of round you are firing from it, a twelve gauge magnum slug has a lot more force than bird shot for example. At first it is somewhat frightening but after you squeeze off a few and start to relax in it almost a form of meditation. The only things you are thinking about is you, your target and your weapon. After leaving the range, I always want to drink a beer and eat some barbecue but that could just be me.

GhostMann
  • GhostMann

The Q? Remainz with UFOS

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (poikly @ Dec 7 2007, 13:58)
I havent. What is it like?

I shot when I was 13.. I jamed it up a little cuz I didnt hold it right... now it aint nothin

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:41 PM

The one I fired was more:

*Slide* *Click* BANG *click*

Bolt action FTW biggrin.gif .

BlaZelatiNo
  • BlaZelatiNo

Killa

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

does taiser gun count?

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

Firing a gun is very exhilirating,You control great power,and can do whatever you wanna do

(until your ammo is out,then you're f*cked)

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:20 PM

I take it that you don't know what a bayonet is then?

Tyler Joyal
  • Tyler Joyal

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

I've shot a hand gun. There pretty cool blush.gif . My dad is a police officer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users