Photo

Instant Replay

13 replies to this topic
T.I.P.
  • T.I.P.

first!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:49 PM

This hasn't really been discussed (successfully, anyway), so I thought I'd get everyone's opinions on an instant replay system.

I was thinking of a FIFA or even Halo 3 style replay system accessible in-game from the pause menu that would give you the option to select prestationed camera angles or freely move the camera with the analog sticks.

Obviously with such a large map the replay distance (area of the city which you can see in the replay) would need to be limited, possibly with the area being a circle centred around Niko, much the same way as the 'search area' when you have a wanted level.

I know everyone has had those "I would kill to see what I just did again" moments on all of the GTA games. It'd be nice to finally get to see them.

Go.

Gangster07
  • Gangster07

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

yeah that would be a nice feature to the game i always had one of those moments where i wanted to see what i had just done and now with the new graphics and the euphoria engine you will only want to see it more..

|Brad|
  • |Brad|

Google Spider

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

Hmm I have never read anything about a new replay style feature, maybe it would be similar to the last but we would never know since it's a new engine. Having a slow-mo replay thing like Max Payne would be fun. Imagine shooting a guy and seeing the bullet fly through his skins like in the Matrix. lol. ph34r.gif

Phil112
  • Phil112

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

Your right, it hasn't been discussed ( sucessfully anyway ) before,
And also your right with the wanting to see that bit again thing,
but,
if they do one, it should be for longer than like 30 seconds, because most "I want to see thast again" things last longer than that. Especially car chases, ( unless your crap at them that is ).
So yes it would be amazing to see instant replays, but only if their done well.

Kelao
  • Kelao

Let's go bowling!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:25 PM

I'd love to have a way of saving replays of your last 20 seconds and beeing able to turn on recording.
Then you'd be able to edit and save your replay as a .wmv or .avi file so you can transfer it to your computer. Sharing the clips online via Xbox Live or Home where people can vote on it etc.

Editing should be like Halo 3, that's exactly how I wish it would have been in the last 3 GTA games (not counting LCS or VCS).

My old post.

Californian
  • Californian

LocoLowCo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

the replay system in HALO 3 was great, i want exactly that but also a rewind button too (instead of a "rewindskip" kind of thing)....

*if there is a rewind button in HALO 3 can someone tell me it, cus i cant find it out sad.gif lol

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

Replays would be great. Gathering your friends round the telly, a new log on the fire as you watch in amazement at the shenanigans you've caused. Yep, nothing like family entertainment.

There is one flaw.

How and when would you set it up and activate it? I mean, what if something really, really awesome just randomly happens, but you missed it?

I'm not an expert on memory on the 360 or PS3, but perhaps it could be a constant-ongoing recording, with perhaps one real life hour limit before it stopped and you had to edit, save and export and repeat. But i'm not an expert at these things, and it's just a thought.

airfonzo
  • airfonzo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

The pc versions have instant replay

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

Seems like a useless feature to be honest. I don't really have any interest in re-watching the things I've done. This isn't Madden.

Lega_c
  • Lega_c

Fly Rebel

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake @ Nov 26 2007, 22:23)
Seems like a useless feature to be honest. I don't really have any interest in re-watching the things I've done. This isn't Madden.

ok what if you just killed a guy by making a bulldozer flip over and hit a light pole which then hit a pedestrian and that pedestrian fell on the guy?...you wouldnt want to see that again?

|Brad|
  • |Brad|

Google Spider

• Members

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:05 AM

Sometimes car flips are amazing to watch depending on the trick that occurs out of my carelessness to drive properly. tounge.gif

[don't drive with Bradley, you might die]

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:08 AM

It would be a nice addition. But was there not a replay function in the xbox's version of San Andreas? It might have been the PC version; it's a little confusing as I've had San Andreas on all three platforms, and it was a while back now.

Maybe they could add the option to record ingame footage as well? it's an idea anyway..

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

I've always wanted that on GTA's. Hopefully they implement it.

onelilfizzle
  • onelilfizzle

Thats what she said

• Members

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:28 AM

maby theres could be a camera system that lets you look @ ppl that are in your vicinity, locks on so 2 speak, and you caould switch b/t them and pan around. just a thought. nice idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users