Photo

Hitman: Absolution

1,461 replies to this topic
SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

I refuse to believe it til it's actually confirmed. Been teased far too many times over Hitman 5 on this forum alone.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

I'm hoping for a return to the creepy missions from Contracts. I'd love a mission set in a place like the Neverland Ranch to assassinate a mental pop singer. Not a dig at Michael Jackson, but his whole deal. The weird appearance, the allegations of sexual deviancy, the seclusion in a private theme park is almost written for something like Hitman.

And maybe we could even get a mission or two based on a dictator like Mugabe or Gaddafi. Picking off a despot whilst he inspects the troops would be brilliant.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

I don't want them to try to make the story more personal by making the game about 47 as a character. For some reason I think that exactly what they will do. Well, as long as he stays ruthless I guess I'll roll with it.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Mar 19 2011, 14:40)
And maybe we could even get a mission or two based on a dictator like Mugabe or Gaddafi. Picking off a despot whilst he inspects the troops would be brilliant.

I'd like to see a return to that too. Remember killing politico types/generals in Silent Assassin in Russia? Or the mission where you had to stake out and kill the two guys meeting in a park? Was pretty cool, you don't get that sense of isolation and danger while murdering opera guests or drug lords in suburbia (even if he is guarded by armed agents).

Having said that, I did enjoy the small-time jobs of Blood Money. The aforementioned suburbia one (A New Life), the ones in Mississippi on the boat and at the wedding.

I'd like a nice mix of missions and definitely a darker tone.

BRING IT ON!

(Oh look I've gotten excited again before it's even been confirmed...)

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

What do you mean not confirmed? It's pretty much 100% confirmed that Hitman 5 is coming out. It was already confirmed that it was being made almost over a year ago, but now we know for sure that it will be showcased at E3.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

user posted image

Why because a bunch of chaps in a forum have found some secret images and there's a good chance of it being at E3?

I guess I'll wait til E3 then. And there's a launch trailer and more than one image of 47's hand. It's been strongly rumoured to be in production for some time but I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt til I see some more evidence.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

A PR representative confirmed it in the very same forum thread?

http://www.hitmanfor...2
http://www.hitmanfor...3
http://www.hitmanfor...8

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:44 AM

Hopefully I should have my "Hitman" guides done before this one comes out. I am almost done with "Hitman 2" with "Contracts" and "Blood Money" left to be worked on.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:14 AM

AWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH.

Phew, it's good to see Hitman back. I loved Hitman 2 and Blood Money (never played Contracts). I really hope they don't stuff this up. The last couple of games released by them were terrible. Still, Blood Money is one of the few games I can still play from last gen and actually enjoy just as much as a game released today. I only hope it is just as good as that.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

I too have never played Contracts. The first game was pretty medicore though.

I'm more interested in the title. Blood Money had a nice ring to it and I doubt they can come up with a better name.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

I think the next hitman will have 47 retiring and owning a farm. the game consists of you organizing your farm.
sounds like an awesome game

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Mar 20 2011, 10:06)
I think the next hitman will have 47 retiring and owning a farm. the game consists of you organizing your farm.
sounds like an awesome game

Then some people come and ruin your tomato garden and kill your cows and you hunt them down all around the world.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:45 AM

I hope this isn't a one-off thing. Continue the hype train!

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

Hopefully they will finally release Hitman 5 this year (or early 2012). It's been a long time coming and IO Interactive's Kane & Lynch series haven't exactly been a top of the line products. So, I'm hoping that when Hitman 5 finally sees the light of day, it's going to be as great as earlier games in the series were when they were released.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:18 AM

I have high hopes for this. The old Hitman games were infinitely replayable. Each level had great detail, with their own secret weapons and easter eggs. Hopefully this trend will continue.

luigi_1000
  • luigi_1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

Really looking forward to this one!

My only grip is that it has been a long time since the last hitman was released and i fear that they will screw it up in terms of gameplay (like maffia II or Splinter cell) confused.gif .

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

I would be SO disappointed if it turned out like the Splinter Cell series. Hitman is about planning, invasion and executing.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

It should be an improvement, but also more of Contracts and Blood Money. I didn't like the first so much because of the one mission where you just couldn't be stealthy, and the second had some pretty neat missions.

And the graphics need an update, I mean, I love Hitman, but killing clay dolls can take away some of the depth of the story.

Minus the Boom
  • Minus the Boom

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Mar 19 2011, 15:40)
I'm hoping for a return to the creepy missions from Contracts. I'd love a mission set in a place like the Neverland Ranch to assassinate a mental pop singer. Not a dig at Michael Jackson, but his whole deal. The weird appearance, the allegations of sexual deviancy, the seclusion in a private theme park is almost written for something like Hitman.

That's actually a brilliant idea!

Never played a Hitman game before but the concept has always appealed to me. Hope that at some point they'll release a new one on PS3 or re-release the old ones in HD, seems to be a trend these days.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

whats the latest news?

would be cool if rockstar picked up this game, and did something with it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Mar 25 2011, 13:39)
whats the latest news?

would be cool if rockstar picked up this game, and did something with it.

How about no!

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

R* would screw up like they are seemingly doing with Max Payne 3, still excited for that too though, but it's different.

I hope they make it more challenging than Blood Money, where you were allowed to run around and people never got suspicious. They can keep everything else cause the formula is perfect.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Proud Fool @ Mar 25 2011, 16:38)
I hope they make it more challenging than Blood Money, where you were allowed to run around and people never got suspicious. They can keep everything else cause the formula is perfect.

I thought that was just in the two easier difficulties? Professional and Expert difficulties had the AI suspicion metres raise pretty quickly from anything looking a bit suspicious didn't it?.

For a challenge try getting silent assassin ratings on expert difficulty, some levels were a real pain as you couldn't save either tounge.gif .

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

I don't have Blood Money anymore, but I've been watching walkthroughs on Pro difficulty and the player is running everywhere.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:36 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 26 March 2011 - 10:41 AM.

QUOTE (Proud Fool @ Mar 25 2011, 16:38)
R* would screw up like they are seemingly doing with Max Payne 3, still excited for that too though, but it's different.

I'm not well-informed about Max Payne story, but at least Rockstar gave several reasons to justify the new direction of the game, but it seems they weren't convincing enough for the original fans of the franchise, yet they (the fans) don't have the right to give a final judge given that the information about the game is scarce.

Rockstar seems to like the concept of stealth-based gameplay, and that was said by the vice president of creative development at Rockstar, Jeronimo Barrera, in an interview I read one year ago, but I don't remember where, so I can't link it. There has been only one stealth-based game published by Rockstar, which is Manhunt. Agent, as a concept, seems to be their second stealth-based game. Looking at what they have done in their recent products, I'm sure that Agent is going to set a benchmark into this type of games. No way you create a game with a story that revolves around the cold war, that's not stealth-based, or at least 3/4 of the gameplay is.

I know this is not a topic for Agent, but I just wanted to defend my favorite publisher. In my opinion, the developers at IO Interactive have the ability to deliver something that's extraordinary, but they have lowered their reputation a little bit with some typical games from the type of Kane and Lynch, though it has a good story according to some players. Hitman has set their reputation high, alongside Freedom Fighters, so if they want to go back into the scene again, they need to keep the formula of Hitman's gameplay and improve upon it without radical changes that might drive it to be another typical third shooter game.

Keep the main story's concept, gameplay's formula and benefit from the new technology to create a modern engine that's able to handle way better AIs, visuals and interaction on the level of Agent47-environment interaction, Agent47-NPC interaction and NPC-environment interaction. In this way, you will satisfy all the souls that have been waiting so long!

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (teun.steenbekkers @ Mar 23 2011, 14:55)

And the graphics need an update, I mean, I love Hitman, but killing clay dolls can take away some of the depth of the story.

Amen. I have little expectation for the story and gameplay to be much improved, but the graphics better be a friggin' leap or I'm out. I want to see damage and realistic physics and rag dolls that have bones...

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:07 AM

Hitman is the type of game where realistic damage would add so much to the experience.

Also, nice post FiS!!Her. I agree 100%.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

47 should grow a massive mullet for the next game... and some wicked sideburns! Man, that would be the best thing ever!

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Mar 26 2011, 07:25)
47 should grow a massive mullet for the next game... and some wicked sideburns! Man, that would be the best thing ever!

no, just no.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

Surely 47 will be tracking down Diana, right? Or rather Diana will be contacting him regarding the new agency branch she's established with "your majesty."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users