Photo

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,176 replies to this topic
cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 12 2008, 10:44)
80% Survive and Continue
20% Discontinue

And I hopr it's the 80%....Continue

No, It'll be on-going forever smile.gif .
Dont worry JAJ, I'm always there for the SA Chain Game. biggrin.gif

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (cacarla @ Sep 12 2008, 08:33)
QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 12 2008, 10:44)
80% Survive and Continue
20% Discontinue

And I hopr it's the 80%....Continue

No, It'll be on-going forever smile.gif .
Dont worry JAJ, I'm always there for the SA Chain Game. biggrin.gif

Do, you know Girish by any chance?

Anyways, JAJ- will you be doing anything more special like the 4-star gangwar in IV?

Also- can anyone give me the address of the CG forum?(you know)

Necromancer.
  • Necromancer.

Keep It Simple, Stupid

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

Glad to be back in the chain game.! Had taken a long break from PCs in general and Gaming in particular.Good to see chain game going as good as before. colgate.gif

RichardG
  • RichardG

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:10 PM Edited by RichardG, 13 September 2008 - 05:15 PM.

Regarding this *asim*'s post:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1058533705 (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058533705) (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058533705)

A small warning: external savepoints (Catalina's, Doherty Garage and Four Dragons) don't have an armory hideout, and Doherty Garage (where I saved) is far away from Big Pointy (nearest armory hideout shortcut).

EDIT: Looks like Independent Play v1 has an anti-CLEO block. None of the CLEO scripts I have worked with CG-IP v1.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:44 PM Edited by OrionSR, 13 September 2008 - 10:00 PM.

QUOTE (RichardG @ Sep 13 2008, 10:10)
A small warning: external savepoints (Catalina's, Doherty Garage and Four Dragons) don't have an armory hideout, and Doherty Garage (where I saved) is far away from Big Pointy (nearest armory hideout shortcut).

EDIT: Looks like Independent Play v1 has an anti-CLEO block. None of the CLEO scripts I have worked with CG-IP v1.

Nearest Armor to:
Fern Ridge - Trailer Park in Montgomery
Doherty - Corner of parking lot directly west of Cranberry Station
Four Dragons - Come-A-Lot Tower
Toreno's Ranch - Tierra Robada/Ft Carson/Dam Armory wardrobes

Fill up the armor before you save.

There is nothing put into the custom saves designed to foil cleo scripts. However, we made a lot of modifications that probably are not compatible with your cleo scripts. There is a very good chance cleo scripts can cause unexpected problems with the custom CG saves. Use with caution during independent play.

Only approved cleo scripts should be used during the rounds of the Chain Game. Currently there are no approved cleo scripts, and there is no process for approval. Should the ShowSaveScreen cleo script be approved for use in the game game? There is nothing in this script that would cause problems with the save. In fact, this script was used for the 1st save location in the alley. Wouldn't it be interesting to see where CJ spawns if people are allowed to save anywhere they want? I am uncomfortable with this idea. However, I am working on cleo scripts that will add Chain Game Rallies as side missions so perhaps a discussion on the issue would be appropriate.

I could uses a few testers for the Chain Game Rallies cleo side-missions. The scripts are still very raw, I only started this project the other day, but it is "working" better than I expected. The primary test at this point is whether or not people would be willing to download, install, and play the CG Rally side missions. Let me know if you are interested, both as a tester or someone willing to try the script when it is ready.

Added: And sure enough, I post this message and the next thing I find is that the current save has been corrupted by a cleo mod.

*asim*
  • *asim*

OG

• Members

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (RichardG @ Sep 13 2008, 10:10)
Regarding this *asim*'s post:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1058533705 (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058533705) (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058533705) (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058533705)

Those are not safe houses. They are just some save points.

I meant all the wardrobes in the "safe houses."

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:19 AM

Osiris Knight, I hope I never see another turn taken by you. I am sick and tired of repairing the damage that you have caused to the save file.

Umm,What damage ? i didn't see Damage. Also I Make a ****** after Saving Last Mission and didn't save.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 13 2008, 17:19)
Osiris Knight, I hope I never see another turn taken by you. I am sick and tired of repairing the damage that you have caused to the save file.

Umm,What damage ? i didn't see Damage. Also I Make a ****** after Saving Last Mission and didn't save.

Your cleo mods added 210 cars to the save file. The custom saves are designed to be played with default scripts - no mods, no cheats, no trainers, and no cleo mods should be used or you will mess up the game for everyone else. You had your chance to play by the rules but either disregarded the warnings or are too clueless to understand how to play with other people.

1. Save file was edited
2. Game properties were adjusted.
3. Cars added to the save.

I'd say you are done here, but that's not my call. I certainly won't be repairing any more of your saves. Go away.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:52 AM Edited by JAJ, 14 September 2008 - 01:25 AM.

This was posted in the chain game topic & is a follow-up for what OrionSR just posted:
@Osiris Knight:
If you can't play without cheating & if you can't play without your precious cleo scripts - YOU CAN'T PLAY!
The other players have no problem playing by the chain game rules, why should things be different for you?
You have been warned & requested NOT to play with your cleo scripts or mods & you have disregarded this for the last time. Any future turns by you will be automatically skipped, so please don't waste your time or post in the chain game again & please don't make me take this up with the Moderators & Administrators.

@chain game officers & players: I do this because there is no other choice. If there is another turn by Osiris Knight we will skip that turn. If it persists, I will contact the moderating staff for appropriate corrective action. To the players that play by the rules - THANKS!

@OrionSR: Thanks for fixing the save, again. Hopefully this will be the last time that this will have to be done.
PM also sent to the offender.

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:17 AM

Hoof.. Too much confusion and chaos.
First, Thanks to Orion, JAJ for sorting out things icon14.gif wink.gif .
I think we have to create a huge banner right on the first page of the Chain Game which says No Cheats, No Mods, No modified scripts nothing, Just play safe.

QUOTE (JAJ @ Sep 14 2008 @ 06:09)

@chain game officers & players: I do this because there is no other choice. If there is another turn by Osiris Knight we will skip that turn. If it persists, I will contact the moderating staff for appropriate corrective action. To the players that play by the rules - THANKS!

QUOTE (Anu in round 34)
This counts as enough notice. If Osiris Knight does call another turn, that information shall be edited and he shall be issued a formal warning.

Well done Anu icon14.gif . Now, i understand how Osiris do some of the snapshots and oysters under 4-stars, when he was not aware of the locations and this was just his 2nd round.. I got a slight doubt that time itself when he said he used some Radar mods and others but Girish told me that mods which affect the savegame was restricted, hence i just kept quiet.

@Everybody: Just enjoy the Chain Game and forget the past biggrin.gif .

Cheers.

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:35 AM Edited by Osiris Knight, 14 September 2008 - 09:43 AM.

icon14.gif As you wish JAJ...
I won't able to take another turn until Last Round exist.Good-bye Chain Game cryani.gif

Now i'm gonna Commit Suicide and Dissapear.

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

I am back, I just re-installed SA and should join back soon.

RichardG
  • RichardG

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 13 2008, 15:44)
*snip*
There is nothing put into the custom saves designed to foil cleo scripts. However, we made a lot of modifications that probably are not compatible with your cleo scripts. There is a very good chance cleo scripts can cause unexpected problems with the custom CG saves. Use with caution during independent play.
*snip*

I agree with the custom savegame problem.
The single scripts I tested:
- ZAZ's Otto Autos (there should be a rotating lounge and a red marker on the second floor, and a savepoint near it)
- Rapier's Taxi (no welcome message/no operating Tab+Rmb)

*asim*
  • *asim*

OG

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 14 2008, 02:35)
I won't able to take another turn until Last Round exist.Good-bye Chain Game cryani.gif

...........??????

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (*asim* @ Sep 15 2008, 01:14)
QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 14 2008, 02:35)

...........??????

Osiris Knight is a sad, sad person.

QUOTE (Unlimited in CG34)
Wow I can't beleive nobody picked up on this.

A great deal of CG officers live in Asia (me, Girish, I think rubregg and crazyanurag too?), so when JAJ calls a turn at 1 in the morning, it's a good chance we'll be sleeping. Just pointing this out, thanks for taking the appropriate action. smile.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:00 AM Edited by OrionSR, 15 September 2008 - 02:03 AM.

I've been looking into cleo scripts a lot more recently. Cleo scripts are very powerful and fairly easy to write. Someone with a great idea and a little skill can quickly publish a script without much knowledge of what the rest of the game is doing or how their changes will change the save. I'm worried that we will have more problems if we don't define the issue a little more clearly. It appears that several CG players use cleo scripts, but have been more careful about the scripts they choose or have taken precautions to disable them when taking turns in the chain game.

I just updated my CLEO Library to version 3.0.950 to maintain compatibility with my coding team. I noticed that cleo will display the number of running scripts in the lower left corner of a pause menu. This should help people to keep track of their running scripts. Disabling cleo is more trouble than we can expect from our players. Disabling the scripts should be enough.

I had 2 scripts loaded, the ShowSaveScreen script and my Chain Game Rallies trigger script. I alt-tabbed out of the game while these scripts were still running, browsed to my cleo folder, created a new folder called Disabled, and moved my two scripts into that folder. When I went back to the game the scripts were still loaded, but after reloading the save cleo reported no running scripts.

I think this is a process we can expect from all Chain Game players. Update to the new library if required, check your running scripts, and disable them if necessary.

Scripts I'm testing for possible approval:

showsavescreen.cs - default version included with CLEO (running but not used)
cgrallies.cs - trigger script for optional Chain Game Rally missions.

The Chain Game Rallies cleo missions are still in early development. Skipping Palomino is working, sort of. The trigger works, the mission runs, but I still need to work out a million details. I could use testers willing to put up with a buggy mission while I work out the details. Anyone with very good bike jumping skills, and/or willing to improve their jumping skills to a fairly high level should definitely drop me a note. CLEO does not work with SA version 2. A downgrade patch would be required to play the missions.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

It seems that cleo gets loaded by changing vorbisFile.dll

So to disable cleo:
    Rename vorbisFile.dll to vorbisFile.dll.cleo (cleo version is ~ 4kB)
    Copy vorbishooked.dll to vorbisFile.dll (original gta version ~ 64 kB)
    Optionally make a copy of vorbishooked.dll named vorbisFile.dll.gta

To reenable cleo:
    Delete vorbisFile.dll
    Copy or Rename vorbisFile.dll.cleo to vorbisFile.dll

All the above files reside in the game install folder (default: Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas )

I don't use the scriptswitcher, but maybe it's possible to modify the scriptswitcher so that cleo gets disabled when switching to v2 scripts for the Chaingame or v2 SnP's to avoid any "accidents" ?

I don't think that cleo works with stock v2, so those shouldn't be a problem, but downgraded versions might still pose problems.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:36 PM Edited by radioman, 15 September 2008 - 08:41 PM.

On the topic of the possibility of a Chain Game for IV when it comes out to PC, I don't know how well it's going to work out, since GTA IV has the auto. save function built in, plus the storyline is set up a little different than previous GTA's-I mean sometimes you start a mission, and then you have to wait for the call/text on the in-game phone, and respond in a certain amount of time, and if you save before you get the text/call to do the mission, it will fail you for "being late" to the contact-I had this happen while playing the game on PS3-where one of the characters called and said to pick them up in an hour, I saved, and got the failed message afterwards. So the rules will have to be changed from the SA one to make it work. But even when the IV Chain Game starts, I still hope the SA one stays as well-I will be participating in both Chain Games when the time comes. But it is still possible, the rules will just be a lot different than they are for SA.

But the reason I say the auto save feature may cause problems is because if you happen to fail a mission/die/get busted, it will automatically get saved and that will be in the stats. What do you guys think about the differences between IV and SA?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

pdescobar and I argued about the busted/wasted rules on occasion. His argument was to keep the stats as a better representation of what actually happened. I still don't like the idea of changing this rule for SA, but I see his point. For GTA IV, I'd argue in favor of whatever makes the most sense considering the game elements. Isn't there a method to disable auto-saving? I'd certainly be annoyed if it didn't.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 15 2008, 16:10)
pdescobar and I argued about the busted/wasted rules on occasion. His argument was to keep the stats as a better representation of what actually happened. I still don't like the idea of changing this rule for SA, but I see his point. For GTA IV, I'd argue in favor of whatever makes the most sense considering the game elements. Isn't there a method to disable auto-saving? I'd certainly be annoyed if it didn't.

I'll check later on tonight and look more into GTA IV, and post back my results then. I know, in IV it is very important to re-load immediately after gettting wasted/busted, so you don't accidently activate the auto save function. But if the PC release is like the PS3 version, there will be 12 save slots, and I think the auto save slot is slot 12. So i'll post back when I find out more about the gameplay.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sep 16 2008, 02:55)
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 15 2008, 16:10)
pdescobar and I argued about the busted/wasted rules on occasion. His argument was to keep the stats as a better representation of what actually happened. I still don't like the idea of changing this rule for SA, but I see his point. For GTA IV, I'd argue in favor of whatever makes the most sense considering the game elements.  Isn't there a method to disable auto-saving? I'd certainly be annoyed if it didn't.

I'll check later on tonight and look more into GTA IV, and post back my results then. I know, in IV it is very important to re-load immediately after gettting wasted/busted, so you don't accidently activate the auto save function. But if the PC release is like the PS3 version, there will be 12 save slots, and I think the auto save slot is slot 12. So i'll post back when I find out more about the gameplay.

If the game auto-saves only in the last slot, we might have a glimmer of hope. The manual saves in the other slots can be used to re-load after getting wasted/busted. Or am I still missing something here?

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

I have the PS3 IV and the first thing I did was to disable auto-save from the settings.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 16 2008, 09:40)
I have the PS3 IV and the first thing I did was to disable auto-save from the settings.

Well, in that case, we don't have a problem. smile.gif

Maxrevv
  • Maxrevv

Agera-sive driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:21 AM Edited by maxrevv, 16 September 2008 - 07:29 AM.

To the players of CG,I'm sorry if I caused a stir in the gameplay couple of days back,I'll try to check my cleo folders regularly. As a regular basis,I always delete my cleo mods before taking a turn in CG. I guess I forgot i didnt. Forgive me for the inconvenience caused as I'm still a new player.

Regards,maxrevv

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 16 2008, 05:10)
pdescobar and I argued about the busted/wasted rules on occasion.

I never really understood this rule. Was the original point of the rule to keep from losing weapons, or to keep a "clean sheet" in the stats?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:06 AM Edited by OrionSR, 16 September 2008 - 10:21 AM.

QUOTE (maxrevv @ Sep 16 2008, 00:21)
To the players of CG,I'm sorry if I caused a stir in the gameplay couple of days back,I'll try to check my cleo folders regularly. As a regular basis,I always delete my cleo mods before taking a turn in CG. I guess I forgot i didnt. Forgive me for the inconvenience caused as I'm still a new player.

Regards,maxrevv

maxrevv did some testing for me regarding the missing YKBB icon after completing Toreno's Last Flight and was unable to track this glitch to any cleo mods. So I loaded the save and completed the mission and got the same glitch. Apparently this problem existed in the save prior to his turn.

I am very sorry if I made you uncomfortable with my PM on this issue, and would like thank you for your support in tracking this glitch.

I still haven't discovered the problem but hopefully the latest clues will lead me in the right direction. I'll post a link to the save for anyone willing to run a quick test with version 2, and a cleaner copy of v1 than I'm running.

Glitchy Toreno's Last Flight
*http://gtasnp.com/dl/13317

Never mind. I found where the glitch was added. I'll write a glitch detection cleo script. I'm hoping cleo users with try their mods and see if they can get the glitch to appear. The goal here is to identify the glitchy mod and notify the mod author of the problem so it can be repaired.

YKBB Icon Glitch Detection CLEO Script
*http://files.filefront.com/YKBBGlitchcs/;11806439;/fileinfo.html

Place in your cleo folder and load the save.
Will subtract $1 per second from CJ's money and display a warning message when the glitch is active.

Maxrevv
  • Maxrevv

Agera-sive driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 16 2008, 17:06)
QUOTE (maxrevv @ Sep 16 2008, 00:21)

Regards,maxrevv

maxrevv did some testing for me regarding the missing YKBB icon after completing Toreno's Last Flight and was unable to track this glitch to any cleo mods. So I loaded the save and completed the mission and got the same glitch. Apparently this problem existed in the save prior to his turn.

I am very sorry if I made you uncomfortable with my PM on this issue, and would like thank you for your support in tracking this glitch.

I still haven't discovered the problem but hopefully the latest clues will lead me in the right direction. I'll post a link to the save for anyone willing to run a quick test with version 2, and a cleaner copy of v1 than I'm running.

Glitchy Toreno's Last Flight
*http://gtasnp.com/dl/13317

Never mind. I found where the glitch was added. I'll write a glitch detection cleo script. I'm hoping cleo users with try their mods and see if they can get the glitch to appear. The goal here is to identify the glitchy mod and notify the mod author of the problem so it can be repaired.

YKBB Icon Glitch Detection CLEO Script
*http://files.filefront.com/YKBBGlitchcs/;11806439;/fileinfo.html

Place in your cleo folder and load the save.
Will subtract $1 per second from CJ's money and display a warning message when the glitch is active.

Hey,its ok. And your welcome, OrionSR. But,I'd like to point out that the "missing mission icon" only happens with the YKBB mission,other missions doesnt have any glitches of this sorts. But that hasnt been proven yet,so I'll will test previous CG v2 saves and update on ya,ok?
Good lookin out,man.

Maxrevv

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:30 PM

@Orion: I am not supposed to tell you what to do, but I think it'll be alot more fun if you approve being busted/wasted. After all, GTA IV is supposed to be more realistic right?

And it would suit IV better.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (dxk @ Sep 16 2008, 20:00)
@Orion: I am not supposed to tell you what to do, but I think it'll be alot more fun if you approve being busted/wasted. After all, GTA IV is supposed to be more realistic right?

That's why you aren't supposed to be reborn after dying. Hence, we are against it. wink.gif

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (dxk @ Sep 16 2008, 20:00)

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 16 2008, 16:36)
That's why you aren't supposed to be reborn after dying. Hence, we are against it. wink.gif

I'm with girish here.
no cheats, no busted/wasted & no failed missions <-- should be kept for Chain Game IV

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users