5,566 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Players used to post stats at the end of the round. You could look through some old data and see how things stack up.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:03 PM Edited by OrionSR, 07 April 2017 - 09:03 PM.

CG 117 Robot: http://gtasnp.com/8v56Sb

This is a test save for round 117. When we get a few screenshots of Robot's car and the colors look pretty much the same for everyone then JAJ has the starter save for the next round.

This save loads with a 4-star wanted level at the LV air races. The idea is to find 123Robot's new car and escape the city. Please grab a screenshot showing the default color (no painting allowed) and something like, traffic on bridges without barriers, Truth's crops, or the YKBB factory as this will verify the edits are working for your version. Please report you IPL version (which barriers you usually see).

Gx7E1l3l.jpg

123robot
  • 123robot

Dodo Pilot Expert

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:39 PM Edited by 123robot, 07 April 2017 - 09:40 PM.

Ah yes, my car is coming. This'll be my new favourite round.  :D Hopefully you all make good use of my lovely new car in round 117. See, it's all pink and vibrant and everything, it's great. :lol: We went through a lot of different colours but this was the most consistent one that I liked, so let's hope it works out. I took pictures of everything as you said to make sure everything's working - as we've learned, my version is the downgraded one that I thought was V1 but was actually secretly V2 or something in disguise, because barriers didn't show up for me in the last round where they only showed up for V1 players.

http://imgur.com/a/TvC99

The pictures show that my car colour matches, Truth's crops are there, there are no barriers, and the YKBB factory is fully intact. Of course, we should also get some examples from V1 players and such too to make sure everything works across the board, if there are any volunteers.  :pp

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

I have V1, I could give it a try if I find some spare time.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

I gave the starter save a go and found no barriers. The Truth's crop was there and the YKBB area was solid. I did not know where to find 123robot's car and did not find it. I have V1.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

Yeah everything is good on my end.

No barriers, Truth's crops and the drug lab are all there.

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

I tried the save and it works. But I heard some somewhere that a few phone calls are removed, so I'm worried. Is this true?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

Yeah. I didn't work on that part but both pdescobar and rubregg left notes for me in the script. It looks like it's just the Jethro calls.

//PDE/CG20: Interiors and Features
// Bike & Boat School and part of Driving School; copied from cellphone thread
// Note that Driving School won't actually start until after Wear Flowers in Your Hair.
// Thread is explicitly ended first, just in case. The cell call should be disabled.

//RBR/CG37: Both cell calls (schools and racing) have to be disabled,
//          otherwise threads will get duped or races can't be triggered

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

If Fooking Rekt has been banned, how can someone else post a save from a banned player?????

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

Lennart does everything FR tells him to do, basically.  They talk on WhatsApp or something outside of the Forum.  Wherever one goes, the other follows.

I saw that he posted for FR and was wondering why and how that happened...

Mitsuha
  • Mitsuha

Panda

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

Hello guys, I would like to participate in the Chain Game again. Is it possible for me to participate if I'm playing GTA:SA on Steam?

Thanks.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hi. :) I wanted to take a turn after a long time of not playing and I could load the chain game save but only with V1 scripts. Is it normal? As far as I know, V2 scripts have always been a requirement, but now my game crashes whenever I try to load the save with them. I figured I might as well ask before taking a turn & possibly making a mistake.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I haven't been active in a long time.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah. the save got converted to v1 on the very first turn. I PMed JAJ and Dr Evil recommending that they simply convert it (don't convert IPL) back to v2 when downloading from SnP, but... I didn't see anything suggesting this was done on purpose, so I don't see why you couldn't make the conversion as you start your turn.

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Are glitches, like duping safehouses & consequently being able to do races or school stuff with a time of 0 seconds, allowed?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by OrionSR, 2 weeks ago.

"Glitches" are not allowed, but exploits are often encouraged. It's the results rather than the action that's prohibited. It's my understanding that duping a safehouse will add extra mission progress. IMHO, that should not be allowed. We're shooting for 100% at End of the Line, not 101%. I don't have a problem with exploits that produce unusual stats like a 0 second lesson time as long as you've got a no-cheat/mod/edit explanation for it.

• lil weasel likes this

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Fooking, 2 weeks ago.

After 100% progress is not added, so duoing a safehouse will give you 100% earlier, but it won't exceed 100%.

By starting a courier asset mission with OM0, and then buying a property, the timer will remain on screen (and the property will dupe & Chinatown will be unlocked if not bought before). While the timer is there, any race or test that has been completed will have a time of 0 seconds (and afaik it will be Gold unless you receive damage bonus)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted A week ago

We've got a glitch.

Mission: New Model Army/NRG-500
Called by: lol232
Link: http://gtasnp.com/9hMjcv
Completion %: 48.66%
Notes:
Acquired Zero's RC Shop asset
Saved at the Doherty Garage

Although I appreciate lol232 converting the save back to v2 scripts like it ought to be, SnP's IPL conversion has added v2 bridge barriers blocking off LV. If you chose not to revert the save the glitch can be avoided if a v2 player completes YKBB. Or, another IPL conversion will probably remove the barriers. SnP uses mission progress to convert IPL rather than flipping the flags from one version to another. Neither strategy will work with the hybrid IPL flags set in the custom Chain Game saves.

The custom CG saves are designed to work with v2 scripts and should never be converted during rounds. V1 players should swap in v2 scripts to take turns in the Chain Game. For your own use, SnP's script conversion works very well. Just don't convert the IPLs. The current save works well with either version, and there are version specific independent saves for previous starter saves.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users