• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic
Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Nov 13 2007, 08:58)
He is mildly retarded,so he isn't retarded enough to go to retard school...what a shame...

Only mild? After what he's done, he looks like a mindless psycho. You did a great job by putting him in his place and he could end up being scared of you but then again, I think it won't really change him. He probably never knew what was coming to him.

spyro_ie
  • spyro_ie

Go With the Flow

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Nov 13 2007, 15:17)
QUOTE (spyro_ie @ Nov 13 2007, 14:06)
There is no excuse for you punching him. It's nothing to be proud of, especially since you knew he wasn't "all there" shall we say. I'm surprised you didn't get a beating yourself after it.

Did you just read the topic title or did you actually read the first post.

Well clearly I read the topic, otherwise I wouldn't have replied.

My point is still valid.

EasyAs
  • EasyAs

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE ($RebelG @ Nov 13 2007, 21:04)
QUOTE (EasyAs @ Nov 13 2007, 21:47)
Ok, I have only read the first page, so forgive me if I have repeated anything already stated.

I was born with autism. As far as anyone can tell, I am completely normal, mentally and physically, and am completely capable of leading a job and managing a home (which I do) I was on a very stronge psichosis drug and was in a special education class through all of school.

I am out of school (thank god) and I have recently kicked my meds and walked away from the mental health institution. Frankly, life has never been better for me, because I don't believe I needed all this. The drugs, the special ed, the mental health... I just didn't need any of it.

So I understand what you went through. Being in the special ed for no good reason, there were people like him who are fed the idea that they can't help themselves and so can get away with anything, and they do try. I was stabbed by a special boy and then was suspended for shoving him away. It was only a little jab to the side, but I pushed him and was in serious trouble 'because he doesn't know any better'

if you ask me, its the system that is wrong. Its unknowingly supporting and even encouraging this kind os crap.

Well Autism is where say you take everything seriously right? And you have trouble making out what facial expressions mean/tone of voice right? ( Tell me if im wrong )
Getting to the point.Well done on feeling better than you ever have. Theres people with mental illnesses who will flow with the system, because they know they can get it easy and play stupid. When theres people like you who make something of themselves, and don't want to just rely on the system.

Those are all things that come with most cases of Autism. Unable to read faces and such. I never really had anything like that... basically, if a guy with a mental health badge had never told me I was Autistic, I wouldn't have known, and my parents wouldn't have either. Thats why I didn't trust their recommendations to stay drugged up and seeing a mental doctor. I just could not get a straight answer, so I walked away.

Sadly, there are people like this brat, who know they can and will get away with things that the mainstream students cannot. They're teachers and carers are not helping the matter either. My fiance has a mum who is a substitute teacher, and so she has seen a special ed unit that actually isn't so bad, and the kids get proper teaching and such. My experiances though, was that they weren't being helped to overcome anything. They were tossed into a colourful room with crayons and such and just babysitted.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (EasyAs @ Nov 13 2007, 22:16)

Sadly, there are people like this brat, who know they can and will get away with things that the mainstream students cannot. They're teachers and carers are not helping the matter either. My fiance has a mum who is a substitute teacher, and so she has seen a special ed unit that actually isn't so bad, and the kids get proper teaching and such. My experiances though, was that they weren't being helped to overcome anything. They were tossed into a colourful room with crayons and such and just babysitted.

I have a friend exactly like that. He has umm...dyslectic's (Sorry if I spelt it wrong) But he got babysitted all the way through out school. Teachers let him get away with murder and When it came to his GCSE's they let him go out on f*cking day trips like rock climbing and motobike racing and sh*t. And he wonders why he had such a hard time with school and has a hard time reading/writing. He had the chance to learn like everybody else and apply himself, But he didn't because he knew he'd get away with everything.

EasyAs
  • EasyAs

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

Exactly! They are in a unit because they have 'learning problems' so shouldn't they be assisted in learning their maths and english? On paper, thats exactly what most units are for, but I've been in two, and while the first made an attempt at assisted learning, the second was a disgrace.

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

I personally believe © it was a right thing to do under current circumstances. Well done. No matter whether the person is retarded or not, we shouldnt tolerate bullying and we should fight agains it in their own ways - not by lawsuits but by force.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Nov 13 2007, 12:36)
QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Nov 13 2007, 13:12)

Well,before you think I'm a feelingless jerk (Which I am);I'd like to say that that same retard kicked my younger brother while he was lying on the floor,and my bro has a heart disease.

That approves why you hit him. You should have killed the motherf*cker.

But well the law is f*cked in Balkans you have to take it in your hands.Just like i did with my neibour ,eventually kicked him 2-3 times in balls until he fell to the ground ,threathened him.he said he'll brake all on my house but ever since except screaming nothing is broken.

Oh and do RETARDED persons belong to public schools?They have their own school where they try to put their retardeness behind and live like normal persons.

If he is realy retarded (and not how we in balkan call the people that offend us/bore us/laught at us/swear us for no particular reason etc...) i dont know what does he do in public school.

OH AND DONT BE SCARED OF THE POLICE THEY CANT DO ANYTHING TO YOU JUST KICK THEIR ASS TOO devil.gif

That is what I feel, why cant a school be made for there needs. I go to school and the retards kick and fight and swear all day long. The helpers are the ones who take charge because everyone is afraid of hurting them. Well, I remember a school play about how people who are retarded need to be treated like real people, not outcast. So, if someone was doing that to me I would hit them, and if they ar retarded they are people too, so good job colgate.gif , have a cookie.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ Nov 13 2007, 16:58)
QUOTE (AndySerb @ Nov 13 2007, 12:36)

Well,before you think I'm a feelingless jerk (Which I am);I'd like to say that that same retard kicked my younger brother while he was lying on the floor,and my bro has a heart disease.

That approves why you hit him. You should have killed the motherf*cker.

But well the law is f*cked in Balkans you have to take it in your hands.Just like i did with my neibour ,eventually kicked him 2-3 times in balls until he fell to the ground ,threathened him.he said he'll brake all on my house but ever since except screaming nothing is broken.

Oh and do RETARDED persons belong to public schools?They have their own school where they try to put their retardeness behind and live like normal persons.

If he is realy retarded (and not how we in balkan call the people that offend us/bore us/laught at us/swear us for no particular reason etc...) i dont know what does he do in public school.

OH AND DONT BE SCARED OF THE POLICE THEY CANT DO ANYTHING TO YOU JUST KICK THEIR ASS TOO devil.gif

That is what I feel, why cant a school be made for there needs. I go to school and the retards kick and fight and swear all day long. The helpers are the ones who take charge because everyone is afraid of hurting them. Well, I remember a school play about how people who are retarded need to be treated like real people, not outcast. So, if someone was doing that to me I would hit them, and if they ar retarded they are people too, so good job colgate.gif , have a cookie.gif

There are schools for their needs but they are State ran in the USA and they are pretty freaky places. I have visited a few and the methods are Staff-Have-Heads-Up-Their-Ass-Most-Of-The-Time and are cyphoning money without any good being done for the clients.

The better and newer forms of treatment take at least a decade to trickle down to these places and mostly the never do. (More often than not)

IMO.

-HGF

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

I stopped reading at the fact you are all in the Forth grade.

icon13.gif

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Nov 13 2007, 17:14)

icon13.gif

At least we spell at a fourth grade level. biggrin.gif Goddamn, fourth grade was soooo long ago.
Admit it, with a topic title like that it's hard not to post.

Violence never solves anything unless it's televised.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Nov 13 2007, 17:14)

icon13.gif

Who, exactly, are you referring to by ALL?

So the elders should not advise the young ones?

By fourth grade I had done quite a bit of things most at that age hadn't even dreamed of yet.

-HGF

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

OK,yesterday,a retard at school was busting my chops,swearing on me,and my whole family (You don't wanna know what he said).like for the past 4 years (he's a 4th grader) he's still a kid,but a large one,he's bigger than me,I warned him a few times,and said to leave me alone;And after that,he started spitting on me and kicking towards me.I snapped,and I punched him right in his face. I broke his nose,and gave him a blackeye,he collapsed on the flooe,and I went to my classroom like nothing happened.After a few moments the principal called and we had a talk,they called my parents,and I wasn't into trouble,my dad was even kinda proud of me.

Well,before you think I'm a feelingless jerk (Which I am);I'd like to say that that same retard kicked my younger brother while he was lying on the floor,and my bro has a heart disease.There was another case of the retards violence;And I'll explain what happened.
He pulled a kid's hair and kept banging his head on the desk till he bled,and that other kid got moved to another school because of that,there wans't even any police involved. Now,his parents called the cops because of my punch,and everybody seems to be defending him,because he's retarded,well I don't give a sh*t,I'll keep kicking and punching him until he doesn't stop offending me and the other kids. Was punching him a right thing to do?

Use gaps after commas.. PLEASE!

That hurt my eyes. sad.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

If you ask us older members, those of us who are mature anyway, we are all going to tell you the same thing.

What people say to you doesn't matter and beating on somebody who is slow won't get you anywhere in life. It makes you look awful in the end. From what I did read, this slow person said things about the persons family. He (the slow kid) probably doesn't know His family so who cares?

Oblivionz
  • Oblivionz

Clunge Crawler

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

Even if the kid was a total dumbass, you shouldn't of still hit him, even if he is only mildly retarded. Violence will get you nowhere in life, except maybe jail, later on.

EasyAs
  • EasyAs

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:34 PM

I'm ashamed to say I would have hit him too... I actually did put a special boy on his back once. A long time ago, back in highschool. I would not do it now, and though I can see why you did it, don't take pride in it.

topdogkiller
  • topdogkiller

The Unseen

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

sounds sort of cruel but I'd do the exact same also.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

Punching a retarded kid isn't a problem. Needlessly maiming and mauling a retarded kid would be uncalled for though. Nothing wrong with giving him a black eye, though. Being a retard doesn't excuse you for being classless.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Oblivionz @ Nov 13 2007, 17:32)
Even if the kid was a total dumbass, you shouldn't of still hit him, even if he is only mildly retarded. Violence will get you nowhere in life, except maybe jail, later on.

Mostly I agree yet there is something to add to this.

It depends on your definition of violence as well.

If your definition of violence is based soley in the use of force on another in a physical manner then I must disagree but if it has to do with initiating physical conflict then I agree. The fact that it is post of the altercation means the OP has to continue to move on in life however and learn from this experience without becoming a violent deviant if possible.

EasyAs
  • EasyAs

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

If he had knocked him out on the first occasion, he's a dick. But the way I read it, he tolerated the guy and was pushed to the point where he snapped. I don't approve of hitting the special boy, but I've been pushed liked that before, so I sympathize.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

I am not a pro-snap person....yet I do believe if someone else has made the choice for you and started the attack you should seize the initiative.

Attacking first does not mean making contact first.

You know what the coolest thing about someone throwing a fist at you is?

It's attached to the rest of them.

GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:08 PM

I do think the broken nose was a little too much. I'm pretty much morbidly afraid of breaking my nose, so I can sympathize with that.

A little slap into line is fine, but bloodshed isn't necessary.

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

So what your basically saying you punched a retarded 4th grader that was bigger than you? Man, how old are you? I understand that mental retardation shouldn't be used as an excuse for people to do random things, but I mean, c'mon man, some of these kids are so inhibited by their disorder that they have minds of 1 year olds. Spitting and kicking? That sounds like a crabby 1 year old kid. It was pretty classless of what you did, and your a horrible person for doing that. I understand you were sick and tired of this kid bullying you and your brother, but I mean you have to give the benefit of the doubt to these kids. Its not like he has pulling a Cartman and faking a disorder to get away with sh*t. I mean how bad does this look in the eyes of the kid's parents? Some ignorant little c*nt beating up their retarded 4th grader. Think before you act next time

EasyAs
  • EasyAs

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

I agree with Hobbes, but if this guy, retarded or not, has been going around beating up on people, and he truly does not know better, then the question is why the hell is he still there? First offence, teachers take notice. Second offence, its serious. He continues, action should be taken to get a violent child out of that environment. Action was not taken, and regardless of mental state or not, he would not have suffered that broken nose had the school not bowed to pressure and did something.

Edit::: Not that I approve of breaking his nose. Just pointing out the that preventing the incident was completely within the power of the school.

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

The kid probably did deserve it.

It is still a bad move on your part to hit him though, because from now on at school you're "That asshole that punched a retarded 4th grader." confused.gif

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:56 PM

There was a retarded girl that liked me (she wasn't the really retarded she just had some problems)
She annoyed me so much
she pulled the hood off of my coat. In the beginning my mom was like be nice to her and in the end she's like "THAT LITTLE BITCH!"

The really really mentally retarded people make me really sad. I saw these mentally chalenged 16 - 18 year olds in friendlies and i think one of them went into the woman's bathroom by accident and than he came out and he just made a face like he had a headache or something and he just ran to his parents.
My friends were laughing but i felt really bad

But the retarded you're talking about......he deserved it

bigmitchbaker
  • bigmitchbaker

hiphopotamus vs Rhymenoceros

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:03 AM

i punched a retard once cuase he was attacking my mates little brother i tried to stop it and the f*ckin mongolode bit my chest i lost it bet the sh*t outa him i felt bad but there f*ckin strong good on ya mate im glad im not the only one icon14.gif

ThePatriotsGun
  • ThePatriotsGun

Gray Fox

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:08 AM

Wow....umm.....

OP- When I read your post, at first I thought you were using the word "retarded" in the context of an insult. Like when you use it in the context, "Oh! You're such a retard." when that person has no mental disabilities whatsoever.

However, when I realized that you used the word "retarded" in the context that this kid was mentally handicapped..... I mean... that's really low. It's absolutely inexcusable to beat up a kid with said issue.

What I'd really like to know is how old you are. If you're any older than this kid, that further worsens the circumstances of what you've done. Not only was it immature, but just plane awful. Personally, I don't think there's any excuse for beating anybody up. There were far better alternatives.

I mean COME ON!

He was a mentally-ill child! If he such a problem for you couldn't you have talked to your parents or teachers or somebody?

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:48 AM

I'm curious to get some opinions here.

So we have the topic starter who has beaten a mentally handicapped person and several people are congratulating him on his "accomplishment." A thought came to my mind...

In Canada and the United States, in order to be tried, you must be considered mentally fit in order for the trial to proceed. If, however, you are deemed mentally unfit to stand trial, then you may not be tried and you are acquitted of the crime because you are mentally unfit to stand trial.

Section 16 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms states:

16. (1) No person is criminally responsible for an act committed or an omission made while suffering from a mental disorder that rendered the person incapable of appreciating the nature and quality of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong.

Now what if we were to abolish this right and put mentally handicapped people and those suffering from mental conditions on trial, knowing they will probably not be able to understand the proceedings. Is it right to try someone if they cannot be fully cognitive of the proceedings, especially when they committed the crime, they could not differentiate between right and wrong?

I guess I'm trying to tie it into the topic at hand where, yes, the kid was being a nuisance and yes, was probably asking for it, but maybe he's not all there and did not appreciate the situation in a manner that others in full mental health would. So based on the fact the kid probably didn't know any better, does that give someone else the right to beat them up?

That's just my thoughts, but I'm curious to what others think.

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus
  • Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

Mantra Mantra Mantra Mantra Mantra Mantra

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Hobbes27 @ Nov 13 2007, 23:15)
So what your basically saying you punched a retarded 4th grader that was bigger than you? Man, how old are you? I understand that mental retardation shouldn't be used as an excuse for people to do random things, but I mean, c'mon man, some of these kids are so inhibited by their disorder that they have minds of 1 year olds. Spitting and kicking? That sounds like a crabby 1 year old kid. It was pretty classless of what you did, and your a horrible person for doing that. I understand you were sick and tired of this kid bullying you and your brother, but I mean you have to give the benefit of the doubt to these kids. Its not like he has pulling a Cartman and faking a disorder to get away with sh*t. I mean how bad does this look in the eyes of the kid's parents? Some ignorant little c*nt beating up their retarded 4th grader. Think before you act next time

If he were a 4th grader with the mind of a 1-year-old, he'd have an IQ of 11.

I think that constitutes severe mental retardation...

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Icarus. @ Nov 13 2007, 20:48)
I'm curious to get some opinions here.

So we have the topic starter who has beaten a mentally handicapped person and several people are congratulating him on his "accomplishment." A thought came to my mind...

In Canada and the United States, in order to be tried, you must be considered mentally fit in order for the trial to proceed. If, however, you are deemed mentally unfit to stand trial, then you may not be tried and you are acquitted of the crime because you are mentally unfit to stand trial.

Section 16 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms states:

16. (1) No person is criminally responsible for an act committed or an omission made while suffering from a mental disorder that rendered the person incapable of appreciating the nature and quality of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong.

Now what if we were to abolish this right and put mentally handicapped people and those suffering from mental conditions on trial, knowing they will probably not be able to understand the proceedings. Is it right to try someone if they cannot be fully cognitive of the proceedings, especially when they committed the crime, they could not differentiate between right and wrong?

I guess I'm trying to tie it into the topic at hand where, yes, the kid was being a nuisance and yes, was probably asking for it, but maybe he's not all there and did not appreciate the situation in a manner that others in full mental health would. So based on the fact the kid probably didn't know any better, does that give someone else the right to beat them up?

That's just my thoughts, but I'm curious to what others think.

Icarus, I agree with you completely on, if that is, your stance. I was trying to get across that people that suffer from Mental Disorders aren't "All there". What Icarus posted takes the cake. If we were to put mentally ill persons on trial, how are we to judge that they even knew what they did? Sure, you get the few loony's that get off because they suffer from other mental problems, but like I stated earlier, mental retardation causes folks that are even in their 40's and 50's to have minds of 2 and 3 year olds. Do most children that age know right from wrong? No, we teach them while they grow. These people may grow physically,(Like the topic starter said, the kid is bigger than him), but not mentally. Im sorry but beating up a person suffering from mental retardation is just absurd and uncalled for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users