zeitgeist

17 replies to this topic
HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

:)

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
It's a 3 part doc and I thought it was a great watch and I want others to see and maybe talk about.

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

If I remember corectly I'm pretty sure geomy made a topic about this a few months ago and it is definitely worth watching since it really does have a lot of hard evidence that shows religion is a bunch of crap. I also found part 2 & 3 interesting as well and it is a theory I believe in and have believed in before I saw this film a few months back.

icon14.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

I thought you were going to talk about the latest Smashing Pumpkins album. sad.gif Still, this looks awesome as I'm an atheist, so it won't leave me doubting myself like other documentaries do.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (ya mum @ Nov 14 2007, 21:39)
it really does have a lot of hard evidence that shows religion is a bunch of crap.

You really need hard evidence? Just refer to this picture.

user posted image

WidowMaker
  • WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

Atheists are even worse than Christian fundamentalists for shoving their beliefs (OR LACK OF) down your f*cking throat.

There was already a Zeitgeist topic... that didn't get moved to movies & TV, which this definitely doesn't belong in... but it's definitely worth a watch. Very interesting, really eye opening.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

In that last topic I said I didn't want to watch it, but I finally have.

Only part 1 is worth watching, the rest is paranoid theories, imo. Sure it may be true in part, but they make it to be a huge giant conspiracy set in place by like 4 people.

The religion part how ever was fantastic. I did try to do some research on my own, online, about info given in that film (like about those other stories being similar) and it brought me mostly to sites arguing against and for the movie, so it was hard to get an unbiased source on info.
Besides the whole "these people were described like jesus" stuff, the whole relating to the sun and stuff is brilliant and just makes sense if you look at it.

tl;dr: Part 1 = icon14.gif icon14.gif Part 2 & 3 = icon13.gif

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

Take the red pill.

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (WidowMaker @ Nov 14 2007, 10:30)
Atheists are even worse than Christian fundamentalists for shoving their beliefs (OR LACK OF) down your f*cking throat.

Yeah, atheists typically go door to door and spread their message. They also typically stand on street corners and preach and shove their ideas down your throat.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

I watched this when it was posted before.

Just finished watching it, I found it incredibly interesting and compelling. They kept your attention without boring you or straying from the films purpose. It went really quick and was very informative.

Part 2 was my favourite, there has been so much speculation around 9/11 and this really summed it up well without having to watch Loose Change. I found out some facts I did not know beforehand (same for Part 1 and 3)

Part 1 was quite complex, I had trouble getting my head around it but found the similarities really compelling. I am an atheist so you could say I was slightly bias towards that part.

Part 3 was also good, highlighted the past of the US economy well, I found it a bit less interesting then the other sections but still worth watching.

If anyone has a spare 2 hours I really do suggest watching it, it is worth it and really makes you think.

Still true. I would reccomend it to you all.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (just another thug @ Nov 14 2007, 14:11)

Yeah, atheists typically go door to door and spread their message. They also typically stand on street corners and preach and shove their ideas down your throat.

I don't believe in atheists.

I guess they could exist, but I've yet to see it proven. Call me agnostic.

HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (just another thug @ Nov 14 2007, 12:11)

Ignorance is bliss. Atheists have no beliefs in any religion. I've never heard of people going door to door or standing on a corner saying I don't believe in any relgion JOIN ME. Last time I checked every TV channel is shoving religion down my throat. Watch closely next time your watch tv watch for people saying stuff like "god will save us".

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (WidowMaker @ Nov 14 2007, 14:30)

I so f*cking agree. It's gotten to the point where they're like "hey look, look! look at me, I'm an Atheist! yay!".

It's like, good for you. Now shut the f*ck up already.

About the movie, haven't seen it. What's the big deal?

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

Oh, so this thread isn't about the new Smashing Pumpkins album?

ph34r.gif

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (WidowMaker @ Nov 14 2007, 07:30)

Give me a break, Christian morals are promoted at nearly every venue possible in normal media. Oh, and the last time I checked, there were even some radical enough to bomb clinics that offer abortion, and even some really whacked out ones that feel it's right to protest funerals. Point? There's worse sh*t, at higher quantities, than Atheist material/propoganda/utter-bullsh*t. There are assholes that are going to push their beliefs on you regardless of what they may be, so why pretend that any one of them is better than the other? I think that it's just a matter of fact that there is much more Christian propaganda than there is anything like Zeitgeist, or anything promoting an "atheist" agenda; for f*ck sake, Harry Potter has been banned in some U.S. states because it discusses witchcraft.

I suppose it gets tiring seeing people just throwing around images like that on the internet without putting any real thought behind it, but I guess some people just need a place to act that way without being mobbed or harassed for it. In my area, for example, you can put one of those "Jesus" fish on your car without anything happen, but put one of those "Darwin" ones on it, and someone will slash your tires. On the other hand, some asshole from the local church slaps a "Love Christ" bumper sticker on your car with some kind of industrial strength adhesive, and you're just supposed to not say anything?

Anyway, the movie was interesting, but I wasn't really watching it with any sort of skepticism in mind, so I can't comment to how accurate it was; it was certainly and interesting proposal.

HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:04 AM

A few of you say that Atheists are shoving their so called bs down your throat. Is this happening on TV? I'm just curious to where your seeing atheism propganda shoved down your throat besides here.

GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:18 AM

Really interesting, I suggest watching it if you have some free time.

WidowMaker
  • WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:15 AM Edited by WidowMaker, 15 November 2007 - 04:18 AM.

QUOTE (just another thug @ Nov 14 2007, 19:11)

Well it is part of the Christian religion to spread the message.

What part of atheism tells people to go around making forum posts saying how wrong another person's beliefs are?

I'm not sticking up for them. I think you're both equally f*cking retarded and I'm sick of hearing about it.

f*cking hell, you guys are defensive. This has nothing to do with Zeitgeist by the way, I absolutely adored that film.

Sina84
  • Sina84

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

I really hate the term atheist, since it basically bunches anyone and everyone who doesn't believe in religion into one group like it's a religion on its own. It's like "Me? I'm not a delusional gullible idiot who takes thousand year old mistranslated stories literally, so you don't have to label me and can just put me in the "rational" category. Oh there is no "rational" category? I'm a god hating "atheist" now?"

Personally I think anyone who believes in any religion is an idiot, but that's not because I have some personal problem with religion, it's because I have a problem with stupidity.

The documentary was great though. Even though part 2 and 3 depressed the hell out of me. Scary stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users