Fighting experience

128 replies to this topic
OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 10 2007, 20:43)
QUOTE (OH NO @ Dec 10 2007, 15:37)
QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 10 2007, 15:53)
QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 10 2007, 10:30)
HolyGrenadeFrenzy Ask steven seagal how effective aikido is after he got choked out twice by gene lebell

Steven Seagal's a pussycat.

Yeah but hes got the mind of a seagull.

Birdbrain?

Surname. monocle.gif

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (OH NO @ Dec 10 2007, 16:13)
QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 10 2007, 20:43)
QUOTE (OH NO @ Dec 10 2007, 15:37)
QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 10 2007, 15:53)
QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 10 2007, 10:30)
HolyGrenadeFrenzy Ask steven seagal how effective aikido is after he got choked out twice by gene lebell

Steven Seagal's a pussycat.

Yeah but hes got the mind of a seagull.

Birdbrain?

Surname. monocle.gif

What..should I have included lol.gif ?

Greene
  • Greene

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Dec 10 2007, 18:33)
QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Dec 10 2007, 18:08)
I like how you all go on about fighting styles, but in a real fight. While you prance around in your stance, you're going to get c*nted in the face alot.

Your mistaken. Not personaly, this is normal for everyone not in our circles. The martial artist who "prances" about with his little stance gets beaten up. Everyone knows that.

A real martial art is fighting as much as street fighting is fighting. The most effective arts stay by the basic attacks, none of that kung-fu magical handswing bullsh*t.

Thats why i wouldnt suggest anyone to learn kung-fu for a basic fighting style. You must have strong basics. Everything in life is like that. Without a basic fighting style, you have no chance in a fight whatsoever. If you consider fighting by martial arts support that is.

To be completely honest, I can't imagine martial arts being very useful in a street fight. Very often, you can be outnumbered, you can be faced with people with weapons, and in a street fight you'll get f*ck all space to maneuver. From any experience I have of street fights, I can't imagine martial arts being useful.

But maybe certain moves could come in useful. I don't know. I've never done martial arts. I did boxing for many years, and I know alot of things I learned there weren't very useful in a street fight. Well my punches were obviously alot quicker and more powerful, but dodging or any tactical maneuvers whatsoever went right out the window. In a street fight, you'll most likely spend your time right in someones face without much room to move, and very often you'll end up on the ground rolling about like a tosser.

Plus running around doing martial arts will draw more attention to yourself, and you'll only end up getting twatted over the head with a bottle. tounge.gif

I've got friends who did various martial arts since they were kids, and I've been involved in fights side by side with them before, and they didn't seem to implement much of what they learned into a fight.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:40 PM Edited by tuareg, 10 December 2007 - 10:48 PM.

You tosser, do you want to bring me down on purpose? tounge.gif

I agree with you a lot, but what i see most of the times is that people who actually practise martial arts, they only practise them. Wich means they dont increas the intensity of their training, they dont add anything in order to be more. They just do it. Nothing more nothing less.

The idea of martial arts is to be more than the average fighter. Overcome your opponent with mich more stabile techniques. But this doesnt happen overnight and without hard training.

When talking about techniques i dont mean learning (mostly using) complicated and hard to learn techniques. Im talking about when your opponent cant do anything because your kick is stronger than a horses kick. Basicness is the key to martial art based fights. The reason why there actually are very complicated fighting techniques, is because other people feel the need to express thereselves in other styles. For them fluidness and the "be like water" thingy is their life.

I created my own style from the different styles i tried and included the things i found usefull. Again dont think about anything related to complicated stuff.

My main style is around full contact fighting, but mostly Muay Thai and some bits and pieces of Taekwondo. Theres no martial art that comes closer to real fighting than Muay Thai. Really powerful and brutal martial art. I could tell some stories of my training experiences, but maybe later.

Actually, the real problem with martial arts is that they've been stereotyped to death. Its totally different from what you see in movies.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:57 PM

Everyone presumes martial arts is just over the top kicking and sh*t. Alot of martial arts teach you how to fight on the streets.

Greene, look at that video I posted. That's how martial arts can be used on the street.

Shutttlecock?
  • Shutttlecock?

Ho' Fa' Sho'

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

in my experience, if your not in school then beat his ass in all honesty, at least try. but to me school work means alot and if somethings happening at school or during class, just take the lick and after he punches you pull out your cell phone and call the police and press charges, it might sound like a bitch way but it'll hurt him alot more than anything you can phyisically do.

the gtaf team taught me that lesson about 4 months ago. monocle.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:37 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 11 December 2007 - 02:00 AM.

@Greene> there are several forms of close quarter martial arts including some branches of Aikido but truth be told there is allot to agree with in what you have said until you have experience in both street fights and martila arts training.

It's not the same to fake it in a class going throught the motions and then expect to be effective on the street just to feel like a fish out of water and get yourself a critical beat down.

My own experience started on the street (well acutually at the market and then at daycare) and my reasons for study were not like the majority so......I don't always relate.

The poor kid that gets picked on and doesn't have it in him to fight is in a different boat than me but I still understand the desire to withdawl and over compensate and take more mistreatment than I am due. Mine is for the opposite reasons for the most part. The "You can not force me to hurt you" has played some dangerous roles in my life. Usually, I am just waiting for my inner "master" to cut me loose and that is why I had to get training early on or I would have killed kids my own age before I was seven. Putting my instincts in order was a tall order.

Sure, many kids figured me a wuss but everytime I got into it and behaved inappropriately I had my parents and Sensei and Sifu and eventually a Samba Nim and a dozen other people who were on my case for sending someone to the medical professonals on numerous occasions. By the time I was in Jr. High I just wanted off the whole ride but I had not learned the thing most of the adults were after.

The Beginning

You see my problem was a common one but my case was extreme. I was a biter. I was in trouble since the age of two for it. By the age of four I wouldn't bite unless repeatedly provoked but when I did....Blood and Scars. It was in Day Care when after months of me not going after people my mother got a report fromt the Day Care that I was biting and it had been bad.....So, my mom decided to come and watch what was going on.

While playing five kids surrounded me and pushed me around to the inside play slide and pulled and pushed me onto it then through the top tunnel on the slide and proceed to hold my feet down with a kid on each foot and a kid on each arm while the fifth kid started hitting me in the stomach and face....I bit him in the fist.

My mother went in and defended my actions and pointed out,"No WONDER, he bites them! I can't believe you allow them to treat them this way and turn your back on this violence the give him. He told me they were mean but this is rediculous.....I am taking him out of here!" Before we left a 4 year old punk tried to swing at me again with two of his friends close to him.. (I know they are only 4 but so was I)...I went for their throats and the one kid got his hand over my mouth and I attemted to bite off his fingers.....When he jumped away screaming I went for the other two kids and I somehow knew to go for the throat...Blood Lust was on! In my mind my mother had justified me and if I was justified then I was all about the revenge......I was going to bite them until they stopped bleeding!

What can I say? I was 4 years old and they had pushed it too far and with my mom backing me up I thought I was still in the right....How wrong I was.

So my mother captured me and took me to the car.....She looked at me really funny for awhile as we just sat there in the car.

The next week I didn't go to day care. I went to a professional and then more professionals and within two more weeks I was in front of my first two instructors. My life had allot of those and soon I became really sick and was diagnosed with Diabetis and had to be educated and trained on the maintence of that.....we went to the wrong physicains and it was two years before I had a diet I could survive on because I was being starved to death by the family doctor whom would not increase the insulin and simplily removed the food.........The whole time even with instruction I was becoming more angry not less until I was like six years old.

We went to a pediatricain and the whole approach to the diabetis changed. Food and lots of it and the Aikido training were a great combination. Later, on I started other arts as well yet I still had a problem with physical conflict.....I would want to bite and the taste of blood excited me.....enough that when ever I became filled with adrenaline I could taste the iron in my mouth and desired to bite the brat or adult that was involved with instigating me......It took years to do what the purpose of the training was for, to give me more options in a physical confrontation other than biting so I could make an informed and acceptable response to violence when confronted with it.

It finally worked. I still would take more than most needed to counter for a number of years but eventually in High School things turned around. I diversified my training .......Big Time.

School was strange, I didn't fit in with these other kids and I wouldn't ever learn.

I moved away.....into another chapter.

-----------------

Now, I can go on about the lame stuff or I can give you this.......I have been fighting and throwing down my whole life. The only reason I am not in prison is because of my training. The reason I haven't killed anyone is because of my training and the best thing I ever did was learn how to be more effective of what I was born to be,"A person that puts a stop to idiotics who shove when they should step off!"

So, I haven't seen anyone answer the block of questions I posted. That is the kind of person I am. I have positives to place. But still we get mouth about what people "think without action"

Thinking is fine but work and experience is where it's at.

I haven't even started to relate things, yet.

Answering those questions may get some of you some tips but without a referrence point it is difficult to guess where you need information.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:35 AM Edited by tuareg, 13 December 2007 - 06:34 AM.

All the years of false showing of martial arts (movies) hasnt done anything good. But of course, you gain more profit by introducing a hardcore fighting movie than showing a much more boring side of martial arts. The boring side that really is interesting for us practitioners.

Im not calling anyone ignorant, really. I'd be like this if i havent experienced the things i did. But just to assure you im not talking out of my ass, i'll tell you a story of mine.

A few months ago, i met a master. Not really important what the circumstances were, but he claimed to have been practising martial arts since he was 13 ( he looked 50). He knew that i was a practitioner aswell, so he asked me to kick him as fast as i could. Im not going to talk about how im the sh*t and all, but i can kick fast and even better cause he was low. So i set up and kicked to his head as fast and as powerfully as i possibly could. And what did he do? Once my kick neared his head, he caught my leg with both of his hands on both sides, and he threw it outwards causing me to lose a mad amount of controll. It was amazing! I have seriously never experienced anything like it. He wasnt fit at all (i noticed that he was a bit fat), but he was the fastest person i have ever met. The way he dodged everything was outstanding. He told me he'd like to train a few guys like me, and that he has trained a lot of people to be very powerful, but my parents werent happy. And i didnt take the chance mainly because of my love towards my parents.

He was, what you would call untouchable.

Edit: My very first involvement in a fight was on the street like HGF. Thats why i always collerate every fight to that. I always have. A real fight and martial arts sparring are nothing alike. I spend a lot of time studying fights aswell. At school, at home and pretty much anywhere i feel like it. If a fight occurs around me, i watch it and try to look at the opportunities that i could have and couldnt have used if i was fighting.

We're not like, "O LOLS I LEARNT TEH NEW TECKNICK AND NOW IMMA YOUS IT LOLOL". Its much more than that.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:32 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 13 December 2007 - 04:39 AM.

QUOTE (tuareg @ Dec 11 2007, 01:35)
We're not like, "O LOLS I LEARNT TEH NEW TECKNICK AND NOW IMMA YOUS IT LOLOL". Its much more than that.

Agreed. I can back taureg up on principal alone from the look of this thread btw even if I had no idea what was going on until things were already hopping.

When it comes to conflict and actual combat it has to come up eventually and I might as well point at the issue.

Commitment wins!

Loyalty, Honor, Valor, Victory all deal with levels and types of commitment. In short commit or do not commit. That is key to the whole shebang in more than just combat but life in general.

This one friend of mine I wouldn't even care about the situation because I know his heart and there are a few I can say that about in my life and I know I don't even have to ask if it is the same for them. You can make due and attempt to explain things yet eventually it defys explaination or the need for reciprocation.

Commitment wins.

Martial Training or self improvement of any kind are dependant on commitment to work. That's life, buddy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users