Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,229 replies to this topic
dinamodanci1986
  • dinamodanci1986

OORAH

• Members

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Jan 18 2009, 21:46)
Sweet called, said to get some greens, so I got some. Hope changing the outfit is allowed now.

Yes, because the mission you did "nines and ak's", actually makes you go to Binco and buy clothes in order to finish the mission.-you cannot get the mission complete until you go in Binco and buy at least one thing. Just like in the second mission "Ryder", the mission makes you get a haircut in order to proceed. Hope this helps.

No, you don't have to buy anything in Binco. I just entered, then exited without even going to the marker and the mission was passed.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (dinamodanci1986 @ Jan 19 2009, 09:51)
No, you don't have to buy anything in Binco. I just entered, then exited without even going to the marker and the mission was passed.

Did you get Respect + or Respect - ?
Once in that mission and once in Ryder, i got Respect - for not looking gangster.

dinamodanci1986
  • dinamodanci1986

OORAH

• Members

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Jan 19 2009, 09:24)
QUOTE (dinamodanci1986 @ Jan 19 2009, 09:51)

Did you get Respect + or Respect - ?
Once in that mission and once in Ryder, i got Respect - for not looking gangster.

I think it was +.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:32 AM

I don't think the mission cares about whether or not you're wearing any green. It's main purpose is to get you acquainted with the clothing stores.

*asim*
  • *asim*

OG

• Members

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

Sup guys!

*asim* is back XD
Umm about the LS jetpack, Is it somewhere around Vinewood?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Umm about the LS jetpack, Is it somewhere around Vinewood?

The *hint*, is it is somewhere in Rodeo.

Oh, and welcome back asim.

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:15 AM

Hey, guys, just wondering--I know there's that thing in the rules about trying to keep safe house saves minimal, but are we doing the same with vehicle resprays, too? 'Cause I just finished the taxi and pimping missions, and my normal way to play those is to drive fast, beat the hell out of the car, and duck into a PnS anytime I'm near one, but in this case I tried to be a little more careful and keep the car in better shape...

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Daniel_B @ Jan 21 2009, 08:45)
Hey, guys, just wondering--I know there's that thing in the rules about trying to keep safe house saves minimal, but are we doing the same with vehicle resprays, too? 'Cause I just finished the taxi and pimping missions, and my normal way to play those is to drive fast, beat the hell out of the car, and duck into a PnS anytime I'm near one, but in this case I tried to be a little more careful and keep the car in better shape...

No, it's fine. You can use the PnS while doing side-missions.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:01 AM Edited by rubregg, 21 January 2009 - 09:20 AM.

QUOTE (radicell @ Jan 18 2009, 01:41)
(...) nice to see a new map too. Just looking around I've spotted a top fun van, wonder what that could be for?
Thanks radicell, and good to see the new map in use. The Top Fun van used to be on the old map too; it's one of Berkley's vans you normally only see during the missions "Supply Lines" and "Beefy Baron". It has no specials though, it's just a vehicle spawn.

QUOTE (ArcAngel @ Jan 18 2009, 03:56)
Why does the checklist on the SNP site say "Tagging up turG"?????
As long as it doesn't say "Tagging up turD"... lol.gif

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Jan 18 2009, 09:51)
Oh, im last  sad.gif
Nah you're 3rd, I just sorted alphabetically. tounge2.gif

QUOTE (Daniel_B @ cg40 topic)
I'd used the no-wanted levels thing in "Drive-By" to go collect the rest of the Oysters.  Had just 4 left to get when my game crashed on me...
aahh, too bad with that crash. Still, good to see the no-wanted-level exploits in use, methinks it's been a while... icon14.gif

Nines and AKs
"Mission Passed" always comes with "Respect +", at least in the PC v1 script.

Jetpack Hunt
Prize: The winner may pick CJ's starting outfit for a future round.
Someone got pretty close... Anyway, here's 2 more clues:

• 24 carat
• Love Fist
12-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0
William doesn't know what to do.

The more you guess, the more hints will be given...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

I finally got Orion's PS2 Chain Game save to work on the Greatest Hits and Trilogy Versions. They are great, but I miss some of the new features that Rubregg added to the PC one, and is missing from the PS2 ones.

I gave a pretty good clue to the LS Jetpack, that along with the ones Rubregg gave a pretty much dead giveaways. I know where it is, but I can't tell, because I am a tester for the Chain Game.-lol tounge.gif lol.gif I will help give clues though as we get more guesses.

Also, on a side note, How in the world are you supposed to pass the 8th and final trucking mission with a 4-star wanted level, I have tried several several times, and almost everytime the truck keeps getting blown up. I tried using the railroad tracks, but no matter which route I take-through LS or SF, I keep getting shot down by a Swat roadblock in LS or knocked around constantly by the California Highway Patrol in Nevada area. When I use the fastest route by road, the HP/Las Vegas PD keep either disconnecting the cab-and making it next to impossible to re-connect in time, or by blowing up the rig in Las Vegas. Any tips would be great, please.

dinamodanci1986
  • dinamodanci1986

OORAH

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

On my game, the SWAT somehow NEVER EVER appear on 4 stars (is this a glitch), so Trucking 8 was easy to me.
The SWAT seem to appear only in roadblocks to me and the ones that drop from the helicopters, but they never come in SWAT Vans. But the FBI and the army normally appear on 5/6 stars.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

There's evidence linking GriG to gg8 and some other well-known dupe accounts, so

GriG is banned from the Chain Game and any turns called by him will be ignored.

While checking through the saves I stumbled upon something else: all tattoos disappeared in dinamodanci1986's "Nines and AKs" turn. I hope you didn't use any outfit-related scripts, and if so please don't use them again. And what's with the seven safehouse visits? mercie_blink.gif lol.gif

Possible Bug/Glitch
I just noticed in my turn that I couldn't get the Mountainbike at the Creek safehouse to spawn. I tried the starter saves for the last couple of rounds - with the same result. Now this vehicle doesn't get added by the scripts, but but by binary IPLs / streams, so this could have something to do with the new save creation.

Could someone with v1 and someone with v2 please check if that Mountainbike spawns?

SWAT
I think radioman meant the SWAT guys that come in Enforcers (not SWAT Vans) and appear in road blocks.

@ radioman
QUOTE (radioman)
I will help give clues though as we get more guesses
Only if you make them a little less obvious than last time... tounge2.gif

About the PS2 versions - I have neither a PS2 nor a clue how OrionSR made the PS2 saves, so I'm arfaid I can't help you with a new version there. confused.gif

QUOTE (radioman)
How in the world are you supposed to pass the 8th and final trucking mission
like this (video by Chain Game veteran quartet1977) wink.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 21 2009, 09:38)
There's evidence linking GriG to gg8 and some other well-known dupe accounts, so

GriG is banned from the Chain Game and any turns called by him will be ignored.

Nice work rubregg. icon14.gif

I think some sort of ban list should be added to the rules part in the chain game topic. That way eeveryone would know who is banned and can alert the officers if they take a turn or something like that.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Unlimited @ Jan 21 2009, 20:25)
I think some sort of ban list should be added to the rules part in the chain game topic. That way eeveryone would know who is banned and can alert the officers if they take a turn or something like that.

Even if the officers aren't online, it's upto the players to disregard any turn called by a banned player. Besides, most of the dupe accounts are busted and any banned player would always try to get around the rules by creating a new account. So, having a banned players list won't help. Just be on the lookout for members who are new and make their first post in the Chain Game.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jan 21 2009, 11:02)
Besides, most of the dupe accounts are busted and any banned player would always try to get around the rules by creating a new account. So, having a banned players list won't help. Just be on the lookout for members who are new and make their first post in the Chain Game.

True. I never really thought of it like that, although I do think something should be added to the first post. Something in the rules section or somewhere about being banned. Something along the lines of, if you have been banned from the chain game, please respect this and don't make duplicate accounts to get around the ban. If you do so you will be reported to the GTAF staff.

I'd like to think the people here have enough common sense to know that once they are banned they are banned for good and it's not just their account banned from the chain game but just incase there are people who don't know that or need clarification on it I think there should be something added to the first post.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 21 2009, 15:38)
Possible Bug/Glitch
I just noticed in my turn that I couldn't get the Mountainbike at the Creek safehouse to spawn. I tried the starter saves for the last couple of rounds - with the same result.

Last time I was in Creek I saw the mountainbike. It was a save from either previous round or the one before that. But this was after LV was opened. Do you want observations under 4-star conditions?

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

I'm with girishb on the banned-players-list, I don't think it is needed. Same for a note in the rules - who cheats repeatedly, and continues to do so even after being warned, proves that he doesn't care about the rules to start with.

QUOTE (aFinn @ Jan 21 2009, 16:41)
Possible Bug/Glitch
I just noticed in my turn that I couldn't get the Mountainbike at the Creek safehouse to spawn. I tried the starter saves for the last couple of rounds - with the same result.

Last time I was in Creek I saw the mountainbike. It was a save from either previous round or the one before that. But this was after LV was opened. Do you want observations under 4-star conditions?
You had it? That sounds good. Are you v1 or v2? If you could check in this round's starter save, that would be cool. icon14.gif

dinamodanci1986
  • dinamodanci1986

OORAH

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:41 PM Edited by dinamodanci1986, 21 January 2009 - 05:44 PM.

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 21 2009, 14:38)
SWAT
I think radioman meant the SWAT guys that come in Enforcers (not SWAT Vans) and appear in road blocks.

By "SWAT Vans" I meant the Enforcer (you thought I meant the FBI Truck or the SWAT Tank?). The SWAT that come after you in Enforcers never show up for me. I only get the normal police. The SWAT normally appear in roadblocks and when they drop from police helicopters.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Jan 18 2009, 10:51)
Is the LS Jetpack behind the Vinyl Countdown record store beneath the billboard "Madd Dogg's new album; 24 Caret Dogg"?

I went and checked for you. It's on the backside of that billboard itself.

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 21 2009, 19:22)
QUOTE (aFinn @ Jan 21 2009, 16:41)
I just noticed in my turn that I couldn't get the Mountainbike at the Creek safehouse to spawn.

Last time I was in Creek I saw the mountainbike.
You had it? That sounds good. Are you v1 or v2? If you could check in this round's starter save, that would be cool. icon14.gif

v2
I checked this rounds starter save, used the Jefferson-Creek Mall warp and hopped to the Creek savehouse. The mountainbike is there for me.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:40 AM Edited by rubregg, 22 January 2009 - 09:16 AM.

SWAT thingies
QUOTE (dinamodanci1986 @ Jan 21 2009, 18:41)
By "SWAT Vans" I meant the Enforcer (you thought I meant the FBI Truck or the SWAT Tank?). The SWAT that come after you in Enforcers never show up for me. I only get the normal police. The SWAT normally appear in roadblocks and when they drop from police helicopters.
Yup, I thought you meant SWAT Tanks. The SWAT Tank's internal name is 'swatvan', I guess that's why I keep calling it SWAT Van - besides it's not much of a tank anyway, with that lethal-water-cannon-of-destruction... lol.gif

So while we're at it: The "SWAT Van" in the LS Police Garage, new on the map, is not an Enforcer either, but a SWAT Van/Tank. It can be used to break the smash wall of Big Smoke's Crack Palace early in the game.

So you don't get any Enforcers in traffic, only in road blocks? Or no road-blocks either? That's odd, they should appear in traffic and in road-blocks from either 3 or 4 wanted stars on.

Creek Mountainbike
Thanks for your feedback, aFinn, and good news too! icon14.gif
I went back and tried again myself, and this time I also got the bike to spawn. Must have been one of those restart/reboot issues...

Jetpack Hunt
QUOTE (aFinn @ Jan 21 2009, 19:39)
Is the LS Jetpack behind the Vinyl Countdown record store beneath the billboard "Madd Dogg's new album; 24 Carat Dogg"?

....aaaaaand we have a winner!!
Congrats aFinn, well done once again.
icon14.gif biggrin.gif
Damn good first guess too, GC, I'm sure you would have found it in no time if you could play our save. icon14.gif

The Jetpack is on the Madd Dogg billboard in Rodeo, above the Vinyl Countdown record shop. You can get to it by jumping or bunnyhopping from the hill north of it. JAJ's method is landing a chopper on the billboard and I guess parachuting should do the trick nicely too. Update - here's a screenshot.
  • 24 carat -- '24 Carat Dogg' advert on the billboard
  • Love Fist -- Love Fist posters/adverts on the record shop beneath the billboard
  • 12-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0 -- 'Vinyl Countdown', as in 12" - 7"
  • William doesn't know what to do. -- Bill (is) bored.
Prize: The winner may pick CJ's starting outfit for a future round.
Your go, aFinn. ....Let's extend the prize - either the above, or you can pick a new location for the LS Jetpack, and post Jetpack Hunt clues next round, whaddayasay?

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

I got to ask you afinn, were you a part of testing team before Rubregg incorporated the save? How do you do this? Congratulations, that's some prize you've earned. Great clues Rubregg, i couldn't even figure what you were conveying through them biggrin.gif .

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (cacarla @ Jan 22 2009, 10:16)
I got to ask you afinn, were you a part of testing team before Rubregg incorporated the save? How do you do this? Congratulations, that's some prize you've earned. Great clues Rubregg, i couldn't even figure what you were conveying through them biggrin.gif .

Thanks smile.gif - and nope, aFinn wasn't part of the testing team. The only people who knew the location were JAJ, radioman and yours-truly. Also, let's not forget GC's first guess which was spot on. icon14.gif

Note - I just edited my last post to include a screenshot of the jetpack.

dinamodanci1986
  • dinamodanci1986

OORAH

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:30 AM Edited by dinamodanci1986, 22 January 2009 - 12:02 PM.

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 22 2009, 09:40)
So you don't get any Enforcers in traffic, only in road blocks? Or no road-blocks either? That's odd, they should appear in traffic and in road-blocks from either 3 or 4 wanted stars on.

I don't get any Enforcers in traffic, they are only in roadblocks.

I didn't use any scripts in my Nines and AK's turn. I removed the tattoos myself. I'm sorry if I shouldn't have
I did a lot of working out in that turn, so everytime I got the "enough for today" message I went to save a few times to advance the ingame time, hence the 7 safehouse visits.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:03 AM Edited by !!GameCH33TA!!, 22 January 2009 - 11:06 AM.

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 22 2009, 21:40)
icon14.gif biggrin.gif
Damn good first guess too, GC, I'm sure you would have found it in no time if you could play our save. icon14.gif

Sweet. Thanks rubregg.

Good searching to you, aFinn.

Also,
QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 22 2009, 22:24)
besides it's not much of a tank anyway, with that lethal-water-cannon-of-destruction...

You have to add that to the Hall of Fame quotes section. I found that quite hilarious indeed.
lol.gif

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

Jetpack Hunt
QUOTE (aFinn @ Jan 21 2009, 19:39)
Is the LS Jetpack behind the Vinyl Countdown record store beneath the billboard "Madd Dogg's new album; 24 Carat Dogg"?

icon14.gif biggrin.gif

Your go, aFinn. ....Let's extend the prize - either the above, or you can pick a new location for the LS Jetpack, and post Jetpack Hunt clues next round, whaddayasay?

Really all credit goes to GC, I was just checking it for him, as I felt his guess based on the clues fit extremely well. And it turned out he was really close in his guess. I was surprised someone else didn't pick up on that as it fit so well. Very good guess GC, it is clear that you are an excellent WOWAIer icon14.gif

If it is deemed that I be the one to choose the prize though, I'd be most interested in choosing a new Jetpack location. icon14.gif

It's very interesting though, that in my early searches of the jetpack I flew around and among other things I checked all billboards that I came by at the time, so my intuition of it possibly being on a billboard was correct, lol.

QUOTE (cacarla @ Jan 22 2009, 11:16)
I got to ask you afinn, were you a part of testing team before Rubregg incorporated the save? How do you do this? Congratulations, that's some prize you've earned.

Thanks cacarla icon14.gif
As rubregg confirmed, no I am not a tester. If I were, I wouldn't be able to reveal any locations or finds. tounge.gif
I simply pick up on hints, and also do exploring myself, as I am a very curious person and puzzles intrigue me. smile.gif
I love the chain game save with all the extra features, and now having new things to search for is very fun, thanks to rubregg for the new save icon14.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Jan 23 2009, 00:10)
Really all credit goes to GC, I was just checking it for him, as I felt his guess based on the clues fit extremely well. And it turned out he was really close in his guess. I was surprised someone else didn't pick up on that as it fit so well. Very good guess GC, it is clear that you are an excellent WOWAIer  icon14.gif

If it is deemed that I be the one to choose the prize though, I'd be most interested in choosing a new Jetpack location.  icon14.gif

It's very interesting though, that in my early searches of the jetpack I flew around and among other things I checked all billboards that I came by at the time, so my intuition of it possibly being on a billboard was correct, lol.

Cheers aFinn. icon14.gif
That acknowledgement is reward/credit enough for me.
You should definitely get to choose the new location, i am perfectly happy with that smile.gif

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:50 PM Edited by rubregg, 22 January 2009 - 12:53 PM.

QUOTE (dinamodanci1986 @ Jan 22 2009, 10:30)
I don't get any Enforcers in traffic, they are only in roadblocks.
Oh, that's odd. ...and quite a loss if you're into 4staring, I'm using them every now and then to restash armour. Considered a re-install?

QUOTE (dinamodanci1986 @ cont.)
I didn't use any scripts in my Nines and AK's turn. I removed the tattoos myself. I'm sorry if I shouldn't have
I did a lot of working out in that turn, so everytime I got the  "enough for today" message I went to save a few times to advance the ingame time, hence the 7 safehouse visits.
Nah, that's alright, you can very well remove tattoos if you want to. Good to hear you didn't use scripts though. icon14.gif As for saving, having spotted the muscle that would have been my guess... wink.gif

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Jan 22 2009, 12:03)
You have to add that to the Hall of Fame quotes section. I found that quite hilarious indeed.
lol.gif
Cool, thanks, I will... lol.gif

Jetpack Hunt
QUOTE (aFinn @ Jan 22 2009, 12:10)
Really all credit goes to GC, I was just checking it for him, as I felt his guess based on the clues fit extremely well. And it turned out he was really close in his guess. I was surprised someone else didn't pick up on that as it fit so well. Very good guess GC, it is clear that you are an excellent WOWAIer  icon14.gif
Yeah, I also wondered why no one picked up on this, that guess made me cringe - I guess I should have considered there's professional WOWAIers around... lol.gif

QUOTE (aFinn @ cont.)
Cool, lol indeed. While checking out the billboards, have you noticed how many of them have glitchy graphics, i.e. railings/floors that are see-through from one side, often from below (floors) or the outside (railings)? Just like our LS Jetpack, on the screenshot you can just see it even though it's really behind a railing. BTW, before I found Madd Dogg's billboard I had another one in mind - and found later during testing that both floor and railing were see-through from below and you could just openly see the Jetpack sitting there... lol.gif

QUOTE (aFinn @ cont.)
If it is deemed that I be the one to choose the prize though, I'd be most interested in choosing a new Jetpack location.   icon14.gif
Thought so. wink.gif Yeah, I think since it was you who actually found it I think the prize should go to you. GC can't play the save, unfortunately I might add, so I think that'll be alright with him. (And while I didn't refresh, he already confirmed that. lol.gif ) Suggesting locations via PM is expressly not forbidden though... wink.gif

@everyone
Should we continue with this game?
I.e. aFinn gets to pick a new LS Jetpack location and posts clues when the next round has started. Whoever finds it then gets to pick the next location, etc... - Interested?

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 22 2009, 20:50)
@everyone
I.e. aFinn gets to pick a new LS Jetpack location and posts clues when the next round has started. Whoever finds it then gets to pick the next location, etc... - Interested?

Definitely, it'll be a cool addition. Nice job aFinn and !!GC!! for finding this one. icon14.gif

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Jan 22 2009, 18:20)

Finally, some fun. I agree for this Rubregg only if you promise to keep it in easy locations wink.gif . Lets see what others say.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (radicell @ Jan 23 2009, 01:57)
Definitely, it'll be a cool addition. Nice job aFinn and !!GC!! for finding this one. icon14.gif

Thanks radicell.

And might i say that i would enjoy having a WOWAI-like game in here.
It'll be quite fun, and excessively hard (for me) which makes it a whole lot more fun lol.gif

This section is becoming more and more interesting and better than SA Gen Dis by the day!!
Can't wait to get into the CG action (however long that may be).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users