5,178 replies to this topic
cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE ( Phreak in round 34)

I'll take a turn ...

Wow, take a look at this. It's the man himself.. It's PHREAK . hi and welcome back mate biggrin.gif icon14.gif . Damn, i wish i could take part but there's no time. All i could afford is just browsing through GTAF and the Chain Game.. Well, i'm happy with that at the moment..

@iam'sink: Thanks very much for the interest in the chain game mate smile.gif icon14.gif . keep it up and enjoy. If you have any queries relating to the Chain game feel free to ask the Officers.. They're always there for us. smile.gif

@Osiris: Yup, round 200 is definitely on the cards.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 5 2008, 00:58)
QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 4 2008, 03:28)
Vehicle Plan
Vehicles unlocked by missions, new rewards different to normal game

Thanks for the summary aFinn. I just bookmarked that post - it's bound to come in handy.

No problem. Thought I'd make a separate summary post for just that reason, it's easy to bookmark, print, copy/paste and save etc. I myself printed it out, gonna use it as reference when planning on travel, good to know when a certain vehicle is available.

And since my previous post was made in haste from work, just wanted to say thanks a lot for the hints and help icon14.gif , it was fun exploring and I learned a lot from this save that will be useful in the future.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

Wanna know what's more challenging than 4 stars? Try playing with a fps of 5. suicidal.gif

The game froze 6 f*cking times during my recent turn and I had to reboot every single time. I was gonna forfeit but I wanted to show my f*cking computer that I was going to complete what I had set out to do regardless of whatever bullsh*t it threw at me. I won!

Exfernis
  • Exfernis

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

I've called a turn and completed Nine's and AK's, would I be able to do the 100 tags before I post it?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Exfernis @ Sep 5 2008, 23:28)
I've called a turn and completed Nine's and AK's, would I be able to do the 100 tags before I post it?

As I said in the PM, yes you can as long as you do it within the stipulated time of 3 hours. Also, it'd be a good idea to just go through the rules again so that you can be clear about what you can do and what you can't do in a single turn and you wouldn't need to ask anything in your future turns. It'd save you time. smile.gif

Exfernis
  • Exfernis

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

Someone just done 100 tags =D

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 5 2008, 09:59)
Wanna know what's more challenging than 4 stars? Try playing with a fps of 5. suicidal.gif

I did that. Well, actually, I would have been much happier with 5 fps. When I was making memory dumps for the PS2 Chain Game cheat codes I was running the PS2 version under and emulator. It took forever just to run down the alley to get away from the bike so I could save.

ArcAngel
  • ArcAngel

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

Unfortunately gents, it appears that something on Exfernis' end has corrupted the file. As I explained in the game thread, all I see on the mini-map is a sea of blue - no roads, or anything and I don't get close to the objective triangles.

Loading up giri's save prior and the map is fine.

So it's not my end. I've got the proper scripts, and the only mod I am running is a speedo.

Also, I wasn't too happy about driving halfway across town just to get to the next mission.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:23 PM Edited by Unlimited, 05 September 2008 - 10:16 PM.

We are working on it.

Everything is fixed now.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:06 AM

I finally got rid of my sudden frame rate drop issue. It was Fraps. I'm not using it anymore and the game runs smooth. Is this a known issue with Fraps?

Unfortunately, the random freeze problem still continues and I can't afford to take long turns without saving. I'm beginning to think it's my video card that's overheating causing the computer to freeze. And me not having cleaned the fans even once in 2 years doesn't seem to be helping either. And since I'm too lazy to do that, I'll just wait till I upgrade my PC. turn.gif

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 6 2008, 11:06)
And me not having cleaned the fans even once in 2 years doesn't seem to be helping either.

When I had my power supply problem a while back, and opened the case, the first thing I did was clean the fans. I was amazed by how much dust/dirt they had accumulated cry.gif
After power supply change and cleaning the fans my comp is a lot cooler now.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 6 2008, 14:38)
QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 6 2008, 11:06)
And me not having cleaned the fans even once in 2 years doesn't seem to be helping either.

When I had my power supply problem a while back, and opened the case, the first thing I did was clean the fans. I was amazed by how much dust/dirt they had accumulated cry.gif
After power supply change and cleaning the fans my comp is a lot cooler now.

Strangely, turning off all SFX and radio seems to not freeze the game anymore. I guess I'll have to just play with no audio then.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

Would that imply that your audio card is the one that overheats/has a problem?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 6 2008, 21:10)
Would that imply that your audio card is the one that overheats/has a problem?

I can't be very sure. No other game has any problem. It's only San Andreas. Anyways, I'll be going for a total PC upgrade soon (gotta be ready for IV, right?) and I'm assuming that would solve all of my problems.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:41 AM Edited by rubregg, 08 September 2008 - 02:26 AM.

Please don't cheat or use trainers!
...or use custom or cleo scripts or mods or edit the save file, etc, thank you very much.

Again a player has been caught cheating in the chain game. mad.gif
People, this is not a contest. Please only do things you can do without cheating.

Nuff said, let the games continue. Things should be fixed, so it should be safe to continue with the current save.

[Pm sent to culprit.]

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:12 AM

I deleted all CLEO Script and I have no trainer so it's clean eh biggrin.gif No Cheat,No Mod (There are 1).........
At least the GTA IV HUD isn't problem / Cheats......... biggrin.gif I can't live if i didn't use that HUD biggrin.gif .

cacarla
  • cacarla

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (girish in round 34)
I thought turning off radio and SFX solved my random freeze problem, so I decided to try my hand at 4 star racing and I even managed to win Dirtbike Danger (took me 4 tries) and Bandito County before the f*cking game froze again

Ah.. now this is what i call the beginning of a new era of 4-staring lol.gif . Many guys(new guys especially) in round 34 have started doing some 4 star activities..
Now the big guys have started it and Girish heads it biggrin.gif . Congrats on that Girish not only for attempting the race but also completing it. Really good brother icon14.gif . I feel that Gtamodder and Unlimited should also take on the 4-staring as i feel they have the natural instincts to do them. Good luck mates colgate.gif inlove.gif . Use the teleporters and travel across places instantly to make the job easier. icon14.gif smile.gif

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 9 2008, 10:35)
Okay....I don't know that if a V1 Play it the barrier won't dissapear...  wow.gif blush.gif ...
I don't think the Barrier will gone if we Convert the ID.... bored.gif

Never mind, it has happened before. We probably should have put a warning up...

No, converting the ID won't take the barriers down. "Green Sabre", "Are you going to SF" and "Yay-Ka Boom Boom" have to be done by a player with v2.

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Sep 9 2008, 18:51)
Okay....I don't know that if a V1 Play it the barrier won't dissapear...  wow.gif blush.gif ...

No, converting the ID won't take the barriers down. "Green Sabre", "Are you going to SF" and "Yay-Ka Boom Boom" have to be done by a player with v2.

Well....If the Barrier still There...Is The **** wanted level gone ?

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 9 2008, 21:12)
QUOTE (rubregg @ Sep 9 2008, 18:51)

Well....If the Barrier still There...Is The **** wanted level gone ?

Yes.

cacarla
  • cacarla

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (richard in round 34)

I'll do Ammu-Nation range... I can do Pistol and MicroUzi, but I can't do Shotgun

Hey richard, Thanks for the interest in the Chain Game smile.gif . WHen you want to do something just say that you're taking a turn and then complete whatever side missions you want. It's your wish. You can also complete the storyline if you're interested. Just enjoy the game. Dont worry if cant do the shotgun challenge and stuff, but please follow the rules and post back within 3 hours.

RichardG
  • RichardG

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

Regarding this JAJ's post:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1058522524 (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058522524)

Unfortunately, the V2 scripts link is broken since a loooong time ago. I can get another mirror in a file sharing server that won't delete for inactivity (DivShare or 4shared?), I found them somewhere at GTA4.TV.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (RichardG @ Sep 9 2008, 19:36)
Regarding this JAJ's post:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1058522524 (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058522524) (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058522524) (http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058522524)
I tried this link & it just links to the board index. Where is this link supposed to go; what is the descriptive text associated with it?

QUOTE (RichardG @ Sep 9 2008, 19:36)
Unfortunately, the V2 scripts link is broken since a loooong time ago. I can get another mirror in a file sharing server that won't delete for inactivity (DivShare or 4shared?), I found them somewhere at GTA4.TV.
This link for the V2 scripts works: Scripts (http://rapidshare.co...Script.zip.html) & it's in the chain game first post.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Sep 10 2008, 02:09)
I tried this link & it just links to the board index.

The link works, but you'll have to use the second instance of the link. For some reason, if we post an url, it appears twice in the posting. If it's a very long url, the first instance gets abbreviated with some dots in the middle - this url won't work. The second instance has the full url and this works.

In quotes/edits with more duplicates of the link, it's always the last one.

If you use firefox, you might want to install the linkification add-on girish recommended. It makes text urls in websites clickable. I find this rather helpful with those temporarily disabled clickable links.

Get it here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/190 (https://addons.mozil...refox/addon/190) (https://addons.mozil...refox/addon/190)

@RichardG
...here's another working link to v2 scripts:
http://rubregg.p2partesans.com/sa/sc/v2_script.zip (http://rubregg.p2par...c/v2_script.zip)

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

WOW! 33, it was 24 when I left.

It gets better and better. Sorry I can't participate as I don't have SA.

Will there be a GTA IV one as well?(when it comes out for PC)

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (dxk @ Sep 11 2008, 15:36)

Of course. JAJ has already worked out the rules I think.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 11 2008, 06:24)
QUOTE (dxk @ Sep 11 2008, 15:36)

Of course. JAJ has already worked out the rules I think.

This is true. I've got it about 95% done thanks to saintdave & girishb for technical info on how the game works. Nov. 18 seems like a long way off....

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

Hey guys

It's been a very stressful week for me. For those who don't know I am a member of the clan, The Crook Department. We recentley had a muteny in which we got rid of our co-leader. With him gone that left me to fill his spot, so I am now the co-leader of The Crook Department. That will take up some time. More then normal.

Another factor is school. I'm busy with school work and my second semester is even worse, so takes down some time too.

Between helping to manage The Crook Department, and school. I'm fairly busy. I'll try and help out and play as much as I can but as I have jsut said. I got alot on my plate so I'm a busy man.

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:11 AM

Guess I'll wait for it then.

Say, if the GTA IV CG starts, what happens to SA?

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (dxk @ Sep 12 2008, 12:11)
Guess I'll wait for it then.

Say, if the GTA IV CG starts, what happens to SA?

80% Survive and Continue
20% Discontinue

And I hopr it's the 80%....Continue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users