Photo

[BETA] San An Studios 4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic
ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:39 AM Edited by ceedj, 18 December 2009 - 08:02 AM.

UPDATED 04/12/08 - Added teleporter locations, St. Mark's Bistro enterable, Liberty City accessible, police interiors available, fixedcar follows, restoring Carl in a car no longer kills him.
UPDATED 03/04/08 - Saves fixed again, greenscreen mod included, little fixes and additions.
UPDATED 01/06/08 - Fixed a few minor bugs, G + J for 12 group now working, player in vehicle now saves to file.
UPDATED 01/05/08 - Full I/O on peds in cars, added ability to spawn and move/replace up to 36 objects as found in the games' map files.

THE FOLLOWING EXES ARE CONFIRMED WORKING WITH THIS MOD:

US: HOODLUM v1.0 ENGLISH
EUR: HOODLUM v1.0 MULTI
EUR: HOODLUM v1.1 FIXED/PATCHED

The DEVIANCE v1.0 exe does NOT work.

See THIS POST for details.

D O W N L O A D

NOTE: This does not seem to work with Vista; I have no clue why, since I happily still have XP. If you manage to get it running on Vista, please post what you did. Thanks.

I need testers. If you've used San An Studios, please try this out. No README included, but there is an updated gamekeys. New stuff includes:

Complete engine rewrite; thanks to JGS for his new hook
Custom Animation Keys (see below)
Animation Timeline (see below)
Four cars now available (only 1 and 2 follow so far)
Trailers now available and attach to cab (not added to save position routine yet, so be careful if saving an attached trailer)
Minutes can now be set during time set/freeze
Widescreen mode added; able to access menu
Lights/Engine on/off for cars
Driveby fixed for peds 1-6; driveby on self ped (ex: LF SHIFT + F7) will attack player. Ped (or player) can be on foot or in vehicle

TO INSTALL
Extract your files, and place San An Studios 4.exe and the SanAnStudios folder into the ROOT of your GTA SA installation.

Look combined with kill engine; to look at actor, press DELETE + K (set by default) then MODIFIER + 1-9. To attack actor, press INSERT + K, then MODIFIER + 1-9.

CUSTOM ANIMATION KEYS
Keys Q-P (except T) and G-L are the animation keys. To change the assigned animation, ALT-TAB out of the game, open "animations.txt" and replace one of the lines; all the lines go in order. Use SAAnim.txt to see what animations to use. Ignore the numbers for now; but the second (after the 4.0) is the loop flag, and the last number is the time the animation will play in MS. You can loop this by using -1 instead.

Make changes, save the animations.txt file, the go back to the game and press A + R to reload the list. Now your animations have changed. Do not add new animations to this list; there must always and only be a list of 14 animations.

TIMELINE
This is a very crude, but very useful function. Press a MODIFIER + T to see the dance routine that is loaded by default. If you tap T, the next animation will play until the end of the file. To change the timeline, open timeline.txt and use SAAnims.txt to decide which animations to use. Save the timeline.txt file and go back to the game. Press R + T to reload the timeline; the timeline will now play the new animations.

PLEASE test this (make sure to check out SAGAMEKEYS.txt to see all the key changes; there are a few) and if you have any issues, please report here. You MUST have GTA San Andreas v1.0 for PC for this to work.

EDIT: Just got some test results in: this will NOT work with a downgraded Australia game, since the downgrader wasn't built for AUS exe's. SO DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT; I ALREADY KNOW!!!

I also need some screenshots for our custom loading screen (thanks to Sacky for that code!), so if you take some good screens and post them here, I'll add the best one's to the archive on final release.

Thanks bunches! smile.gif

D O W N L O A D

EDIT: Error in SAGAMEKEYS.txt

INSERT + P = Freeze Clock
DELETE + P = Unfreeze Clock
DELETE + 9 = Delete Car 3
DELETE + 0 = Delete Car 4

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:15 AM

New stuff:
BIG GROUP KEYS
INSERT + G = Starts 12 group; same as ped creation
DELETE + G = Deletes all 12; must confirm
G + U = Insert new actor (swaps out any actor for new
one; use 1-9 or I, O, or P to choose which one to swap)
G + S = Save group position
G + R = Restore group position

G + Z = Follow
G + X = Walk to dummy
G + C = Run to dummy
G + V = Sprint to dummy
G + 1-6 = Attack Peds 1-6
G + A = Attack Self Group
G + F9-F12 = Attack Vehicles 1-4
G + SPACE = Stop (Space)
G + F5 = Arm
G + F6 = Disarm
G + HOME = Add to Player Group
G + END = Remove From Player Group
G + BACKSPACE = All rotate to player
G + P = Run in Panic
G + D = Swim Flag On/Off
G + J = Angry crowd - this isn't working at the moment. Not sure why, but it's being worked on.

So there's the possibility of having 21 actors on the screen at the same time, but we're getting into Sims 2 territory: only if your system can handle it. wink.gif

Feedback would be appreciated.
  • Parv likes this

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:35 AM Edited by Simon., 28 November 2007 - 07:41 AM.

It crashes after loading on Vista Home Edition. I see the custom splash screen, then I see the "New Game", "Load Game" options, after picking either of them and waiting for the game to load it crashes. It says "gta_sa.exe has stopped working." and then starts some sort of Windows Error reporting.

Windows Vista Home Premium
NVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ (2.51 GHz)
2GB RAM

gta_sa.exe = 13.7 MB (14,383,616 bytes). Hoodlum No-DVD exe.

SA:MP is in the same folder, but I don't think that would effect it. Other than that it's a clean game installation.

I'll try it on XP sometime in the weekend.
  • @QaiserH@ likes this

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:30 AM Edited by ceedj, 28 November 2007 - 02:31 PM.

Thanks very much for the report Simon. Not sure what the differences between XP and Vista are. Exe looks fine too. Hmmm, well I look forward to you XP report.

EDIT: Hey, load a game, ALT-TAB out, then start the hook. See if that works. Also, make sure your SCM is unmodded. I know, you said it's a clean install, but just making sure, as I can't count the times I thought I had the right script in there, but didn't. wink.gif

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, all peds can now swim (including the dummy ped), so peds can follow you into water. Only a slight issue is that the "follow" command doesn't work in water (game limitation), so I've crafted a work around that gets the player coords and they swim to there. You'll have to keep doing it if you want them to follow for a long time, but it's the best that I can do.

Also, haven't quite worked out a check with the Big Group. They will all follow, and into the water, but the game MAY crash if some of the group is in the water and some is not and you do the G+ Z follow command. Working on a possible fix, but for now, have them follow you into the water, then do the follow command again when ALL 12 are in. This doesn't affect Ped1-6, though I have to add the swim commands to the 2 peds (2 and 3) and three peds (4,5,6) misc key groupings.

jojo_7
  • jojo_7

Hey! How about a big nice cup of shut the f*ck up?

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

Uh yeah i need help... it dosent start... i press the SAS4.exe in the archive and it goes into the game, gives me a black screen for about a second and gives me the" Send error or not to microsoft " WTFH?! i baught the game for alot of cash... works fine... oh BTW when i had the game cracked and the " San vice " mod installed it worked propobly cause of the crack, but it screwes with the mouse!) EXAMLE #1:
i load a game, want to look backwards but i cant! its like the mouse dosent exsist!!! EXAMPLE #2 i go to the pause manu, it does the same thing!

some times it dosent, but when i go back into the game... guess what suicidal.gif

and when i press Esc about 5 times ( cause sometimes it releases this sh*ty thing...) some times the screen goes black!

i have 2 diffrent errors in here.

ERROR1: when the screen is black. i can hear the last second of the sound looping and i can exit the game by pressing the button between Crtl and Alt and then ending the prosses.

ERROR2: cant do sh*t... so i have to reboot the PC!!! WTFH?!

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:30 PM Edited by ceedj, 29 November 2007 - 02:55 AM.

You MUST have GTA San Andreas v1.0 for PC for this to work.

Must be a US or EU exe.

Sorry, I have NO idea what you're talking about otherwise.

EDIT: NEW version up; grab it from the top post. Now includes a config file to set default ped health, driveby rate of fire, car/aircraft follow radius, etc. Just making it more flexible for YOU. smile.gif

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:52 AM

Loads up fine on this XP computer. The keys feel a bit unresponsive sometimes, it doesn't do commands when you want.. for example I was trying to do the Insert + T to toggle the text on and off and it wasn't always responding to it - it seemed to respond more if I pressed T and then pressed Insert.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:13 AM Edited by ceedj, 29 November 2007 - 09:27 AM.

Thanks so much for the report Simon. smile.gif Good to know about XP vs Vista. As for the keys, the game checks for over 120 different key combos when the player is Idle across 5 (or 6 if the clock is frozen) separate threads. There will be a "slight" delay, but it shouldn't be any more than 1 to 1.5 seconds, and far less if doing ped/player animations; this thread has the highest priority, so all the others will respond a hair slower.

As far as I'm concerned, you want more priority placed on animations, because when recording with FRAPS, you need all the extra responsiveness that you can get. If you can, try to create 1 or 2 peds, and do some animations with them and see if that's better for you. I'm guessing most people aren't (but maybe some do) setting text and creating peds while recording, so we can afford a bit of lag in those threads, especially if it makes the two animation threads faster.

I can pretty clearly remember a time when I saw "is actor performing animation TEXT" and "get animation TEXT time to TIME" and said I'll NEVER have a use for those. Shows how much I know. wow.gif

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

hmm... doesnt work on vista hu?..... have you guys tried to run the program in XP compatibility mode? you can doe that by clicking on the exe with the right mouse button and then you can edit it somewhere:P. dunno exactly where but i've done it a few times before when i had compatibility problems and most of the time it worked;)

jojo_7
  • jojo_7

Hey! How about a big nice cup of shut the f*ck up?

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Nov 29 2007, 01:30)
You MUST have GTA San Andreas v1.0 for PC for this to work.

DUH! IF I BAUGHT IT WITH THE MANUAL AND ORIGINAL CD I THINK ITS v1.0!

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:50 PM

Heh, You fail. Newest releases of SA are 2.0 dozingoff.gif *duh*

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

LOL, how can someone miss the version indicator on the bottom left/right...

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:59 AM Edited by Simon., 01 December 2007 - 10:13 AM.

QUOTE (markiij @ Nov 29 2007, 23:35)
hmm... doesnt work on vista hu?..... have you guys tried to run the program in XP compatibility mode? you can doe that by clicking on the exe with the right mouse button and then you can edit it somewhere:P. dunno exactly where but i've done it a few times before when i had compatibility problems and most of the time it worked;)

I've tried setting it to both Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode and the Windows 98 / ME compatibility mode and both make it crash after trying to start the game using the loader. It gets further on the normal compatibility mode (as described above), which is of course Vista tounge.gif .

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:58 AM Edited by ceedj, 05 December 2007 - 03:06 PM.

New version up; grab it from the first post.

HUGE THANKS TO SACKY, SEEMANN, AND FRIENDS FOR GREAT MEMORY ADVICE/FINDS!!!

New stuff:

GRAVITY
HOME + M = Gravity 1 (1/2 by default)
END + M = Gravity 2 (1/4 by default)
DELETE + M = Default Gravity

Suggested values: (thanks to steve-m!)
Float Description

0.008 default gravity
0.004 half gravity (Gravity 1 default)
0.002 quater gravity (Gravity 2 default)
0.016 double gravity
0.032 fourfold gravity
-0.008 negative gravity
1.0 very high gravity
0.0001 very low gravity

There is a new field in sas4.cfg; use the chart above to set your own values for Gravity 1 and 2.

CHANGES:

HOME + H = Escape blue hell

END + H = Disable ALL in-game GUI
(Supresses all text, disables all targeting sights
- except green auto targeting - hides HUD and radar,
black bars will NOT show up in widescreen)

There's also now a config file (sas4.cfg); thanks to AK-73 for some code I borrowed. wink.gif

There's also some extra car stuff, and a few key changes; see SAGAMEKEYS.txt for all the details.

FIXES:

- Clock will stay frozen when creating peds/cars/environment
- Area/Vehicle Text now stays off after using Widescreen mode
- Radio station text, Uniquie/Insane Stunt Jump text, Wheelie/Stoppie text suppressed
- All 4 vehicles can be set to attack the player if they are Hunters or Hydras.

Please try to test END + H and the Gravity stuff; this is all done with memory hacking, and I'm not sure what works with different versions of the game. Enjoy. smile.gif

EDIT: Even MORE stuff! wow.gif Download again!

INSERT + X = Shake Camera Short
DELETE + X = Shake Camera Long
HOME + X = Start Screensaver
END + X = Disable Screensaver
INSERT + B = Enable Motion Blur/Vertigo
DELETE + B = Disable Motion Blur/Vertigo

SCREENSAVER: Disabled by default, so it won't go hunting for stuff after 90 seconds. When on, it's always on (it will start again after a key is released or you move the player). Not terribly useful on (though fun to watch), but having it off should be a help.

MOTION BLUR/VERTIGO: Hate the blur? Me too. Love it? It's on by default. The vertigo is also disabled; you'll notice this when you stop suddenly and the camera shoots forward.

Fun to speed around the highways with 1/2 gravity. tounge.gif

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

Not sure how you handled it in previous versions (been away a long time), but do you plan to release the source code? I'd really like to have a look at it.
  • @QaiserH@ likes this

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:12 PM Edited by ceedj, 07 December 2007 - 11:45 PM.

Will release it when it's out of BETA. And check yo PM's. wink.gif

EDIT: New version up.

New section in sas4.cfg

#PED FIGHTING STYLE - ONLY APPLIES TO NEWLY CREATED PEDS
#(thanks to spaceeinstein)
#4 Standard style
#5 Boxing
#6 Kung fu
#7 Knee head style
#8-14 Different weapon styles
#15 The first style u start off with
#16 Elbows only
##########################
#
#
# Ped 1 - 9 Fighting Style
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
#
#
# Group 12 Peds Fighting Style
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

(Note: those two lines above are just the default; of course you can them all to whatever is listed above. Values others than the ones listed may cause the game to malfunction. Remember, if you break it, I get to laugh!)

FIXED:

Health for 12 peds now gets data from file properly
Moved Gravity parameters from SAGAMEKEYS to it's own section in sas4.cfg
Added more "stability" checks during ped/car/environment browse

EDIT: New version up! Grab it from post #1!!!

ADDED

CRUISE CONTROL - By popular demand! Uses the "=" key, like the old VC CamHack. Only works on cars 1-4; for random cars, you'll have to make it Car1 (HOME + C, with player as driver) to make it work. Accelerate to your desired speed, press =. To disable, press ON YOUR CONTROLLER: ACCELERATE, REVERSE/BRAKE, HANDBRAKE, or ENTER/EXIT. If you don't have a controller, I pity you, but in this case, press the appropriate key as you have it mapped. I may add a RESUME function later, but this'll do for now. wink.gif

FIXED

Car 2 doesn't have to be created to make the player car Car1.
"G" key will now perform animations properly.

If you downloaded the last release from above (fighting styles added), you only need to replace the San An Studios 4.exe in the archive; everything else is unchanged.

.berserk
  • .berserk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:31 AM

Can you use the two extra gang members from 9ine's Homie mod in this one?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:14 AM Edited by ceedj, 08 December 2007 - 08:49 AM.

If they replace any existing peds, then yes. Otherwise, no, as the hook depends on a un-modded peds.ide file.

Also, fixed a MAJOR boo-boo; if you downloaded in the last 12 hours, please redownload, as peds 2-9 were crashing the game. Hey, I said it was a boo-boo! lol.gif

EDIT: I think (THINK) that the interior peds problem has been somehow solved. All peds seem to work in all interiors now, but I still have some checking to do...

MachiniMax
  • MachiniMax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

Seeing as I'm here....

Having trouble with the 'L' animation key. Seems to crash the game/hook. Haven't tested it thoroughly (I'm oly here by chance) so I'll take a further look at it and report back on the PF forum.

MM

kakarot_9
  • kakarot_9

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:52 PM

Nice tool, I really love it, I have one problem though.
Whenever I create a PED and choose the skin I want and press backspace(confirm choice), the ped dies and thus lies on the ground. I'm unable to put any animations on him. sad.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:55 PM Edited by ceedj, 20 December 2007 - 03:38 AM.

Make sure the San An Studios folder (not the exe, the folder with 4 files in it) is in the ROOT of your GTASA folder. There are default values the hook needs to find, which are in sas4.cfg.

EDIT: There MAY be an issue with the "G" key if the 12 Peds group is created and you're trying to use the "G" key on peds 1-6. I haven't had an issue with it myself, but if you do, please post here. Thanks. smile.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:35 PM Edited by ceedj, 27 December 2007 - 04:40 PM.

New version up; go to the first post, which is now updated at the top with the latest release date.

NEW STUFF: (all files except animkeys.txt and timeline.txt should be replaced with the new files in the archive.)

- File system works completely (I think). There is a new folder in SanAnStudios4 called saves; this will hold your save files, up to ten. Each file is completely independent of each other, so you can build up scenes with actors and vehicles. There are 3 sample save files included, edit with Notepad AT YOUR OWN RISK. Most of the params are pretty straightforward, but you assume all responsibility if you break it. HAH!

- You can save peds in different interiors and mix them inside or out, but they will only render if you are in the interior you created them in. Example: You create 2 peds, one outside, one inside. They will both reload, but only be visible if you are inside or outside. If you go in or out, you'll just have to reload that save.

The save files will be written automatically if there are none in the folder. Also, the save files will be of varying lengths, depending on what you save. The DummyPed entry (created or not) and Player interior/coords are created if nothing else is; these lines must ALWAYS be in the save file.

- There are 3 zeros (0, 0, 0) in the Player section of the save file; these MUST be there and MUST be set to zero; the hook does this automatically.

- Cars can now be created and saved/restored in interiors (experimental).

- One sort of major flaw, you can save peds inside of cars, but they will restore standing on top of them (only when restoring from a file. Restoring from memory keeps the actors in the cars properly). This can be problematic if you have actors in planes chasing you around. To correct this will take quite a bit of time and code, because I have to check actors, cars, number of seats, which seat the actor is in, etc. I'm working on a solution, but don't count on it very soon.; I may need some outside help with this.

For now, just create your cars, then your peds near the door they will climb into, then save it to a file. This way, you only have to command them to enter the vehicle and then follow you. It's a pain, I know, but I'm working on it. wink.gif

- Targeting stuff is GONE. Has a bonus side effect of removing all the yellow triangles around doors, so you can now film the player entering/leaving an interior without the stupid yellow arrow. The downside is that this is done at the game start, so there's no way to tell which houses you can enter. Working on a fix so we can turn it back on.

- Lots of internal code cleaned up; should be a hair faster.

- Added a WeaponID column to the sas4.cfg file for Peds1-9 and the 12 Group. The whole "preload actors" part is done; see the cfg file for instructions.

- When you create the 12 Peds group, you will be given the option of adding weapons after each actor is created. Scroll and select them as normal.

- The Ped/Weapon entries in sas4.cfg will override normal ped creation and weapon assignment if the first param is set to 1. You can mix these if you like, so you can have 4, 5, 6 of the 12 group a constant set while the rest can be chosen. If the preloaded ped in the 12 Group has a WeaponID other than zero (0), you will not get the weapon choose option; the WeaponID in the file will be loaded instead.

- Included WeaponID.txt and SpecialActors.txt for reference in editing the ped/weapon params in sas4.cfg.

It doesn't seem like much, but it's all internal. Up next: custom model loading (kind of working) and RC controls!

gk787
  • gk787

Guitar Master 2008

• Members

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:19 AM

This is really cool, i like the new version (because of the added cars mostley)
but i have a question
Is it normal for no effects to show up ( target, gunshots, explosions,smoke,lights!) when i start up GTASA normally they show up, just with Sanan Studios they don't.
Also the "hook" doesn't hook anymore :\, it would be cool if it was like last time where in the main menu you could press CRTL+ALT+(whatever key) to "hook" it, (sometimes i only need it later on, not exactly at the time.) but other than that its great!
also doesnt work with modded scms like last time, last time it worked great with modded SCMs but eh, its doable
-thanks for this awesome program, keep up the good work
I like your shows btw.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:15 AM Edited by ceedj, 29 December 2007 - 09:33 PM.

Yes, ATM, it is normal for effects not to show up on start; this will be fixed in the next release so it's toggleable.

Using with modded SCM's is handy, but the stability of the new hook far outweighs any benefits of using modded SCM's. Sorry.

EDIT: Oooooooooooooo, didn't know it affected the lighting too. Anyway, it's now invoked with END + H (removing all HUD stuff too.) Bring it back with INSERT + H. Redownload the file; hey, THIS is why it's a BETA!

(Use DELETE + H for now to remove hud elements without killing the text and widescreen bars.)

MISSED NOTES: Moved enter car driver for cars 3 and 4 from INSERT/DELETE to confused.gif '. Duh. Sorry. It's updated in GAMEKEYS.TXT as well.

NEW STUFF! Couldn't give you bad news without some good news. Cars 1 - 4 can now be preset in sas4.cfg; use vehicles.ide (in your game folder, typically "GTA San Andreas\DATA") for the model numbers and carcols.dat (in the same folder) for the colors. You can open both of these files with Notepad, but I am working on a big list that will have just the car model ID's, text and color combos.

RC MODE: This is kind of cool; create a car (1-4). If any of the models are RC models, you can have the player enter RC Mode with CAPS + (enter car code). For Car 1, this is CAPS + N. The camera will bounce, then you'll have control of the vehicle. The detonation key has been disabled, but they have low health anyway, and can be exploded by MODIFIER + X as well. To leave RC mode, blow up the vehicle, or press your game key for ENTER/EXIT car. This deletes the car created, so you'll have to recreate it again (the game destroys the RC vehicle automatically).

HEADLIGHTS/PARKING LIGHTS/ENGINE: All fixed and are now independent of each other.

INVISIBLE CARS: Press CAR MODIFIER + V to make a car vanish. The shadow remains though. All car occupants will be hidden as well. Press CAR MODIFIER + V again to make them reappear.

EDIT 2: Ok, new version up.

FIXED: Actor Driver Bug; actors now enter the car as a driver properly.

Targeting now suppressed again, and everything else renders fine. Also made the entrance markers invisible. Here's how it works:

INSERT + H = Turns everything on, as if you were playing the game.
DELETE + H = Kills HUD, Radar, Entrance markers and Green Targets
END + H = Kills ALL GUI stuff (as above) plus other weapon target sights and prevents the "black bars" from showing in Widescreen (INSERT + W to toggle).

USAGE: If you're like me, you do all your cropping in post-production, so the black bars in the Hook's Widescreen mode (INSERT + W) don't matter. I'd recommend using END + H.

If you WANT the black bars to show, use DELETE + H, but the other target stuff will remain.

If for some reason you WANT the target stuff and entrance markers (hey, you might), leave everything ON (INSERT + H) and turn off the HUD and Radar from your game menu (Graphic Options I think).

When I say "kills entrances markers" I really mean it stops them from rendering. They are still there, and you can still enter/exit them, but the yellow arrow will not be there, so filming this stuff should be much more fun. smile.gif

Oh yeah, text is no longer suppressed when using END + H; sorry if this bothers some, but I find I need some that text to show when filming, and again, I just crop it out in post.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:01 PM Edited by ceedj, 10 January 2008 - 05:01 AM.

Ok, new version up, first post, yadda yadda.

This was a BEAST. But it's done.

- Peds 1-9 can be saved inside cars, bikes, some planes and some choppers. This is still a work in progress, but seems to work pretty good. See Save1.sav for an example of this.

IF YOU WANT TO USE AN OLDER SAVE FILE, YOU MUST UPDATE THE FOLLOWING!!!

1 - Add 0 0 0 to the end of all peds (1-9) and the dummy as well. Use Save1.sav as a reference.

2 - Add 0 0 0 IMMEDIATELY after the PLAYER object number (19)

3 - Add the following:

#Group 12 On/Off - MUST BE 1 or 0!!!
#
#Objects On/Off - MUST BE 1 or 0, even if as little as one object created!!!
#

Load the old save and it should be good. SAVE IT IMMEDIATELY!!! Now the old save is new again. Sweet no?

- Objects can now be loaded, up to 36 at once. Press HOME + F5 to create one (press 1-0, Q-P, A-L, or Z-M). Press END + F5 to delete, using the same key set, or press DELETE to delete them all. All objects created are liftable; press ENTER/EXIT VEHICLE (game control) to lift an object, like in the burglary sub-missions. Move your object, then drop it.

One minor problem; Carl never drops the objects completely on the ground, so they "hover" about a foot (relative) off the ground. To correct this, press R + F5, then the same keys for create/delete to reset the Z coord value, so the object will "snap" to the ground. All objects are solid upon creation, so it's possible to "stack" some props (like a TV or vase on a table), but make sure you only "snap" the objects that need it, or else it will wind up on the floor.

But how do you select those objects? Open objects.cfg. There are 36 rows, each with four parameters. The first is the Model ID number. More on that in a sec. The second is the Target on off (1/0); put it on to target it with your weapon. Third is a Moveable flag; if on (1), the object will stay in place. MOSTLY. Some objects have their own properties, and are set by the game. Trial and error here. The final param is an Indestructible flag. If on, can not be destroyed by explosions or vehicles. MOSTLY. Again, some objects have their own properties.

The first param can be found in the IDE files of your game. These numbers must NOT be weapons, vehicles, peds (actors) or wheel/extra car objects. Most everything else seems to load fine, including entire interior sets. Have a look it the DATA\MAPS folder and open the ide file with notepad. Use ONLY numbers in the objs section, like so: (from int_SF.ide)

CODE
objs
14530, driveschl_main, estate2, 30, 0
14531, int_zerosrc01, int_zerosrcA, 30, 0
14532, tv_stand_driv, drivingbit, 20, 0
14533, pleasure-TOP, pleas_dome, 100, 0
14534, ab_woozies01, ab_woozieA, 100, 0
14535, ab_woozies03, ab_woozieC, 100, 0

The first number is the one you want, the rest is just descriptors. You can also use a map viewer/editor (either MeD (Map Editor) or Steve-m's Map Viewer are good). Select the object you want on the screen in the editor; the ide number should be in the info, depending on your tool.

This is all REAL experimental, and may or may not work as advertised. Save4.sav has two objects created to show how it works. So you can now save up to 9 normal peds, 12 group peds, both with weapons, four cars and four trailers (if cars are truck cabs), 36 objects, player coords and the friggin' time.

IS THAT ENOUGH ALREADY????

Erm, sorry.

Enjoy!!! tounge.gif

FIXED: "K" won't crash outside of "leaping" from one car to another anymore. The leap code still works, just a bit safer.

Still need to figure out why my action sequences won't work (GRRR), and maybe a few minor tweaks here and there. But I think it's mostly finished now. Help file and proper documentation coming soon.

EDIT: If you find a file in the SanAnStudios folder called PedsNCars.sav, delete it; this was from an old test build that I forgot to delete.

EDIT 2: Fixes and stuff. Only the exe file this time...

- Phones now independent for actors 1-6 and the player; will now turn on and off for each actor properly. Same with turret mode for the "Leap" code; it wasn't a problem since it's only one actor on one of two cars, but that may change in the future, so it's fixed now.

- G + J now works for the 12 group, which will do a variety of "riot" animations. Press G + SPACEBAR to clear. May include the ability (way WAY down the road. I need a break!) to make "custom" animation packs like this one uses.

- Player now saves car info to the save file if the player is in a car. Don't know why I didn't have it in the first place, but it's there now. Only works if saving to a file, since (in my experience) the player is used as a camera more than anything else. Just save it to a file already, it's not like you don't have ten of them. tounge.gif

- Fixed hash marks (#) not generating properly in the save files; was purely aesthetic, and your data in the file is not affected by this at all.

EDIT 3: Also forgot to mention, all MISSION SCRIPT objects can be loaded as well; you MUST put a minus sign in from of the number. If you have a SA mission decompiler (MB 0.33 or SB), just use the list from the beginning of the original main.scm file. If you don't have it, or don't code, see the link below for the full list (389 objects); I will include this list as a text file in the next release.

MISSION SCRIPT OBJECT LIST

gk787
  • gk787

Guitar Master 2008

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:10 AM Edited by gk787, 12 January 2008 - 08:48 PM.

I have a small request if its possible, but
Can you make, in the next version, a hieght and speed de-limiter for aircraft?
just a small request. if you cant its cool,
but thanks biggrin.gif

Also small glitch found

Your Car creater spawns all cars/trucks etc from the vehicle.ide file. its cool but it also spawns 594,Rc cam. which in turn crashes the game if you scroll to it through the list of cars.
It also spawns trains and trams which is kinda useless, but anywho, if its possible, can you make the hook bypass these vehicle.ide cars?
Those are trains and cargoboxes etc, plus the rccam.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:40 PM Edited by ceedj, 13 January 2008 - 12:44 PM.

That's funny, the RC Cam (which looks like a plant potter) loads for me just fine. In fact, you can use it with the player if you want in RC mode, which is funny as hell to me, driving around a little potter with headlights. biggrin.gif

Anyway, using V1 or V2 of the game? Check your gta3.img and make sure the rccam dff and txd are there. If not, and you have V2, I may consider removing it then.

Not getting rid of the trains because I will eventually (key word there) add that functionality - creating trains on tracks and such.

gk787
  • gk787

Guitar Master 2008

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:56 PM Edited by gk787, 13 January 2008 - 06:09 PM.

Wow seriously?
It never spawned for me cuz i used Spaceeinsteins all in one mod which skips those cars, but weird yeah both files are there, its V1.0, vehicles.ide seem fine( the main problem for all my crashes). I don't know ill look to see if anything else causes it.
Oh and that train idea is cool, only wouldn't? it would be a hassle to get it to spawn directly over the train tracks mercie_blink.gif suppose anythings possible with 1's and 0's

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:41 PM Edited by ceedj, 13 January 2008 - 10:48 PM.

QUOTE (gk787 @ Jan 13 2008, 12:56)
Wow seriously?
It never spawned for me cuz i  used Spaceeinsteins all in one mod which skips those cars, but weird yeah both files are there, its V1.0, vehicles.ide seem fine( the main problem for all my crashes). I don't know ill look to see if anything else causes it.
Oh and that train idea is cool, only wouldn't? it would be a hassle to get it to spawn directly over the train tracks  mercie_blink.gif suppose anythings possible with 1's and 0's

Yeah, if you're using Space's mod which overrides parts of this mod, you might have issues. Can you try it with an unmodded SCM adn see if it works? I may be able to track down and correct it on my end; I know a lot of people use his mod.

As for the trains - considering the weeks I spent on the File I/O, that'll be a cakewalk. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Found a big oops with END + H; fixed, please re-download. ONLY the exe needs to be replaced, nothing else is affected. Also included the Mission Script Objects List text file.

gk787
  • gk787

Guitar Master 2008

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:33 AM Edited by gk787, 14 January 2008 - 01:48 AM.

Oh sorry i didnt mention it, Yeah i used an unmodded SCM and Script
What i mean is, Im used to seeing those vehicles skipped because i use his mod, But when using San an studios, I use a regular script, modded ones crash. well on my part..
ah cool, can't wait to actually use trains alien.gif

Edit: Sorry for all this posting, my comp may be screwed up
But when i press W to go forward, Cj teleports to a random place its near a farm, i think close to the sprunk factory (may be wrong, didn't pay much attention)
Is this normal?
I only press W nothing else, no CTRL, no ALT no Insert.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users