Photo

Sign here if you have fired a gun

75 replies to this topic
Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:40 PM

I fired my penis at your sister. Does that count?

edit: lol@panch

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:53 PM

I fired from my dad's AK-47,my grandad's double barreled shotgun,uncle's colt .45

It's exhilarating,but scary...it's ecstasy..

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:14 PM

This is my rifle, this is my gun..this is for fighting, this is for fun.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

I once used a mini-gun and killed 100 people, but in reality I've only shot a AK-47

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 7 2007, 18:14)
This is my rifle, this is my gun..this is for fighting, this is for fun.

Haha, awesome quote.

Us Canadians aren't allowed to have guns. sad.gif

UnitedDestruction
  • UnitedDestruction

The Dude

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:04 AM

Yay I have.

Went to the gun range and shot a .357, a .22, and a .38 caliber smith&wesson (my parents). It was a bummer though since they only had revolvers and no semi-automatics.

Basically its fun. Especially with the bigger guns that are louder and have muzzle flashes. Most people enjoy it, even people who say they hate guns will most likely enjoy it. Im a pacifist (lol) and I like it. Also its like drugs. And bowling but with fire and loud noises.

The gun range rents out Desert Eagles though so I might rent one whenever I go again, ammo for it is expensive as hell though

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:08 AM

There is no way for me to enumerate what you are asking so I will just say yes, many times.

I am not sure if I could even list the weapons I have fired....even that would be tough.

The funny thing is my preferences depend on the situation.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:09 AM

It starts with like a "chick chick", then there's a "PHOOOOSWR" and then there's a "woooooooooo".

Go to 1:14 for a similar demonstration:

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:33 AM

It kind of hurts, depending on what you're shooting and who shows you how to ( or whether you just figure it out ). Like, shooting a sawn-off shotgun, one-handed, with a locked elbow hurts, but any time someone thinks that and does it with a relaxed elbow, they wind up getting smacked in the face with the barrel on the kickback.

Pistols are kind of fun, most of them are designed to where they'll just blast back into your hand. Sometimes it kind of feels like you're trying to hold on to a heavy bag that's suddenly being lifted a little upwards. Larges calibers kind of hurt.

Shotguns and rifles are kind of annoying if you have a small frame because the kickback is much harder and right into your shoulder. My cousin broke his collar bone with a shotgun as a kid shooting unsupervised.

I remember when I was like 10 or 11 I really had an obsession with shooting a gun because never had before, so I finally just started going out to my uncle's ranch to shoot his guns. It's kind of fun at first to just point and destroy, but after a while you're hands and muscles get sore from the gun if it's strong. Not to mention, if you're shooting with a semi-automatic gun, you should definitely wear gloves. I remember I once got three hot shells stuck to the skin of my hand. Those f*cking hurt.

Anyway, they're over-rated for recreational purposes. A pellet gun or a .22 will suit for me, then again I'm only interested in guns for target practice now. I suppose before you actually fire a weapon, the mystique of their power is very interesting, but after a while destroying targets with large caliber weapons isn't really fun, and becomes really difficult. The only people who should train like that are people who actually need large caliber weapons

I'm personally a really big fan of pellet guns. I use to be able to shoot the head on the Camel on a Cabel brand pack of cigarette box at 20 yards with a pellet gun. I tried it with a .22 as well, but my hand's aren't steady enough to handle the strong trigger pull and the recoil. The thing that's nice about pellet guns, is you can find some with the same power as a .22 rifle cartridge, but I think they're mostly intended for longer range.

If I had to pick a large caliber firearm I would probably go with some type of .30 rifle. I really like the .30-30 Winchester repeaters with iron sights, but I also had a nice Remington model with a 8x scope in .30-06, never fired though because it was missing its bolt.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:35 AM

Ive used an over-under shotgun (my gun smile.gif ) a 9mm glock, and a homemade .38 zip gun.

G twenty-nine
  • G twenty-nine

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:52 AM

Yes, I have fired guns many times, my father taught me about guns when I turned 11. It is really a good thing to learn that early, because you know what to do and what not to do at a early age.. an age at which you are typically curious about such things.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:29 AM

I never have, and unless I embark on a career path which requires me to, I don't think I ever will. Mainly because I am sh*t scared of them and the damage they can do.

I can see how people can feel empowered and liberated when firing one, but to me its always one trigger away from a horrible accident.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (EmoPat @ Dec 7 2007, 15:58)
My father owns a Mosen Degaun (First of all, SP(I'm sure one of you gun-nuts will know the correct spelling, illy and anuj for example)? Second of all, it's a fairly old semi-automatic assault rifle), yet due to the recoil, I've never actually had the balls to try and shoot it.

You mean a Mosin-Nagant? If so, don't feel bad about the spelling. I'm not even sure how the hell to pronounce it. tounge.gif They're bolt action though, not semiautomatic.

And, yea, to answer the original question, I've fired a few guns. Best way to describe the experience is fun. wink.gif

bigmitchbaker
  • bigmitchbaker

hiphopotamus vs Rhymenoceros

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:13 AM

the oldman has a gun colliction we go pig hunting ive shot a hand gun a few times not much tho dontgetit.gif i wish i had a d.eagle icon14.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:29 AM

You want a hitman? sly.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:43 AM

For a hand gun, BANG is just ridiculously descriptive. You might think it is an oversimplification if you never fired a gun, but that is exactly the impression you get from it. BANG and the can you shot at jumps a bit. If you didn't miss, which you tend to do a lot in the beginning.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:22 AM

What kind of self respecting man hasn't fired a gun, you tell me that?

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Dec 8 2007, 03:43)
For a hand gun, BANG is just ridiculously descriptive. You might think it is an oversimplification if you never fired a gun, but that is exactly the impression you get from it. BANG and the can you shot at jumps a bit. If you didn't miss, which you tend to do a lot in the beginning.

Hehe I was totally about to make a longer post above that handguns *BANG*, .22s *POP*, and rifles *CRACK*, but figured it was one of those things nobody would understand unless they've fired a gun. tounge.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:27 AM

I've always wanted to fire an automatic weapon especially AK-47 but sadly i've only used rifles. I've used air rifles so many times that it is boring, i've shot a .22 many times too but my fave would be my friends over and under shotgun. Its was brilliant. I've been skeet shooting many times and used side by side double barrel shotgun too, that was fun. Never actually shot a handgun though die.gif

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Dec 8 2007, 18:52)

mad.gif

Nothing more masculine than killing sh*t.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:01 AM

I've fired a gun. Too bad I'm a poor shot.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Dec 8 2007, 20:00)
QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Dec 8 2007, 18:52)

mad.gif

Nothing more masculine than killing sh*t.

Damn right.

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:45 PM

Firing a gun is similar to the first time you drive a car..the feel of control over a piece of steel that can kill at your discretion. With power comes responsibility.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 8 2007, 21:15)
Firing a gun is similar to the first time you drive a car..the feel of control over a piece of steel that can kill at your discretion. With power comes responsibility.

With great power, may I add.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

I've fired a .22 Caliber Revolver, it had a bit of a kick, but from what I've heard, a .45 caliber has a really nasty kick.

TACOHAWK!
  • TACOHAWK!

one to the suckas head

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:19 PM

First time I shot a gun was when I was a youngin'.
And when I say youngin', I mean last year.
It goes more like:
"BOOEEOFFF-WEEEE"

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:32 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 08 December 2007 - 05:38 PM.

QUOTE (TACOHAWK! @ Dec 8 2007, 17:19)
First time I shot a gun was when I was a youngin'.
And when I say youngin', I mean last year.
It goes more like:
"BOOEEOFFF-WEEEE"

It's more of a "click-click BOOM" and your arms are now ripped off.

@Jay: wuv you :3

CrocodileDundee
  • CrocodileDundee

Liverpool FC

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

I fired a gun when I was 7 years old, It was only a low caliber bird rifle though.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

If you shoot someone in the head you have to say

BOOM HEADSHOT cool.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Dec 8 2007, 00:38)
QUOTE (EmoPat @ Dec 7 2007, 15:58)
My father owns a Mosen Degaun (First of all, SP(I'm sure one of you gun-nuts will know the correct spelling, illy and anuj for example)? Second of all, it's a fairly old semi-automatic assault rifle), yet due to the recoil, I've never actually had the balls to try and shoot it.

You mean a Mosin-Nagant? If so, don't feel bad about the spelling. I'm not even sure how the hell to pronounce it. tounge.gif They're bolt action though, not semiautomatic.

No, it's not a Nagant. It's old, but it's not that old. Whenever I look at it, the design kind of reminds me of an MP5 and an AK-74 mixed.

I'll try to take a picture later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users