» «
Photo

Fighting experience

128 replies to this topic
HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:55 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 08 December 2007 - 05:13 AM.

QUOTE (Land Of Confusion @ Dec 7 2007, 22:02)
I got into a fight once, not proud of it, but I sort of told this guy to watch his mouth because I thought I was so bad ass, which I wasn't, infact I was the opposite. But anyway, we arrangeed a fight, and I tried to get out of it by just slapping him, he stood still, and I turned back to the crowd and said "Come on this guy doesn't want to fight!", the second I turned back around I got my ass handed to me, I got the royal sh*t beaten out of me because of my huge ego.

Lesson learned, TAME YOUR EGO, it will be your downfall.

Now I avoid fights, and if I ever have to get in to one again, I'll either run, or if I have no other options, kick them in the balls (don't give me any sh*t about honor, if it's self defense, there shouldn't be rules for the defender) then slam there head into the wall and run.

There are some very bad things that can happen if you miss and I don't mean to you either. There is a cavity area right behind the ...sack... and that cavity can be deadly if struck properly and in the appropriate condition(s), meaning that getting hit in the balls is not the worst that can happen.

Would you want to try and win a fight and accidentally kill someone?

Now, I am not going to go into the specifics about cavity presses and meridians and pressure points ect...but I would suggest a different target than that one. Like either side of the groin in the front or anywhere the lymphatics are instead...AKA the spleen, under the chin, either wing area just in from the armpit on the front of the torso and just to the outside of the nipple(top corners of the torso square), behind the knee, and the classic top outside of the foot. To mention a few.

(I intentionally leave out another target that could be used on the foot because it has other complications for the target even though the lymphatics are heavy in the area)

Fedor Emelianenko
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 6 2007, 19:50)
I've never bin in a physical fight but I am always prepared, I took martial arts, Tang Soo Doo which is Korean.

After that I had to perform a flying roundhouse kick and smash a board, which I did second time. Then I had to smash 3 blocks with my elbow, which was pretty easy.

So yeah I'm prepared for a fight, but it hasn't occured as of yet.

I wouldn't get too excited with the highkicks in a real fight because you could end up like this

user posted image

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Dec 7 2007, 16:09)
Seagalism. It's where you say a few cold words then out of nowhere you just snap into fighting stance and kick them in the stomach, launching them halfway across the f*cking room and then throw them around like a f*cking rag doll.
lol @ aikido, I could see anyone taking down an aikido guy with a double/single leg takedown or even knocking the aikido guy out with a straight punch.

user posted image

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 8 2007, 04:13)
@ aikido, I could see anyone taking down an aikido guy with a double/single leg takedown or even knocking the aikido guy out with a straight punch.

You do not know what you are talking about at all. Seriously, you don't have any idea what-so-ever what you are talking about.

You fail.

Throwing a punch or kicking an aikidoist is exactly what we desire. That is what our art is based on. Interception is one of our key factors to getting what we want by giving in to the attack in an appropriate manner.

Now, you may try and cook and bake aikidoists all you want but until you have put in several months of a particular art I don't want to hear it.

Aikido is respected by pretty much all the other arts. Some of the most recluse arts have joined with us in many things including exchange.

I figure you don't even know what Martial Exchange is.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:31 AM

I wouldn't get too excited with the highkicks in a real fight because you could end up like this

user posted image

Yes, high kicks never work in a fight. They might, but you have to prepare it someway or the other. A brazilian kick is very well suitable for this. It can catch you off guard very easily, although it has its hazardous side aswell.

lol @ aikido, I could see anyone taking down an aikido guy with a double/single leg takedown or even knocking the aikido guy out with a straight punch.

Of course, theres no such thing as perfect martial art. Therefore, no matter how effective aikido really is, if you dont use it wisely you can get caught up in it. Going in head first into a fight is the most stupid thing anyone could ever do.

Aikido is pretty effective by itself anyway, it can get a hold on you in a way you wouldnt even think. But that doesnt mean that its perfect, nor anything else.

But yeah, a kick or punch to an aikido practitioner would probably send you flying without a word.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:47 AM

I'm highly skilled in dirty tricks. Attacking from behind, attacking out of nowhere, hitting below the belt, getting a mob of some 20 kids to do my dirty work without throwing a single punch. Every fight I've ever won has been because I don't do things fairly. A guy I hated, he told me to punch him in the arm. I smacked him right in the jaw instead. Didn't expect it.
But it's not enought to just fight, you have to cultivate an image, you have to become more than a man in the eyes of your opponent. You see, I'm not much for dishing out punishment but where I excel is my pain threshold. Creepily tough although physically very weak. All I had to do was plant this idea that I was a total masochist and most people were beat before I even laid a finger on them.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:08 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 08 December 2007 - 10:17 AM.

QUOTE (tuareg @ Dec 8 2007, 04:31)
Aikido is pretty effective by itself anyway, it can get a hold on you in a way you wouldnt even think. But that doesnt mean that its perfect, nor anything else.

But yeah, a kick or punch to an aikido practitioner would probably send you flying without a word.

Human inperfection is why O' Sensei had studied and mastered so many different martial arts in the first place. Perfection is found in a moment. Everything and nothing have something in common within a moment. Perfection can be experienced yet most of us are not perfect most of the time unless we accept what is as neccisary to grow.

He created Aikido after what could be called an Epiphany and is rather well recorded by him and others that were there.

Aikido was meant to be the way to find harmony within any martial enviorment and can exist harmoniously with any art. It is highly anti-competitive though and although some of this has changed in the teaching process there is a very good reason for it. We learned how to kill first thing and we learned that every throw, counter and even our distancing can all be fatal to an opponent. Not to mention our weapon training is fierce and usually is to deal with being outnumbered at least 2 to one and often as many as 15 to one.

10 man training is done both in throws, escapes and with weapons.

O'Sensei was always against the Olympics and what it taught about failure and success. The spirit of one-upism is not Aiki and I have chosen to create a mockery of that spirit in my former post for a very good reason. The judge of ones training and methodolgy is different in a ring than it is in an engagement of the real and mortal order. Competitiveness can bring humanity to heights only with a spirit of good sportsmanship and in many competitions that is not present. The harmonious spirit of this is one of the many reasons O'Sensei has made it impossible for Aikido to ever be in the Olympics.

Sure militaries borrow from us but we have borrowed from them and over 300 martial arts as well through the decisions of our founder.

I myself have studied to rank 13 different arts over the last 31 years and I still came home to my mother art Aikido. It is home. And it is safer to me and my family because I do not need strength over anyone and omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence may be the complex of position that my opponents hold yet I have not need of those things to acheive my goals when faced with conflict. For when I enter conflict I still become one with my opponents and we settle the situation as an organism at struggle with itself does.

This philosophy has done much for me in my short life. I have had enemies become my allies in the midst of combat. I have avoided combat with words and few of them. I have won without touching my opponent at all. I have thrown men three times my weight and with less body fat than I. Yet this is only the beginning.

The same can be said of how it has humbled me. For I have been thrown and pinned by a girl, much younger than I, along side another man whom was thrown by her and pinned at the same time. The other man was over twice my weight and two heads taller than I yet the girl was lighter and shorter than either of us. I felt no shame or defeat and afterwards felt joy at being thrown that way. I have never seen size or appearance the same since. I was 25 and the other man was a man to be reckoned with. She was 14 years of age.

This is Aikido.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:26 AM

Martial exchange is a very useful thing. It makes arts become more and more perfect. Because, you just cant get stuck with one art. You have to learn about the ways of others. Only a few arts are well rounded enough to be effective in many different ways by themselves. But even then they are far too complex.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Dec 8 2007, 05:26)
Martial exchange is a very useful thing. It makes arts become more and more perfect. Because, you just cant get stuck with one art. You have to learn about the ways of others. Only a few arts are well rounded enough to be effective in many different ways by themselves. But even then they are far too complex.

icon14.gif All of my heart agrees with you. If you understand enough about yourself the most complex thing will unravel and join with you in natural simplicity. xD icon14.gif

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:29 AM

Kid pushed me from behind in social studies. I turned and punched his tooth through his lip and was expelled from the school.

Fedor Emelianenko
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:49 PM Edited by Fedor Emelianenko, 09 December 2007 - 04:07 PM.

QUOTE (tuareg @ Dec 8 2007, 09:31)
Aikido might be effective against drunks, however I'd put my money on a muay thai fighter or a wrestler fighting against an aikido practitioner

I see this happening to an aikido practitioner fighting a wrestler
user posted image user posted image

and I see something like this happening to an aikido practitioner fighting a muay thai fighter

user posted image

High kicks maybe since they are risky, but not punches, this isn't a steven segal movie lol.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:55 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 08 December 2007 - 02:11 PM.

QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 8 2007, 07:49)
Aikido might be effective against drunks, however I'd put my money on a muay thai fighter or a wrestler fighting against an aikido practitioner

and I see something like this happening to an aikido practitioner fighting a muay thai fighter

user posted image

High kicks maybe since they are risky, but not punches, this isn't a steven segal movie lol.

That is not an Aikido hold.

And you can think what ever you please.

Yet I notice your high bar Pro Wrestler and Pro Fighter Air of Superiority Complex a mile away.

Are you a professional figher?

I am just curious but for the record...If you are putting money on the situation for a professional fight I will do something you won't expect for a reason that seems beyond your comprehension.

He could have finished at any time but this is a demonstration. Every throw in Aikido can be made more damaging by degree and perogative of the aikidoist with fatal as always being an option with EACH throw.

You see only the softest of throws because it takes skill to not hurt someone and and still subdue them. The types of fights you are suggesting have other perogatives than you sujest. Also, as a practitioner of many arts I have to say that any style which encourages Martial Exchange is going to benefit.

Aikido has had this exchange with Capoeira since before the founders death and although it is not often visible in many purist izha and waza it is still with us abounding. We have learned much from each other and our brother arts where ever they are we appriciate.

Consider this a well known Wu Shu, or Wushu if you prefer, and Martial Kung Fu maxim: If you can touch a mans face gentlily then you can kill a man. The reason is:It is more difficult to touch a man's face than it is to strike it....over twice as hard.

So, are you formally making that bet?

A person whom has studied Aikido only against a Muay Tai or a Wrestler in a competitive match?

I have known Sensei, Sifu, Samba Nimb and many other tittles that would not be so bold to claim what you have claimed. Not even out of fear or frailty or anything like that but out of respect and understanding that is the difference between those whom know and those whom simply profess vainly.

I think you may be correct in a compitition match and mostly because it is against Aikido practices to compete like that at all for a multitude of reasons that start with this one. You set up a match and then you start imosing more rules until you gain a false advantage and all the time pushing the lack of humility higher and higher. This is not the way of the warrior. It is the way of the showman and the clown.

That is why we learn how easy it is to kill and then learn how important it is to know how to avoid that until neccisary to escalate the levels of conflict. We stop when the needed level is attained.

A)Doing nothing is preferable unitl we must do something.

B)Moving is the next best thing and keeping proper distancing remains important.

C)Redirecting without touch is next if possible.

D)/1)Then Following,Joining,Borrowing and Contributing Force unite the two into one.....soon this gives way to throws, the Uke and Nage are in motion...Holds also happen here.

2)Hurting..Holds continue yet other things are here as well including strikes be they with any body tool or weapon the person uses.

3)Maiming is next....this is not sad unless it can be prevented.

4)/I.Killing is next....yet we would prefer things not get this bad it happens from time to time but this is not the end of our levels of conflict.

II.)Slaughter....This is when killing one is not enough and you must kill many and often all opposition.

III.)Massacre....This is sad and techically there are no oppositon surviving this.

IV.)Purge.....Everone dies that is in opposition....Usually property is also destroyed.

V.)Annihilate....You destroy everything.

VI.)Complete Omission......OK, this is bad and it is called many things. Basically everything and everone dies including your side because of the need for deniablity or whatever.

These names are called many things in different languages but to be fair these progressions are why Aikido is the way it is. If you master the way to reduce the level needed you can give your opponent the chance to change his/her ways before it goes up to the next level and often gain an ally while doing so. Many measurements of such things within the martial science and arts consolidate some of these steps and others do not. Yet there are distinctions in regard to self (personal) and self (other) that can and should be addressed when possible...LIKE NOW.

If you don't get it.......Go think about life and get off your self righteous high horse.

Fedor Emelianenko
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:38 PM Edited by Fedor Emelianenko, 08 December 2007 - 01:41 PM.

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 8 2007, 12:55)

A person whom has studied Aikido only against a Muay Tai or a Wrestler in a competitive match?
No, the muay thai fighter also has a black belt in brazilian jujitsu, and the wrestler is a greco roman wrestler with decent boxing.

I am sure you know who anderson silva and randy couture are, they are the fighters in those animated gifs I posted.

But hell, even a one dimensional wrestler would destroy an aikido practitioner simply by taking him down with a single leg/double leg takedown and then mount him and ground n pound away.

aikido practitioners are like fish out of water on their backs, oh and lol @ that video what a joke, enjoy your ineffective art, even judo is more effective.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 8 2007, 12:49)

user posted image

You have somewhat valid, but very futile conceptions. Its true, Muay Thai has been proven to be a very effective fighting style, being extremely aggressive. In the 70's it proved its power by defeating many hardcore martial artists (masters at that), even beating Bruce Lee once at the shoot of "The big boss", os so they say.

However, cage fighting is the most basic form of fighting. Street fighting, kicking, punching wherever/whenever, stomping on eachother, ripping hairs out and stuff.

Martial arts on the other hand are formed out combat/defence systems. They, especially aikido, are built to see the gap in the defence/attack of the enemy, and use it for their will. As i said before, aikido is the main reason why martial arts cannot be compared with one another.

Most fighting styles are full contact arts (taekwondo, kyokushin karate, muay thai etc). Aikido differs from this full contact fighitng style. Its a whole other league of fighting. It formed to combat these attacks that almost all martial arts use, full contact attacks. Your very first attack against an aikido practitioner would be a mistake instantly.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:27 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 08 December 2007 - 02:50 PM.

QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 8 2007, 08:38)
But hell, even a one dimensional wrestler would destroy an aikido practitioner simply by taking him down with a single leg/double leg takedown and then mount him and ground n pound away.

aikido practitioners are like fish out of water on their backs, oh and lol @ that video what a joke, enjoy your ineffective art, even judo is more effective.

Ahh, I get it you have aikidoists all in one box together.

There are many schools of Aikido and the flavors are many.

I like how you ignore a huge amount of my post because it doesn't fit with your idea of Aikido. Aikido like many styles can be used to different effects and there are many different schools of Aikido as well.

You over generalize. Perhaps you should name the particular schools of Aikido you are referring too.

Regardless, any style that is just one style and doesn't Exchange is going to fail.

For the record Aikido was the first of the arts to exchange with other arts of the world and also was the first offered to non asians publicly.

The only reason you have any crossing over arts from other places is difficult to find pre WWII and O' Sensei instructed Americans before that war.

So regardless your point is mute.

Also, you overgeneralization is ridiculous because Aikido encourages the study of many arts.

I suggest several years of Pa Kua or Ba Gwa depending on your spelling preference for you.....With a Master of the Style perferably an old woman from Hong Kong whom is a known Master... so you can discover why everyone bows when she passes It will impove your testosterone fed feeling about styles and then bring you back down to earth.

Fedor Emelianenko
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:53 PM Edited by Fedor Emelianenko, 08 December 2007 - 05:53 PM.

Maybe this aikido like throw that was executed in a recent mma bout will make you feel better.

user posted image

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

@Fedor Emelianenko:

Stop making yourself stupid as soon as you registered here, seriously. Looks like you have no idea what you're talking about! Judo is quite close to Aikido and my "teacher" or "sensei" (or whatever you call it) is quite good at Aikido and teached some Aikido sometimes after the practice... Well I quited Judo cos I got so often broken fingers and so on and it got too tough, like 5 times a week cos I were in the competitionteam (again, not sure what you call it)

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 8 2007, 09:53)
Maybe this aikido like throw that was executed in a recent mma bout will make you feel better.

user posted image

This was your last post..did you not see my question from yesterday? Stand up and introduce yourself..ladies and gentlemen..Fedor Emelianenko is a Pride mixed martial arts champion in the heavyweight category back in ..what was it..2003? Is it you? or have you taken someone's name as your alias?

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Land Of Confusion @ Dec 7 2007, 19:02)
I got into a fight once, not proud of it, but I sort of told this guy to watch his mouth because I thought I was so bad ass, which I wasn't, infact I was the opposite. But anyway, we arrangeed a fight, and I tried to get out of it by just slapping him, he stood still, and I turned back to the crowd and said "Come on this guy doesn't want to fight!", the second I turned back around I got my ass handed to me, I got the royal sh*t beaten out of me because of my huge ego.

Now I avoid fights, and if I ever have to get in to one again, I'll either run, or if I have no other options, kick them in the balls (don't give me any sh*t about honor, if it's self defense, there shouldn't be rules for the defender) then slam there head into the wall and run.

I'm sorry, but that is pretty much the dumbest thing to do. If you kick a guy in the balls to try and escape a fight, expect to be beaten in the face with a bat, because the guy isn't just going to forget about you. You're his number one target then on, and I know that I wouldn't ever forget that sh*t.

Avoid fights, sure. But if you end up f*cking up and find yourself in one, I wouldn't pull any of the sh*t you just said.

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Zak. @ Dec 8 2007, 22:11)

I'm sorry, but that is pretty much the dumbest thing to do. If you kick a guy in the balls to try and escape a fight, expect to be beaten in the face with a bat, because the guy isn't just going to forget about you. You're his number one target then on, and I know that I wouldn't ever forget that sh*t.

Avoid fights, sure. But if you end up f*cking up and find yourself in one, I wouldn't pull any of the sh*t you just said.

Or never get into fight, and if you get, run or fight like a man! never to balls!!!

Fedor Emelianenko
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:45 PM Edited by Fedor Emelianenko, 08 December 2007 - 10:55 PM.

QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 8 2007, 19:46)
This was your last post..did you not see my question from yesterday? Stand up and introduce yourself..ladies and gentlemen..Fedor Emelianenko is a Pride mixed martial arts champion in the heavyweight category back in ..what was it..2003? Is it you? or have you taken someone's name as your alias?

Of course I am not the real fedor, I am amazed anyone on gtaforums even recognized the #1 mma fighters name, considering most of the people in this thread are obsessed with aikido and are under the illusion that aikido is actually effective because they have watched too many steven segal movies and too many youtube videos where people let aikido guys throw them around.

QUOTE (--supea-- @ Dec 8 2007, 19:36)
@Fedor Emelianenko:

Stop making yourself stupid as soon as you registered here, seriously. Looks like you have no idea what you're talking about! Judo is quite close to Aikido and my "teacher" or "sensei" (or whatever you call it) is quite good at Aikido and teached some Aikido sometimes after the practice... Well I quited Judo cos I got so often broken fingers and so on and it got too tough, like 5 times a week cos I were in the competitionteam (again, not sure what you call it)
Shouldn't you one dimensional aikido guys be getting armbarred or choked out some where ? since you don't have a clue how to defend submissions like the ones below.

DJ102
  • DJ102

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Dec 6 2007, 07:33)

I then took his bike and rolled it to the river next to us.

lol nice move man,this motherf*cker must have been mad as f*ck after searching for his bike in the river

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 9 2007, 00:45)
QUOTE (--supea-- @ Dec 8 2007, 19:36)
@Fedor Emelianenko:

Shouldn't you one dimensional aikido guys be getting armbarred or choked out some where ? since you don't have a clue how to defend submissions like the ones below.

If I understood right (I'm bad at english) you're saying I couldn't block those sh*ts? Of course I can!

Oh and thanks tho to tuareg, tho I know that stuff b4...

Fedor Emelianenko
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:26 PM Edited by Fedor Emelianenko, 08 December 2007 - 11:38 PM.

Anyone else want to defend their imaginary effective wrist throwing art ? lol.gif

--supea-- you should of stuck with judo

user posted image

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:34 PM Edited by bagga rabbit, 09 December 2007 - 04:51 PM.

Censored. blush.gif

Land Of Confusion
  • Land Of Confusion

Semper Recolitus

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Zak. @ Dec 8 2007, 20:11)

I figure you are probably right, I didn't think of it that way. I mean, if someone kicked ME in the balls, and slammed my nose into a wood/concrete/insert material here/ wall, I'd be pretty pissed off, and would not be likely to forget it. And knowing the way most people I've met who seek out fights are, I definately would not want to be on one of their sh*t lists.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:00 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 09 December 2007 - 02:17 AM.

QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko @ Dec 8 2007, 18:26)
Anyone else want to defend their imaginary effective wrist throwing art ? lol.gif

--supea-- you should of stuck with judo

Interesting that you say that. The top 10 studenst of the Kodokan still get to stay with the President of Aikido for a year because the founders of both were friends and knew each otther well and they had certain agreements about Budo.

The entire premise of taking one aikidoist and pretending that a tournament done by him represents all of Aikido or that the practicioner of the other art represents the core or even the best from his art is absurd.

This is a topic about your personal fighting and training including Personal Martial Arts experience.

Just becaue Aikido is my mother art does not mean that is my only school of training and if fact I have stated earlier to the contrary in numerous posts nor does that mean I disclaim Aikido in any way for I am more of an aikidoist for doing just what I did and coming home is something most warriors do. xD

@ Fedor Emelianenko> I feel very differently and disagree from a superior personal perspective in regards to the subject matter of many things you have said. Superior perspective by comparison because as the other aikidoists can assert that you do not know the thing you contest enough to make the statements you do and it is obvious by the ingnorance and incorrect things you assert in your posts on these issues. None the less I still consider you a valuable human being even if I disagree with you adamantly on some issues. colgate.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Topic When you take up an art their are numerous things that you should take into consideration including all the things you want to produce with your study.

Now, don't get me wrong many styles do damage your opponents into submissiona nd I have studied several of those styles as well yet there is more than one way to get submission and the physical prowess of an opponent is not the only thing to consider for there are many things of import to consider in a conflict.

Seizing initiative is one very important thing. The meaning here is specific and is often misunderstood.

Your listening should be to more than just your opponent and you need to remembver to listen to yourself and find your own inner place to operate from.

If I had to choose one martial art and sacrifice the rest of them.......I couldn't do it. I believe that attemting to do so would be an extreme form of self deception. It is not possible to cut off the sources flow because of changes in direction and just because the flow alters does not mean the river is not still one with itself. This metaphor can be useful to explain what it is like to be on the warrior path and learn different things and have a journey that is changing and diverse. Life is like that and it doesn't ask permission to do so nor does it ask for forgiveness yet we may need ask life for either and both at times lest we forget our humanity.

Now since I am still interested in this thread I would like to present a few of the things that come up in conversation with artists once they have an intimate standing with one another yet some are off guard questions to ask any practitioner. Some of these are bold and if answered in actual I fully expect some answers that may be long or short and also some that are inspecific or less than fully acurate yet alluding and suggestive to a truth to be shared. Eventually I will answer them myself but I thought I would offer the oppurtunity to others since I did not start this thread.

These questions are about personal experience, in relation to combat and training, and not opinion outside of personal experience

How many times have events happened that have changed your view about combat? How did your view change? Has this happened more than once? Were these experiences ever the same?

Can you displace their importance from your life or do they still influence you?

After delivering serious injury to another what did you feel? Is that all you felt or did things change over time?

Do you ever feel the need to justify your actions after combat to yourself or others?

Do you know the laws of your land and other lands you travel in regards to Exhibition of Force, Application of Force, Excessive Force and Deadly Force?

How do these laws affect you?

Is your art accepted in your location?

Are any of your arts considered a clandestine study?

How many times have you put someone else into emergency or critical care do to injuries from combat? How long? How severe?

How many times have you been put in emergency or critical care due to combat? How long? How severe?

How many times have you delivered or sustained damage that required emergency or critical care due to combat?

How many times have you been required to fill out a police report due to an altercation that you considered yourself a participant in the exchange of force? How did you feel before, during and after the reporting?

Have you made any serious mistakes?

Have you ever had problems with guilt, shame or blame? If so, what did you do about that and how did you relieve it? Or did you?

Have you experienced the presence of death in combat? You can share what you will...if you are able. This does not mean that you yourself were involved just present.

Do you value life outside of your own? Why?

What do you like and dislike about formalities in training locations, schools and instructors?

Have you ever left a trainer or training facility for reasons of ethics?

Have you ever joined a trainer or training facility for the reason of ethics?

What works in your opinion and why? What does not work and why?

Are you familiar with the local law enforcement? How? Have you been familair with other law enforcement?

Are you familiar with the courts? How?

Are you reluctant to engage with a particular type of combatant? Why?

How does fight or flight instinct affect you and what symptoms do you recieve?

How do you feel when it is on? How do you feel after it is done? How do you feel about these two things and how are they related to your feelings about yourself?

Do you often desire to damage someone whom is an inferior combatant?

How do you feel about those whom you consider a superior combatant?

Have you ever had a block in your flow/source/soul? What do you do about it? How often has it happened? Do you have a particular way of describing it to others and yourself that seems to communicate the issue?

Do you appriciate, enjoy and even love life?

Have you ever suffered from a martial disease? Which ones and how long did they remain with you?

If an altercation approaches when a movement starts and it begins how do you feel about the thing referred to as "the game"? Please explain?

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope that some of you find this interesting or useful to answer and share. Not everyone whom visits this thread is or has been a serious combatant and many will not understand the purpose of certain questions. Those of you that do.......Here is to you, REGARDS. icon14.gif

.......and perhaps some of those experienced people can demonstrate the value of honesty and sharing some of this. If not, I understand. If so, I applaud you.

Sincerely, HGF

Fedor Emelianenko
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 9 2007, 02:00)
Just becaue Aikido is my mother art does not mean that is my only school of training and if fact I have stated earlier to the contrary in numerous posts nor does that mean I disclaim Aikido in any way for I am more of an aikidoist for doing just what I did and coming home is something most warriors do. xD

All I was trying to say is aikido by itself or even as your main style is a joke, and if you are going to train in only one style you might as well train in a more effective style like judo, BJJ, sambo, wrestling, muay thai etc.

You say you train in other styles so it doesn't really matter, but tuareg is still stupid for saying aikido is pretty effective by itself.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:28 PM

What we're talking about here is actually very pointless. Comparing arts with each other is pointless. They are all different, wich means a full contact martial art juts cant be compared with a grappling style martial art. Comparing two full contact styles is fine. But it doesnt work with grappling.

Arts that include grappling utilize the attacks that striking style arts use from the very begining. Pretty much like weapon based martial arts cant be compared with grappling and or striking styles.

QUOTE (Fedor Emelianenko)
You say you train in other styles so it doesn't really matter, but tuareg is still stupid for saying aikido is pretty effective by itself.

if you are going to train in only one style you might as well train in a more effective style like judo, BJJ, sambo, wrestling, muay thai etc.

Okay, i'll play.

So, what your trying to say is that aikido would be uneffective in a cage fight, right? That might be true, but nothing says that muay thai, judo, or brazilian jiujitsu wouldnt turn out the same way either. They would be just about the same as aikido in this case. Wich comes down to my previous post, arts cant be compared with one another.

Yes i agree, aikido by itself wouldnt be too effective in a cage fight, you have to have more experience than just one art if you use aikido in something like a cage fight. But i wasnt talking about cage fighting. I was talking about self defence.

Layorz
  • Layorz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:17 PM Edited by Layorz, 09 December 2007 - 01:20 PM.

Hmm... Lets see, a fight when I was ten.I was basically havign disagreements with my best friend, then on the way home my 7 year old brother is walking behind him mocking him. My mate shoves him into a fence, and I walk up, grab him by the the cuff of his shirt, throw him on the ground and kick him in the back 10 times. One of the worst things I have ever done in my own opinion.

A fight when I was 12, this random dude comes up to me at school and bumps into me. This guy is an all round dick, so I shove him. He turns around and comes at me so I kick him in the stomach. He was down for a few minutes.

A fight when I was 13. Im in maths class, and this indian guy accuses me of stealing his pen... Problem was I just bought the pen from a store the other day. He doesnt believe me, trys to take it by threatening me with a compass and I lose my cool and give him a jab in the chest. He decides "white boys cant fight" and takes a swing at me, misses, and receives a hook in the head. Teacher broke it up then and put us both on detention.

Most recent fight, last year when I was 16. This jock dude was picking on me 2 weeks into school (I was new to the school), and then he grabs me from behind. We basically wrestle around, with him having the upper hand until I got on top of him and gave him an elbow in the side. I came out with a blood nose, and we just laughed at the stupidity of it and became friends.
====
I have no real style, and I only ever had two lessons of Tae Kwon Do. However my mums current partner has offered to teach me some karate or something, he was ex-NZ SAS so should be good

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Layorz @ Dec 10 2007, 02:17)
Hmm... Lets see, a fight when I was ten.I was basically havign disagreements with my best friend, then on the way home my 7 year old brother is walking behind him mocking him. My mate shoves him into a fence, and I walk up, grab him by the the cuff of his shirt, throw him on the ground and kick him in the back 10 times. One of the worst things I have ever done in my own opinion.

A fight when I was 12, this random dude comes up to me at school and bumps into me. This guy is an all round dick, so I shove him. He turns around and comes at me so I kick him in the stomach. He was down for a few minutes.

A fight when I was 13. Im in maths class, and this indian guy accuses me of stealing his pen... Problem was I just bought the pen from a store the other day. He doesnt believe me, trys to take it by threatening me with a compass and I lose my cool and give him a jab in the chest. He decides "white boys cant fight" and takes a swing at me, misses, and receives a hook in the head. Teacher broke it up then and put us both on detention.

Most recent fight, last year when I was 16. This jock dude was picking on me 2 weeks into school (I was new to the school), and then he grabs me from behind. We basically wrestle around, with him having the upper hand until I got on top of him and gave him an elbow in the side. I came out with a blood nose, and we just laughed at the stupidity of it and became friends.
====
I have no real style, and I only ever had two lessons of Tae Kwon Do. However my mums current partner has offered to teach me some karate or something, he was ex-NZ SAS so should be good

Why did you never tell me about this fight last year?

Even though it wasnt that bad... Still man youd wanna know if i had a fight

ON TOPIC: I fight all dem hoes icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users