1,133 replies to this topic
Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

$170 is way too much for those. With proper scans, the WANTED poster can be easily printed lol.

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

Grand Theft Auto 20th Anniversary.

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:06 PM Edited by ChengizVlad09, 30 October 2017 - 11:12 PM.

Sure, overpriced, but I'd like to stand in Fireman's defence here just a bit. I don't know what drove License Plates prices crazy as of lately on Ebay in particular, but increase is obvious.

I've been monitoring prices there for almost 3 years now, and GTA IV LP is the one of the items whose price jumped the most, almost doubling in 80 percent of the times there.

I also remeber seeing some crazy prices for those wanted posters in the distant past -up to 200$ for set of 4, even though as of recently they've started appearing there in significant numbers now.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:30 PM Edited by Fireman, 30 October 2017 - 09:31 PM.

I just link it, I don't buy it :p

Compared to others it's the only actual complete one for very similar prices. Deiniftely seems like it's gone up.

• ChengizVlad09 likes this

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

I just link it, I don't buy it :p

Compared to others it's the only actual complete one for very similar prices. Deiniftely seems like it's gone up.

Lol, I didn't read through it all, I thought you were selling it :)

Nevertheless the point still stands. I do wonder what exactly does it make so expensive these days,

what ever it is, it seems unjustified. 

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

⚜ ɯeDemβ๏yz ⚜

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:05 AM Edited by 4s4sin96, 31 October 2017 - 11:08 AM.

There's not so much GTA IV merchandise out there, that might be an answer maybe.
170$ for (an incomplete bundle since it's missing the "I<3LC" pin) seems out of place, but I'm pretty sure there is someone who might buy it for the rarity (I once paid 200$ for the NECA Gordon Freeman figure, so yeah)

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:35 AM Edited by ChengizVlad09, 02 November 2017 - 11:50 AM.

Along with made up astronomical prices of these License Plates, nothing aggravates me more than seeing ppl stating in their ebay descriptions that Niko's plate is somewhat rarer. I have no idea on what exactly that might be based. Notice the title describing that one: "Ultra Rare". Bull. $hit. Ridiculous.

https://www.ebay.com...redirect=mobile

Just for the record, I've paid mine - GTA IV Plate, slightly less than 30 Euros. With shipping included and I think I have never paid less for shipping- around 13 Euros.
  • RaMMy likes this

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

⚜ ɯeDemβ๏yz ⚜

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

Along with made up astronomical prices of these License Plates, nothing aggravates me more than seeing ppl stating in their ebay descriptions that Niko's plate is somewhat rarer. I have no idea on what exactly that might be based. Notice the title describing that one: "Ultra Rare". Bull. $hit. Ridiculous.

Just for the record, I've paid mine - GTA IV Plate, slightly less than 30 Euros. With shipping included and I think I have never paid less for shipping- around 13 Euros.

'' Whether you actually put this on your car or display prominently on a collector's shelf, nothing else will scream true fan like this.'' - this made me cringe...

Also, there is someone selling his VC license plate for 93$!!!

https://www.ebay.com...5.c100005.m1851 <-- This is rarer and sold for less, I'm in tears

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:14 PM Edited by ChengizVlad09, 2 weeks ago.

Cringy stuff indeed. Yeah, that one certainly seems to be rarer and no matter where I used to look for any kind of info about it, I found nothing.
I don't know why, but this license plate always seems to finds it's owners in Italy - it even has the address of some Italian site on it. This is definitely strange, since this is the 3 one I saw that is being sold from there. Not sure what to say about this one though, but I remember when I first saw it, I thought it was unofficial merchandise.

Subjectively I'd say its price is still off for about 30 bucks, what you think? Assuming it's official merch...

Edit:

Just googled that site https://www.cidiverte.it/ and it seems that they are actually a store oriented in selling Rockstar, T2 and 2K games only, among some other unrelated stuff. Now, it is highly likely that they actually made that license plate as their promo back in the day, no wonder there's no R* logo anywhere on it. That seems pretty " unofficial " if you ask me... in that case insert " Best I can do is 3.50 " meme. 

• RaMMy likes this

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

⚜ ɯeDemβ๏yz ⚜

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

Cringy stuff indeed. Yeah, that one certainly seems to be rarer and no matter where I used to look for any kind of info about it, I found nothing.
I don't know why, but this license plate always seems to finds it's owners in Italy - it even has the address of some Italian site on it. This is definitely strange, since this is the 3 one I saw that is being sold from there. Not sure what to say about this one though, but I remember when I first saw it, I thought it was unofficial merchandise.

Subjectively I'd say its price is still off for about 30 bucks, what you think? Assuming it's official merch...

Edit:

Just googled that site https://www.cidiverte.it/ and it seems that they are actually a store oriented in selling Rockstar, T2 and 2K games only, among some other unrelated stuff. Now, it is highly likable that they actually made that license plate as their promo back in the day, no wonder there's no R* logo anywhere on it. That seems pretty " unofficial " if you ask me... in that case insert " Best I can do is 3.50 " meme. 

Nice find dude! But as you said it better, (found a more suiting meme):

fCmfeN2.jpg

Vadim M.
  • Vadim M.

Stay tuned

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Vadim M., 4 weeks ago.

uf5svPTl.jpg

I absolutely forgot to show you this treasure.

This is GTA III Soundtrack Sampler made for Game Republic magazine, which was issued in Italy. It has the same contents as the rest known samplers, but on a different ultra rare disc.

• uNi, GTAKid667 and ChengizVlad09 like this

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ChengizVlad09, 4 weeks ago.

uf5svPTl.jpg
This is GTA III Soundtrack Sampler made for Game Republic magazine, which was issued in France. It has the same contents as the rest known samplers, but on a different ultra rare disc.

Hey Vadim, are you sure it's France? I did some searching and Game Republic was an Italian magazine not French, plus we have already seen that ' CIDIVERTE '- stamped on the CD - is an Italian gaming store, almost exclusively selling T2, R* and 2K games and is somehow tied to them? Perhaps you have anything related to Cidiverte?

Vadim M.
  • Vadim M.

Stay tuned

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Vadim M., 4 weeks ago.

This is GTA III Soundtrack Sampler made for Game Republic magazine, which was issued in France. It has the same contents as the rest known samplers, but on a different ultra rare disc.

Hey Vadim, are you sure it's France? I did some searching and Game Republic was an Italian magazine not French, plus we have already seen that ' CIDIVERTE '- stamped on the CD - is an Italian gaming store, almost exclusively selling T2, R* and 2K games and is somehow tied to them? Perhaps you have anything related to Cidiverte?

Uh, my mistake. Fixed. Thanks!

Yes, I do, but I will post this stuff a little bit later.

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 4 weeks ago

No problem my man! If you have anything you'd like to share, whether it being a game or any kind of memorabilia and merchandise feel free to check out officially dedicated subforum for that:

http://gtaforums.com...and-discussion/

We are having some kind of classification process going on and this one will surely be a part of it!
Cheers!

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

⚜ ɯeDemβ๏yz ⚜

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 weeks ago

Happy 10 years anniversary to this thread 😂🍻

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Saw the GTA 3 LP Promo here.

Don't know if it's worth it or if it's really that rare, onions?

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ChengizVlad09, 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, that's about right. Maybe a bit cheaper depending on the condition, or in general, but somewhere around the given figure. I'm not sure whether it's "extremely" rare or not, but I'd say "very" rare definitely. These few pen marks could be a deal breaker for someone, but overall condition is very good. Actually I haven't seen one in better condition.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Price sounds about right for what it is.
There's some good promos at the warehouse as well.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

There's apparantely a big box version fo the Collection for the PC, I did not know that until today.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Gta1?

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jestic, 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, that's about right. Maybe a bit cheaper depending on the condition, or in general, but somewhere around the given figure. I'm not sure whether it's "extremely" rare or not, but I'd say "very" rare definitely. These few pen marks could be a deal breaker for someone, but overall condition is very good. Actually I haven't seen one in better condition.

Price sounds about right for what it is.
There's some good promos at the warehouse as well.

https://www.discogs....se/611969?ev=rb

I bought mine for $20

4QHMCIm.jpg

• Ash_735 likes this

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

https://www.discogs....se/611969?ev=rb

I bought mine for $20

That's more than awesome price! And the condition is pretty good. Of course, it's always possible to stumble upon a great deal for a significantly lower price, but as the time goes by, prices tend to get inflated since people start digging what's rare and what's even "rarer" and subjectively tailor term rare to their own seeing and pump prices as they see fit. When did you get yours Jestic? I assume couple of years back?

EDIT: didn't see the link, that's cool, didn't know for that particular site/store, they have quite a few of them there. Nice!

Vadim M.
  • Vadim M.

Stay tuned

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 2 weeks ago

San Andreas BMX bike was sold for 3 200 dollars

DMRvuXCW4AM71qy.jpg

• ChengizVlad09 and AlbanyEsperanto like this

ChengizVlad09
  • ChengizVlad09

• DB Staff
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Here's what's interesting about the GTA III Vinyl price. So, we thought the ' real 'price for mint or near mint condition was around 100 USD, but actually it should be significantly lower than that, am I right? Having another place of allocation other than Ebay makes it more available, heck, you can even see it's pretty usual to find it on Discogs and not only that, but the prices are totally different and there's almost abundance of GTA III Vinyls there. To be honest, I personally had a hunch it's not exactly extremely rare, but rather very rare, or even just rare - since we do not have exact numbers of copies released. Now that we can see lower prices and better stocks on Discogs, I'd say the real price for the mint or near mint condition would be around 60 USD or 50 EUR, what do you think guys?

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted A week ago Edited by Jestic, A week ago.

Sounds about right. In case of vinyl records, I bet a lot of them end up at record shops or otherwise vinyl collectors and sellers. I think most of them are just not aware of the value of such items.

The GTAIII promo vinyl came from a record shop in Antwerp, Belgium, Probably not where your average GTA\R* collector works.

A few months ago I also found the RDR OST vinyl (only 1000 were made) on the Belgian equivalent of ebay (2dehands.be), €100, sealed copy. It's certainly not cheap but they go around for $500 on ebay, not sealed. (photo)

• Ash_735 and ChengizVlad09 like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users