Photo

Custom vehicles in game but not?

3 replies to this topic
Dom0803
  • Dom0803

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

I have installed and reinstalled, countless times, but it doesnt seem to change.

It all worked perfectly, before I reinstalled my laptop. Ever since, I've had this problem. I cant think of any reason why. Toshiba Satellite A200-1BW - Windows Vista Ultimate.

I installed 2 Audis using SAMI and the cars I replaced were Solair and Emporer. Now. when I go ingame and spawn a Solair - it is still the GTA solair! not the audi..... When I spawn the Emporer (should be an audi RS6) it crashes the game.

When I look at both the cars with the GGMM then the custom Audi models display, but neither do ingame!

Anyone any idea why?

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

Wow, I thought I this was a very rare problem, but looks like I'm not the only one having it! I was just coming to post a topic about it.

I've tried installing models and textures with both IMG Tool and GGMM, and the models show up fine in GGMM, but in game, they're the regular models. When I edit the data files (like handling, vehicles.ide, etc) it works fine, but not the models. The game doesn't crash for me, the models are just the regular standard ones.

Any clue, anyone?

I do have a back up folder of the models and data, but I doubt that's causing any conflicts. I'll mess around with that, as it's my only guess as to what's going on so far...

Dom0803
  • Dom0803

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

I think I might know what might be causing my issue.

I previously installed GTA onto my external USB hard disk, forgot about it through time, then tried to play it again without the HD plugged in. Obvio it didnt find the game, so went to install it again... this time on the laptop itself.

Probs some f*cked registry keys but my GTA on the HD works fine and all the installed cars display perfectly like they should.

My problem solved I guess.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:58 PM Edited by Picolini, 27 November 2007 - 03:44 AM.

Well after some screwing around I think I found my problem.

It looks like some how/reason Vista made a copy of gta3.img under \Users\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GTA San Andreas\models

My guess is the game was reading it from there since the file was the standard unedited file size. As to why, I don't know.

I say I think I found it because when I deleted it, the game wouldn't load anymore... I may have deleted or changed something before that, which caused it to not load. After restoring it the game still wouldn't load. So I'll be reinstalling it and see if that works...

edit SOLVED:
Reinstalled, works fine. I'm pretty sure it was loading the models from the gta3.img in the folder address I posted above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users