Help - REUNITING THE FAMILIES game Freeze

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
annasgta
  • annasgta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:19 PM

Playing on Playstation 2, I'm having trouble with the mission "Reuniting the Families". It gets frozen right at the part when the AK gets jammed and the helicopter cuts up the cop on the car and Smoke's like "Oh sh*t the brakes is out then freezes there right before it has to hit the billboard that says "A TASTE OF THINGS TO COME". I even left it there for more than 10 minutes but it's still frozen. Whats the reason? Is this because I broke that billboard prior to doing the mission and saved? Please help me I really need to do this mission in order to progress through the game and I don't want to start over.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hum... Maybe when you collide in the billboard before the mission, some file in the save has corrupted... Or check your disk for scratches...
If anything don't work... You have to start a New Game

annasgta
  • annasgta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

But I tried that mission prior to saving right before it. I mean when only that mission was left to do. I already knew that this would happen as I checked it after doing a couple of missions. I did those missions (House Party etc) and saved before starting this mission.

Jon_1986
  • Jon_1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:44 PM

My guess would be your disk. The same thing happens to me. Not on a mission but when I drive a particular car. Cant remember the name. But in the mission where you have to clear the mansion when you come back to los santos. You kill everyone then have to chase the drug dealer when he flees the mansion.

You end up chasing him in a pink convertable and my game grashed when it tryied to play some of the sound effects that car makes.

Had to complete that mission by running up the driveway and hoping to jack a car before the guy got away.

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

Jon_1986 please use spoilers.

How to use a spoiler:
CODE
[spoiler]example[/spoiler]

example

annasgta
  • annasgta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

But there is no other way to do it. The mission is almost over, its the damn cutscene that freezes.

Jon_1986
  • Jon_1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:30 PM

Sorry Bad~Boy#17 im new here / didnt know that existed / assumed everyone has played the game.
Total mistake on my part.

@ annasgta the only other thing I could suggest would be to get a loan of someone elses disk (if possable) just so you can get past this mission then it should be ok. Unless your disk is so bad other things are affected.

Doomed_Space_Marine
  • Doomed_Space_Marine

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

I think this might be problem with billboard. Maybe game has to broke that object but it doesn't exist?

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

Are you using Gameshark or AR Max codediscs on the game?

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:35 AM

Its weird how when it freezes it says " A taste of things to come" WTF does this mean. When a game freezes the whole thing stuffs up and nothing is usually posted up there like that. Weird

annasgta
  • annasgta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:00 AM

No I am not using Gameshark or any such device. Infact I never use any cheat device nor I ever enter any cheats. I hate using cheats. And !!GameCH33TA!! "A TASTE OF THINGS TO COME" is not posted by the game. It is written on the billboard (during the cutscene) through with the car has to crash during the end of the mission.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:36 AM

Oh true it is sorry. It is most probably the disc then like other have said

annasgta
  • annasgta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:33 AM

Problem solved! It was due to faulty disc and had nothing to do with cheats or the billboard being broken before the mission. I just replaced the Disk and everything went well. Thanks guys.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:12 AM

Please only use one topic in future as having multiple is not only stupid but also annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users