Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:23 PM Edited by ryan92, 01 December 2007 - 05:25 PM.

I might as well post this so 101 people dont ask.

Chain Game Round 23

Target Beta Release: Tuesday November 27rd.
Target Final Release: Saturday December 1st.

QUOTE (OrionSR's post on Panda Town)
Are we ready for the release version of CG 23 tomorrow?
It would seem that my morning project will be to get all 4 saves ready. I'll check in again for any updates. 

So we are getting all our stuff together and we will have a release sometime later today. Lets just hope JAJ is around to start the new round. tounge.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

Nice jump video Phreak. I have a few comments about that jump, I'm not sure if it will help with consistently triggering or landing the added USJ. It's a bit finicky, and never did work quite how I intended. However, the jump was added mostly to draw attention to the LV access method and provide incentive to try it out - it seems to be working. I've certainly become much more consistent.

When I started setting up the jump I was considering less western angle, the angle shown in rubregg's example. I tried to set the minimum Z in the landing zone so that the bonus could not be score if CJ hit the edge and fell into the water. The more favorable western angle lands much closer to the water. I find it difficult to land this jump consistently no matter how generous I make the landing zone; perhaps the sand is messing things up.

You video shows a much more western angle than I had considered. I was going around the trees to find my line, but the landing zone is quite large, so I'd be surprised if your angle landed outside of the zone.

I'm in the habit of leaving my USJs on the map, so it makes me uncomfortable to cut off any of the few access routes by blocking them with USJs. When setting up the jumps, I often try to leave a little room for the access stunt that doesn't trigger the camera.

Phreak's comments also reflect another one of my conclusions: USJs with natural objects works, but ramps are better. Mostly because they define the proper jump, angle, and goal, but also because it's a lot easier to establish a proper starting zone that triggers when it should. I'm still struggling with these settings, and often make zones that are much larger than the examples in the game.

Berkley
  • Berkley

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:23 PM

What's the point of the Chain Games anyway dozingoff.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Berkley @ Dec 1 2007, 17:23)

Well we start a brand new game and take it to 100%. Everybody can play and help take the game to 100%. We are currentley using a specail save developed by The Chain Game Development Team that has special cars, armories, new uniqe jump and stuff.

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Berkley @ Dec 1 2007, 22:23)

They are fun. There are more special vehicles and more unique things here that aren't the normal game, e.g. more unique vehicles, jumps, races being unlocked at the begging etc...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:25 PM

The chain game is an opportunity to share ideas and methods about game play. I've learned quite a lot from the games I've played. Also, most of the players I've collaborated with on this game I've met through the chain game. The chain game provides an excellent save archive for checking out specific missions or points in a game, or tracking down bugs and glitches.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

OrionSR makes some good points ther. All the people I talk with most I have ment In the Chain Game, and I also have picked up on differnet methods on how to things.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:15 AM Edited by ryan92, 02 December 2007 - 03:59 AM.

Chain Game 23 Status Report

All testing as been completed, and the save file has been released by the Chain Game Development team. So we are now waiting on JAJ to start the round up.

Round 23 Should Be Starting Anytime Now

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:20 AM

Just wanted to note that thanks to hard work by OrionSR and ryan92, we finally have a handle on the Barrier Glitch. We now have a much better idea why people with one version of the game will see the barriers but people with another version don't. And, just as importantly, how to fix it when the barriers don't come down. Ryan especially went above and beyond and did a great job of testing this, even learning a little mission coding to help isolate it. icon14.gif

So this next round we're gonna mix it up and set the barriers for the v2 people instead and let them do the Green Sabre and Yay Ka-Boom-Boom missions for a change. And the v1 folks get another crack at barrier-free access to 4-star land.

Orion might have more to say on this since he understands it better than I do wink.gif , but this is a pretty big deal to us and I wanted to make sure everybody knew about it. Thanks again!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:24 AM

inlove.gif Thanks pdescobar

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:55 AM

Round 23 Up And Running.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=301556

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

oh yeah.......its getting better every time i play it........i've been tring to complete the 22nd round game to % by my self and almost there.......i'll fifnish it in 4 days or so if i don't run into any more exams......after that i'll be back

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Dec 2 2007, 04:20)
Just wanted to note that thanks to hard work by OrionSR and ryan92, we finally have a handle on the Barrier Glitch. We now have a much better idea why people with one version of the game will see the barriers but people with another version don't. And, just as importantly, how to fix it when the barriers don't come down. Ryan especially went above and beyond and did a great job of testing this, even learning a little mission coding to help isolate it.  icon14.gif

So this next round we're gonna mix it up and set the barriers for the v2 people instead and let them do the Green Sabre and Yay Ka-Boom-Boom missions for a change. And the v1 folks get another crack at barrier-free access to 4-star land.

Orion might have more to say on this since he understands it better than I do wink.gif , but this is a pretty big deal to us and I wanted to make sure everybody knew about it. Thanks again!

Just curious, - will this affect the version 1 independent play save ?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Dec 2 2007, 11:30)
QUOTE (pdescobar @ Dec 2 2007, 04:20)
Just wanted to note that thanks to hard work by OrionSR and ryan92, we finally have a handle on the Barrier Glitch. We now have a much better idea why people with one version of the game will see the barriers but people with another version don't. And, just as importantly, how to fix it when the barriers don't come down. Ryan especially went above and beyond and did a great job of testing this, even learning a little mission coding to help isolate it.  icon14.gif

Just curious, - will this affect the version 1 independent play save ?

Yes, but the Independent Play saves have barriers that are specific for that version. The flags that control the barriers, and this includes other IPL objects like the pre-Yay Ka-Boom factory and ground floor of Smoke's Palace, appear to be specific to the executable used to play and is independent of the scripts used. So as long as you download the version that matches your original installation you should have the proper objects.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:51 PM Edited by girishb, 02 December 2007 - 06:58 PM.

nvm this post.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (Pdescobat)
A day (or 3) in the life of CJ:

Today I decided to go tagging. Damn, I musta been drunk last night or something because I went to bed last night with less than full armor. Anyway, I tagged up Ganton & Seville BLVD. Then I stopped down at the courts and played some basketball. Man, I'm outta practice; I stank it up and only got 9 points.

After doing some more tagging I saw this for sale sign and bought this cheap-ass house in Willowfield. It was only $10k and might come in handy, you know? I was hungry so I went to the pizza stack and pigged the f*ck out. That put some fat on me, but I'll work it off. Stopped by the gym and worked out then did some more tagging.

I went over by Unity Station and found this Katana out back of the 69-cent store. Well, I was tagging up the store and CRASH rolls up on me. That Mutha starts shooting when I got nothing out but a spray can! He even followed me down into flood control, but he dropped his guard and I pulled out that sword and cut that fool up. Then some punk Balla drops in and starts shootin' me. But when I turned around with the sword, he ran like a little bitch and I had to pull out the shotgun and show him how Grove St settles disputes.

I jacked some mark's car and went over to Ocean Docks & the airport to spray some more tags, then headed to the beach for a bit. After working out on the beach and getting a hot dog I strolled over near the police station and saw a help wanted sign. So I did this delivery job at Roboi's Market on a bike. It was kinda boring, but easy and I'm like halfway to being a cycling master now. Even better, I don't know what was in them packages but I made enough cash to buy this sweet beach house and I can even go back there and get more money later.

Anyhow, I did some more tagging and this jackass comes up and tells me I stink! I'm wearing the greens, fool! Well, you know what happened -- I pulled out that sword and chopped that bitch up. Anyhow, I went back to the gym and worked out some more and this guy there said he was some kinda fighting expert. Heh. I kicked his ass real quick and so he showed me some new LS-style fighting moves. Then I worked out a bit more and had some more pizza before heading home.

Well the light was on at Sweet's place and I stopped in; Ryder was there and me and him went Cleaning the Hood. This crack dealer pulled a bat on me, but I still got my sword so you know how that turned out. Then we went over to the crack den and gave them more of the same. Man, with all this fighting and working out and running around Santos spraying tags (done 33 of them now) I'm up to like 75% muscle and has me pretty tired. So I got some fresh armor and hit the bed.

lol.gif lol.gif Thats quite the story PD. lol.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:14 AM

Why thank you. It's good to occasionally spice up the turn reporting. wink.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (ryan92 @ Dec 2 2007, 18:46)
lol.gif   lol.gif Thats quite the story PD. lol.gif

I agree, so cooped your idea. I was considering creating a Girlfriend for CJ in Liberty City that he could send letters to, but that would get a little complicated when he starts sleeping around. The other idea was a son living with his mom in Liberty City, but he'd probably be too young to read the letter, and CJ would be inclined to censor his thoughts.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:54 PM

Or perhaps a long lost brother living in Vice City, now working for Tommy Vercetti. Perhaps 'the man' launches a hit on someone named...CJ.

Anyway, why are we now talking about possible storyline plots?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:17 AM

We were talking about storylines because this round I was in a creative writing mood and have been posting turn notes in "diary" format and Orion was thinking of other ways to approach creative turn reports like a letter from CJ to someone.

Anyhow, I finally got around to posting the (almost) full feature list for round 23. A few previously unknown (or at least uncommented-on) things are revealed there but some of the newer additions are left for discovery. Also, the vehicle section is missing because it's huge and complex and I still need to do some work on it before adding. Comments, questions, suggestions, etc. regarding the feature list probably belong here so the round topic doesn't get too spammed up with more non-turn posts.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

Nice work! Just looked at it; it seems pretty good. I have a feeling I know where something is, but I'm not telling anybody. tounge.gif

T-S-K
  • T-S-K

Tiskeh

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:00 PM

Yay, I just did my first turn in the chain game, and I didn't stuff it up, Yay!!
I think I might join in and take more turns, it's pretty fun. biggrin.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (T-S-K @ Dec 7 2007, 08:00)
Yay, I just did my first turn in the chain game, and I didn't stuff it up, Yay!!
I think I might join in and take more turns, it's pretty fun.  biggrin.gif

@T-S-K: Welcome to the chain game & thanks for playing!

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

Hey everyone! Glad to see the chain game is still going strong (stronger than ever from the look of it). I've only just come back after a 5 month absence, so I've gotta get caught up on what's happening, but I wanted to say hello to all the long-time regulars. I see I'm still listed as a chain game officer; that was a cool surprise. Is my ride still parked up on Mt. Chiliad? biggrin.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

Hey, quartet1977. It's good to meet you.

Sorry, you no longer have a custom ride on Chiliad. Starting on round 20 PD gave me creative control of the custom save and I completely reworked all but a few vehicles. And... well, you weren't active at the time, so you got an easter egg instead of a custom plate. Sorry. But the saves are updated each round with new feature and tweaks, so you never know which names might show up from round to round.

How are your 4 star skills? I've been making a few modifications recently that make things easier in restricted territory, but next round we'll be introducing some more difficult challenges. It looks like the extra Pay'n'Sprays and max armor are going to come in real handy.

Anyway, you might want to check out PD post on the 1st page. It includes a mostly complete list of modification in place on the current round. You should be able to locate your easter egg using that as reference - I forget where we put it.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

@Orion: thanks for telling me about the car. Glad to know I've still got an easter egg in the game! And I'm looking forward to the 4-star challenges. My skills in that area need a lot of work, and I definitely need to practice at the game for a bit - it's been months since I've played GTASA. Then again, I beat Freefall on my first try when doing an SnP this morning. Like riding a biking, right?

@anyone: where'd the karma stars go?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Dec 7 2007, 21:56)

They no longer exist. There's a new system - Awards. You earn a medal for your contributions. Take a look at pdescobar's profile.
Also, for more on awards, read this and this.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Dec 7 2007, 11:40)
QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Dec 7 2007, 21:56)

They no longer exist. There's a new system - Awards. You earn a medal for your contributions. Take a look at pdescobar's profile.
Also, for more on awards, read this and this.

thanks, girishb. nice to see you still around!!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:44 AM

Hey nice to see you back Matt colgate.gif Hopfully you can stick around for awhile this time.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (ryan92 @ Dec 8 2007, 08:14)
Hey nice to see you back Matt colgate.gif Hopfully you can stick around for awhile this time.

I think he's back for good and he ain't going anywhere, right Matt? sly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users