Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,566 replies to this topic
JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:50 PM Edited by JAJ, 06 February 2017 - 11:07 PM.

@123robot,

Were you using V2 scripts - main.scm and script.img? the file dates are 9/19/2005 4:09PM

found here (well, at least on my computer):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:02 PM

You do have a habit of finding very rare glitches but I think this is a common CG misunderstanding. But I loaded the glitched Are You Going save with my v1 (modded) installation of SA and drove out to look at the barriers, just to be sure.

fCrgHisl.jpg

And that's really the best way to know that you can do the round's barrier missions. If you can see the barrers, then you can drop them. Your comments suggest that you don't see this glitch. Do you see the barriers to LV? I suspect not, but if you can see either of these barriers then... we have a mystery on our hands. A v2 player should be able to see Truth's crops at his farm up until YKBB. There's also a big gray hell hole for v2 players at the SF crack factory.

The confusing part is that the executable (exe, binary) version, as weasel pointed out in the SnP data above, doesn't make a difference for barriers. People "downgrade patch" their exe version all the time to maintain compatibility with trainers and mods, but that doesn't change their version as far as the Chain Game is concerned. The flags for the barriers and other group objects are dependent on the sequence of files within gta3.img, a multi-gig data archive. So your IPL version is usually determined by your original installation.

So, if this glitch is similar to other glitches we've had over the years (sorry, we should have caught this sooner), then you downgraded your current installation and thought that made you a v1 player. And yeah, I know first hand that it sucks to lose progress. Usually we can count on experienced players picking up the slack to keep things going. Hopefully this won't put too much of a damper on things.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:59 PM Edited by JAJ, 07 February 2017 - 12:03 AM.

Sorry, we must do a re-start at the save just before Green Sabre and use TubwayArmy's turn Reuniting the Families

We have barriers for V1 players, I checked it and Arrow reported it. If we don't do the re-start V1 players will have the barriers the rest of the game.

I blame myself for this because I should have checked the save after the Green Sabre area opening save was posted.

I'm really sorry I missed checking the save and caused the loss of progress.

I guess I should add "an Original V1 .exe player and not a downgraded to V1" and "Barrier mission must be completed by a player that can see the barriers." to the instructions on the first page.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069389599

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

So, from what I can make out of all this, a version 1 player needs to complete the Green Sabre instead to get the barriers opened up.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:55 AM

Yes, please. And we know you've got v1 barriers as you reported the glitch. Feel free to PM me if I don't respond to glitch reports.

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Facade Corporation
  • Czech-Republic
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

Installed my original release version of the game and completed Green Sabre. Hopefully did everything correctly!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

IPLs: Barriers1- Barriers2-PCv1 Crack-PCv1
   IPLs: Truthsfarm-PCv1PCv2 Carter-PCv1PCv2

Looks good.

• TubewayArmy likes this

123robot
  • 123robot

Dodo Pilot Expert

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:50 PM Edited by 123robot, 07 February 2017 - 07:21 PM.

Well, the annoying thing is, I actually used to have an ORIGINAL Version 1 game on my PC, but I don't have the disc anymore and I lost my hard drive data back around July, which is why I'm now using a downgraded Steam version. Quite inconvenient. I guess this is why I'm only just learning about this now though despite how long I've been playing. Thanks for clearing things up! :) Although speaking of which, does the Steam version use the V2 gta3.img thing? Just so I know in future for sure and don't cause another mess. Speaking of which, sorry for causing a mess.  :/

EDIT: While I'm here asking questions, TubewayArmy's Green Sabre save says 'Script/SCM version - V1' on GTASnP. Isn't it supposed to be V2? Just wondering. :p You said everything's fine with his save, so I'm gonna continue with my turn (since I already called it).

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, it is supposed to be v2. Well... crap. I'll reset again.

Don't get discouraged robot. JAJ and I are discussing strategies for simplifying the process, and that means making a new starter save, which means you finally get your plates.

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Facade Corporation
  • Czech-Republic
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:10 AM

Oh damn. Sorry guys, this is really confusing. Why it can't be as simple as III or at least Vice City...

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:52 PM

I'll be sure to watch out for the missions that remove barriers. For now, it'll better if a V1 user does all missions that removes barriers.

123robot
  • 123robot

Dodo Pilot Expert

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

Hey, well, at least you're not alone, TubewayArmy, we've both had an equal share of screw-ups now. :pp  I guess that's just the issue with San Andreas having all those different versions. Maybe if the Hot Coffee thing had never happened, we'd never have had to worry about this. Anyway, fingers crossed that's the end of our problems... *ominous sound plays*  ;)

Also, yes, my license plate! Secretly, I was curious about that, but I didn't want to seem TOO eager. :lol: I'll be up there with the greats of the Chain Game, remembered for my uncanny ability to cause everything to suddenly go wrong whenever I decide to play. :p

• TubewayArmy likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:42 AM

No. What you should do is appear very eager. Start a conversation with me in PM and bug me for updates that you can test. I have a hard time finishing projects if I don't have someone to keep me interested. We should start soon. It takes longer than you'd expect to properly test a new save.

• 123robot likes this

123robot
  • 123robot

Dodo Pilot Expert

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

Oh, alright then, if you insist. :D Just wouldn't want to seem too much of a nuisance badgering you for updates 24/7, but in that case, I'll try to make sure you don't forget. :p I'll get on that.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:56 AM

3ehF0V9.jpg

7F5UP3O.jpg

Found these alien vehicles in the Doherty Safehouse Garage. What are they?

luishernandez
  • luishernandez

nv have title

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:18 AM Edited by luishernandez, 26 February 2017 - 10:11 AM.

those are "mutant" bikes. u can get them like this by putting any wheels on them:

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

those are "mutant" bikes. u can get them like this by putting any wheels on them:

Reference please? Why would you link a GTA III Video to a San Andreas based mod?

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

Reference the alien vehicles:

Those are mutant bikes, One is a chopper and the other is a mountain bike. I took them off the roof of the Doherty garage where they are in game. I put them in the garage and moved the Cabbie to Hashbury so as not to loose them. There are mutant bikes like these at almost all the garages in the Chaingame. Most are lost once we put too many vehicles in the garages. One at Ganton (police bike), El Corona, Santa Maria, Dillimore, another set like Doherty on the roof of Verdant Meadows garage, A mutant Faggio on Verdant Meadows hanger.  I think that's all but not sure, they are behind the garages. You have to look for them. There are also some engineless bikes in some of the garages.Also some special vehicles in some of the garages.  

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

rubregg hid 3 mutant bikes in each of the impound garages. They get replaced naturally as other vehicles are impounded during game play. Strategies for using the impound garages were spawned as a result of the CG custom save research, and we spent quite a bit of time tweaking their properties to make them easier to use - the bikes spawn normally instead of above the ceiling at the SF impound, for example. The bikes were intended to encourage players to play with the impounds.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

To be honest, I don't really have a liking for the impound bikes. They're way too messed for me.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:58 PM Edited by OrionSR, 19 February 2017 - 10:59 PM.

Yeah. Now that people can make mutant vehicles using mod-free strategies I've noticed a polarity of opinions on their freakish looks. I thought they were interesting and unique, and rubregg was a big fan of everything weird. I think he made one of everything, put his favorites in odd places in the standard garages, and put the rest in the impounds as a curiosity. 

And now that the CG vehicles aren't as unique as they used to be I'm planning to turn the garage vehicles into super-cars and bikes. I've recently learned how to adjust some of the handling flags of vehicles in a garage. These vehicles will have improved off-road handling and acceleration. Also, a Monster without rear wheel steering. I can't enable rear-wheel steering without also modifying the data files, but it can't be disabled. I'll try to get a test save online soon. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter.

Also in the works for the 11 Year Chain Game Anniversary save, the plan is to remove all barriers so we can have a single starter save and it doesn't matter (much) who does the barrier missions. Much - depending on who does what and which IPL version you have, there might be a gray hell hole at the YKBB factory during the SF strand, overlapping objects after YKBB. or crops that persist for the duration of the game, or not, but none of those things should causes any game play issues. I like the barriers and will miss them. Comments?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:22 AM

I PERSONALLY don't like the EM (Exclusive Modification) Feature on most Vehicles in SA, despite it being possible and done in normal gameplay during Mountain Cloud Boys Mission or using OM0 and doing this even as late as after 100%.  I only like the EC part of the Conversion where I can make anything EC whatever I want, and again done in normal gameplay.  Before when there was ONLY the possibility using Just Business to obtain an EC/EM BF-400, it felt more special and unique for a Bike like that, but now that it can be done to ALL Bikes in SA, I don't view it as special anymore and like I said, the EM Features don't look very good to me as they once did.  The Bike Tires are as far as I will go, but some people put Bumpers on a Seasparrow, or Hydraulics and Tires on a Maverick, etc, etc.  I don't like any of that, but instead, making a Maverick EC Pink or something.  Like this:

Q2nyej9.jpg?1

When I did this on PS2, though, and put Hydraulics on a Maverick, it makes the rotating camera not use-able anymore, which is annoying since I can only look straight as if I have tunnel vision when flying it.  As you can see, a Quadbike is here, too, and it's EC Black with different Tires.

bzmnHnQ.jpg?1

But yeah, you can do this with all the Bikes and also Cars, Trucks, Vans, Planes, Helicopters, etc, etc.  It's all in the Special Vehicle Guide I made December 2015.  I don't know why people don't just view it, read it, learn a thing or two.  All the information has been out there for quite some time now.  This Summer, it will be a year since some of these discoveries.  The original founder of the FIRST ever "Mutant" or EM Bike was UltimaPhoenixRising back in Summer 2015, so it's been a while since we first heard of this.

Videos are on Youtube.  Luis linked the wrong one and instead a GTA III Video for some reason lol...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:40 AM Edited by OrionSR, 22 February 2017 - 03:41 AM.

Happy Birthday to the San Andreas Chain Game

Thanks to everyone who has made this game such a joy for 11 years.

• lil weasel, 123robot, GTAKid667 and 1 other like this

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

11 Years already. Happy Birthday Chain Game.

123robot
  • 123robot

Dodo Pilot Expert

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

Nice! Happy birthday to the Chain Game! Glad I could be here for this momentous occasion!  :D Amazing that it's been around for so long.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

Happy Birthday to the Chain Game! It's great to see the game still running after so many years, it's always such fun to play. Thanks to JAJ, OrionSR and all of the other players and helpers over the years for keeping the game running for so long :)

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

luishernandez
  • luishernandez

nv have title

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:11 AM

lol yes sorry i linked wrong video i had it copypasted for gta 3 guide. i edited the post and add 2 videos there and 2 video in this post

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

I suggest making a new starter save since the next round that doesn't have those Mutant bikes saved.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

I realised that I had taken the highest number of turns in this Chaingame round.

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:52 PM Edited by Fooking Rekt, 28 March 2017 - 07:56 PM.

Anyone here a fan of YouTube speedruns? This one's hilarious (5 players + riot cheat):

Use the theatre for that

I realised that I had taken the highest number of turns in this Chaingame round.

I have no idea if that's a good or a bad thing. We need more players :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users