Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you skip over pinned topics?

78 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you skip over pinned topics? (236 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you skip over pinned topics?

1. yes (63 votes [27.75%])

Percentage of vote: 27.75%

2. no (13 votes [5.73%])

Percentage of vote: 5.73%

3. sometimes (52 votes [22.91%])

Percentage of vote: 22.91%

4. stop drinking (15 votes [6.61%])

Percentage of vote: 6.61%

5. Posted Image (84 votes [37.00%])

Percentage of vote: 37.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (Turtle @ Nov 27 2007, 20:30)
Quote train.

You're a whipping boy, Turtle. Sadly, every once in a while, someone comes along who's just a little too eager to join the ranks, a little too enthusiastic about getting into hype.

These people get picked on relentlessly until they finally catch on and define themselves in a different fashion. You can start by ignoring douchebags like Biggy and Bartleby. Man, what a couple of penis holes.

Turtle
  • Turtle

Straight off Beat Street

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Nov 28 2007, 04:36)
QUOTE (Turtle @ Nov 27 2007, 20:30)
Quote train.

You're a whipping boy, Turtle. Sadly, every once in a while, someone comes along who's just a little too eager to join the ranks, a little too enthusiastic about getting into hype.

These people get picked on relentlessly until they finally catch on and define themselves in a different fashion. You can start by ignoring douchebags like Biggy and Bartleby. Man, what a couple of penis holes.

lol it didn't take long for me too find a better sig. I love you otter.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:58 AM

See... you're doing it again. tounge.gif Stop loving me, and go tell someone off in the vehicle section. FORD SUCKS, MAN!

@ Topic: What? I didn't even read the first post.

Turtle
  • Turtle

Straight off Beat Street

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Nov 28 2007, 04:58)
See... you're doing it again. tounge.gif Stop loving me, and go tell someone off in the vehicle section.  FORD SUCKS, MAN!

Welll I love you but biggie and the other guy just said somthing funny. I don't love them and I don't want to suck up to them. Bartleby is a winky.

And yes, Ford sucks Holden!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Turtle @ Nov 27 2007, 22:30)
QUOTE (GT-1 @ Nov 27 2007, 14:25)
QUOTE (Guybrush_Threepwood @ Nov 27 2007, 04:56)
QUOTE (Turtle @ Nov 27 2007, 11:11)
QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Nov 25 2007, 14:40)
QUOTE (Turtle @ Nov 25 2007, 00:34)
QUOTE (Bartleby @ Nov 24 2007, 17:25)
QUOTE (BigGamer @ Nov 24 2007, 11:18)
Pirate Dog, most definitely.

Quoted for awesome.

Quoted to make it easier to put in sig.

you are like the tofu of trend whores, aren't you

you just suck up whatever flavor is floating around.

More or less. Except I'm not really a trend whore since this is my thing.

You ignant ass honkey fool.

Agreed - just because you're well known!?! It reminds me of a certain other Australian, who would go to any length to be noticed. Agreeing with anyone who has a few posts, or is respected etc. just because it gives them the impression they are cool and in with the crowd. Could it be any less true? Talk about tag-a-longs. I'm tempted to rejoin the moderating team, just so I can knock you off my list, which incidently only has one name on it. icon14.gif

What the hell are you talking about? How am I a tag along? The quote sigs are my thing and with pirate dog; I couldn't find a better avatar.

Anyone with a few posts, bit of respect etc. who posts you either agree with them. The content of the post doesn't matter one bit, its the fact they are a big name that seems to attract you. Otter just took the piss and you agreed.

Some '01 member could make a completely racist posts which is going to get them banned, and you would agree or say it was cool because he's an 2001 member. You go around everywhere sucking up to everyone and craving attention. Congrats you're getting some attention, what you don't realise and others laugh at, is you're the forums whipping boy.

You told one of the other staffers you were going to lay low, is that happening yet? I ask because every post you make which says "x2 you guyz are so kewl" is pointless spam. Start developing your own opinions, and contribute something worthwhile or as a PBM you won't last long. If you really don't understand what I'm on about PM me.

@ Topic, someone will make a post in the network forum sometime in the near future even with the massive lettering at the topic. People seem to be oblivious to anything at the top of the forums.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:33 AM Edited by SagaciousKJB, 28 November 2007 - 10:35 AM.

QUOTE (Turtle @ Nov 27 2007, 22:04)
QUOTE (Otter @ Nov 28 2007, 04:58)
See... you're doing it again. tounge.gif Stop loving me, and go tell someone off in the vehicle section.  FORD SUCKS, MAN!

Welll I love you but biggie and the other guy just said somthing funny. I don't love them and I don't want to suck up to them. Bartleby is a winky.

And yes, Ford sucks Holden!

I love Biggie and Bartles! They are the most coolest and funniest people in the world!

Is this sucking up enough to be as cool as Turtle, guys? f*ck, I want to be cool too!

Anyway, on-topic, I masturbate to them.

Edit ( avoiding spam 101)

In all seriousness, I think it's pretty much general practice for people to start ignoring the pinned topics after they've been going to a forum for a while. I glance up at them very once in a while to s ee if there's anything new, but I don't really read the old topics even if they have new posts.

Turtle
  • Turtle

Straight off Beat Street

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

But I don't agree with people just because they are older or respected or whatever. I was the first person on this topic to have a pirate dog avatar and as for the sig; I thought it was funny but look "Bartelby is a fag". And he is.

Would you mind telling me who I suck up too?

As for laying low; It's pretty hard to when I have trolls like Imincus (or somthing suicidal.gif ) following me around everywhere bitching about everything I type.

P.S. I didn't think Otter was taking the piss out of me dontgetit.gif .

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Turtle @ Nov 28 2007, 03:35)
But I don't agree with people just because they are older or respected or whatever. I was the first person on this topic to have a pirate dog avatar and as for the sig; I thought it was funny but look "Bartelby is a fag". And he is.

You should try to get to know the members on the site better instead of just seeking their approval or agreeing with them incessantly. You're cool, but so far no one as actually gotten to know you because the only thing we've really seen from you is band wagoning and talking about pot. People aren't necessarily being hostile, they're just trying to let you know that pretty much all new members do that without really realizing it at one point--it's part of settling in to GTAF. Sure, some of them are having fun at your expense, but should try to separate that from helpful guidance. Perhaps they're not good at showing they're more cordial side, but guys like Bartelby and Imi are actually quite cool guys.

Would you mind telling me who I suck up too?

How many times are you going to quote Digi in your sig?

P.S. I didn't think Otter was taking the piss out of me dontgetit.gif

He's subtle like that, that's why we lurv hims.

Turtle
  • Turtle

Straight off Beat Street

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:05 AM

Imi is a prick. Maybe Bartleby would be alright if I got to know but Imi is a prick, end of story.

I'm not sure you understood why it was funny the first time I did it and the second time he just set up somthing wich wasn't that funny but was funnier than the others. Also, i loke quote sigs.

And I don't agree with older/respected members incessantly. When will people learn to understand this. I'm not doing that.

We're playing divorced guys.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:55 PM

You're a jive turkey. And you ain't no friend of mine.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:15 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 01 December 2007 - 10:41 PM.

QUOTE (Turtle @ Nov 28 2007, 06:05)
Imi is a prick. Maybe Bartleby would be alright if I got to know but Imi is a prick, end of story.

I'm not sure you understood why it was funny the first time I did it and the second time he just set up somthing wich wasn't that funny but was funnier than the others. Also, i loke quote sigs.

And I don't agree with older/respected members incessantly. When will people learn to understand this. I'm not doing that.

Dude, as a rule I suspect anyone that dogs on someone else's partner. It sends a message of how poor your character is. When people have done that to me I was offended and I am offended when it is done to others as well.

Let us examine your reasons for picking on the female partners of others shall we?

It could be related to feeling about your mother.

It could be a deep rooted jealousy toward anyone whom has a successful partnership with another because of your own feelings of lack.

It could be your desire to replace women in the lives of men.

It could be that you are a coward in the face of women or generally worthless to them for some reason that is obvious to them and not you. (I suggest looking at your character for starters)

It is a relfexion on your character which is to say bad for any relationship you have including what little social stimulus you muster online.

It does demonstrate the need for councilling. (I suggest at leasst twice a week)

It does demonstrate why the case I presented to you long ago about being a disgrace to the TURTLE you are.....Your name doesn't offend me but the fact you are using that name still does.

Regards to all those whom shun this FAKE known to you as Turtle.

-HGF

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

I think there is one pinned topic that everyone should take a moment to re-read. Link

I don't skip over topics much at all. I read a lot of things that I have no interest in replying to, but I'd say I read 90% of the topics in sections that I frequent. I've been here so long that there's no reason for me to avoid something because I'm unsure or don't know what/who it is. I'll reply to anyone.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:36 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 28 November 2007 - 07:53 PM.

QUOTE (40ozFreak @ Nov 28 2007, 14:20)
I think there is one pinned topic that everyone should take a moment to re-read. Link

I don't skip over topics much at all. I read a lot of things that I have no interest in replying to, but I'd say I read 90% of the topics in sections that I frequent. I've been here so long that there's no reason for me to avoid something because I'm unsure or don't know what/who it is. I'll reply to anyone.

Yeah, I agree but their is a point in a topic where the tangent needs to be solved in some way or the issue comes up in multiple topics until someone gets banned or something...sometimes people cool down but not always.

Also that pinned topic you put up there is ignored with several others when it comes to ripping on people partners and such pretty regular.

That is the trouble with liberty and free speach in a society of any kind that encourages things like respect and integrity as well. Eventually it becomes obvious where certain things are and are not yet in an instant you can find yourself in a situation where you must reconcider some things.

One of the most important things someone with integrity can do is looked down on in the forums and that thing is apologize and then recommit to a better form of behaviour.

-HGF

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:37 PM

Most people on the internet don't apologize. Most of them either don't care, or want to seem cool to other internet people. For some reason, the internet creates this incessant need for approval amongst e-peers. I don't get it.

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

Well it all depends on the severity of the title and my interest in it, haha (forum rules or not). I tend not to read informative pinned topics, unless I'm really bored.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:39 AM

Apparently, I skip over them. Don't know why. Usually, I checked all of them before, and a lot are never updated. The one I always check is either in here or in Sports.

Oblivionz
  • Oblivionz

Clunge Crawler

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (40ozFreak @ Nov 28 2007, 14:20)

Very true. I occasionally read pinned topics, either to post in them, or just because they're helpful.
That's one of the very important topics that everyone seems to skip over because it's at the bottom of the pinned topics, so no one thinks it's important.
If it wasn't, it wouldn't pinned.

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:22 PM Edited by --supea--, 09 December 2007 - 02:53 PM.

Okay so this is the topic where you killed turtle... damn he was the only guy who's respect list I was confused.gif

So he f*cked with the cool guys eh?
Did you ip-ban him or something cos I'm sure he'll make new .... wtf you call it.. well you know new profile thing (sh*t I can't speak english O.o)

Edit: aheh, it was THIS topic where he got died... well he sorta like sacrificed himself... so we didn't get banned.... eh lol delete this post if youcan damn...

Okay so I won't get banned I'll add to topic: Yes, I usually skip over pinned
topics, but after I saw this and how many ppl does it too, I quited it, now
on I check the pinned about 8 times before asking or searching or anything.

XBOXLOVER
  • XBOXLOVER

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:09 AM

81 People voted Piratedog. lol.gif And yes I do skip over them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users