» «
Photo

Fix for trailer kill frenzy save game crash

29 replies to this topic
jownidmatrix
  • jownidmatrix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:45 PM Edited by Sektor, 02 October 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Post edited by Sektor:

GTA2 v11.44 update fixes this bug without modifying the mission scripts: http://gtamp.com/GTA2/patch

--------------------------original post below--------------------------------------

Hi people of forum.

I got a problem.

Is this:On the 2nd city,I passed 10 kill frenzys.After this,I fail one and reload the game,but after 2,3 seconds, the game crashes.

After some tentatives with no sucess,I goes to 3rd city,but the same happens.

Have a solution to repair the save and destroy (xD no more words in my mind)the bug?

Why it happens?

The kill frenzys serve only to make money with destruction?

Bye and sorry for the bad English

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

I have the same problem. It's caused by completing a Kill Frenzy activated with a car on a trailer and then saving. I guess the game knows it mustn't load the car again but it doesn't know what to do with the trailer. I don't know how to solve it, maybe there is a patch but I don't know where. It's a sh*t because I can't complete all frenzies confused.gif .
Kill Frenzies serve to earn more lifes. Each time you complete a frenzy you'll win an extra life. They might also serve to unlock bonus levels, I'm not sure.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Jan 17 2008, 13:48)
I have the same problem. It's caused by completing a Kill Frenzy activated with a car on a trailer and then saving. I guess the game knows it mustn't load the car again but it doesn't know what to do with the trailer. I don't know how to solve it, maybe there is a patch but I don't know where. It's a sh*t because I can't complete all frenzies confused.gif .
Kill Frenzies serve to earn more lifes. Each time you complete a frenzy you'll win an extra life. They might also serve to unlock bonus levels, I'm not sure.

Yes completing frenzy will give you extra lives and bonus level as well tounge.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:25 PM Edited by chapapote, 23 February 2008 - 05:28 PM.

OK, the best thing would be to learn if that bug only appears in some versions or it appears in all versions.
I have the Spanish PC version. Please, can you check if you have that bug and tell which version are you using (starting with jownidmatrix, the first one to notice the bug).
I noticed that there are some mistakes in the Spanish version which aren't in the original version (for example, in the Spanish versions Sunbeam introduces you to the industrial district).
Remember to make a copy of your savegame, in case you have the bug.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Feb 23 2008, 17:25)
OK, the best thing would be to learn if that bug only appears in some versions or it appears in all versions.
I have the Spanish PC version. Please, can you check if you have that bug and tell which version are you using (starting with jownidmatrix, the first one to notice the bug).
I noticed that there are some mistakes in the Spanish version which aren't in the original version (for example, in the Spanish versions Sunbeam introduces you to the industrial district).

I'm not using PC Version, I using PS1 GTA 2 confused.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (GAME MASTER @ Feb 25 2008, 12:34)
QUOTE (chapapote @ Feb 23 2008, 17:25)

I'm not using PC Version, I using PS1 GTA 2 confused.gif

Does your game crash when you complete a trailer vehicle frenzy, save and reload? Well, thanks anyway.

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:48 AM

How do you guys come to these conclusions? How could you work out that it's the car/trailer thats causing the bug? Lol, I really can't comprehend how you managed to single out that one thing out of all other possible problems

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Feb 26 2008, 09:48)
How do you guys come to these conclusions? How could you work out that it's the car/trailer thats causing the bug? Lol, I really can't comprehend how you managed to single out that one thing out of all other possible problems

Believe me, I have tested it and the game only crashes if I have complete a frenzy of that type. I don't know why, but it's true. My conclusion is completely based on my experiences. I made a backup of my savegame and then completed that frenzy, then saved. The game crashed when I reloaded it. If it's not caused by that, what is it?
I repeat, the game only crashed if I had complete a frenzy of that type. I don't know the exact reason, but I'm sure there is a linking between the two facts. And please, don't come with David Hume's objections to causality.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Feb 26 2008, 13:28)

Believe me, I have tested it and the game only crashes if I have complete a frenzy of that type. I don't know why, but it's true. My conclusion is completely based on my experiences. I made a backup of my savegame and then completed that frenzy, then saved. The game crashed when I reloaded it. If it's not caused by that, what is it?
I repeat, the game only crashed if I had complete a frenzy of that type. I don't know the exact reason, but I'm sure there is a linking between the two facts. And please, don't come with David Hume's objections to causality.

It assume to be a bug or glitches, Does it freeze the game when you reopen the level? sarcasm.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (GAME MASTER @ Mar 5 2008, 19:15)
QUOTE (chapapote @ Feb 26 2008, 13:28)

It assume to be a bug or glitches, Does it freeze the game when you reopen the level? sarcasm.gif

It only crashes when I reload my savegame, not when I start a new game in any district.

Caixa
  • Caixa

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:41 AM

Hi, here is the creator of topic, I can't logon in this forum and create other account

Humm, I stopped play gta2 and the saves are lost.

I remember, in my case, who after pass 10 frenzys, the bug occuries, the last frenzy passed is another one.

My gta version...is a rip from another portuguese gta site, with 50 or minus mb

The lasts I do, I instaled a mod who substitute the first city by a Berlin...very good the mod, with new cars, options, missions.

titpoul
  • titpoul

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:01 PM Edited by titpoul, 26 June 2008 - 01:51 PM.

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem : on level 2, if you save after any kill frenzy with a car on a trailer, such as the one in "Mobile RV Park" (kill frenzy 4 on this map) or in "Belmont" (kf 20) or in "Dominatrix" (kf 5), whatever you pass or fail it, it will crash the game at the loading of your savegame. I have upload my savegame at http://dl.free.fr/j3...SJ/plyslot0.svg (it's a coincidence that I had too 10 kill frenzies done before this one (kf 4)).

You can test this bug :
- use the "tumyfrog" cheat to start the level 2
- use the "danisgod" cheat to have enough money to save
- pass or fail a kill frenzy with a car on a trailer (cf above)
- save, exit and load the savegame

I use gta2, the free version, on PC, with the v10.3 patch.

rodrigozanatta
  • rodrigozanatta

Rodrigo Zanatta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

(bad engrish possible sad.gif )

Yes.. The problem only occur when you make thats car kill frenzy mission... Thats f*ck..

Well, i realy try a lot of thing. I pass one and make other normal kill frenzy, or make mission and save. donīt work. If you make one that kill frenzy and save in any time, you save game will crash..

Have a solution. Normaly, make all 17 normal kill frenzy and the mission. You finish this map. After make the 3 cars kill frenzy (donīt save in any time) and go out of the map, by a normal way. This will make you pass in all 20 kill frenzy (that same is VERY DIFFICULT).

Why the Rockstar donīt fix this bug? This happnes in all time of this game? In all video-game that play it? Computer, playstation and so on.. What a f*ck they donīt fix this bug???

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:38 AM Edited by Sektor, 08 July 2008 - 08:48 PM.

I fixed this bug on level 3 since I have the .mis files for that level but level 2 will require more work since I don't have the .mis file.

It tries to PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER when the car no longer exists.

Old code that crashes:

CODE
PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER ( KF_3_car , KF_3_trailer_1 )
PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER ( KF_4_car , KF_4_trailer_1 )
PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER ( KF_5_car , KF_5_trailer_1 )

Fixed code:

CODE
IF ( NOT ( IS_CAR_CRUSHED ( KF_3_car ) ) )
 PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER ( KF_3_car , KF_3_trailer_1 )
ENDIF

IF ( NOT ( IS_CAR_CRUSHED ( KF_4_car ) ) )
 PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER ( KF_4_car , KF_4_trailer_1 )
ENDIF

IF ( NOT ( IS_CAR_CRUSHED ( KF_5_car ) ) )
 PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER ( KF_5_car , KF_5_trailer_1 )
ENDIF

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:45 PM Edited by Sektor, 08 July 2008 - 08:33 PM.

I`ll try it when I`m back from my holidays on Canada.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:35 PM Edited by Sektor, 10 July 2008 - 07:44 AM.

I patched the level 2 mission file ste.SCR and removed the PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER opcodes, so the 3 trailer kill frenzy cars are never put on the trailer. This is not how it was meant to be played but it will stop the crashes and you can still play the kill frenzies, you just don't have to take the trailer to the crane.

You can download the level 2 & 3 fix from my site: gta2-trailer-kill-frenzy-save-game-fix. You just have to extract the files to your GTA2 data folder.

Caixa
  • Caixa

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

This is great!But why not just spawn the KF cars at some place?I'll try when I found my pc controll, I cant play gtaII at keyboard

ciganyirto
  • ciganyirto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

I found a small problem with Sektor's kill frenzy-patch:

There is a kill frenzy at the doube road near the mobile RV park (Redneck territory), where you can grab a kill frenzy in a dark corner of the buildings next to the road. The task is: destroy 20 cop cars with rocket launcher in 60 seconds, which is next to impossible.

So I tried to solve this kill frenzy by accepting the Rednecks' "Tanks-giving" mission, where you need to steal a Tank from the army base, and when you get out, you'll have 6 wanted level, and the army is after you. Thought I'll finally pass this kill frenzy, because the land roamers also count as cop cars. When I tried to pick up the kill frenzy, the game crashed.

So, if anyone used Sektor's kill frenzy patch: NEVER pick up a kill frenzy while on a mission, or the game will crash. Needs to be corrected.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:57 AM Edited by Sektor, 08 November 2009 - 02:50 AM.

I just tried that 20 cop cars with RL in 60 seconds kill frenzy (84, 67) and some others during during Tanks-giving mission and it didn't crash. I tried with 6 wanted level and no wanted level. Can you recreate the crash? Do you still have the saved game?

BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

I installed that patch and now saving works fine in lvl 2. But the game still crashes randomly in that level. I tried to install the v. 10.3 patch which is suggested by microsoft error reporting but it doesn't work. When I try to install it it says "Can't find GTA2 installation on this machine" (or something). Does anyone know how to fix this f*cking problem? I have the freeware version downloaded from rockstar site.

BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Mr Zero @ Jul 24 2010, 08:45)
I installed that patch and now saving works fine in lvl 2. But the game still crashes randomly in that level. I tried to install the v. 10.3 patch which is suggested by microsoft error reporting but it doesn't work. When I try to install it it says "Can't find GTA2 installation on this machine" (or something). Does anyone know how to fix this f*cking problem? I have the freeware version downloaded from rockstar site.

Does anyone know? D: I think there are more crashes after using that patch (I'm not sure about this ph34r.gif ) so could it be buggy? Or have I messed something up?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:42 AM Edited by Sektor, 14 March 2011 - 01:52 AM.

Upload your saved games and I'll see if the crashes are caused by the script/saved game.

The files in \gta2\player\ are your saved games.

Don't use the v10.3 patch with the free version. Use Vike's latest patch.

BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:29 PM Edited by Sektor, 30 July 2010 - 02:38 PM.

Oh, thanks for the info. I'll upload those saves when I'm home again. I'll also try that vike's patch. ph34r.gif

BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

Ok, here's my saved games file:

http://www.mediafire...km1e0o6vv66re7o

BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

Another question... If I install Vike's patch which GTA manager should I use? There are 2 managers, GTA2 Manager and GTA2 Manager HKCU.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Both are the same. You used to have to run manager-hkcu.exe but I decided to just overwrite the old gta2 manager.exe since I was overwriting gta2.exe anyway.

BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Ok, thanks a lot. I'll test that patch soon. ph34r.gif

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:55 AM Edited by Sektor, 08 August 2010 - 02:18 PM.

Your saved game doesn't crash in the first few minutes if I use the skip trains debug option (that disables trains). The only thing you have done in the saved game is get 11 GTA2 tokens (none of the frenzies or missions are done). I don't know why getting 11 tokens without doing any missions would break the trains but I'll look into it.

edit: Forget that, now using your saved game I can't get it to crash at all even with trains.

BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ok, thanks for help. I installed the patch and I will soon see if it helps.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:57 AM Edited by Sektor, 10 March 2013 - 12:14 PM.

Is there a specific kill frenzy during a specific mission that will always crash the game?

Nulling out the PUT_CAR_ON_TRAILER command may have side effects. I could try putting something other than zero there.

edit: GTA2 v11.43 fixes the trailer kill frenzy crash bug without modifying the mission scripts, so it's more like Rockstar intended and probably more reliable than my SCR patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users