Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,117 replies to this topic
rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (ArcAngel @ Sep 3 2008, 17:29)
I see Exfernis is having trouble loading the chain game, but I didn't want to post a reply to his posting in that thread.

@Exfernis: Are you sure you have the v2 scripts (http://rubregg.p2par...c/v2_script.zip) installed?

I pmed Exfernis, hope it'll help.

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

Lol. I'm not playing yet, just waiting on my slow-ass PC to install the game.

And, er, hai guys.

Hey, it's damn delightful to see the old-schoolers back biggrin.gif icon14.gif . Hai CA, very happy to see you back. It wasnt long ago i asked you why you vanished from the CG. smile.gif . From now on definitely we wont walk alone lol.gif .

On the other hand, i have to say something to the officers, JAJ and Orion. Guys i'm getting quite busy with academics off late hence you wont be seeing Cacarla in the near future on the CG.. Very sorry everybody confused.gif sad.gif . Anyway i might be back soon(even though i cant say when).. Till then please take good care guys.

Once again glad to see you CA..

Bid Adieu.. icon14.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:44 PM Edited by Unlimited, 03 September 2008 - 04:48 PM.

QUOTE (cacarla @ Sep 3 2008, 13:38)
On the other hand, i have to say something to the officers, JAJ and Orion. Guys i'm getting quite busy with academics off late hence you wont be seeing Cacarla in the near future on the CG.. Very sorry everybody confused.gif  sad.gif . Anyway i might be back soon(even though i cant say when).. Till then please take good care guys.

Only JAJ and Orion. sad.gif There are more of us you know. I'm a Officer, girishb is, rubregg is, and so is radicell. crazyanurag and quartet1977 are also but they are rather unactive. We'll all just go over in the corner and cry. tounge.gif

Anyhow it's very understandable. It's that time of year where everybody heads back to school. School is more important then San Andreas. Good luck with it. Try and get a turn in when ever you can. wink.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

Ryan, dude, I think cacarla meant JAJ, Orion and the rest of the other officers. wink.gif

@cacarla:
As John always tells me, studies are more important than anything else. So, concentrate on school and grab a turn only if you have the time (only after finishing your homework that is). icon14.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 3 2008, 13:51)
Ryan, dude, I think cacarla meant JAJ, Orion and the rest of the other officers. wink.gif

Oh yeah I see how you mean it. I interpredited a different way.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Unlimited @ Sep 3 2008, 22:28)

interpreted tounge.gif

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

Good luck, cacarla, and hope to see you back here soon.
...like girish said, but only after your homework wink.gif tounge2.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 3 2008, 14:02)
QUOTE (Unlimited @ Sep 3 2008, 22:28)

interpreted tounge.gif

die.gif

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:13 PM Edited by aFinn, 03 September 2008 - 06:17 PM.

Hope to see you around cacarla, when you can icon14.gif

Ok, here is my first guess at the rest of the unconfirmed vehicles from Vehicle Plan

4 missing rewards after Flight School:
-Andromada at LS airport
-NRG-500 at Verona Beach safehouse
-Sandking at LS armory
-Slamvan at El Corona

Quarry
-Rhino in SF

Home In The Hills
-Maverick at LS armory

Vertical Bird
-Hydra at Madd Dogg's
-Hunter at Santa Maria Beach
-Rhino at Grove
-Polmav in LV

12 Hidden Vehicles:

1) Nevada at LS airport
2) Tow Truck at El Corona
3) Sparrow at Grove
4) Sparrow at LS armory
5) FBI Rancher at LS armory
6) BF-400 at Verona Beach safehouse
7) Sparrow at Madd Dogg's
8) Leviathan at Palomino Jump
9) BMX at Jefferson alley
10) Turismo at Big Smoke's crack house
11) Vortex at LS Docks
12) BMX at import/export ship

I noticed that the kart at Madd Dogg's had disappeared after Home In The Hills? But it was there after flight school. monocle.gif Shouldn't it spawn all the time?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 3 2008, 11:13)
Hope to see you around cacarla, when you can icon14.gif

Ok, here is my first guess at the rest of the unconfirmed vehicles from Vehicle Plan

4 missing rewards after Flight School:
-Andromada at LS airport (correct) 15
-NRG-500 at Verona Beach safehouse 18(correct)
-Sandking at LS armory (correct) 14
-Slamvan at El Corona (correct) 17

Home In The Hills
-Maverick at LS armory (correct)

Vertical Bird
-Hydra at Madd Dogg's (correct)
-Hunter at Santa Maria Beach (correct)
-Rhino at Grove (correct)

12 Hidden Vehicles:(correct)

1) Nevada at LS airport
3) Sparrow at Grove
4) Sparrow at LS armory
11) Vortex at LS Docks

I noticed that the kart at Madd Dogg's had disappeared after Home In The Hills? But it was there after flight school. monocle.gif Shouldn't it spawn all the time?

Ooh..., so close.

Yes, Madd Dogg's Kart should spawn all the time. I check the script, nothing hides the karts. Perhaps it just didn't spawn that time. I don't think it has the force spawn flag set.

I regret setting the Export BMX to be a hidden vehicle. It always seems to be missing by the time I get around to the export missions.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

Ah, I knew there was a chance of messing it up, because I was lazy and didn't check the quarry save. It looks like the 2 things I was uncertain were wrong.

new guess

Quarry
-Polmav in LV (I though I had guessed this before and you didn't state it was correct, maybe I remember wrong)

Vertical Bird
-Rhino in SF

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:21 PM Edited by aFinn, 03 September 2008 - 07:58 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 3 2008, 21:54)
Yes, Madd Dogg's Kart should spawn all the time. I check the script, nothing hides the karts. Perhaps it just didn't spawn that time. I don't think it has the force spawn flag set.

I regret setting the Export BMX to be a hidden vehicle. It always seems to be missing by the time I get around to the export missions.

The kart didn't spawn on me 2 times, both times game was saved at Madd Dogg's, after Home in the Hills and Vertical Bird. Must have been just temporary then. Maybe had I left the area and come back it would have been there. That's how it usually works if things don't spawn after loading a save. Not that it matters, I don't drive with karts much tounge.gif

Toying with a couple of the new rewards in addition to the hidden Export BMX: I'd change the Fort Carson FCR-900 Zeroing In reward to Toreno's Ranch FCR-900 after Verdant Meadows. You don't need Toreno's place *that* much after Verdant Meadows, but it could be handy to have the FCR at Toreno's while doing his missions there?
And since on last rounds Driving School has been done so late, I miss the Sultan at Hashbury when I stash export cars there, so that could be a reward for Body Harvest instead. And I am personally sad to see all those sparrows hidden, as I prefer them over Hydras (because I suck at flying but sparrow handles well for me, lol.). I am sure many others disagree with me and prefer Hydras. Those are the things I would personally change if they could be done save/gamewise. I have no idea what is possible and what is not, as I have no idea about coding. It's for example possible that Toreno's missions may clash with a possible new spawn.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:36 AM Edited by OrionSR, 04 September 2008 - 05:41 AM.

Yeah. I noticed that a while back. Your FCR swap would avoid the need to change the map. The Toreno FCR was swapped for the Dam FCR at the last minute. I was never really happy with that choice. There are probably other inconsistencies, or better arrangements of the vehicle. Let me know if anything else doesn't make sense.

I'm not so sure about the Sultan though. In that situation the car can be unlocked if someone completes the mission, and I like the idea of the rewards prompting early completion of optional missions. Perhaps now that people are more aware of the rewards the side missions will be completed sooner.

Still, it'd be nice to use my Export BMX once in a while. Everyone is always in such a run to get deep into the desert.

Very well done on the vehicle plan.

Oops... Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

QUOTE (aFinn)
Quarry
-Polmav in LV (I though I had guessed this before and you didn't state it was correct, maybe I remember wrong)

Vertical Bird
-Rhino in SF

Both correct. Sorry.

And I hope I didn't provide misleading clues. I tried to be consistent. In some cases I ignored guesses that were a bit vague - speculation on what you might guess.

Update:
QUOTE (aFinn)
Thanks again OrionSR! This certainly narrowed things down. I'm thinking Quarry might unlock Police Maverick in LV?

But the rest I guess would be best to check properly to get them right.

Yeah, okay. I guess that was an official guess hidden in a sentence.

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:52 AM

I want to Apologize for taking Turn 1 hour Early yesterday sad.gif ...I didn't notice the Edit time Post sad.gif .

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 4 2008, 07:52)
I want to Apologize for taking Turn 1 hour Early yesterday sad.gif ...I didn't notice the Edit time Post sad.gif .

Don't worry, mate, first time offences are usually let slip through.

The 6 hour timer for a reset starts when the last turn ended so it's always the 'Edit' time you'll have to look for.

maxrevv
  • maxrevv

A man with hat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:42 AM

Dang it..
My first time in the CG and my computer interenet went berserk..now that is repaired..I forgot the game is in the v2 and I'm in v1..so now I'm stuck..Can anyone help me with the v2 savegame from CG so that I can play the CG next time?

The savegame needs to be on the 'GTA SA User Files' right?
Well,that file is in the Public files and when I download the Save Game Converter by Pdescobar,the converter wont start..Can anyone help me?

Your help is much appreciated as this is my first time playing GTA SA in PC..
I've been playing it on PS2..

Oh,is the next Chain-Game will be V1 or still V2? Or is it changed accordingly like 1st time: V1,2nd time: V2, 3rd time: V1 and so on?

One more thing,I'm playing on Vista Bussiness

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Sep 4 2008, 13:29)
QUOTE (Osiris Knight @ Sep 4 2008, 07:52)

Don't worry, mate, first time offences are usually let slip through.

The 6 hour timer for a reset starts when the last turn ended so it's always the 'Edit' time you'll have to look for.

Okay...Gonna Very careful next time.

maxrevv,use a V2 Script....or Drag n Drop your savefile...

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:00 AM

@maxrevv

Yes, the save files are in the 'GTA San Andreas User Files' folder. They are called 'GTASAsfx.b' where x is the number of the save game slot (1-8).

Even if the chain game is v2 you can still play with your v1. You don't have to convert save files or anything, but you'll have to replace your v1 script files with v2 scripts.

the script files are:
[path to game]\data\script\main.scm
[path to game]\data\script\script.img

There's a tool you can use to easily switch back and forth between different versions, all you need is in this topic: (http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=3688363)

Hope this helps.

maxrevv
  • maxrevv

A man with hat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:34 AM

I did what u did that was:
1.Upload the v2 script (main.scm and script.img)
2.Make backups of the v1 script files
3..Replace the v1 main.scm and script.img in the data/script folder

But then when I load Gta Sa,while the white bar is loading ,it crashes and the usual message "gta sa.exe has stop working" pops out. What did I wrong?
Is it because there are mods on the game? I'm aware that v2 version doesnt support mods,but what kind? I only have car mods and The Great Effects mod. Speaking of mods,does it abides the rule of the CG?

Help!!!

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (maxrevv @ Sep 4 2008, 14:04)
I did what u did that was:
1.Upload the v2 script (main.scm and script.img)
2.Make backups of the v1 script files
3..Replace the v1 main.scm and script.img in the data/script folder

But then when I load Gta Sa,while the white bar is loading ,it crashes and the usual message "gta sa.exe has stop working" pops out. What did I wrong?
Is it because there are mods on the game? I'm aware that v2 version doesnt support mods,but what kind? I only have car mods and The Great Effects mod. Speaking of mods,does it abides the rule of the CG?

Help!!!

You're damn right Max.. The CG saves has to be played without any cheats, mods etc.. So just uninstall your mods and then play the saves clean. Oh Thanks a lot for the interest in the Chain Game mate smile.gif icon14.gif . Have fun( As long as i am back tounge2.gif lol.gif )

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

I have a GTA IV hud and the Chain Game goes normal tounge.gif....One more turn and Round 33 is Over....99.47% for now...

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (cacarla @ Sep 4 2008, 14:11)
The CG saves has to be played without any cheats, mods etc..

You are right about the cheats part, but slightly wrong about the mods part. Players are allowed to use mods if they do not affect the save game stats in any way. For example, car mods, building mods, texture mods, etc are allowed. But there are certain mods like the ability mod (which I had used in one of the rounds long time back blush.gif ) that affect the save stats and aren't allowed.

@maxrevv: Are you able to load your own saves or start a new game? If yes, then I don't understand the problem. The only option remains is to have a clean install of the game since, most probably, it is the mods that is causing the game to crash.

This is all assuming that you have version 1 of the game. Am I right?

maxrevv
  • maxrevv

A man with hat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

Yes,I've done it!!! Thanks to rubregg,cacarla,and girishb for your help on my problems. You guys are one helpful team!!

Girishb- Yes,I have the v1 version..What I meant is i can load the game but while the white loading bar in the loading screen is working,its suddenly crashes. But,now its over!! Everything is fixed!! I could play CG now!!

Off to playing my first CG game!!

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 4 2008, 08:36)
I'm not so sure about the Sultan though. In that situation the car can be unlocked if someone completes the mission, and I like the idea of the rewards prompting early completion of optional missions. Perhaps now that people are more aware of the rewards the side missions will be completed sooner.

Still, it'd be nice to use my Export BMX once in a while. Everyone is always in such a run to get deep into the desert.

Very well done on the vehicle plan.
Oops... Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.
Both correct.
And I hope I didn't provide misleading clues. I tried to be consistent. In some cases I ignored guesses that were a bit vague - speculation on what you might guess.

Yes, I understand the motivation behind the vehicled unlocks as rewards. And it works with Chain Game very well. What I was saying was just my very personal preference, toying with some possibilities and/or how I'd prefer. I miss the Sultan tounge.gif

Thanks very much OrionSR. You were very helpful with the clues. You were right that some of my guesses were pure guesses, therefore it was ok not to confirm them. I was just explaining that it threw me off with my last guesses. 2 of the vehicles I did not check personally were wrong, suits me right for being lazy biggrin.gif

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:28 AM Edited by aFinn, 13 January 2009 - 07:58 PM.

Vehicle Plan
Vehicles unlocked by missions, new rewards different to normal game

Early unlocks:

8-Track - 2 vehicles - FBI truck and Monster in Dillimore
Bloodbowl - 1 - underwater Infernus
Kick Start - 1 - Hotknife in Santa Maria Beach
Dirt Track - 1 - Tornado in Willowfield

Boat School - 1 Bronze - Squalo in Santa Maria Beach
Boat School - 1 Silver - Packer at Mulholland
Boat School - 1 Gold - Sabre in Mulholland - Disco PnS Sandking with OrionSR's plates [new since round 37]

Bike School - 1 Bronze - PCJ in Grove
Bike School - 1 Silver - Freeway in Blueberry safehouse
Bike School - 1 Gold - underwater NRG near SF airport

Mission Unlocked:
Cesar Vialpando - 1 - Hunter at LS airport helipad

Body Harvest (8):
-Jester (Paradiso)
-PCJ-600 (Chinatown)
-Stunt Plane (downtown)
-RC Cam/flower pot (Carlton Heights) no longer a reward vehicle. (it's in the Calton Heights garage now and has cute little mod-wheels)
-Sabre in Mulholland [new/changed since round 37]
-Nevada (SF Downtown Rooftop)
-Berkley Van (at Zero's)
-FBI Truck (at export crane)
-beat up Glendale in LS near Smoke's house

Driving School - 3 Bronze
-Sultan at Hashbury
-Flash by the hotel
-Euros in Paradiso

Zeroing In - 1
-FCR-900 at Fort Carson safehouse

Test Drive - 2
-Duneride at Tierra Robada safehouse
-Sandking at El Quebrados

Custom Fast Tracks - 1
-Jetmax at Fort Carson Dock

Puncture Wounds - 1
-Monster at Toreno's

Verdant Meadows - 2
-FCR-900 at Toreno's Ranch
-Squalo at Dam

Flight School:

$PARKED_PLANES[0] Bandito Big Ear
$PARKED_PLANES[1] Desert Gold Romero
$PARKED_PLANES[2] Raindance El Quebrados
$PARKED_PLANES[3] BMX Pirate
$PARKED_PLANES[4] Comet Creek
$PARKED_PLANES[5] Hotknife Whitewood
$PARKED_PLANES[6] Turismo Prickle Pine
$PARKED_PLANES[7] Bullet Clown Pockets

$PARKED_PLANES[10] Infernus Camel Toe
$PARKED_PLANES[11] Cheetah Rockshore
$PARKED_PLANES[12] Fuel Depot Patriot
$PARKED_PLANES[13] Hotring B Redsands
$PARKED_PLANES[14] Sandking at LS armory
$PARKED_PLANES[15] Andromada at LS airport
$PARKED_PLANES[16] Seasparrow Palomino Jump
$PARKED_PLANES[17] Slamvan at El Corona
$PARKED_PLANES[18] NRG-500 at Verona Beach safehouse
$PARKED_PLANES[19] VCN Maverick TV Station
$PARKED_PLANES[20] VCN Maverick LV Courthouse
$PARKED_PLANES[21] Stunt Plane Pirate
$PARKED_PLANES[22] Stunt Plane Ranch Hill
$PARKED_PLANES[23] Rustler Four Dragons
$PARKED_PLANES[24] Sparrow High Roller

$PARKED_PLANES[27] Maverick Caligula's

Quarry:
-Polmav in LV

Home In The Hills
-Maverick at LS armory

Vertical Bird
-Hydra at Madd Dogg's
-Hunter at Santa Maria Beach
-Rhino at Grove
-Rhino in SF

100%
Turismo at Grove

12 Vehicles that get hidden by Flight School

1) Nevada at LS airport
3) Sparrow at Grove
4) Sparrow at LS armory
11) Vortex at LS Docks

[post edited to include changes made since round 37]

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:31 AM Edited by Osiris Knight, 04 September 2008 - 11:41 AM.

Oooooh......1 Last Turn taked by maxrevv. wow.gif ...but he forfeit cry.gif .....So...who will take End of the Line ???? bored.gif ...
End of The Line has 3 Part isn't it ?

BTW....I can't believe you all create all of this thing just using 1 of *.b file happy.gif ....

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

@maxrevv: You need to use the V2 scripts where you have V1. You can read about how to play V2 saves on V1 here.

CODE
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=226633

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Sep 4 2008, 03:28)
Vehicle Plan
Vehicles unlocked by missions, new rewards different to normal game

Thanks for the summary aFinn. I just bookmarked that post - it's bound to come in handy.

Congrats on another 100% everyone.

Osiris Knight
  • Osiris Knight

I'm Back!!!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

Now...Round 34 tounge.gif .Maybe it will reach round 200 Somedays wow.gif .

iam'sink
  • iam'sink

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:40 AM

I want to join this but my SA doesnt work right now so I'll try to do this Game when my SA starts working again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users