Photo

The mouse is not working.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic
Naseem Srour
  • Naseem Srour

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:35 PM Edited by Naseem Srour, 02 December 2007 - 09:59 PM.

I made a new user in my windows. I started to play GTA San Andreas, but the mouse isn't moving, I mean I can't look around, I can't aim with the mouse or shoot. I always play SA with the configuration is mouse + keys .. Why now the mouse isn't moving? I tried to play with the configuration is joypad, but it's so hard for me and for my little brother(He plays San Andreas alot). So I turned back the configuration to mouse + keys ,but still the same; the mouse isn't moving. Sometimes I when have this problem, I pause the game and resume it, and the mouse is working now. But this time when I made a new user the mouse won't even let me just look around. I have the same problem with Vice City. I checked if the mouse cabel is inserted in the box(I mean plugged in), and yes it is. If someone know how to fix this problem, please tell me.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

Does the mouse work on the pause menu; i.e. does the cursor move around when you move the mouse? For me, the mouse fairly regularly stops tracking in the game, but if I pause it and move the mouse around in the menu and then go back into the game it usually fixes it and the mouse behaves normally again.

jolly_jay
  • jolly_jay

GTA_Jay

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:00 AM

I have the same problem. I play with a laptop and a USB mouse. Sometimes if i exit to the menu and then go back into the game the mouse doesn't work. Can be a little frastrating...i remember doing the "Vertical Bird" mission the first time and i had exited to the menu to take a look at the map just prior to the action to return with no mouse action. It took me ages before i realised that my mouse wasn't working...and i mean ages ages...something like 20-30 minutes of flying around not being able to fire.

Just exit the menu and renter the game a few times and it should fix it (unless you have a different problem to me)

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Dec 3 2007, 04:19)
Does the mouse work on the pause menu; i.e. does the cursor move around when you move the mouse? For me, the mouse fairly regularly stops tracking in the game, but if I pause it and move the mouse around in the menu and then go back into the game it usually fixes it and the mouse behaves normally again.

Exactly, I have the same problem too. But I don't encounter it quite often. Entering and exiting the pause menu gets rid of it.

Naseem Srour
  • Naseem Srour

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:10 AM Edited by Naseem Srour, 03 December 2007 - 11:13 AM.

QUOTE (pdescobar Posted on Dec 2 2007 @ 22:49 )
Does the mouse work on the pause menu;

Yes, I just can move the mouse, but I can't choose any option.

QUOTE (pdescobar Posted on Dec 2 2007 @ 22:49)
does the cursor move around when you move the mouse?

No.

I tried to enter and exit the menu few times, but it doesn't work.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• None

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:58 AM

Sometimes, I have the same problem. What you have to do is go to the "pause" menu, and then move the mouse around franticly for a while. After that the mouse should work again, at least when I have the problem. smile.gif

Naseem Srour
  • Naseem Srour

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:12 PM Edited by Naseem Srour, 03 December 2007 - 09:09 PM.

Yeah, I do that, but it doesn't always work. But if I pause the game again (after it works), it will not work again.
Please help, how can I make the mouse work fine ?

EDIT : I did a system restore, to an earlier time before I make the new user. It worked biggrin.gif . Thanks to me tounge2.gif .

Prathmesh
  • Prathmesh

Grove 4 Life

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:24 PM

Phew ! ! !

So it wasnt only me havin trouble wid USB mouse. My old PS/2 Mouse used to work fine with SA but the USB mouse I got few days back is kinda caught in this hardware glitch(or watever). Both of the mice are Optical BTW.

Is everyone havin problems with ONLY USB mouse ? or ne one havin trouble with PS/2 too ??

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Prathmesh @ Dec 4 2007, 02:54)
Is everyone havin problems with ONLY USB mouse ? or ne one havin trouble with PS/2 too ??

I think it's with the USB mouse only. It think you can use a USB to PS/2 converter to get rid of this problem, but I ain't sure coz I haven't tried it yet.

akt7488
  • akt7488

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:29 PM

if your mouse has stopped during the gameplay just pause and resume ..
check if your mouse is functioning now if not repeat this step 2-3 times it will.
cause even i had the same problem .. happy gameplay

DrWolfgangVonBubbles
  • DrWolfgangVonBubbles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:09 PM

I used to have the problem where it just stops working until you pause and resume. But also, at least on Vista, it tends to cause the game to crash sometimes as well. I searched online and I found something that works.

On XP and Vista, run San Andreas in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME. Unfortunately, this changes where the game stores your game saves and user tracks.

So, to fix that you would have to run San Andreas, make a new game and play it until you can save it, and then save the file. After that, you exit San Andreas, and copy your saves and user tracks and move them to the new location. You'll have to search for it. On Vista it's C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\

20ds09
  • 20ds09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (DrWolfgangVonBubbles @ Dec 22 2007, 22:09)
I used to have the problem where it just stops working until you pause and resume. But also, at least on Vista, it tends to cause the game to crash sometimes as well. I searched online and I found something that works.

On XP and Vista, run San Andreas in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME. Unfortunately, this changes where the game stores your game saves and user tracks.

So, to fix that you would have to run San Andreas, make a new game and play it until you can save it, and then save the file. After that, you exit San Andreas, and copy your saves and user tracks and move them to the new location. You'll have to search for it. On Vista it's C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\

Sorry to bump this.

To the new location? To which location might that be? I don't know where San Andreas is storing up the files for the Windows 98/ME Compatibility mode. I have the same problem here, and already played the game a bit.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (20ds09 @ Mar 29 2009, 18:56)
To the new location? To which location might that be? I don't know where San Andreas is storing up the files for the Windows 98/ME Compatibility mode. I have the same problem here, and already played the game a bit.

The new location is clearly mentioned in the last line of the post that you quoted.
This -> C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

20ds09
  • 20ds09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Mar 29 2009, 14:08)
QUOTE (20ds09 @ Mar 29 2009, 18:56)

The new location is clearly mentioned in the last line of the post that you quoted.
This -> C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

Aye, it's in the same directory, but for some reason it did not show: I had to use "search" To find the saved game file and it's location from the Windows 98/ME Compatibility.

I got it now, Cheers for showing it to me. icon14.gif

santamil
  • santamil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

Hey Guys no Need to worry
Just Right Click on The Exe File and Go to Compatibility and Choose Windows 98 Mode
Thats all

And U all are using Cracked Version tounge2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users