Photo

Hitman: Absolution

1,461 replies to this topic
mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 20:44)
I still don't get why they think new players will be turned off by the old formula. I mean we were all new players to the series when it first started and it has done well since then so why the need to f*ck it up ? I know loads of people who play Skyrim, and love it though they had never played Elder Scrolls before, you don't see Bethesda f*cking up a winning formula just to try and win over new players.

Considering the last game these developers shat out was Kane & Lynch 2 and the information and videos they have presented I really can't see how this will be any good. They need this to be a good seller to stay afloat but as someone said before unless they get the old fans on board then thats just no happening as there will be 3rd person shooters that do the job much better in 2012, one of those being Max Payne 3.

Truly impressive points.

The devs must know about the hate there's floating around Absolution and they're not even trying to fix that. I don't know who to blame, the sh*tty Kane and Lynch team or Square Enix.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:24 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 11 January 2012 - 06:34 PM.

A new wave of previews:

1Up: http://www.1up.com/p...lth-action-game
Rockpapershotgun: http://www.rockpaper...lution-preview/
Joysitq: http://www.joystiq.c...man-absolution/
Guardian: http://www.guardian....w?newsfeed=true
Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/58...ution/gallery/1
Merto: http://www.metro.co....silent-assassin

Two written interviews:

Metro: http://www.metro.co....-mainstream-hit

Rockspapershotgun: http://www.rockpaper...tman-5-preview/

Video interview with some new footage in-game: http://www.metacafe....tman_absolution

Note: if you're sensitive regarding the story of the franchise, spoilers are waiting for you in some of these previews. I just have been reading through 1Up preview, and they spoiled a sensitive part of the story. Idiots, but I'm not sensitive to its story.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

OK. They just said there will be a hardcore mode without the instinct and even crosshair. That sounds like a pretty decent no hand holding mode. That's a plus.

Seriously, stop f*cking with my head already. First we get good info, then bad info, then good info again and the circle never f*ckin' stops. But still, no Bateson, no purchase. I wouldn't care if Bateson was actually busy with other projects, but they simply refused to get him involved. That says a lot about how much they care about the fans and the game.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

It feels much more of a run n gun. We still have not seen a single sniper.
But I still love the disguise you wear.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 14:24)
I just have been reading through 1Up preview, and they spoiled a sensitive part of the story.

Damn. You weren't kidding. There goes that mystery.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 19:34)
QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 14:24)
I just have been reading through 1Up preview, and they spoiled a sensitive part of the story.

Damn. You weren't kidding. There goes that mystery.

yeah, about that:

major plot spoilers:
why would 47 accept a questionable contract, complete the contract, and then investigate said contract in that order? Also, why would he kill diana when she saved his life in blood money? Who gave him the contract, the ICA? can't be them, he abandoned them at the end of blood money. As far as we know, he's not working for a group ICA so would that mean he met the contact face to face. That's not right though, 47 doesn't do face to face meeting as he told agent smith when talking to him during the last blood money mission.

in short, i think they messed up 47's personality.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:33 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 11 January 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Ok I was watching the demo..I am not a really "hardcore" fan of Hitman, but I do enjoy the game. I am not going to deny the fact that I will still pick this game up regardless of the bad things that people are talking about.

I do like freedom of choice and big open maps. That was what made the game so good. In Blood Money I would always treat the experience like I only have 1 life. I would try not to do things that would get me killed in the real world. It is a hard challenge. I hope that this one will give me that experience. I really wish in the demo, the person playing would experiment a little more with what you could do, because it feels like you are being directed to the goal.

I understand the cover system, I like it. I do not hate it, but I don't love it either. Now in days all games have a cover system. But since when was Agent 47 so agile? Please tell me did I miss something.. I know in Blood Money he could climb up some crates, but he seems little more agile and I do not know if that is a bad or good thing?

One of the things I am glad they did not screw up like Splinter Cell did was the unlimited ammo on pistols. Conviction screwed up with giving you unlimited pistol ammo.

But, besides the original voice actor, what else did they take out? I know they are adding some "helpful" feature like Focus, which I really would not wanna use..but yea, What exactly are they taking out that the old Hitman fans loved?

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 22:33)
but yea, What exactly are they taking out that the old Hitman fans loved?

Remember in the other Hitman games, where you could save wherever and whenever you wanted (unless you were playing Professional difficulty)?

Bam. Gone. Replaced by checkpoints. Which is a bad omen. Think of it; you've started the level, and it looks pretty big. You notice an alternative point of entry that may be useful if you botch up your first choice. You go through the level, until you get to a new part of it. CHECKPOINT. You can't go back to the earlier area. That method of infiltration; that choice has been shut off to you. Not very Hitman. At all.

Those big levels you enjoy? Like the Heaven/Hell party in Dance With The Devil, or Mardi Gras from A Murder Of Crows? Well from the previews, they've yet to be seen. This could just be because demo-players need an enclosed environment to see what the game has to offer, or because the devs want to 'streamline' and 'accommodate' new players.

And it's not just what they've taken out which is pissing old Hitman players off; it's the tripe they're putting in.

Satellite map? Now it's "Instinct", a wallhack that shows that 47 is able to predict the movements of every human being on the planet.

"Point Shooting": "In the time it takes 47 to draw his weapons, youíre given a slow-mo shooting gallery, where you can pick out enemies and items to shoot at when time unfreezes. If you donít fire at anyone, the game will handle it for you."

I'll repeat that last bit again, in case people aren't able to believe this:

the game will handle it for you

And all the while, the devs continue in their attempts to justify the alienation of many fans.

"We just want to help new players get used to the game!"

Really? There's a way of doing that, without cheapening the experience. It's called letting the new players play the damn game. Everyone was new at some point. Everybody's flubbed an assassination, or struggled to get to grips first time. But you know what they did? They STUCK AT IT. They read manuals, asked questions, played tutorials and PRACTISED. If they liked it, they kept at it. If they didn't, then it's obvious they weren't the target audience. All this damage control smacks of "Dumbing it down so Billy Newplayer can win on their first playthrough".

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:55 PM Edited by DeeperRed, 11 January 2012 - 11:34 PM.

The previews really did little to satisfy me. Until I see a demo showing the same linearity of Blood money I will continue to hate these developers. They can see the fans in up roar about this game, and while they said its no linear, I don't believe them. Why don't they shut us all up by showing us something ?

All I ask for is a mission as good as A New Life, honestly one of the best missions in the hitman franchises.

@Algonquin Bridge

Agree with everything you just said. These checkpoints stink of linearity.

I guess the only big developers who still care for there fanbase are Bethesda and Rockstar.

EDIT:

Just signed up the the Hitman forums to drop a nice message, I doubt many will read it but its good to get it off my chest.

QUOTE (DeeperRed really pissed)

When I first heard about Hitman Absolution I was ecstatic, I have been following the series since Codename 47 (A masterpiece).
However the more videos that have come, the more previews have come that enthusiasm left and rage took its place.

How do you take a winning formula that has yet to fail and has provided fans with so much joy and just sh*t all over it ? I really would like to know.
You have taken what was one of the most unique gaming experiences available and turned it into generic third person shooter full of gimmicks. I have read the most recent previews and while there was some mention of the stealth aspect, they mostly focused on the this new run and gun assassin. I am starting to think you took the abomination that was the Hitman movie as the base idea for Absolution.

Now I read that all this change is to accommodate the new players. They don't need to f*cking hold there hand with all this slow-mo painting target bullsh*t (clearly ripped from Conviction and Red Dead Redemption), they don't need instinct.
All of us were new players at one point! We didn't this before to enjoy the game, we just learned from our mistakes and re did the game. You know how old I was when Codename 47 came out ? just gone 8 years old and whilst I may not have fully understood the game I still managed to beat it. Are you now implying that todays gamer is less equiped to play video games then an 8 year old

BUT I can forgive those previous problems as I can play without them, I can't however choose not to play with this stupid linearity you have brought in.

I would really like to meet the f*cking imbecile who sat there and thought, "you know what Hitman needs, more linearity". How can I tell there's linearity without playing the game ? CHECKPOINTS with no manual saves. This means once you pass a certain point it saves for you, meaning each level is put into stages meaning Linearity, it does not require the mind Sherlock to work this out.

Congratulations IQ, the funny thing is I don't even think this will be a good third person shooter I mean look what you last shat out, the Kane & Lynch series, your now taking the bad quality from there and tarnishing it all over Hitman. What happened to all the great staff of previous Hitmen games ? I bet they had some integrity and left when the saw the design ideas for Absolution.

You don't need to accommodate new players you idiots, they are fully capable of accommodating themselves. The majority of my friends who adore Skyrim had never touched or heard of an elder scrolls game in there life. You don't see Bethesda f*cking up a winning formula, pissing all over there old fanbase to appease new players. No they make a quality a game in the same style of there old ones and new players love it anyway.

Rant over, go f*ck yourselfs IQ.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:41 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 12 January 2012 - 12:12 AM.

@ Algonquin Bridge Thanks for clearing that up for me..

Remember in the other Hitman games, where you could save wherever and whenever you wanted (unless you were playing Professional difficulty)?

Yep I loved the flexibility to try different things, I really cannot name most of my favorite stages on Blood Money that will be ruined by that feature because there was so many good ones.

I really hope they give many different difficulties with different options. I could care less about most of the things I do not like in the game, as long as I can shut them off. Check points better be one of them. I do not know any game that does not let you save when ever you want.

Even though I do like how Agent 47 will now try to hide his face from being seen because the enemies might actually recognize you , it is not worth losing that save function.

And it's not just what they've taken out which is pissing old Hitman players off; it's the tripe they're putting in.

Satellite map? Now it's "Instinct", a wallhack that shows that 47 is able to predict the movements of every human being on the planet.

Like I said on the above.. I hope I can remove this. I do not need no wall hack. I mean graphically it looks nice, but the whole point of a stealth game is to be challenging. You will not always know where your enemy will be. It was the whole point why I chose this game over Splinter Cell..Splinter Cell is Splinter Cell.. The gadgets and sh*t are cool for that game..but Hitman is suppose to be Hitman. I almost feel sick even talking about Splinter Cell and comparing it to this.. I really do not want to..but that is what the "wall hacks" feels like man.

"Point Shooting": "In the time it takes 47 to draw his weapons, youíre given a slow-mo shooting gallery, where you can pick out enemies and items to shoot at when time unfreezes. If you donít fire at anyone, the game will handle it for you."

Thanks for doing a kind favor and saving the sh*ttiest part for last mate..I appreciate that. What if I do not want to shoot at anyone? The last sentence makes it sound like the game is in control of me now. If this function is real..I do not know what I am gonna do.. I read the article and it does not make sense that this would be enforced just so it will take you off your path of being a "Silent Assassin"..

On the bright side of it, if the hardest difficulty disables most of the bad things, then I will be happy to say that is the difficulty I will be playing on. I apologize for all the Splinter Cell talk on this..but it really did remind me of that..especially when I watched the 15 minute demo..then look at some of the comments..

By the way.. Is there anyway to download the demo and play it for myself (Probably not..)? I know that might be a silly question..but I am curious how it feels to me in the actual game.

Also, when is the planned released date for this game? I did not bother to read much of the articles because of the spoilers in the articles.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:03 AM

Just found this quote from an interview from the lead designer

One of the things that was difficult with the old games was that there was a lot of freedom, but you really had to dig it out, it wasnít really presented to you at all. So you could start a level and there was ten doors open to you and was like, Ďwell, where the hell am I supposed to go? I donít know, Iíll just have to try the first door, oh I got killed, now Iíll try the second one.í

There we have it folks, we can clearly see there is an absolute idiot running this project.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

well... we shouldn't judge the game bad because of some of the interview, and we haven't play it yet. it's just like judge a book by looking at the cover

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 03:10)
well... we shouldn't judge the game bad because of some of the interview, and we haven't play it yet. it's just like judge a book by looking at the cover

Well all we have to go on at the moment is what they show and tell us, and none of it is very inspiring.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:24 AM

lol, just skimmed over the RPS preview. With my skimming I was able to catch on to all the non-Hitman things.

Starting off the level with a disguise? Slow-mo auto shooting?

Hahahaha, goodbye IO.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:52 AM

This is really upsetting. I was so looking forward to Hitman this year.

What a great f*cking start to 2012.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

God for a Hitman forum it isn't half full of idiots. Even there admin is f*cking clueless.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

gosh damn, they are so dense over there. It's the SR forums all over again except this time there are some old school fans who lost thier balls to speak up.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:46 AM

All this cover based stealth gameplay that's being shown is making me sick. Hitman is about social stealth, hiding in plain sight through disguises and knowing how the local security works. Not Deus Ex HR cover bullsh*t.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

the stance of the developers is still not clear when it comes to the sandbox nature of the game. One time they say that the classical sandbox missions from previous Hitman games will make a comeback, and another time, a level designer says that the problem with previous game is that they had a lot of freedom which forced some trial-and-error process. It seems that there will be open environments for some missions, but they will probably be narrowed in area and in freedom. They will probably direct your path to the next door by adding some visual clues or even through the idiotic dialogues of the enemies. As Linki said, Hitman's stealth isn't cover-based (moving from cover to cover), it's social stealth ( You walk with your target side by side).

I don't have a definite decision now, but will make one when I see more of the game. But for now, nothing is really interesting apart from the nice graphics they made by creating their new engine.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

I have been saving like sacrificing my own needs to upgrade my PC to welcome Absolution as the first game play. All the recent posts have made me sad sad.gif and to a lot the way recent updates released for Absolution.
I might just drop the idea of getting Hitman 5. confused.gif
One of the things that made Absolution different in the face of sickening discouragements brought for old fans was IO's determination to name a portion of the games surface "lot of great new features coming soon" mad.gif

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

I like the gameplay video with the Focus help and all, but also understand why die hard Hitman fans are complaining about it. Me personally wasn't that good in Hitman past games so I welcome Absolution really good and looking forward for it.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (IvoryX @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 10:13)
I like the gameplay video with the Focus help and all, but also understand why die hard Hitman fans are complaining about it. Me personally wasn't that good in Hitman past games so I welcome Absolution really good and looking forward for it.

The challenge of previous games was amazing. The sense of accomplishment when you get through a level/scenario that just seems impossible at first glance. Made you feel like a boss! There was always multiple ways of completing a mission. That was the beauty. It's a game of stealth, using your brain and problem solving. These guides kinds take out the using your brain part.

I don't see that happening in the new one, well, unless I'm playing Hardcore. Even at that I might feel like I'm being walked through.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Interview with the sh*t devs.

Based on the gameplay footage in that interview, there won't be any civilians at all I predict? Only guards were shown so far.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 14:23)
Interview with the sh*t devs.

Based on the gameplay footage in that interview, there won't be any civilians at all I predict? Only guards were shown so far.

Ahahaha. In the beginning of the video it says PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3. Stupid gamespot.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (IvoryX @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 09:13)

You sir may go to the devil!

Actually, I think that's why they're changing it. It was very specific in its audience. The fun of Hitman came from losing fifty times and winning once. Nothing like crouch-walking through a sandbox environment and getting caught by a guard. That one brief moment where you're just squatting there and neither of you know how to react. Then he shoots you in the face.

Seriously, you had no real frontal defense in the original games. You either sneaked around or died. Now you're Jason Bourne.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 20:14)

Actually, I think that's why they're changing it. It was very specific in its audience. The fun of Hitman came from losing fifty times and winning once. Nothing like crouch-walking through a sandbox environment and getting caught by a guard. That one brief moment where you're just squatting there and neither of you know how to react. Then he shoots you in the face.

Seriously, you had no real frontal defense in the original games. You either sneaked around or died. Now you're Jason Bourne.

Well Blood Money had the disarm tactic, but by the time you did that the guard would of fired and alerted everyone else.

Theres nothing like being under heavy suspicion, you walk through an entourage of guards, think you a free man then they just all pull out there pistols.

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 21:14)

Okay blame me because I'm a newbie in Hitman series sneaky2.gif

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Okay blame me because I'm a newbie in Hitman series sneaky2.gif

When Hitman: Absolution sucks I'll come looking for you. Curse you and your influence over Dutch game developers.

Yeah, okay, never mind.

Theres nothing like being under heavy suspicion, you walk through an entourage of guards, think you a free man then they just all pull out there pistols.

I actually had a flashback to trying to run away before being seen, but failing to come out of crouch mode fast enough so it's like tip-toeing away while getting shot in the butt with alarms going off. Sniper has acquired target.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:00 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 13 January 2012 - 03:03 AM.

Wow...This one is not already out yet..and there is already a plan for another one.. New Studio..New Game..Same Name

http://www.gamasutra...ng_250_Jobs.php

EDIT: Supposely this was not too recent so, sorry if it was already posted..but if this is true and not Absolution..this is the first I am hearing this news.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

They're either going all K&L on it and churning out another pile of crap, or they realize they've piddled away this cycle and they're trying to rush another out for this gen.

I want a new Thief game, though. Hope they don't change everything in it like they've done to Hitman.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users