HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (weirdal @ Dec 5 2007, 22:04)
QUOTE (Candarelli @ Dec 5 2007, 20:54)
QUOTE (weirdal @ Dec 5 2007, 22:53)
Jesus Christ, leave it to you guys to turn a tragedy into a religious debate.

Nobody f*cking cares. Shut up already

Eh, you're too late. You shut up.

Eh, sorry. I only read the first couple pages and I just got done talking with someone who lived down the road from this kid. Still getting over how close to home this was. I've been to that mall a number of times. whatsthat.gif

EDIT: and the last religion related post was 6 minute before mine, so meh.

Let's just be glad that it wasn't Children's Hospital....that would have been worse.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:12 AM

I used to go to that mall! wow.gif

Used to live in Papillion, pretty quiet compared to Dallas and Frisco. Ah, the fun I've had at the basement arcade there. inlove.gif Too bad people got shot, but life moves on.

@weirdal: Go Bug Eaters! tounge.gif
The Huskers used to be called that.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:28 AM

I would think that the gun angle this starts out on and get into a bit in this thread could have been something completely different.

Like very few of those with guns go insane and more people are insane whom don't have guns.

So, in retrospect to the OP I think I would like to share another spin on the topic link.

The Insanity of Shopping at Von Maur reaches an all time high!

Hell, I have shopped there before and not just there but at other Von Maurs as well. I have never wanted to go on a rampage with a fire arm at Von Maur but I know quite a few people that considered kicking ass on a few of the employees or robbing them blind. Myself, I just stopped shopping there after some hostile nose int the air treatment and it has been quite awhile since I spent any money in one even if I have had to follow family throught the place. How do we know that some snooty customers and a smart ass clerk didn't set him off the week before? I'm not saying that it was a proper way to deal with things but people freaking out and killing others is nothing new to humanity and it was going on long before firearms were ever invented and will continue even when firearms are no more. (God, The Duke, Henry David Thoreau and the 101st Airborne Forbid)

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:31 AM

This might be unrelated, but I truly hate this time of year. We force the pressure of holiday planning and shopping into this tiny four week window. Meanwhile, all of us are still working, going to school, etc. All the retailers save their huge sales for the final month of the year, everybody thinks they have to buy a f*cking present for everyone they know, and people turn into real jerks in the meantime. The assholes trolling your local mall are long in the tooth and short in the fuse this time of year. I can't stand holiday bullsh*t. I feel bad for those affected by the tragedy, but at the same time I'm also glad I don't have to participate in the madness if I don't want to. I stay home.

Canofceleri
  • Canofceleri

OG

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (40ozFreak @ Dec 6 2007, 00:31)
This might be unrelated, but I truly hate this time of year. We force the pressure of holiday planning and shopping into this tiny four week window. Meanwhile, all of us are still working, going to school, etc. All the retailers save their huge sales for the final month of the year, everybody thinks they have to buy a f*cking present for everyone they know, and people turn into real jerks in the meantime. The assholes trolling your local mall are long in the tooth and short in the fuse this time of year. I can't stand holiday bullsh*t. I feel bad for those affected by the tragedy, but at the same time I'm also glad I don't have to participate in the madness if I don't want to. I stay home.

Ditto.

SWEETSAPRIK
  • SWEETSAPRIK

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Sourest Member

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:08 AM

Have they learned nothing from the story of Dr. Richard Kimble?

user posted image

Never trust a one armed man. He was obviously involved in some way, the shifty bastard.

I'm going to avoid the whole "I was in a mall once too, IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME!" crap and just say that I feel bad for the families of those killed. That, and I wish these people would start shooting themselves first, instead of after a rampage. confused.gif

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:24 AM

I heard this on the news this morning and tbh I'm really f*cken sick of hearing so many new stories on how someone goes on a massive rampage killing all these people only to kill themself in the end. Like I don't believe anyone should commit suicide no matter how bad their life is but if you do decide to kill yourself don't take the lives of innocent people.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Nikofan112 @ Dec 6 2007, 09:56)
If these suicidal people want to die, why do they feel the need to take people out with them?

Because they feel they'd rather die making the news than just hanging themselves in their basement.

CHAOS Knighthawk
  • CHAOS Knighthawk

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:27 AM

Crafted bronze, in true is pointed
small, compact, and fast
speeding through a shopping mall
does not regret the past.

Canofceleri
  • Canofceleri

OG

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (CHAOS Knighthawk @ Dec 6 2007, 01:27)
Crafted bronze, in true is pointed
small, compact, and fast
speeding through a shopping mall
does not regret the past.

What the f*ck is your problem?
What are you even trying to say?
You know that sh*t is stupid
and you are very...

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:44 AM

Never mind, they're all getting b& as we speak.

EDIT: oh there we go.

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Nikofan112 @ Dec 6 2007, 12:56)
If these suicidal people want to die, why do they feel the need to take people out with them?

Yeah i know i saw it on the news and said the same thing, but yeah im also not surprised...

Apparently he wanted to go out in style and be famous.. He's just got alot of people hating him now...

Very sad

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:28 AM

See what happens when laws aren't strict enough. Damned bureaucracy!

That's just sad. I feel bad for the family and loved ones of those shot. What kind of vile thing would do that. At least try and reverse the order in the process.

Also, what's wrong with the guy posting poems?

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:32 AM

this is very sad but it just shows how evil this world is becoming.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Dec 6 2007, 17:32)

It's ironic, because your name is 'deathdealer'.

On topic though, you're right. The level of respect and sanity in our world today is obviously not working. Could it do with our modern culture? Regreting the past? Or any possible other things, but this is becoming to common.

Janitor
  • Janitor

Scrubs Hiatus

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:39 AM Edited by Janitor, 06 December 2007 - 06:56 AM.

This is America, it happens.
We just rebuild and support those who have lost thier loved ones.

Edit: Changed for the purposes of preventing a flame-war

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic @ Dec 6 2007, 06:35)
QUOTE (deathdealer @ Dec 6 2007, 17:32)

It's ironic, because your name is 'deathdealer'.

On topic though, you're right. The level of respect and sanity in our world today is obviously not working. Could it do with our modern culture? Regreting the past? Or any possible other things, but this is becoming to common.

my username is referring to my mutiplayer skills.

on topic: well, i read on the yahoo article that he was kicked out of his house by his parents 9long before the shooting) and a few days before the shooting he got fired from his job and his girlfriend dumped him.

on the suicide note, he said "I'm going to be famous now"

It sounds like to me that he wanted the media to blame his parents, his boss, and his ex for his mass murder/suicide and make him look like the victim. f*cking c*nt.

sure, bad things happen to us in life but in the end we are all resonsible for our choices.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Dec 6 2007, 01:46)
sure, bad things happen to us in life but in the end we are all resonsible for our choices.

FTW!

@deathdealer> Nicely done.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

Apparently, the teenage gunman left a note at the mall saying "I want to be famous".

Yeah good job!

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 7 2007, 02:01)
Apparently, the teenage gunman left a note at the mall saying "I want to be famous".

Yeah good job!

In the mall? Hmmm. Have they released the whole note? I get interested in stuff like that. Like, all the shootings. Its terrible but humans are nosey and we all thrive on scandal etc. Itd just be interesting to know exactly what he wrote in it.

Thats sad he was trying to get the media to blame everyone else

I have no pity for people like that. Who hurt other people then themselves. Suicide alone is hurtful to your loved ones, which is why i would NEVER consider it despite how hard life can be. I couldnt hurt the people i love

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:14 PM Edited by flicko, 06 December 2007 - 02:03 PM.

It's on BBC news 24, the note simply read " I want to be famous" that's all that was said.

He was 19 and just recently lost his job, got kicked out of his home a year ago and suffered from depression and recently broke up with his girlfriend. Could have a significance.

[Edit]-

Hawkins left a note indicating that he would no longer be a trouble to people and that he would die famous.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

I would have thought getting fired from McDonalds would be a good thing?

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ Dec 7 2007, 01:00)
I would have thought getting fired from McDonalds would be a good thing?

Ha ha. Post of the year.

lol.gif

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (tommy vs. claude @ Dec 6 2007, 02:06)
QUOTE (LCSurvivor @ Dec 6 2007, 01:04)
Of course the police can, at least try, to stop them, they would be the only ones allowed to carry a gun, so that they can protect the citizens of your country.

If they are the only ones who have guns, they wouldn't have to worry about law-obeying citizens and start hunting the dangerous criminals who somehow got their dirty hands on some gun.

But they won't be the only ones with guns. Do you think criminals are going to turn in their guns?

Well duh, Sherlock, of course criminals probably won't turn in their guns.

But what if you're a cop, a trained law-enforcer, would you want to worry if some innocent citizen, who is not properly trained for situations like this, would get in the way and cause the situation to be even more dangerous?

Likewise, if you're a criminal, and you know that someone is probably armed, you'll shoot first to remove the threat. If guns are prohibited, they know you are no threat and won't shoot you. Tadaa, lives saved, the police ought to take care of it. If you think police is not adequate protection, hire more of them, and/or train them better. It's better for governments not to have vigilantes who have a chance of being killed without them knowing the risk.

Of course, all that won't help with the loonies, but you always will have those. That has more to do with psychology anyway.

Ryuranger
  • Ryuranger

OGLOCK

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus @ Dec 6 2007, 02:47)
QUOTE (Ryuranger @ Dec 6 2007, 00:53)
America should just give up on Guns already...

Wow, because a handful of people died in an Omaha mall? Yes it's a tragedy, but that doesn't mean we have to give up our constitutional rights. Many more people die on a daily basis in car crashes, so shouldn't we also ban cars?

Tighter gun regulations would certainly be a welcome change, though. We don't need crazies shooting up our malls, and yes, the man did do the killings. Guns don't kill 9 shoppers in Omaha, people do.

Guns only have one f*cking reason to be used though, Its used to KILL.

Gun deaths are Preventable, Unlike Car Crashes where some can be Blamed on the Driver while some are Accidents.

I do agree though, America really does need Stricter gun control its like every god damn Yank has a gun on them.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:52 PM

As with everything in life, the vast majority will pay for the crimes of a few. Shootings at one school mean every school has metal detectors, terrorist attack means everyone has security up the ass with the government recording phone calls and monitoring streets, and one tard decides to kill some people and guns get banned. Guns aren't the problem. its the small groups of idiots hat get guns that are the problem. But sadly theres no other way to combat this problem other than making everyone else suffer. So the real question is, whats the price of your freedom? 10 lives a year? 100?

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:59 PM Edited by LCSurvivor, 06 December 2007 - 03:04 PM.

Do you suffer without a gun? Is your gun something you can't miss in your life? Honestly, a gun won't save you if you're mugged, and even if it will, lives will be lost, be it yours or theirs. Everyone has a right to have a fair trial, not you killing them.

'Guns' does not equal 'Freedom', it equal 'Death', whatever way you're looking at it.

But if you really can't live without the damn things, make the damn things more difficult to acquire. Make people do a pschychological test before they can buy a gun. Don't come to me with "They will get them from the black market!" 'cause honestly, I can't see a high school student get into contact with criminals to get a gun.

But it's not my country, so I'll shut my trap now smile.gif

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

You missed my point. My point was that its a small minority that do this sh*t and the rest of the law respecting citizens have to pay for this sh*t when they're keeping and using their guns properly. And its not just a question of a gun "keeping you safe" although it sometimes is, but its also hunting, game shooting, and just a general part of life that you should be allowed to take part in. I have an over-under shotgun and its the highest caliber weapon Ill most likely ever be able to have in Australia, all because of one guy who was a piss poor excuse for a human who killed 35 people 11 years ago.

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus
  • Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

Mantra Mantra Mantra Mantra Mantra Mantra

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Ryuranger @ Dec 6 2007, 14:37)
QUOTE (Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus @ Dec 6 2007, 02:47)
QUOTE (Ryuranger @ Dec 6 2007, 00:53)
America should just give up on Guns already...

Wow, because a handful of people died in an Omaha mall? Yes it's a tragedy, but that doesn't mean we have to give up our constitutional rights. Many more people die on a daily basis in car crashes, so shouldn't we also ban cars?

Tighter gun regulations would certainly be a welcome change, though. We don't need crazies shooting up our malls, and yes, the man did do the killings. Guns don't kill 9 shoppers in Omaha, people do.

Guns only have one f*cking reason to be used though, Its used to KILL.

Gun deaths are Preventable, Unlike Car Crashes where some can be Blamed on the Driver while some are Accidents.

I do agree though, America really does need Stricter gun control its like every god damn Yank has a gun on them.

You forgot about Russian Roulette. Also, guns can be used for protection. There are plenty of non-murderers who have guns, but, of course, the media isn't gonna give them 15-minutes of fame for being outstanding citizens. Honestly, if our society wasn't so cold and morbid, things like this wouldn't be as common. That's human nature, though.

Secondly, nothing is preventable or certain.

When a drunk driver kills a family of 5 while passing a red light, or when an animal darts into the street, causing the driver to crash into a tree and die; it's not preventable. I suppose you think we should ban animals and reinstate prohibition too. Huh, Carrie Nation? biggrin.gif

Anyways, it's obvious that this guy was the product of a failing public school system and a society which bases people's worth on how wealthy they are.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (LCSurvivor @ Dec 6 2007, 10:31)
Well duh, Sherlock, of course criminals probably won't turn in their guns.

But what if you're a cop, a trained law-enforcer, would you want to worry if some innocent citizen, who is not properly trained for situations like this, would get in the way and cause the situation to be even more dangerous?

Umm, three problems.

1: The cops in this case took six minutes to show up. And that's a good response time. On average, it takes like 30 minutes for police to arrive. Gunfights usually only take a matter of seconds, and probably would have been over before the cops arrived.

2: Most people who carry guns have as much (if not more) training than most police officers. On average, police only have to goto the range twice a year to practice and qualify. Most people I know with guns practice twice a month, if not weekly.

3: The mall in question, just like every other place involved in a mass shooting in recent memory, was a posted "gun-free zone." Which means guns were already banned there. These type of things simply do not happen at NRA meetings, gun shows, or shooting ranges where an attacker knows he won't be able to freely kill people for five to thirty minutes before police get there..

Likewise, if you're a criminal, and you know that someone is probably armed, you'll shoot first to remove the threat. If guns are prohibited, they know you are no threat and won't shoot you.

Except, you know, this loser kinda just shot a whole bunch of unarmed people. sigh.gif

If you think police is not adequate protection, hire more of them, and/or train them better. It's better for governments not to have vigilantes who have a chance of being killed without them knowing the risk.

1: It doesn't matter one f*cking bit if it's "better for government." The People in the US are the legal, sovereign authority, and they have a right to keep and bear arms.

2: The courts have ruled repeatedly along the lines that it's "a fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen" (Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C.App 1981)).

QUOTE (LCSurvivor @ Dec 6 2007, 10:59)
Honestly, a gun won't save you if you're mugged, and even if it will, lives will be lost, be it yours or theirs. Everyone has a right to have a fair trial, not you killing them.

1: Depending on who you ask, privately owned firearms are used between 108,000 (National Crime Victimization Survey) to 2.5 million (Florida State criminologist Gary Kleck) times a year to deescalate, prevent, and defend against crimes. Over 90% of the time, merely presenting a firearm is enough to deter a robber/burglar/rapist/etc.. without firing a single shot. When shots are fired, most are a warning or only end up wounding. According to the FBI, only about 200 people are killed in self defense per year.

2: Everyone has a right to protect themselves from being killed. Or do you think a criminal's right to a free trial gives them the right to murder you or something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users