» «
Photo

Creating a scratch texture.

5 replies to this topic
HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

:)

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:47 PM Edited by HUEY HOG, 28 November 2007 - 06:44 PM.

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum so sorry in advanced.
I'm driving myself crazy trying to make a scratch texture for my model and can't figure out how to make one that can be edited. So I'd thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has created their own scratch and maybe give me some tips. My texture is for a helicopter so making a texture that wraps around the whole exterior body and be seamless is driving me crazy. I've got everything else textured except for the main body mad.gif
user posted image
user posted image

HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:05 AM

Well I guess no one has ever made a scratch texture.....

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

i considered posting a reply but i couldnt make enough sense out of your first post, you cant create textures in zmod, so idk what to answer.. maybe you want to uv map your model? or are you having problems with unwrapping your body mesh?

HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

I guess I should of left out Zmod in the subject part. I've added a second pic to my first post to show that I have uv mapped my models interior and other parts. I'm wanting to create a texture so I can uv map my models extrior body but I'm having troubles creating a texture thats wraps around it. I want to create a texture like the one below but I don't know how it's done.
user posted image

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:49 PM

oh ok

normally you lay out your uv mesh and THEN make the texture but zmod (w/o plugins) doesnt feature uv mesh export

maybe my tut can help you out, http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=240136

dont bother with print screening your uv mesh though, as Mark Pagliaro posted a link to a zmod plugin with which you can export uv maps

hope it helps, else you could switch over to max which would make thing so much easier, zmod lacks too many things to be truely efficient

HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

Thanx for the info.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users