At least 9 shot dead

131 replies to this topic
flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

Yet another American gunshot travesty.

What possesses these people to do such things?

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:47 PM

The worst is, I'm not even suprised anymore by these headlines...

I mean, it sucks for those dead people, but it happens so much I don't even care anymore.
Well, I don't mean they SHOULD die, but I'm getting... Indifferent.

Oh well, RIP etc.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

One witness told MSNBC that the shooter shot victims indiscriminately and even shot a teddy bear.

That sick bastard....

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:27 PM

Geez. What did the teddy bear ever do to piss him off? The surveillance video should be interesting.

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

Wave good-bye to your head wanker!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Dec 5 2007, 23:12)
One witness told MSNBC that the shooter shot victims indiscriminately and even shot a teddy bear.

That sick bastard....

WE WILL REMEMBER
user posted image

Nikofan112
  • Nikofan112

Kneel Before Doctor Insano!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:56 PM

If these suicidal people want to die, why do they feel the need to take people out with them?

Canofceleri
  • Canofceleri

OG

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Nikofan112 @ Dec 5 2007, 19:56)
If these suicidal people want to die, why do they feel the need to take people out with them?

Honestly. It's ignorance and selfishness. I hate hearing this sh*t. One of the worst I heard of was somewhere in the UK I believe, some asshole killed a bunch of kids at a preschool or something.

weirdal
  • weirdal

User posted image

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:38 AM

Lincoln member here. Thankfully all my family and friends in Omaha are safe. My roommate's friend knew the shooter, it's weird when these things hit so close to home.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:47 AM

This sicko is roasting in hell. Give my regards to Gacy and Bundy you moronic piece of sh*t. Damn, why do this? Why hurt so many innocent, unwitting human beings? They didn't know him. They didn't harm him? Yet he destroyed their lives and by association the lives of their families. Selfishness. Vile selfishness. Don't weep for the dead. They'll have justice. Weep for the living who are left behind. Weep for those who must now deal with grief and despair and loss. All because one loser was having a bad day. God will punish him. Devils and demons will drink their fill of his blood every night. He will have no peace for this. He died a coward, a murderer and an insignificant worm. An eternity of torment is his reward.

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Dec 6 2007, 00:47)
This sicko is roasting in hell. Give my regards to Gacy and Bundy you moronic piece of sh*t. Damn, why do this? Why hurt so many innocent, unwitting human beings? They didn't know him. They didn't harm him? Yet he destroyed their lives and by association the lives of their families. Selfishness. Vile selfishness. Don't weep for the dead. They'll have justice. Weep for the living who are left behind. Weep for those who must now deal with grief and despair and loss. All because one loser was having a bad day. God will punish him. Devils and demons will drink their fill of his blood every night. He will have no peace for this. He died a coward, a murderer and an insignificant worm. An eternity of torment is his reward.

dontgetit.gif

[whispered] You're scaring me [/whispered]

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:51 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 06 December 2007 - 12:54 AM.

Freaky, I was in Omaha on the 3rd. wow.gif

I bet it was that punk I saw down there that day walking down the street talking loadly to himself. whatsthat.gif

Just kidding. Omaha is rather large and spread out and I was not anywhere near the malls. And we were in before 9am and out before noon.

Sad, newsbreak that is though. confused.gif

Regards, HGF

EDIT: nice one Typhus but you must remember that the insane get allot of mercy if God wills it.......sometimes he does but not always.

Ryuranger
  • Ryuranger

OGLOCK

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

America should just give up on Guns already...

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Ryuranger @ Dec 5 2007, 19:53)

Quitting guns and knives hasn't assisted England any. Violent crime has gone up.

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Ryuranger @ Dec 6 2007, 00:53)

These guys will still get guns, and since the cops can't stop him he will most likely kill more people.

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

Of course the police can, at least try, to stop them, they would be the only ones allowed to carry a gun, so that they can protect the citizens of your country.

If they are the only ones who have guns, they wouldn't have to worry about law-obeying citizens and start hunting the dangerous criminals who somehow got their dirty hands on some gun.

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (LCSurvivor @ Dec 6 2007, 01:04)
Of course the police can, at least try, to stop them, they would be the only ones allowed to carry a gun, so that they can protect the citizens of your country.

If they are the only ones who have guns, they wouldn't have to worry about law-obeying citizens and start hunting the dangerous criminals who somehow got their dirty hands on some gun.

But they won't be the only ones with guns. Do you think criminals are going to turn in their guns?

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 6 2007, 00:51)
EDIT: nice one Typhus but you must remember that the insane get allot of mercy if God wills it.......sometimes he does but not always.

No mercy.

1. He went on a killing spree

2. He killed himself

No mercy for that. Murder and suicide are both equally weak options. If he had gotten help maybe his life could have been different. But he chose the path of the coward. The path of the pathetic loser who shoots people to enlarge his penis. Do women like him now? Is he more popular for slaughtering his compatriots? Not a hope. Maybe this was all a power trip but the fact remains that he is still just a bitch. The only difference is that he is now a bitch with a big f*cking hole in his head.
Good riddance.

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Dec 6 2007, 01:08)
QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 6 2007, 00:51)

No mercy.

1. He went on a killing spree

2. He killed himself

No mercy for that. Murder and suicide are both equally weak options. If he had gotten help maybe his life could have been different. But he chose the path of the coward. The path of the pathetic loser who shoots people to enlarge his penis. Do women like him now? Is he more popular for slaughtering his compatriots? Not a hope. Maybe this was all a power trip but the fact remains that he is still just a bitch. The only difference is that he is now a bitch with a big f*cking hole in his head.
Good riddance.

I'm not a Christian, but don't you think if this man had a mental illness that your "god" would spare him?

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:16 AM Edited by Typhus, 06 December 2007 - 01:21 AM.

No. Justice and mercy cannot totally co-exist. A man with a broken mind deserves peace. Yet the dead demand justice. One soul roasting, rotting and writhing for killing nine others? Not a bad deal. Our sins catch up to us and this one, this one is a real biggie. Murder is a ripple effect. The damage is long lasting. A man dies, his wife commits suicide in grief, the children are hit with a double barrel of death. It's never clean cut when something like this happens. Other people have to pick up the mess. There can be no mercy for an act that has and will cause such pain. Regardless of his state of mind. God created hell for just such people.

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Dec 6 2007, 01:16)
No. Justice and mercy cannot totally co-exist. A man with a broken mind deserves peace. Yet the dead demand justice. One soul roasting, rotting and writhing for killing nine others? Not a bad deal.

So your saying even though he can't control his actions he still has to pay for them? You argument is full of holes.

bigmamatuna
  • bigmamatuna

Meatrocket

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:21 AM

1) god isn't real
2) hell/heaven isn't real

he's dead. game over. he went out with flair.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:22 AM Edited by Typhus, 06 December 2007 - 01:33 AM.

Ever hear of Utilitarianism? Greatest good for the greatest number. What is the greatest good in this situation in the eyes of the majority of people? I would have to say that it would involve the murderer roasting over a spit until the end of time. His mental health is not an issue. God cannot please everybody at once. There can be no universal medicine. To establish justice one man must be punished and another man must be declared the victim. Otherwise there is no guilt or innocence. There is no order. It is a mess of blind forgiveness with no thought as to the actions of the deceased. God, in many ways, is trapped by his own rules. He loves his creation yet must give them righteous judgement. All that love yet he creates lakes of flame. He cannot be all loving and, at the same time, judge wrongdoing in an unbiased manner. So, we can either concluded that God does not have infinite love for his people or that he is not the perfect judge of good and evil. Because the two theories cannot co-exist. And how can he not judge between right and wrong when it was he who gave us life? When it was he who created this earth? Biblical texts detail his power and his knowledge. Yet Biblical texts also show his rage. Genocide. Enslavement. Infantcide. The actions of a being who will let anyone into paradise? No. Rather the actions of a bloodthirsty, somewhat overzealous authoritarian. Now, when God flooded the world do you think he shed a tear for all those babies he was drowning? Or all those innocent animals who weren't on the Ark? No. So when then should he have any qualms about condemning this murdering bastard to endless agony and suffering? It is a perfectly reasonable reaction to his crimes.

Canofceleri
  • Canofceleri

OG

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Dec 5 2007, 21:22)
Ever hear of Utilitarianism?

Ever hear of totalitarianism? Now cease this philosophical argument now or I'll have you both neautralized!

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:26 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 06 December 2007 - 01:28 AM.

QUOTE (Typhus @ Dec 5 2007, 20:16)
No. Justice and mercy cannot totally co-exist. A man with a broken mind deserves peace. Yet the dead demand justice. One soul roasting, rotting and writhing for killing nine others? Not a bad deal.

Ok, so God's mercy looks pretty grim for this dead guy...fine.

But that is still not up to us and we can't know the whole story anyway.

Sure, many bloody murderers will be in Hell however presuming our own decisions of absolution is an error that we can pay for as well. I am not looking out for him Typhus, I am looking out for you. We may be the judges of Angels in the afterlife but God is the judge of men and women. icon14.gif

If he goes to the fire it makes on difference to me but if God decides otherwise for anyone because of somethings only God knows then I have to back down, regardless of my own feelings lest I get thrown in the fire as well.

Nasty little trick evil has there. Hiding in the hearst of men in the name of what is just and good only to fool us into believing our views can be infallible when we lack data and understanding of the divine.

Do you get what I am at here?

This guy was a terrrible example of humanity as it appears to us right now, of this there is little doubt, but I will not assume anything including what God is going to do with him.

TheRoper
  • TheRoper

West Coast

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Dec 5 2007, 18:16)
No. Justice and mercy cannot totally co-exist. A man with a broken mind deserves peace. Yet the dead demand justice. One soul roasting, rotting and writhing for killing nine others? Not a bad deal. Our sins catch up to us and this one, this one is a real biggie. Murder is a ripple effect. The damage is long lasting. A man dies, his wife commits suicide in grief, the children are hit with a double barrel of death. It's never clean cut when something like this happens. Other people have to pick up the mess. There can be no mercy for an act that has and will cause such pain. Regardless of his state of mind. God created hell for just such people.

Right, but not like literally roasting over a fire, right? And demons seriously drinking his blood..?

Keep an eye out for monsters in the closet, lol. Christians crack me up.

RIP

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:30 AM

Blah, blah, blah. Pseudo-philosophical bullsh*t rambling. Yada, yada, yada.

Now that we're over that.

Gun owners vs. Ignorant gun control supporters......GO!

Canofceleri
  • Canofceleri

OG

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:35 AM

At the end of the day those innocent victims are casualties of nature. We are all at risk 100% of the time. "Wrong doers" might have specific motives, but at the end of the day the 6 billion plus individuals that make up the human race are just lumps of protein (the brain). Anyone could be anyway given the proper circumstances (i.e. biological makeup crossed with experience, or "nature/nurture"). People don't have souls or are good or bad, we just think and act by way of one of our many organs. You can philosophize all you want, cut it a thousand different ways, give it an infinite number of labels... but it all comes down to this one truth.

But that's just my opinion.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:02 AM Edited by Typhus, 06 December 2007 - 02:15 AM.

QUOTE (TheRoper @ Dec 6 2007, 01:26)
Right, but not like literally roasting over a fire, right? And demons seriously drinking his blood..?

Keep an eye out for monsters in the closet, lol. Christians crack me up.

Who can say what Hell is? Maybe it's an endless death. Maybe it's counting every grain of sand on a limitless beach. Maybe it's being forced to read a book by Richard Dawkins. The point is that Hell is no laughing matter. Don't live in fear of it. But don't pass it off. Sooner or later those dirty little secrets come back to haunt us. Those little secrets we thought no one knew about. Those little lies no one ever connected to us. Those spare parts burried in six different locations around Basildon to stop your hypocrite brother from finding out that you stole his car, set it on fire and then attacked the wreckage with an axe. Our sins are noted against our virtues. But fear of Hell is no reason to act like a halfway decent man.

Okay, answer me this: Who is better? The Christian who does the right thing to save his own soul in the offchance that his belief system is real? Or the Atheist who does the right thing to do the right thing?

We both know the answer. In the end we are all human. We all have a duty to protect and love one another. And that is why murder is such nasty business. With all the bloodshed in the world you'd think that adding to it would not be so appealing. But just switch on the evening news and see how wrong you are. Despite being flesh and blood, bone and marrow and sharing the same planet some (waaaaaaaay too many) of us were programmed with a self destruct button. This was one of those instances. An evaluation on gun control and treatment of mental illnesses is needed. So many ticking time bombs. Why do we just wait calmly for them to explode? Enough is enough.

Canofceleri
  • Canofceleri

OG

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:05 AM

And why are you so sure of that Typhus? What has convinced you that our actions will be accounted for after we die and that we possibly face hell?

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Candarelli @ Dec 6 2007, 02:05)
And why are you so sure of that Typhus? What has convinced you that our actions will be accounted for after we die and that we possibly face hell?

Because jebus told him so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users