Ok, new stuff, again, first post for the download.
You MUST either
1) Replace the objects and sas4.cfg files OR
2) Update them with the files in the archive.
In objects.cfg, add the lines after object 36, taking care to leave the hash marks (#) intact. For sas4.cfg, add the FIRST section, ped types, again taking note of the hash marks. Use the included files in the archive for reference.
What does this mean?
- FIXED: No longer only grabbing player z angle (used to calculate peds z angle) from Ped 1.
- FIXED: Minor issue reloading actors in Liberty City; mod now selects the proper interior
- ADDED: Player and Ped object attachments. See the NEW objects.cfg (you MUST replace or update this file). Add objects to your peds with a PED NUMBER (not a MODIFER) + A for the primary object or + S for the secondary objects. Toggle those keys again to delete. You can adjust object parameters in objects.cfg; press O + R in game to reload the file. There are samples for ped 1 and the player. Object rotation seems to depend on the direction the actor/player is facing; will correct this in a future update.
- ADDED: Ped Types, set in sas4.cfg. Default is 4. Bum (19) seems to crash the game, and using a male ped with ped type 5 will also. Use only if you want to/know what you are doing.
EDIT: New version up. MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE/REPLACE SAS4.CFG - THERE ARE NEW LINES IN THERE!!!
- FIXED: Car follows overhauled, it's all set by one control (7+F, though if the other cars are created, the other modifiers will work too.
EXAMPLE: Create your cars. If you just want 2, set the Follow variable in sas4.cfg to 2. Car 2 will ALWAYS follow Car 1, Car 3 follows car 2 (if three are made) and Car 4 follows Car 3. This should help with the requested "convoy's". There are also new controls in sas4.cfg; you can set the driver behavior and max speed. Now SAVE YOUR CARS/PEDS. This way you can reload if your chase goes bad. Now press 7+ F and your cars will follow each other. You can make changes to sas4.cfg, then reset the cars and try again if you need to adjust speed and follow radius.
- CHANGED: All cars and trailers now spawn with all immunities on (Bulletproof, Crash proof, ect). The can be de-immunized as normal (MODIFIER + Y) or blowed up good with MODIFIER + X still. I got tired of setting it manually, since I leave them on all the time anyway.
- FIXED: Restoring a player in a car after the first time no longer kills Carl.
EDIT: Bug fixes this time, just replace the exe in the archive.
- FIXED: DummyPed skin now hidden on a Save Reload
- FIXED: Saves with Peds in cars now reloading properly; saving a reloaded save would screw with the car assignments (can be corrected in the files, but was very annoying)
Could we use "banks" of saves? Like extra Save folders (Save1, Save2, etc) that have 10 save slots each? I'm thinking yes, but what would be a comfortable number? 5? 10? Is 100 save (10 folders, 10 saves each) enough?
EDIT: Ok, nevermind, reuploaded AGAIN.
Make sure to update your sas4.cfg with the save folder info at the bottom of the file. You can now have 10 folders, with up to 10 saves each, for a total of 100 saves. You can rename the folders for easy reference, but you MUST change the names in the bottom of sas4.cfg as well, or the game will crash. You can leave them as default as well. To keep things simple, don't make the folder name more than 25 characters.
EDIT 2: Reuploaded; took me 7 HOURS to find a nasty, one character bug.
Hey, I work for YOU!
EDIT 3 - 04/18/08 - 11:05AM EST: After 6 more hours of tinkering, the cars are saving properly again. I swear, I feel like the US government - fix one thing and three more break.
Edited by ceedj, 18 April 2008 - 03:06 PM.