Photo

MySpace

80 replies to this topic
Bond
  • Bond

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (DrPanini @ Dec 5 2007, 21:49)
I use Myspace to keep in touch with friends and to find out stuff about bands. The only annoying thing I hate about the people on myspace is when they post bulletins begging for picture comments.

Yeah, when they put that crap I don't bother leaving comments.

CHAOSfalcos
  • CHAOSfalcos

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:39 AM

“How doth the little myspacer
Pray for tons of friends
With hopes of lovers in her mind
And other racey ends!

How cheerfully she types all night
Her heart’s one true desire
adding and commenting
To all that so aspire.

SpatenTaluria
  • SpatenTaluria

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:42 AM

How doth the winsome myspace queen
does airbrush all her pics
and say that she is number one
though her friends are all just pricks

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:44 AM

Some good words there. My Space is downright pointless. Stick to normal conversation, people.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:31 AM

I disagree. Quite often do I talk to friends, old and new, and it's nice to receive genuine messages and comments. I'm not keen on talking on the phone, and 80% of my friends are online when I am. It's all a bit of fun, and while I agree with your comments regarding pricks on MySpace, with out MySpace and Facebook I would've lost contact with some of my old mates years ago.

Bond
  • Bond

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Dec 6 2007, 07:31)
I disagree. Quite often do I talk to friends, old and new, and it's nice to receive genuine messages and comments. I'm not keen on talking on the phone, and 80% of my friends are online when I am. It's all a bit of fun, and while I agree with your comments regarding pricks on MySpace, with out MySpace and Facebook I would've lost contact with some of my old mates years ago.

Yeah, I mean most of my friends have just dissapeared off the face of the earth if it wasn't for MySpace and Facebook. I mean, ofcourse they have their faults and stuff, but the main reason for being on those sites, at least to me, is clear. To stay in contact with old friends.

OG-LOC R360
  • OG-LOC R360

Group: BSC-FC

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:43 AM

Of course, it is impossible to have a normal coversation with someone halfway around the world without transport or technology.

I have an alias on Myspace (and even a Gmail account after it), and there are a few similarities with SMS-ing, or even e-mails. They are both a quiet phonecall and a loud letter. MyS might allow you to upload more photos to infinite people, and you don't get charged more for using more characters on the internet, but remember what I said on the e-mails, and email accounts have a hard drive limit.

P.S. The recent update of Friend updates should keep those types of bulletins (you know what, those ones encouraging comments) at dock.

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

I used to be obsessed with Myspace suicidal.gif

Now i f*cking hate it

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Known in the NW Territories as "The Sneak"

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Bond @ Dec 7 2007, 15:12)

Yeah, I mean most of my friends have just dissapeared off the face of the earth if it wasn't for MySpace and Facebook. I mean, ofcourse they have their faults and stuff, but the main reason for being on those sites, at least to me, is clear. To stay in contact with old friends.

That's pretty much why I use it. I don't really understand why some people hate MySpace, or automatically judge the people who have a page on it. If you don't like some of the people you've seen use MySapce, that's one thing, but the service itself is actually useful (even if some of the users can be f*cking annoying).

Bond
  • Bond

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Dec 8 2007, 12:29)
QUOTE (Bond @ Dec 7 2007, 15:12)

That's pretty much why I use it. I don't really understand why some people hate MySpace, or automatically judge the people who have a page on it. If you don't like some of the people you've seen use MySapce, that's one thing, but the service itself is actually useful (even if some of the users can be f*cking annoying).

Exactly! I mean, some people just have no lives and are on MySpace whenever they get a chance to use a computer. It's kind of odd how some people just don't go to any other site. But I mean, it's true: too much of anything isn't good. But yeah, the main messege of MySpace is clear, even though there are so many new and useless features like MySpace TV or MySpace wear. Ever since Fox took over, it's all about the advertising. mad.gif

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

I've had a MySpace and a Bebo since early 2005. Both are good sites once you get going. Starting out sucks though...

All thoese people going "MySpace has loads of emos on" Of course it bloody has! Looking at Toms MySpace (He's like, an autofriend that everyone is friends with when they sign up) has 213149033 friends right now. Theres gonna be alot of ANYTHING on MySpace.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:10 PM

I have a myspace. I just have my friends on it that I know in person except a couple but thats it. I used to hate it but was bugged into getting one and I look on it more than once a day now. What really pisses me off is the fact that people post pointless bulletins seriously, one girl who I know posts like 8 of them every 20 mins. Apart from that its good for me to keep in touch with my friends now that I've quit college and don't get a chance to talk to them in another way.

Viperboy749
  • Viperboy749

The Carn-"dizzle"

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:39 PM Edited by Viperboy749, 09 December 2007 - 01:41 PM.

QUOTE (girishb @ Dec 2 2007, 13:49)
QUOTE (Bond @ Dec 2 2007, 21:55)
Don't get me wrong, I'm a member of MySpace and Facebook and really think those sites are very good in keeping contact with friends.

Nah, I'm more into Orkut.

Hahha, yeah i was going to mention Orkut.

Now google is in the market of social networking sites. ww.orkut.com if no one has heard of it. i signed up for it just for the hell of it...and its kinda disgraceful for google, and their longtime reputation of making awesome stuff. and Playboy decided to get into the market too!! the created a Non-nude college only networking site.

Playboyu.com
again it's www.playboyu.com if you havent heard or seen it.

i signed up for them both, and they both kinda blow. facebook and myspace got it down. but the whole social networking thing, HOW MANY SITES DO WE NEED TO BE APART OF TO BE NETWORKED WITH THE SAME FREINDS!?

It's pathetic kinda. suicidal.gif

Bond
  • Bond

• Members

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

Yeah it is, and it's even more annoying when you have friends who have a sh*t load of them, and only use one of them, so it's impossible to reach them. For me, the limit is MySpace and Facebook. I had Hi5, but it was lame.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:55 PM

Odd that nobody has really mentioned Bebo bar me, what with it getting more traffic in the UK than MySpace these days.

Viperboy749
  • Viperboy749

The Carn-"dizzle"

• Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Dec 11 2007, 18:55)
Odd that nobody has really mentioned Bebo bar me, what with it getting more traffic in the UK than MySpace these days.

Never heard of it, of course, im in the US, so UK fads dont hit round here.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Dec 11 2007, 23:55)

I used to be a regular on bebo, still go on it rarely. They're all sh*t though.

Bond
  • Bond

• Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 12 2007, 12:12)
QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Dec 11 2007, 23:55)

I used to be a regular on bebo, still go on it rarely. They're all sh*t though.

Eh, how much do you expect? lol

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Viperboy749 @ Dec 12 2007, 00:19)
QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Dec 11 2007, 18:55)

Never heard of it, of course, im in the US, so UK fads dont hit round here.

Aside from it being worldwide, it's hardly a fad like. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Bond
  • Bond

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

Has anyone heard of MexSpace? lol Apparently it's a MySpace in Mexico. But yeah, they have MySpace Latino MySpace International. Dang, what next? MySpace in Space?

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Bond @ Dec 14 2007, 00:04)
Has anyone heard of MexSpace? lol Apparently it's a MySpace in Mexico. But yeah, they have MySpace Latino MySpace International. Dang, what next? MySpace in Space?

tbh the internet is pretty global..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users