Photo

[BETA] San An Studios 4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic
alexrdh
  • alexrdh

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:00 AM Edited by alexrdh, 14 March 2008 - 03:04 AM.

I have it in root folder of GTASA, and I do have Version 1.0.
Ah, I have GTA N00bmode installed on it. That modifies the main.scm. I'll try a new game and save, and try SAS 4.

EDIT: I uninstalled the mod, and tried SAS4 again. Still got the same message. I must've never got the root file right properly.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:10 AM

Has your exe been modified in any way? Can you launch the game, ALT-TAB and double click the sas4.exe to see if it loads up? Have any other mods installed?

alexrdh
  • alexrdh

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:21 AM

Only time I've modified my .exe of SA is when I downgraded it.
No, that would possibly cause a reaction making the PC crash.
Not any other mods installed, apart from SA-MP.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:41 AM

That might be why; some downgrades work, some don't. I have NO idea why. Sorry.

jojo_7
  • jojo_7

Hey! How about a big nice cup of shut the f*ck up?

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

Hey Ceedj. i got the mod working! but for some reason when i spawn an actor he dies!
(press Insert+1) actor apears (Cycle through actors with PGUP and PGDN till i find the one i need) (Press Backspace, He apears and dies EMEDIATLY. as soon as he lan on the groun mercie_blink.gif )

PLZ HELP!

LOOKIN' FORWARD FOR PEDS SEASON 3!!!

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:30 AM

This happens when the sas4.cfg file can't be found. You MUST make sure that the SanAnStudios folder from the archive, and all it's files inside, are in your GTASA root folder.

alexrdh
  • alexrdh

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:38 AM Edited by alexrdh, 14 March 2008 - 10:50 AM.

I'm on my Vista now. I'll try see if I can get it working

EDIT: Same thing as on XP. Game doesn't start.

EDIT2: I noticed that when I downloaded, and when I extracted it to GTASA root folder, I noticed no .cfg in the .zip. Everything else was there, but the .cfg.

EDIT3: I found out why.
Don't seem to be noobish, but where is the root file located? I think I got it wrong.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

Your root folder is typically:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas -------------THIS is the GTASA root.

The SanAnStudios4 folder and all the files inside (leave them inside the folder!) MUST be in your root as well, though honestly, the game should start just fine without it; you'd just get dead peds upon creation. Since you're crashing at the start screen, I can only suggest that it's a downgrader issue.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

I've got a small problem, you see I'm running Windows on a MacBook Pro, these things don't come with insert/delete/numpad buttons, so accessing the in-game menu or functions is impossible, is there a way to re-map the keys somehow?

alexrdh
  • alexrdh

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:13 PM Edited by alexrdh, 14 March 2008 - 10:17 PM.

@Black-hawk
NO, it probably wouldn't be possible. Unless ceedj makes one compatible.

Yeah I put them files there. But the .cfg never came with my download.

Edit: oohhhh I got it. Put it into a folder. Both .cfg's are showing, but no sas4.exe

Albi84
  • Albi84

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

Just wanna say Thank you, for this great tool.I love the possiblity of using all the animation and the new timeline feature seems interesting, too. I will keep testing it but at the moment for me it runs perfectly (I used it with CamHack V1.2 and GTASA Center). No Problems, on my system(XP).

Thank you Ceedj.

Albi84
  • Albi84

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

I don't know if its a bug, but everytime I create a second car (8) my first car (7) appears right in front of me. Which is quite annoying, especially if you setting up a whole scene, with two or more cars.

alexrdh
  • alexrdh

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

This IS a beta, so I'll wait for the real one to come out, I'll stick with 3_3C in the meantime.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:27 AM

Andre, I'm sorry you're having this issue. Any chance you can whip up a small, lo res video to show me? I can provide upload space if you need. PM me if you do.

I just tried it out myself and it works fine, but that may mean nothing. biggrin.gif

Albi84
  • Albi84

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:36 PM

Ceedj, I think I found the trouble maker.
I was failing to reproduce the problem and capture it. For reproducting the problem I only used SA Studios. But when I normally shoot scenes I also use SA Camhack, SAAC And GTASA Center and it seems that the GTASAcenter is the problem. Because everytime I use GTA Center the problem returns.
So I solve the problem by just not using GTA Center anymore, I just use it for setting the weather or the time, but I could set the weather and the time first then save the game and close GTASA Center. So this works fine for me.

Anyway I keep testing it, and man I just yesterday found out the saving possibilty for ped and cars.
It seems that everytime I use SA Studios, it just getting better and better.

Thank you so much.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:41 PM Edited by ceedj, 21 March 2008 - 02:44 PM.

Excellent to hear, thanks for testing it. Looking forward to your next film. smile.gif

EDIT: Set the time with INSERT P (DELETE + P to release), set the weather with INSERT + O. Once you do both, when next you save peds and cars, the time and weather will save as well, so when you reload, EVERYTHING is reloaded, except the player skin (next release).

Albi84
  • Albi84

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

Cool, thank you.

flaseb
  • flaseb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

omg i really need help dontgetit.gif i have putted the files in the gta sa instalation folder, then i start the game with the gta sa studios exe, it comes to the menu, i click load game and it loads,then the loading are clear the game crashes ?! i readed that a vista user had the same problem, but the big problem is, i have xp! plz help smile.gif i have the 1.01 verision and its not australian. help help, help! i really wanna play with this funny mod biggrin.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (flaseb @ Mar 23 2008, 13:51)
i have the 1.01 verision and its not australian.

YOU MUST HAVE V1.0.

flaseb
  • flaseb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

how do i do to make it to v 1.0?

DJ Will
  • DJ Will

YOU MAD!!!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

cry.gif it crashes when i get to a certain ped cry.gif

alexrdh
  • alexrdh

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (flaseb @ Mar 24 2008, 06:20)
how do i do to make it to v 1.0?

Google "gta sa downgrader patch" without the ".

motherfuckerpieceofshit
  • motherfuckerpieceofshit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:35 AM

Um,hi i really need help,how to use animations?what key is it?cause i really don't understand sad.gif

alexrdh
  • alexrdh

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:17 AM

Read SAGAMEKEYS thing.
I was sooo close to getting it work on vista. It came up Welcome message the the game crashed... damn...

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:06 PM Edited by ceedj, 13 April 2008 - 12:44 PM.

Ok, I made an oops. Apparently, I was off on my own gta_sa.exe; my US v1.0 original doesn't work like I thought, but in fact the skeleton doesn't even work, so it's not TOTALLY my fault. Anyway, the least I can do is tell you all what DOES work:

US: HOODLUM v1.0 ENGLISH
EUR: HOODLUM v1.0 MULTI
EUR: HOODLUM v1.1 FIXED/PATCHED

The DEVIANCE v1.0 exe does NOT work.

Any of the above three that work are REALLY easy to find, so I'm not gonna tell you where. But at least you all know WHAT to look for now.

Oh, you want fixes too? Fine. tounge.gif Get it from the first post.

- Put Blueberry location back into teleporter.
- Added a 4th page for the teleporter, with three new locations: the Green Screen area, Liberty City and the Shamal Interior (airplane from Freefall). I've also added some peds and cars from the St. Mark's Bistro mission, but this comes with a small annoyance: because St. Marks and the Shamal are in the same interior area (1), you can't go from one to the other. You CAN go to another location, then go back to St. Mark's or the Shamal. This is because of the short scripted part of the peds and cars in Liberty; it's only a small scene, but some of you might find it useful. I already have. Be sure to bring a jetpack (cheat code ROCKETMAN) as only a small part of Liberty City is solid.

EDIT: Reset the actors to loop again with R + L and delete them with D + L (unless you have a LOT going on in LC, going to another area while leaving the peds and cars there "alive" should have no adverse effect on the rest of the game, as they aren't rendered unless the player is in the area.)

- St. Mark's Bistro is accessible and solid, all the way downstairs and through the back area, just as in the mission.
- LS and LV police interiors now accessible; the SF one leads to an old apartment. You WILL still get shot at in the underground garage.
- All vehicles can now be created in interiors.
- Minor code optimization.

Have fun! smile.gif

EDIT: Reuploaded; had my personal version in there. tounge.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:46 AM Edited by ceedj, 18 April 2008 - 03:06 PM.

Ok, new stuff, again, first post for the download.

You MUST either

1) Replace the objects and sas4.cfg files OR

2) Update them with the files in the archive.

In objects.cfg, add the lines after object 36, taking care to leave the hash marks (#) intact. For sas4.cfg, add the FIRST section, ped types, again taking note of the hash marks. Use the included files in the archive for reference.

What does this mean?

- FIXED: No longer only grabbing player z angle (used to calculate peds z angle) from Ped 1.
- FIXED: Minor issue reloading actors in Liberty City; mod now selects the proper interior
- ADDED: Player and Ped object attachments. See the NEW objects.cfg (you MUST replace or update this file). Add objects to your peds with a PED NUMBER (not a MODIFER) + A for the primary object or + S for the secondary objects. Toggle those keys again to delete. You can adjust object parameters in objects.cfg; press O + R in game to reload the file. There are samples for ped 1 and the player. Object rotation seems to depend on the direction the actor/player is facing; will correct this in a future update.
- ADDED: Ped Types, set in sas4.cfg. Default is 4. Bum (19) seems to crash the game, and using a male ped with ped type 5 will also. Use only if you want to/know what you are doing.

Comments? catspider.gif

EDIT: New version up. MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE/REPLACE SAS4.CFG - THERE ARE NEW LINES IN THERE!!!

- FIXED: Car follows overhauled, it's all set by one control (7+F, though if the other cars are created, the other modifiers will work too.

EXAMPLE: Create your cars. If you just want 2, set the Follow variable in sas4.cfg to 2. Car 2 will ALWAYS follow Car 1, Car 3 follows car 2 (if three are made) and Car 4 follows Car 3. This should help with the requested "convoy's". There are also new controls in sas4.cfg; you can set the driver behavior and max speed. Now SAVE YOUR CARS/PEDS. This way you can reload if your chase goes bad. Now press 7+ F and your cars will follow each other. You can make changes to sas4.cfg, then reset the cars and try again if you need to adjust speed and follow radius.

- CHANGED: All cars and trailers now spawn with all immunities on (Bulletproof, Crash proof, ect). The can be de-immunized as normal (MODIFIER + Y) or blowed up good with MODIFIER + X still. I got tired of setting it manually, since I leave them on all the time anyway.
- FIXED: Restoring a player in a car after the first time no longer kills Carl.

EDIT: Bug fixes this time, just replace the exe in the archive.

- FIXED: DummyPed skin now hidden on a Save Reload
- FIXED: Saves with Peds in cars now reloading properly; saving a reloaded save would screw with the car assignments (can be corrected in the files, but was very annoying)

Could we use "banks" of saves? Like extra Save folders (Save1, Save2, etc) that have 10 save slots each? I'm thinking yes, but what would be a comfortable number? 5? 10? Is 100 save (10 folders, 10 saves each) enough?

EDIT: Ok, nevermind, reuploaded AGAIN. tounge.gif Make sure to update your sas4.cfg with the save folder info at the bottom of the file. You can now have 10 folders, with up to 10 saves each, for a total of 100 saves. You can rename the folders for easy reference, but you MUST change the names in the bottom of sas4.cfg as well, or the game will crash. You can leave them as default as well. To keep things simple, don't make the folder name more than 25 characters.

EDIT 2: Reuploaded; took me 7 HOURS to find a nasty, one character bug.

Hey, I work for YOU! tounge.gif

EDIT 3 - 04/18/08 - 11:05AM EST: After 6 more hours of tinkering, the cars are saving properly again. I swear, I feel like the US government - fix one thing and three more break. biggrin.gif

silentskull
  • silentskull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:15 PM

im srry to just say.. but this did work for me either =[ make a tutorial plz

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Just would like to point out to everyone having problems, that with the 4/18 build, I've shot the entire first episode of season 3 of PEDS (47 GB raw footage, trimmed to 17 GB/9 minutes runtime) with the same build that everyone else has. So it works. tounge.gif

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:30 PM

i will test it and use it in my future episodes of Scope

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:54 PM Edited by Bad~Boy#17, 05 May 2008 - 09:01 PM.

I have a problem.
I installed like it says in the first post, I see all the special loading screens and the "Welcome sign" at the start of the game, but none of the buttons work for me. I've tried all buttons listed here and in the SAGAMEKEYS.txt, but nothing. I can spawn peds only with the PageUp or PageDown keys and even then one at a time. If I want 2, then the first one dissapears. I've also tried making groups, but no key works. I've tried INSERT + TAB, for spawning 3 peds in a group, but I only get one and even that works only once. I have the original v1 game, but use a hoodlum crack (i currently don't have my disk at home).

Help ?

And I don't have any other mods installed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users