Quantcast

» «
Photo

Hitman: Absolution

1,461 replies to this topic
meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

A new and improved, updated in a modern game engine Hitman is waaaaaay past due.

I honestly don't understand the holdup.

The last game was what 5 years ago? And yet we get three or four new sh*tty Tomb Raider games in that time?

wtf Eidos. tounge.gif

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

Hitman 5 Announcement imminent?

"Having big level design discussions about a centerpiece level of the game today," he said. "Hot topic: Freedom of choice vs. clear direction.."

I would like to say that Hitman 5 has always been about freedom of choices, so I hope they don't make the levels linear.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

I know I'm gonna sound like a graphics whore but if I ever wanted one game to have awesome graphics it was Hitman. I want the best graphics because I want those silverballers to shine and I want to see the smallest details on guns...and victims!

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Mar 28 2011, 19:06)
Hitman 5 Announcement imminent?

"Having big level design discussions about a centerpiece level of the game today," he said. "Hot topic: Freedom of choice vs. clear direction.."

I would like to say that Hitman 5 has always been about freedom of choices, so I hope they don't make the levels linear.

Oh God, no linear levels, that'd suck major donkeyballs.

I hope we can upgrade normal weapons as well now. Also, more melee kills. 47 is so badass, he should be able to bitchslap his target and then strangle him with his bare hands, after pinning the guy to a wall wearing a pink tutu. Or hang the guy off of a railing on a rope. Theatrical style. Though theatrical might not be his style...

Maybe even some sort of fight system. I hated how, when one dude saw you in Blood Money, every living being suddenly became f*cking psychic, and came after you.

How about:

- Someone sees you
- If this person is armed, he will come after you or just plain shoot you (the latter causing NEARBY peoples to hear you)
- If not, the motherf*cker will run, or try to slap you silly. When running, keep him from alarming any guards. When he'll fight you, a fighting system maybe God of War style (press buttons at the right times) appears.

Then if 47 beats the dude, he's either dead or unconcious (choice?), if not, 47 will be numbed for a bit and might get killed or have more guards called on him.

Beats psychic thugs. biggrin.gif

Also I want to be able to see body parts when you blow a dude up or blow his head off or whatever. Severed heads ftw.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:56 AM

HITMAN 5 IS f*ckING BACK!!!
FOR REAL.NO f*ckING JOKING.HERE IS SOME LEAKED IMAGE CAN BE FOUND ON HITMANFORUMS
user posted image
user posted image

THIS IS WHAT I EXPECTED!HELL YEAH!!!

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:57 AM

What's up with that last image?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:01 AM Edited by AndyGanteks, 30 March 2011 - 09:15 AM.

All i want from the new Hitman is some decent graphics, around 20+ huge levels/missions/maps where you can have freedom to kill a target/targets in a variety of different ways, more weapons and ideas how to kill, more melee killing/improved fighting, physics can stay what they were, maybe just a tad bit improved limbs and stuff like that. Ability to save during missions and also some fun cheats to play with.

Oh and no MP, it would eventually turn into a shootout, rather then some badass trick assassinations i am pretty sure. Not sure about co-op though, that could work out.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Mar 30 2011, 06:57)
What's up with that last image?

Yeah, looks bogus.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

I'd say that's Munich. Saw the reflection of the TV tower/viewing platform so I googled 'fernsehturm'

user posted image

David.
  • David.

Prankster

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Mar 30 2011, 07:56)
user posted image

Looks bogus, but the bar code under the window.........

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:08 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 30 March 2011 - 11:12 AM.

I agree with AndeyGanteks.

Well if they linear is not so bad. I just hope they give you a multitude of ways of doing things. That's what was great about the game. Everyone had their own way they did things. Although the evoirnment/level might be structured the gameplay wont be so in a sense it wont be linear.

I'm not quite sure I even understand if Blood Money was linear. I mean you had targets to kill and you could free-roam around each level and do what you needed to do to get the job done.

Thing about having a sandbox style game though is that the game would be stuck in one country. You wont be in New Orleans one day and the Opera somewhere across the world the next.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

...sh*t well spotted.

Where are the HITMANFORUMS, there's nothing about this at eidos.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

^it's a leak
here are some moar:
user posted image
user posted image
gotta say those pics look bogus somehow.but who the hell would have some free time to write down a lot of sh*t and take a pic then post it on internet?
however.Edios Montreal are hiring job now,they have 2 secret game that haven't announce yet.one of it could be Hitman 5 too.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Mar 30 2011, 11:09)
...sh*t well spotted.

Where are the HITMANFORUMS, there's nothing about this at eidos.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Those pictures originated on hitmanforums. Jesus Christ scroll a few pages back, it's been posted here.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:27 AM Edited by AceRay, 05 April 2011 - 09:06 AM.

hmm, just finished the Requirm level or whatever (church bit) and I have to say, I'm impressed.
On my first playthrough, I just waited for the credits to finish and I thought 47 would rise up and I'd resume control. It was only until I went through the second time I realized what I had to do. clever game!
At first, I felt bad for having to kill Rick Henderson because he was a well developed character and I liked him, but then I realized how many innocent people I've killed over the game like Rick, and then I realized I was a hypocrite. So I killed him biggrin.gif
I actually still didn't know what Alexander/Jack/wheelchair guy wanted. Did he want to destroy cloning or something? can someone explain? His motives were pretty unclear. I just looked up wikipedia and it says that he wanted to use cloning, but I'm not sure. This was never evident over the story.
and I think Mark Perchezi III was awesome! need spin off with him.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

The 'wheelchair' man was eliminating all other cloning agencies to use the clones for his personal gain. His creations - the parchezzi's - were his best possible outcomes, but he wanted to kill 47, the only other 100% working real clone, and take his DNA to create an army. They didn't focus on it as much because Silent Assassin had a similar concept, the only difference being the antagonist wasn't clear until the very end.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

user posted image

Tentative level design. biggrin.gif

It's worth following Tore Blystad's Twitter. Nothing's been confirmed for sure yet, but the hints have been very strong that the project he's working on is Hitman 5.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:53 AM

It would be awesome if there was a school level, where 47 has to assassinate the principle or something. What do you guys think?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Apr 19 2011, 05:53)
It would be awesome if there was a school level, where 47 has to assassinate the principle or something. What do you guys think?

Then the game would be banned from where you live and you would never get to play it. tounge.gif

On a serious note, there could be a number of great places where assassinations could happen, just remember the last game, the theater, the villa, the streets where everyone's covered in masks, the asylum etc etc. That's what i'm looking forward to most - huge open areas and multiple ways to get someone killed!

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Apr 19 2011, 09:03)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Apr 19 2011, 05:53)

Then the game would be banned from where you live and you would never get to play it. tounge.gif

On a serious note, there could be a number of great places where assassinations could happen, just remember the last game, the theater, the villa, the streets where everyone's covered in masks, the asylum etc etc. That's what i'm looking forward to most - huge open areas and multiple ways to get someone killed!

how about assassinating a Charlie Sheen type character?

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

Who'd want Charlie Sheen dead? Would be a easy anyway. All 47 would have to do is inject Charlie's concubines with AIDs...

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

47 is getting boring anyway. I say we spice things up and play as wheelchair guy or Diana. That would be just too cool!

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

Looks like it will probably be called Hitman: Absolution

http://scrawlfx.com/...tman-absolution

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

absolution eh? sounds good.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

Next hitman should have a mission whereby a bunch of hackers are killed, for bringing down a network and messing up a lot of people's weekends.

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Apr 22 2011, 22:08)
Looks like it will probably be called Hitman: Absolution

http://scrawlfx.com/...tman-absolution

Lol at the name "Absolution"

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

Why's everybody down on the title Absolution? I like it.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

An IOI employee just registered the hitmanabsolution.com domain today.

http://www.whois.net...nabsolution.com

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

I couldn't care less about the title I just want some details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users