Fighting experience

128 replies to this topic
deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:33 AM

I want to know what fights you guys been in, what caused it, who won, and what you have learned from it.

alternativly, what fighting style are you being trained in (karate, boxing, cqc)

I'll start:

I remember when i was in the 6th grade and there was this guy who really hated me. One day as i was walking home from school, he jumped off his bike and knocked me to the ground to throw a few sucker punches at me. I headbutted him and I knee'd him in the stomache. I then kicked him in his right shin a few times so that he would have trouble getting up. I then took his bike and rolled it to the river next to us. Then i ran all the way home because I saw a few of his friends coming our way.

that's when i learned that there was no such thing as a fair fight.

no training btw.

(yes, i know that it was really a weak fight but keep in mind that i only weighed 95 pounds at the time)

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:36 AM

I've been in one fight, even if you can call it a fight. My girlfriend at the time was getting harassment from some f*cktard, so I waited until the end of the day, at the gates. I saw him and followed him to the bus stop where I broke his nose. Just a couple of punches and kicks while he was on the floor. It's not really much of a fight though. confused.gif

Im Rick James B**ch!
  • Im Rick James B**ch!

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

^how brave of you to kick someone when their on the deck.

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Im Rick James B**ch! @ Dec 6 2007, 22:55)

Who bloody cares?

Obviously you're fighting the person for a reason (even if it's a random attack, in which case it would be self defence). So why would it matter if you kick them while they're down? You care what they'll think of you? lol

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Maverick. @ Dec 6 2007, 13:06)
QUOTE (Im Rick James B**ch! @ Dec 6 2007, 22:55)

Who bloody cares?

Obviously you're fighting the person for a reason (even if it's a random attack, in which case it would be self defence). So why would it matter if you kick them while they're down? You care what they'll think of you? lol

Do to them, what they would do to you.
They all would aswell, the days of 2 guys prancing around with their 'dukes' up are long gone.

Recent fights I have seen have always involved some kind of weapon, maybe a pool cue, beer bottle etc, I havent seen a fair fight since I was at school.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:10 PM

Fighting is for bitches.

It takes real men to step away from the idiots trying to start one.

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Justin @ Dec 6 2007, 23:10)
Fighting is for bitches.

hahahaha, that honestly made me laugh.

<3 Fuzzy.

Im Rick James B**ch!
  • Im Rick James B**ch!

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:17 PM Edited by Im Rick James B**ch!, 06 December 2007 - 01:03 PM.

My school is old fashioned like that.

No Maverick, nothing to with impression. Once you kick someone who is down, you basically toss "honour" aside, for both parties. That means that you are essentially opening a floodgate for "too far" responses, ie knife. Not knowing the guy, he may not of honoured the code anyway, but he still probably had his "not worth it" boundaries until you pissed him off (more) by going that extra step.

Turtle
  • Turtle

Straight off Beat Street

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Im Rick James B**ch! @ Dec 6 2007, 12:17)

No Masterkraft, nothing to with impression. Once you kick someone who is down, you basically toss "honour" aside, for both parties. That means that you are essentially opening a floodgate for "too far" responses, ie knife. Not knowing the guy, he may not of honoured the code anyway, but he still probably had his "not worth it" boundaries until you pissed him off (more) by going that extra step.

I don't think you get it. It had nothing to do with "honour" it was just about making him feel pain. He was harrasing his girlfriend.

The most recent incident wasn't a fight just a few punches not even worth recaping. If we see each other walking down the streets and we start going. I'll tell you about it

Im Rick James B**ch!
  • Im Rick James B**ch!

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Turtle @ Dec 6 2007, 22:39)

No Masterkraft, nothing to with impression. Once you kick someone who is down, you basically toss "honour" aside, for both parties. That means that you are essentially opening a floodgate for "too far" responses, ie knife. Not knowing the guy, he may not of honoured the code anyway, but he still probably had his "not worth it" boundaries until you pissed him off (more) by going that extra step.

I don't think you get it. It had nothing to do with "honour" it was just about making him feel pain. He was harrasing his girlfriend.

The most recent incident wasn't a fight just a few punches not even worth recaping. If we see each other walking down the streets and we start going. I'll tell you about it

No, it is you who struggles to interpret the conversation.

He was "making him feel pain" because it was in his best interests, correct? Well, if you read my post properly, you will see that such action may perpetuate the matter more than would be by a simple punch. Perpetuation which is also in his best interests to avoid.

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Im Rick James B**ch! @ Dec 7 2007, 00:02)
QUOTE (Turtle @ Dec 6 2007, 22:39)

No, it is you who struggles to interpret the conversation.

He was "making him feel pain" because it was in his best interests, correct? Well, if you read my post properly, you will see that such action may perpetuate the matter more than would be by a simple punch. Perpetuation which is also in his best interests to avoid.

Unless he himself has a knife. Then sh*t gets interesting wink.gif .

But seriously, I see where you're coming from, but 9 time out of 10 it won't go any further. Well in my city/suburb anyway.

Im Rick James B**ch!
  • Im Rick James B**ch!

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

Where i live it's ensured to go further. People are far too concerned about being tough.

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:57 PM Edited by --supea--, 07 December 2007 - 10:51 AM.

I don't fight. If I may say myself, I'm quite strong, 65 push-ups/minute and I trained judo for about 3 years. Sometimes I do some fights with friends were not suppoused to hurt other but usually when someone attack me, I just leave the place cool way tounge2.gif

I think I'm so nice guy that nobody wants to really beat me, well never happened for real....

I'm a weak pussy and I get beated up on avarage 1.375 times a week.

sh*t i cant sp33k inglish todai

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:00 PM Edited by flicko, 06 December 2007 - 07:11 PM.

QUOTE (--supea-- @ Dec 6 2007, 18:57)
65 push-ups/minute

Pfft, amatuer. rolleyes.gif

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Break 'yo self!

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

I try to keep violence to a minimum nowadays, but there's always some prick who just won't let you walk away. If you keep your calm and throw focused punches while the other guy is swinging like crazy in any random direction, your probably going to win.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Justin @ Dec 6 2007, 05:10)
Fighting is for bitches.

Yeah, the one thing I've learned about fighting is that your face hurts a lot longer and a lot more than your pride.

There have been moments where fighting isn't really a choice in my life, though. Being jumped or mugged, but that's different. In situations like that you don't have time to think, you just sort of react. Chances are that most people fighting in a situation like that, regardless of training, are just being completely wild. I've seen black belts in Karate begin sparring and just lose any notion of technique, and I've seen boxers begin kicking instead of using their honed punches.

You know who will win a fight every time? The person fighting for survival. When a person is just fighting for something stupid like pride, everything is calculated, they make judgments on what they're going to do, etc. On the other hand, if you've just been suddenly assaulted, you might find yourself scratching out eyeballs and running a block and a half before your assailant even falls to his knees screaming.

That's mostly the type of fights I've been in, those quick, do-the-first-and-most-effective-thing type of situations. I've really just been lucky in that regard, but in the end I think most fights like that come down to luck anyway.

I took karate when I was a kid though, it was kind of fun. Karate is like, pretty far from teaching you how to fight, it's more along the lines of teaching you how to defend yourself, but most factors of it are defensive rather than offensive, depending on the style. In any case, I quit karate after I got a punching bag for $40 and realized I didn't have to waste time and ridiculous Gis and Katas and could just punch that for hours.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:30 PM

I don't really get into fights that much... It's not primarily because I do not want to fight it's just that I don't usually have reason to fight, but recently there has bene this kid beating up another kid who is somewhat overweight and I guess I'll tell him to back off with some mixture of verbal abuse and knuckles....

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

Actually tbh I've been in a couple of fights. First one was with this girl (who is still a bitch) And I think I must of been about 12 at the time. Anyway it ended in me getting sick of her just holding me so I kicked her legs and she fell to the ground crying.
Another one was with a guy! Actually my friend. He came to call for me at my house and I said I couldn't because I was home alone, and looking after my new puppy. Anyway we got into an argument with him and we ended up punching each other in my front room. Thinking about it now, I must of gotten into about 5 punch ups with him and I have scars from the fights. God what a c*nt.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:37 PM

I trained Karate, boxing, kick boxing, TaeKwonDo, Judo, Aikido

Its something in the family. We all know martial arts. Although i dont really like boxing, i only wanted to try it out. Its now verry disciplined like Asian martial arts

I had a lot of professional fights in my life. Fights on tournaments. You know how it is: Win some, lose some

Just for the record I'm not from Asia, I'm European

johnson.
  • johnson.

OGbobby

• The Precinct
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:41 PM

Some kid was talking sh*t about my mother, he was bigger then me more bulky. He planned on having all his friends to fight me. I asked him why couldint he fight me himself. He began walking away claiming that if we fought, he'd hurt me. Unexpectedly he turned and punched me in the face and began taking off. I went after him, grabbed him by the head turned him around and gave him a few punches to the face. Little faggit began crying and I kept whaling on his face. Threw him into a poll cut his back, he tried running again i grabbed his shirt wich ripped. I kept pounding on his face, he fell to the ground and I stood over him and still kept knocking on face with my fist. He began screaming for his friends to get him off me but none of them dared to even get close, i guess it was because they thought if they touched me they get the same fate as there friend did. Finally after a few more seconds of pounding on his face I stopped and stepped back, he was all bloody, sh*t torn and crying.

A crowed gathered wich was expected i guess since it was at a football game. I guess you can say my style of fighting is street. I'm not exactly afraid of taking things to the extreme like using some sort of weapon, or using my surrounding to inflict more pain. If i had to i'd probably curb stomp somebody.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:50 PM Edited by flicko, 07 December 2007 - 08:57 PM.

I've never bin in a physical fight but I am always prepared, I took martial arts, Tang Soo Doo which is Korean. I achieved the highest Dan, which is Dan 9, midnight blue belt.

It took some time to achieve, you have to wait a year to achieve 8th Dan, red belt and two years to achieve 9th Dan, midnight blue belt.

The final test was to write a 3 hour essay about my skills and answer questions on Tang Soo Doo, while everybody else at grading were sat in front of me, in view of me.

After that I had to perform a flying roundhouse kick and smash a board, which I did second time. Then I had to smash 3 blocks with my elbow, which was pretty easy.

I then had to perform a routine in which I performed all the moves I had practised, which took around 20 minutes.

When I had passed the grandmaster congratulated me by shaking my hand and giving me some itchy powder, which I had to place in my mouth and do 10 press ups, which is a tradition. Straight after I srinted to the toilet to spit it out. It was f*ckin horrible.

So yeah I'm prepared for a fight, but it hasn't occured as of yet.

Dem57
  • Dem57

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:55 PM

well this was a year or two ago, but what the hell.....

Ok, i was about 13 and had just moved school to an nothern isolated little town( i live in sweden so that pretty far north) where people still say stuff like "ni**er" and think that all chines live in small huts and work att rice field (honest!). anyways, there was this guy that was annoing me all the time, especially when we were playing land hockey. so i told him to f*ck of basicly and he started to shout stuff like "ill send all my mates to your hous and beat the sh*t out of you" but i didn't care and just walked away. but later on that day, after lunch (free school lunch FTW!) i whent to the class room to get a land hockey stick, but when i got there he was standing there with three of of his mates, one with asperger syndorme (a bit nutty basicly) and they stood there, the crazy guy with a hockey stick in his hand blocking the entrance, so i just push't my way through, but then one guy, the nutty guy, jumped me from behined so i push't him so that he fell onto the floor and started to beat the guy that i told to f*ck of until he layed on the floor. after that i turn around and the the guy with the hockey stick was standing again and he hit me in my forehead with it. so there i was laying on the floor past out whit blood comming out of my forehead and the just run away!. after i had a few stiches done att the doctors, i was back at school after about 3 days. sadly enough, nothing happend to them since there under 15 and are "not responseble for their actions" acording to swedish law sad.gif

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 6 2007, 21:00)
QUOTE (--supea-- @ Dec 6 2007, 18:57)
97 push-ups/minute

Pfft, amatuer. rolleyes.gif

I'm amateur dontgetit.gif

Fleckz
  • Fleckz

~ Psych Ward ~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Dec 6 2007, 07:36)
I've been in one fight, even if you can call it a fight. My girlfriend at the time was getting harassment from some f*cktard, so I waited until the end of the day, at the gates. I saw him and followed him to the bus stop where I broke his nose. Just a couple of punches and kicks while he was on the floor. It's not really much of a fight though. confused.gif

I have to agree with what you done. If some f*ck was f*cking around with my girl I'd kick their f*cking teeth in.

I have no style of fighting, I just throw punches anywhere I can.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

I really don't care what you say about honour and all this bullsh*t. That's the last thing you think about in a situation like that. He wouldn't have been armed, we didn't go to that sort of school and he's just a dick that likes to run his mouth off. If I hadn't have done, someone else would. I'm not proud of it, hell no, I don't like fighting but she was nearly in tears because of it.

GTA1: Thanks, glad someone would. icon14.gif

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:17 PM Edited by kevin2006rhs, 06 December 2007 - 11:29 PM.

I haven't had my ass handed to me since I was about 11 or so. Tried to fight a local bully, only eneded up taking a shot to the face and as I fell, he kneed me in the chin where upon i bit hole straight through my tounge. It sucked, but I lived.

I got into two fights in high school. In the first one, we were both freshman, and the kid punched me in the back of my head and started to prance around me in a counter-clockwise fashion. Couldn't land a hard right, so I swung a blind left hook. Split his cheek open at the cheekbone. He stumbled back and I held him against the wall with my forearm on hist throat until the vice-principle showed up. In the second one, both of us sophomores. We were in this Home Ec. class and he thought I called him a bitch. He was a little gangster white boy wanna be thug, in a school where there were only 2 black kids in our graduating class. He was a joke. But he kept on pushing that I called him a bitch and started to get really nasty. I finally broke down and said "Ok, your a bitch. Now I called you a bitch, so complain to somebody else about it." He pushed and pushed for me to fight him until he got a lot of his lil friends to think that I was too "chicken" to fight him. I gave in and said "After school, behind Sheetz gas station." The fight didnt last long. He came at me with this double wind-mill looking style and I took a jab at his nose and broke it. His mom tried to file charges, but it was caught on the gas station security tapes.

After high school I got into a lot of combatives due to my enlistment in the army. It was fun but I had a buddy, PFC. Elmer, in my platoon that was a black belt in American Kempo. Army combatives sucked and we realized it real quick when I got out of basic. I got stationed next to the only marine barracks in Ft. Knox (marines there to train to work on the Abrams), when I was in my AIT. Our Sergeants sicked the marines on us for about 3 weeks of constant ass kickings. Bastards didnt really do "combatives"...they did this thing called "body hardening" where they just beat the sh*t out of each other to build up pain resistance. My platoon finally smarted up and started just throwing punches rather than stick to the rules of army combatives like our sergeants wanted. It was the worst way to spend my 5am mornings. Freaking sucked to wake up to an ass kicking.

Style: None. I ca throw great punches and land some really big ones, but I am all for a one on one match going to the ground and getting a guy to give up via submission or chokehold. If you come at me alone there is a good chance I will just throw a couple hard punches and take your ass into the ground, bend you into a pretzel, snap your shoulder, and choke you out.

EDIT: PFC. Elmer. I am 6'2'' and 200lbs. He was a monster.
user posted image

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:25 PM

i did karate for two years when i was younger, and seven years of jiu jitsu.

as for actual fights, out on the street, not too many and i hate talking about them cos it feels like trying to show off over the internet confused.gif . i did some martial arts tournaments at a younger age aswell, under-adult competitions.

now all i do is lift weights, no martial arts and don't wanna do boxing.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (--supea-- @ Dec 6 2007, 13:57)
65 push-ups/minute

I used to do that, until I figured out that I was doing them all wrong.

I'd find that youtube video with the kid basically just humping the floor, but I can't find it.

Anyway, I've never truly been in a fight. A kid once hit me twice in the back of the head with an empty water bottle, so I smacked him with it on his head and threw it out. That's about it. I once got jumped also, but it was two against one.

I remember being at a friends house once (8th grade). You know the type, loud as a motorbike....but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight

I started messing with him in his house. I wouldn't really call it a fight, but I got him on the floor plenty of times and in choke holds (I was messing around, and didn't want to start throwing punches and sh*t). I was kinda surprised, cause I've always been a quiet person and not what you might call "a strong and well trained man".

It was the closest I've ever gotten to a real fight

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:00 AM

Though I haven't been in a fight before, I feel I'm somewhat physically prepared for one. I've been training intensively in Capoeira for over a year now, and believe it or not, it's a martial art, not a dance.

-slash
  • -slash

thug life

• The Connection

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:05 AM

I've been in a few in my time, most of them impromptu against randoms, sometimes with big weapons, but I will say this: Guaranteed best method to end a fight quickly if there's a long introduction of getting in each other's faces and you know you have a decent hit on you. When you're in their face, you're both going to be all tensed up and have the adrenalin pumping, so from there any hit won't be felt to the full effect. Instead, finish your conversation, and feint turning around to talk away. As your opponent shrugs his shoulders and looks at his friend in a "WTF?" manner, turn back around and nail him in one motion. It hurts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users